Bebo, the In-House heroine for Dharma Productions

Posted: 12 years ago

"Kareena is the in-house heroine at 'Dharma'" - Karan Johar

Katrina Kaif may have impressed Karan Johar in a big way with her 'Chikni Chameli' [Agneepath] act but the filmmaker insists that when it comes to the first choice of a leading lady, it is Kareena Kapoor who holds fort. With an association that has continued right from the days of Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham to as recent as Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu, it seems like pretty much for the keeps if declaration made by Karan is any indication.

"Kareena is the numero uno heroine in Bollywood today and the very fact that she and Karan are extremely close for years means that no one can take her place as yet", says a Bollywood insider, "After a brief fallout that happened between them post Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham that led to Preity Zinta bagging Kal Ho Na Ho, things have been better than ever between Kareena and Karan. Though Karan is yet to direct her again, Kareena has obliged by stepping in as a leading lady in his other productions like Kurbaan, We Are Family and Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu."

While one waits to see when does Karan direct Kareena again, everyone at Dharma Productions is quite clear that regardless of the director, it is Kareena who stays on to be the first choice as a heroine.

When contacted, Karan didn't deny the information either. He said, "Kareena is the in-house heroine for us. Period. Everyone at Dharma Productions is pretty much in sync around that and that was the case with Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu as well. Whether it is director Shakun Batra or his co-writer Ayesha Devitre, everyone wrote the film keeping Kareena in mind."

Explaining further logic around her being roped in for films being made at his production house, especially Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu, Karan said, "In any case when it comes to her, the role has to be really interesting, meaty and challenging. That is the case here as well and I can say that as the fun element in the film, she has come up with one of her most solid performances till date."

He adds, "I always believe that it is very difficult to do conversational films. When there is drama, dialogues and background music, it gives an actor enough padding to perform. However a set up like Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu, it becomes quite difficult and you need a great actor. Kareena just fits the bill."

Flattered, Kareena?

Source: Bollywoodhungama

Edited by desigal90 - 12 years ago
then why do u give her shitty films kjo...? WHY? 

yennewayz...isnt EMAET the only film shes doing with kjo?? 

shes not offered anymore right? 
You know, in Johar's defense, he's been pretty loyal with Bebo.

He first came to Kareena with Dostana, but at the time, Abhishek just wasnt willing to work with her. So he launched Kurbaan around the same time.

Then he also wanted Agneepath wtih Hrithik and Kareena (as he clearly said in a chat with fans), but that didnt work out, so then around the same time, he launched EMAET with Kareena & Imran.

Even KHNH was first offered to Bebo, who screwed it up and had a fallout with Karan.

Actually, Karan's the one director who's been very loyal to Kareena. Most of his films went through her first.

Edited by desigal90 - 12 years ago
^^actually thts true...

its the darling bebo tht selects the creme de la creme crap of the crop shes offered...😆
Ofcourse, Bebo's award winning choices.
She gets offered No One Killed Jessica and Dhruv, and what does she choose to do? Bodyguard & Ra.One 🤢
sigh...she makes it so hard to be her fan...

im thinkin i might switch loyalties to priyanka,...what say? ðŸ˜‰

I'm scared Bebo might claw my eyes out if I switch loyalties 😆

Carry on!  ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜†

I never liked Bebo to start with...but over the years I have grown to like her. The best thing about her is she is willing to learn from her mistakes. She doesnt pretend that she set out to do exactly what she got as many in BW do. I also appreciate her for making her own choices about career and men unlike Karishma. Karishma too made many many mistakes but unfortunately she could blame Babita for many of them. And Kareena is also close to her dad despite the break up of her parents while Karishma wasnt able to balance between the loyalty for her mother who brought her up and Randhir Kapoor.

I think Bebo and Dhrama are a match made in hell, they churn out their worst work when they both work with each other. The OTT  super irritating Poo in K3G, the disastorous Kurbaan and now the amatuerish EMAET, they do bring the worst out of one another.