Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Expectations and Disappointments- By an IPKKND fan (Page 2)

sheela83 Senior Member
sheela83
sheela83

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 2:36am | IP Logged
Leaving aside all the antics, which hold very little significance now, we are waiting to see the true love blossom which has still not germinated and for how long will it remain latent. We have come long way to find that the buildup has not yet begun, so how will a bonding ever develop ? Any signs of progression in one episode gets thwarted  in the subsequent one by some degenerative factor. Hence we are stagnating, unable to move forward. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

HeadOverHeelsincandescent

ArHi_4ever Goldie
ArHi_4ever
ArHi_4ever

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 3:03am | IP Logged
Hug Fari...
Thank you for penning down this post. It really captures the essence of what is bothering me since last night.
Situational comedy is different since it looks like a part of the scene and cannot be helped. But the current sequences are forced. Khushi jogging on the spot, Khushi teaching Payal how to ask for a towel after she was so hurt about Lavanya. It almost feels like she is indifferent towards it overnight.
Converting an intense love story in to comedy circus is unbearable. This story has so much to offer and yesterday's episode was painful. Why are we not getting anything about the past of the characters like how did Shyam - Anj get married / How did Anj - Arnav's mother die / Why is Arnav so bitter?
Soul touching scenes such as Khushi breaking down at the boutique / Arnav finding about engagement/ Diwali / removing lights before Diwali / him trying to help her when sand goes in to her eyes, come to mind instantly.
Salvage the show please... Show us the theme of the show and not new characters with funny accents... We want a proper love story with good development, conversations and proximity..
I just dont feel that Khushi loves Arnav even in her subconscious mind with the way things are going now... Cry

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sayani2807incandescent

AR-ARHI_naila IF-Dazzler
AR-ARHI_naila
AR-ARHI_naila

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 3:29am | IP Logged
mindblowing post!!!! u said it all. hope the cv's read it.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

incandescent

incandescent IF-Sizzlerz
incandescent
incandescent

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 4:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JONAKIHATESYOU

Highly disapointed.IPKKND is now testing my patience.It's been 6 months but still no progress in the story.Actually after watching yesterday's episode I think the story is going backwards.
Show some maturity for God's sake.Atleast for once Khushi and Arnav can talk something sensible.Atleast for once Garima,Buaji,Payal,Akash and every other characters should show some maturity.Come on CV's we want to watch an intense drama not a comedy circus.

well I love IPK comedy but there is a time for everything. 

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 4:49am | IP Logged
Fari, I said this somewhere else also ... I didn't like the episode at first watch ... ONLY because of that silly OTT jogging and screaming. But on re-watch it was okay ... I didn't have any problem with Khushi being rude to Arnav ... that's the way they are with each other, he was equally rude to her and it's not rudeness any more between them-  it's familiarity. He's perfectly normal talking to Payal, then he turns to Khushi and bam! His tone changes ... LOL Are you coming home or not ... No, I'm not, so there!

But I agree with you that the CV's need to start evolving Khushi's character a little more ... they seem to be taking it backwards many times. I really have not much problem with ASR's character, it has been pretty much steady, and the change has also been slow and steady, except that he is also stuck on the "I don't feel anything for her" mode ... However Khushi has been taken back and forth a lot ... she was never this OTT at the start of the show, and they need to strike more balance between the childishness and stop letting it degenerate into silliness.

And they do need to progress the love story now ... after the original intensity, this OTT comedy is difficult to digest!

The rest of the characters are fillers for me ... don't really notice them that much, tbh, except that the old Garima was much better than the current one!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

S.Stephysayani2807premparbatincandescent

incandescent IF-Sizzlerz
incandescent
incandescent

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 4:57am | IP Logged

Originally posted by DiyaS

Fari, I said this somewhere else also ... I didn't like the episode at first watch ... ONLY because of that silly OTT jogging and screaming. But on re-watch it was okay ... I didn't have any problem with Khushi being rude to Arnav ... that's the way they are with each other, he was equally rude to her and it's not rudeness any more between them-  it's familiarity. He's perfectly normal talking to Payal, then he turns to Khushi and bam! His tone changes ... LOL Are you coming home or not ... No, I'm not, so there!

Well I agree on the rest of the episode. The whole episode was basically  a filler which I have no issues with. We have two-three fillers every week. But the bathroom scenes was OTT. it was poorly edited as well.

But I agree with you that the CV's need to start evolving Khushi's character a little more ... they seem to be taking it backwards many times. I really have not much problem with ASR's character, it has been pretty much steady, and the change has also been slow and steady, except that he is also stuck on the "I don't feel anything for her" mode ... However Khushi has been taken back and forth a lot ... she was never this OTT at the start of the show, and they need to strike more balance between the childishness and stop letting it degenerate into silliness.

Khushi needs a bit more consistency . 

And they do need to progress the love story now ... after the original intensity, this OTT comedy is difficult to digest!

The rest of the characters are fillers for me ... don't really notice them that much, tbh, except that the old Garima was much better than the current one!

thanks for your comments. 

DiyaS

Krani IF-Dazzler
Krani
Krani

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 5:13am | IP Logged
Sorry, but I'll have to disagree.

I am loving the fact that the attention is being given to the family members and not the leads of the show. Because the other characters play as much of a role in Arnav/Khushi's love story, as any other. Also if they concentrate completely on Arnav/Khushi, chances are the creatives might stuff up the story and I'd rather they take their time and deliver good intense chemistry; than rush and spoil the entire thing.
I am speaking of this because another show I used to love, DMG, rushed into getting AR together...and this I feel destroyed the storyline, and also sidelined other potential characters. (In my opinion)

Plus the last few episodes had to be concentrated more on Lavanya, Payal, Akash and the other family members, because:

a) Lavanya was exiting
b) it was Akash/Payal's engagement
c) Shyam's truth was exposed

Not only that I also love the humorous touch they bring to the show, because it helps bring back that spark from the start. Where Khushi would run like a retard, and it would make me laugh.

I also love how they are mellowing Arnav's character albeit slowly. His care for Lavanya is shown because Khushi has made him care for people.
His anger at being questioned about the broken engagement, shows that he still is not ready to completely open up and be a love-sick puppy.

As for Khushi:

She is still the same person. Her playfulness and her abrupt behaviour remind us that she is just an 18 year old girl. To her Arnav is a meanie who broke Lavanya (her good friend) heart. And so when he comes, and she pulls him into the bathroom by mistake...she reacts just as she knows how. She screams.

I would have been disappointed if she would have stood there with an eye-lock, because the Khushi that was introduced has strong morals and...was very conservative. So granted she is not going to take lightly to the fact that a man is in the bathroom with her.

And her shouting at him shows that she still has the spark to tell him what she thinks. That she is not afraid of him.

Sure he was a guest, but she sees him every day. She is comfortable around him, so she isn't going to treat him like a..well...guest. That was expected out of Payal.

Hope I didn't offend anyone, I just feel that this show is going at a perfect pace and developing characters beautifully :)

~Sweety

Edited by sweetdamage - 22 December 2011 at 5:13am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

fida.khuranatrue-bluesayani2807prathikriYummymummyS.Stephypremparbat

incandescent IF-Sizzlerz
incandescent
incandescent

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 5:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sweetdamage

Sorry, but I'll have to disagree.

I am loving the fact that the attention is being given to the family members and not the leads of the show. Because the other characters play as much of a role in Arnav/Khushi's love story, as any other. Also if they concentrate completely on Arnav/Khushi, chances are the creatives might stuff up the story and I'd rather they take their time and deliver good intense chemistry; than rush and spoil the entire thing.
I am speaking of this because another show I used to love, DMG, rushed into getting AR together...and this I feel destroyed the storyline, and also sidelined other potential characters. (In my opinion)

Plus the last few episodes had to be concentrated more on Lavanya, Payal, Akash and the other family members, because:

a) Lavanya was exiting
b) it was Akash/Payal's engagement
c) Shyam's truth was exposed

Not only that I also love the humorous touch they bring to the show, because it helps bring back that spark from the start. Where Khushi would run like a retard, and it would make me laugh.

I also love how they are mellowing Arnav's character albeit slowly. His care for Lavanya is shown because Khushi has made him care for people.
His anger at being questioned about the broken engagement, shows that he still is not ready to completely open up and be a love-sick puppy.

As for Khushi:

She is still the same person. Her playfulness and her abrupt behaviour remind us that she is just an 18 year old girl. To her Arnav is a meanie who broke Lavanya (her good friend) heart. And so when he comes, and she pulls him into the bathroom by mistake...she reacts just as she knows how. She screams.

I would have been disappointed if she would have stood there with an eye-lock, because the Khushi that was introduced has strong morals and...was very conservative. So granted she is not going to take lightly to the fact that a man is in the bathroom with her.

And her shouting at him shows that she still has the spark to tell him what she thinks. That she is not afraid of him.

Sure he was a guest, but she sees him every day. She is comfortable around him, so she isn't going to treat him like a..well...guest. That was expected out of Payal.

Hope I didn't offend anyone, I just feel that this show is going at a perfect pace and developing characters beautifully :)

~Sweety

I don't think you understand my post. I don't have any problems with any other characters getting attention. If other characters get attention it will only be good for the show.

Infact in all my other posts I keep saying how other characters should be developed.

By showing love between the leads I don't mean that I want to see eye-locks, trip-fall-catches and dupatta flying. that is not my idea of love or romance.I want to see some good interaction, some proper conversations. 

HeadOverHeels

Go to top