Posted: 12 years ago

Arnav typed away on his laptop, composing an e-mail to one of his investors, thanking him for attending the fashion show, and making plan to meet again, in order to discuss the new line further.

A sound of laugher drifted up into his room and Arnav paused in his typing. He knew that laugh. It was one that echoed in his dreams. He stood up suddenly, making it way down the hall and towards the stairs. He faltered at he looked down into the living room to find Khushi sitting on the couch, her head thrown back as she laughed openly.

Nandkishor sat beside her look extremely pleased with himself. Arnav growled softly. There was no way that he was going to let this...kid, move in on Khushi.

"Khushi" Arnav said loudly from his spot on the stairs.

He watched with satisfaction as Khushi jumped in surprise.

"A-Arnav Ji?" she said as she stood up to face him.

"Khushi, I have some stuff I need you to do, so if you're done here..." he let his sentence trail off, but the meaning was clear.

"Oh come on Nana Ji," Nandkishor teased, "Khushi was just teaching me some Hindi. She's a great teacher."

Khushi tried to suppress a smile at the nickname. Arnav frowned, his eyes darkening slightly.

"Khushi," Arnav repeated before turning on his heels and walking back to his room, expected Khushi to follow behind, which thankfully she did.

Arnav sat down on his chair and pulled his laptop back into his lap.

"Um, Arnav Ji, what did you need me to do?" Khushi asked as she stood in the door way, looking around the room.

"Oh, uh..." Arnav stumbled, he hadn't thought this through. He had just wanted to get her away from Nandkishor, "I need you to water the plants."

"But," Khushi started

"Is it really that difficult, Khushi?" Arnav asked, interrupting what Khushi was going to say.

"No, but A-Arnav Ji...it's raining outside," Khushi stated as she pointed over his shoulder. He turned to look at the window and sure enough it was pouring.

"Oh," Arnav responded, "Then you can, um, uh." Arnav looked around, his eyes settling on the pile of mail, "You can put these in alphabetical order based on sender."

Khushi looked at stack of mail questioningly, but sighed and picked it up. She settled at the edge of his bed and started to go through it, a hint of a smile on her lips.

"Arnav Ji, if you wanted me to stay, you just had to say so," Khushi said with a smile.

"Unbelievable, " Arnav responded, but there was a smile on his face.

oh god this is so so cuteπŸ˜† loved it
very cute
wow u just have to say wow that was a good one
This was really sweet.
Loved it.
⭐️
You can expand it a bit...

it's a nice start