Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Seven Stages of Love

serialjunkie IF-Sizzlerz
serialjunkie
serialjunkie

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 8:13pm | IP Logged
Lalitji and CVs

Thanks for opening your page as a venue for fans to express themselves (adulation and occasional brickbats).

IPK, from all appearances, is shaped after Regency Novels (strong anti-hero, beatiful/upright/honest heroine, their contrasts bring them together and pits them against each other, eventually to find the ultimate paradise of relationship)

As many psychologists and the ultimate li...fe coach himself, Deepak Chopra, explains in the following video, there are seven stages of love:-
1. Attraction
2. Infatuation
3. Communion
4. Surrender
5. Intimacy (physical and mental)
6. Passion
7. Ecstasy

http://www.oprah.com/spirit/Deepak-Chopra-Explains-the-Stages-of-Love-Video

As an ardent fan, I am struggling hard to put either Arnav or Khushi at any particular stage of love. Their characterizations dont seem to follow any of these age-old memory patterns that humans have come to rely on when defining their world.

As a result, the love story that we have so far looks chaotic, out of order and somewhat imbalanced. Could you consider this video and encourage your creative team to narrate a story that follows the seven stages of love with all its nuances and deviations.

Many fans are feeling that the relationship between ASR and Khushi is at a stalemate right now and their relationship has progresses haphazardly at best. Well, one way to bring a certain tonal quality is to follow what our brains are most equipped to follow and understand - aka the seven stages of love.

Hats off to you for creating a classy show, and staying far far away from Saas/Bahu and Conniving Women nonsense. I look forward to interacting with you on this forum and sincerely hope you'd take this article I've shared into consideration as your team develops its future stories.

Edited by serialjunkie - 21 December 2011 at 8:19pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Surefire27Angel-Girlcraziefanspsharmilareyaa...Apz..-Garima-rushshriSillyPepperanjs

serialjunkie IF-Sizzlerz
serialjunkie
serialjunkie

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 8:20pm | IP Logged
Edit - never mind!

Edited by serialjunkie - 21 December 2011 at 8:24pm
rushshri IF-Sizzlerz
rushshri
rushshri

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 9:00pm | IP Logged
According to dis we r on second phase. Hope I am correct - INFACTUATION stage.
-Sush- IF-Sizzlerz
-Sush-
-Sush-

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 9:01pm | IP Logged
ASR is getting into stage 2...at times...
KKG in stage 1...

I think Mr. Deepak Chopra has gotten passion in the wrong order...it comes with attraction...Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smile and is abundant for Arhi!!!

Edited by MsUniverse - 21 December 2011 at 9:02pm
..Apz.. IF-Rockerz
..Apz..
..Apz..

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 9:05pm | IP Logged
OMG !!!! i cant believe it...we have just entered the 2nd stage after 6 long monthsShocked
nice post!!!!
serialjunkie IF-Sizzlerz
serialjunkie
serialjunkie

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 9:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MsUniverse

ASR is getting into stage 2...at times...
KKG in stage 1...

I think Mr. Deepak Chopra has gotten passion in the wrong order...it comes with attraction...Big smile and is abundant for Arhi!!!

see thats where the confusion lies. The CVs are moving back and forth, jumping a few stages at once and then regressing back to stage 0, ie as if ARHI are meeting for the first time.

This creates chaos and an unsustainable narrative. Soon enough people will tire of inconsistencies and non-systematic approach to story telling.

See, human brain processes certain patterns quickly because we have formed memory shortcuts. These shortcuts gave us the sharp survival instincts to survive in the wilderness of the past. For instance, when you see a large crowd of people running away from a certain building, you tend to follow suit and run away from the building or atleast hesitate to enter the building.

Seven stages of love are our brains memory shortcuts etched deep with centuries of evolution. When we fail to follow these patterns (in reel and real life) what ensues is cognitive lapses.

Thats what we at the forum are suffering from. CVs are playing willy nilly with the progress and creating confusion. I hope the article nudges them along. (Although I have no illusions that some fan's input to Lalitji will ever be taken seriously. but i've done my bit part)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

anjs

serialjunkie IF-Sizzlerz
serialjunkie
serialjunkie

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 9:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by aparnam

OMG !!!! i cant believe it...we have just entered the 2nd stage after 6 long monthsShocked
nice post!!!!

yeah! my reaction exactly, and then they jump several hoops to passion with Miss Kiss and then regress to Stage 0 ie pre attraction. My head is reeling.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

..Apz..anjs

.Mandy. Channel Moderator
.Mandy.
.Mandy.

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 9:43pm | IP Logged

We came close to stage 5 but that seems like such a long time ago. I am hoping with both engagements being broken we see more of ArHi getting close. They need to move forward already

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top