Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Has ASR always been... (Page 2)

momma1128 IF-Sizzlerz
momma1128
momma1128

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 8:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by geetmaanluv

Originally posted by momma1128

I do not understand what the hell the CVs were doing here.  He has read Khushi's notes in the past - the one about pasta ka promise and the one that came with the plants.  In neither of those scenes did he sound like Rainman.

He may not be able to read the 'shudh' hindi - but her note.  CVs who wrote this are not the ones who wrote those other scenes.   That is clear, because those were some of the best tracks of the serial and this is well, not.

the pasta ka promise was in english... khushi tried to write english. and he got stuck on the pure hindi words. like no one in india uses the word vahan for car. every body just says car. even people who dont know how to read english know what a car is. so it was not so strange he could not read the pure hindi words for car maintenance bec even i didnt know what rudra... w/e meant. and anjali does enough pooja's to speak good sanskrit and to be a pundit herself so it makes sense that she should be able to read it easily. 

la's note was in hindi and he had no problem, correct?  Please recheck what I wrote - I understand shudh hindi issue - not her note.

Edited by momma1128 - 21 December 2011 at 8:01pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

thingcalledlove

thingcalledlove Groupbie
thingcalledlove
thingcalledlove

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 8:04pm | IP Logged
Yeah, it was more than just the book he was having trouble with. He was stumbling over Khushi's note to him too, which is what stood out as odd to me. 

Edited by thingcalledlove - 21 December 2011 at 8:04pm
lovely IF-Dazzler
lovely
lovely

The thing I did not understand in this scene is that why was he struggling to read hindi.. Yes not understanding the meaning of the word " rakhrakhav" is acceptable. but he should definately be able to read it atleast.. Vahan and Pustak are not difficult words to read.

He is a businessman in India yaar.. He should be well versed in Hindi and English. And that too they supposedly live in Delhi where Hindi is spoken..

thingcalledlove

-Iruni- IF-Sizzlerz
-Iruni-
-Iruni-

Actually I didn't understand a single bit as I'm not a Indian...Big smileuntil Anjali comes and tell...

thingcalledlove

Priya_128 IF-Dazzler
Priya_128
Priya_128

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 9:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by thingcalledlove

incapable of reading (and therefore writing) Hindi? Has this been showed to us before? Heck, has it ever been hinted at?

Does his incapability even make sense? I'm not sure how the education system in India works, but wouldn't you be taught Hindi in even the most prestigious English based school? even if it was just one class? I mean, I would think that Anjali & ASR would have had the same education (considering their social class), and she seems to be able to read Hindi just fine.
I mean I guess it's possible that ASR studied abroad and therefore didn't lean Hindi beyond speaking it. I just thought it seemed a little odd.

Thoughts?

While i agree that there is an inconsistency that he could read hindi perfectly earlier and has suddenly acquired this disability :P 

but as far as schooling in India goes, i think i can identify a little with that. Despite being schooled in a subject hindi i have difficulty reading the script for the simple reason that beyond school i have never read hindi...i do stumble with the letters...if u dont see a script regularly for say 14-15 years, u can hv trouble reading it..

maybe its an eyesight thing that he couldnt read her note Big smile...cos that was in somewhat simple hindi...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

thingcalledlovepinky_blueskies

Nope123 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 10:13pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

thingcalledloveprathikri

Nope123 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 10:20pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

thingcalledlove

Go to top