Poor people have no culture?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
I wonder what the serial is trying to convey. Dont people with no money not know how to eat rice without pasting it all over their faces? Agreed they may not know what a five course meal is. But the way they portray Manyata is like she has never seen food, and her figure does not for an instant suggest that she has ever starved!!! 
And the dress sense of the raj mahal walas...Gosh only Aruna Irani and the Lady who acts as Manyata's mom dresses with any class. What is with that shiny chested fellows chef's coat in different colours. Anyway no real royalty dresses up in finery day in and day out'. They dress up with lot of class unlike in ill fitting dresses of Jay. I just hope they dont decide to dress up Manyata in finery and heavy lehanga. I hope she dazzles in simple pastel chiffons because she is truly a beautiful girl and doesnt need to be made to look like a clown
Posted: 12 years ago
I agree with the point that you are trying to make but what I think the Creatives are trying to tell is the childishness that still hides behing Manayata. She was so pampered by Murari, with love, that she acts like a child and does things that people her age normally don't. She is an amateur. But true that this does convey a message that people that live in chawls have no culture, which is not true at all. On the other hand, thinking logically, she was not that poor to have never seen such food or never used a spoon. Anyhow, only the creatives know what "KHICHDI" theyre making