Has ASR always been... - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
The thing I did not understand in this scene is that why was he struggling to read hindi.. Yes not understanding the meaning of the word " rakhrakhav" is acceptable. but he should definately be able to read it atleast.. Vahan and Pustak are not difficult words to read.

He is a businessman in India yaar.. He should be well versed in Hindi and English. And that too they supposedly live in Delhi where Hindi is spoken..

Actually I didn't understand a single bit as I'm not a Indian...๐Ÿ˜ƒuntil Anjali comes and tell...
Originally posted by thingcalledlove

incapable of reading (and therefore writing) Hindi? Has this been showed to us before? Heck, has it ever been hinted at?

Does his incapability even make sense? I'm not sure how the education system in India works, but wouldn't you be taught Hindi in even the most prestigious English based school? even if it was just one class? I mean, I would think that Anjali & ASR would have had the same education (considering their social class), and she seems to be able to read Hindi just fine.
I mean I guess it's possible that ASR studied abroad and therefore didn't lean Hindi beyond speaking it. I just thought it seemed a little odd.

Thoughts?

While i agree that there is an inconsistency that he could read hindi perfectly earlier and has suddenly acquired this disability :P 

but as far as schooling in India goes, i think i can identify a little with that. Despite being schooled in a subject hindi i have difficulty reading the script for the simple reason that beyond school i have never read hindi...i do stumble with the letters...if u dont see a script regularly for say 14-15 years, u can hv trouble reading it..

maybe its an eyesight thing that he couldnt read her note ๐Ÿ˜ƒ...cos that was in somewhat simple hindi...

I studied Hindi from 1st to 12th but sucked at it so badly and i read it like him too..Joining alphabets to form a word. Most of the time I am pardoned cos I am South Indian but little does anyone know I studied in Delhi. So yes you can be like him.
But regarding the character he seemed to have read letters in hindi before without any problem.
Originally posted by Priya_128

While i agree that there is an inconsistency that he could read hindi perfectly earlier and has suddenly acquired this disability :P 

but as far as schooling in India goes, i think i can identify a little with that. Despite being schooled in a subject hindi i have difficulty reading the script for the simple reason that beyond school i have never read hindi...i do stumble with the letters...if u dont see a script regularly for say 14-15 years, u can hv trouble reading it..

maybe its an eyesight thing that he couldnt read her note ๐Ÿ˜ƒ...cos that was in somewhat simple hindi...

Same pinch priye!! For that matter I learnt Sanskrit ...I don't remember anything other than kukuraha...๐Ÿ˜†

For that matter I don't remember anything I studied in school or college...๐Ÿ˜†