asr ... my first indian television crush *blush*

oh.petite.one thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
hellooo  everyone  

i never thought that my mother and my many aunts would ever succeed in getting me hooked onto an indian television drama... but it seems that they have succeeded 😲

I'm the kind of person that isn't really into all the prolonged eye locks and duppata flying stuff, i prefer watching the hardcore stuff they show on vampire diaries...  despite that however I have always caught glimpses of the hundreds of indian dramas on star plus thanks to the  chubby ladies in my family, but i never really paid attention to them, let alone get hooked onto them... that is until i caught sight of the gorgeous barun sobti playing the sexy and slick arnav singh raizada ☺️

needless to say it was like love at first sight 😍

till this day, i think it was fate, that the very day the first episode of the show was aired i had to be sitting next to my aunts in the living room, having a bowl of spaghetti bolognese...  i remember very clearly arguing with the chubby ladies in my house so that i could change the channel, but like always i was outnumbered 7 to 1 and had to accept defeat!

so as a disappointed me, grumpily stuffed my face with spaghetti while sitting on the sofa, i could hear my mum and aunt discussing about the characters on the show already * by the way it always amused me how the many people hooked onto SP dramas would always speak about the characters as if they were next door neighbors or something!*

anyhow i had stepped out of the living room to clean after myself... until i heard my aunts ooh-ing and aah-ing over some hot stud on the screen *what can i say the ladies in my house can be pretty shameless sometimes* hearing the despicable ruckus i went back to the passageway to check out for myself what all the fuss was about...

and lo behold there my eyes fell on this handsome creature...dressed in black... looking all manly and  broody... intense eyes, aristocratic jawline, smug smirk... i was quietly swooning in the passageway away from the prying eyes of the chubby ladies in the house!

and then he spoke and i swear i felt a shiver run through me as i heard his husky voice and english dialogues, just when i thought things couldn't get any better, like a mills and boon hero, arnav singh raizada grabbed the pearls at the back of khushi's top and ripped them off ... in the process making me grab hold of the wall as i felt my knees weaken due to all the sexual tension oozing out of the television screen...

and then my mum had to go and ruin the moment by calling out my name, obviously i couldn't let them know that i was actually watching a indian drama, *afterall i had a reputation to uphold* so i quietly tip toed back into my room...

there i logged onto youtube and spent the rest of the evening abusing the refresh button so that i could dhrool over asr in peace... my obsession got so bad i started google-ing about the show until i came across india forums... and i have to say knowing that there were many others out there in the same predicament as me *crushing over asr that is*  i felt much less freaked out πŸ˜†

anyhow i don't why i'm posting this, it's probably because this is the first time i joined the forum and it would be great if i could make some virtual friends πŸ˜ƒ as i really do need people to talk to about my obsession πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

*and talking to the chubby ladies in my house about my obsession is a strict no no, like i mentioned before i have a reputation to uphold* πŸ˜†

xxx

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hi! :) Welcome to the forum :D
And about your post, well all I can say that you're not the only one. β˜ΊοΈ
All of us here are obsessed with ASR so don't feel freaked out :P
I actually came up with a word for my obsession the other day, I call it "Arnavitis" :PP
oh.petite.one thumbnail

Originally posted by: reyabear

Hi! :) Welcome to the forum :D

And about your post, well all I can say that you're not the only one. β˜ΊοΈ
All of us here are obsessed with ASR so don't feel freaked out :P
I actually came up with a word for my obsession the other day, I call it "Arnavitis" :PP

thanks for the welcome reya πŸ˜† it's good to know that i ain't the only one!
and Arnavtis sounds pretty funky πŸ˜†

preetijaiswal19 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
welcome oh.petite.one! I luv your username! And we are all obsessed too... you must read the awesome symbolism and analysing details that we post... makes you see the show in a new light!
Marybarton thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
Ah you are a secret admirer, nice! I too have watched very few soaps in my life. But got hooked on to one or two and stopped watching because the initial story was extended to ridiculous extents. I started watching Mohnish Bahl's new show after many years of hiatus and decided it too was getting very slow (MB is still great). So I fished around for some entertainment on IF and found this show.

Youtubed it, first scene I found was KKG saying she won't apologize to ASR even if it is his house and he was glaring at her. I thought...wow that guy looks too good and acts too good for Indian TV, forget Indian TV, he looks and acts too good for Indian movies! Next clip, Diwali...sexy...I went and decided to look from the start. Only the romantic clips at first. Long behold, same story.

Saw this beautiful man convincingly portraying a big, powerful guy. Then he rips off the pearls (symbolically taking her innocence) and I go nuts. Watching all the romantic clips in two days straight. Writing questions and queries on IF. Then going back and watching 6 months of shows in a matter of two days. Then waiting every day for the next show and even writing a fanfic! Finally I write a post that I think I am going crazy because I am like Arnav in real life, realistic, practical, not into the mush. Look at me now. I adore KKG and Arnav. Even made my mother watch the whole thing and I watched it again with her. Now even she is hooked and she normally never watches soaps. I should add though that Barun is a cutie who strikes me as a very different person, married, funny, cute, boyish, adorable and childish. So I am not confusing him with ASR. I will give him this, he is one fine actor. I wish him luck in Bollywood, he's certainly better than any in the young gen right now.

But ASR as a character is totally my type and judging by your post, totally your type as well. Welcome to the forum.

Edited by Marybarton - 12 years ago
oh.petite.one thumbnail

Originally posted by: preetijaiswal19

welcome oh.petite.one! I luv your username! And we are all obsessed too... you must read the awesome symbolism and analysing details that we post... makes you see the show in a new light!

i know what you mean, i have read some of those threads already, and some of the interpretations people come up with is really intriguing, and i completely agree, it really does make you see the show and the characters in a whole new light
:)
oh.petite.one thumbnail

Originally posted by: Marybarton

Ah you are a secret admirer, nice! I too have watched very new soaps in my life. But got hooked on to one or two and stopped watching because the initial story was extended to ridiculous extents. I started watching Mohnish Bahl's new show after many years of hiatus and decided it too was getting very slow (not MB is still great). So I fished around for some entertainment on IF and found this show.

Youtubed it, first scene I found was KKG saying she won't apologize to ASR even if it is his house and he was glaring at her. I thought...wow that guys looks too good and acts too good for Indian TV, forget Indian TV, he looks and acts too good for Indian movies! Next clip, Diwali...sexy...I went and decided to look from the start. Only the romantic clips at first. Long behold, same story.

Saw this beautiful man convincingly portraying a big, powerful guy. Then he rips of the pearls (symbolically taking her innocence) and I go nuts. Watching all the romantic clips in two days straight. Writing questions and queries on IF. Then going back and watching 6 months of shows in a matter of two days. Then waiting every day for the next show and even writing a fanfic! Finally I write a post that I think I am going crazy because I am like Arnav in real life, realistic, practical, not into the mush. Look at me now. I adore KKG and Arnav. Even made my mother watch the whole thing and I watched it again with her. Now even she is hooked and she normally never watches soaps. I should add though that Barun is a cutie who strikes me as a very different person, married, funny, cute, boyish, adorable and childish. So I am not confusing him with ASR. I will give him this, he is one fine actor. I wish him luck in Bollywood, he's certainly better than all the young gen there right now.

But ASR as a character is totally my type and judging by your post, totally your type as well. Welcome to the forum.

thanks so much for the welcome mary :) barun the actor and asr the character are complete opposites when it comes to personalty, which just goes to show  that barun is a really good actor,
but i'm going to be honest with you, if i ever saw some like asr in real life i would run in the opposite direction because he would intimidate me too much πŸ˜† that is why i prefer to drool over such characters in the books, movies and tv... but this is the first time i've really gotten hooked to a indian soap and seen such a hero portrayed on indian tv...

Marybarton thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8

thanks so much for the welcome mary :) barun the actor and asr the character are complete opposites when it comes to personalty, which just goes to show  that barun is a really good actor,
but i'm going to be honest with you, if i ever saw some like asr in real life i would run in the opposite direction because he would intimidate me too much πŸ˜† that is why i prefer to drool over such characters in the books, movies and tv... but this is the first time i've really gotten hooked to a indian soap and seen such a hero portrayed on indian tv...

Lovely petite one, you should check out my post about what the girls would do if they saw a real life ASR. The answers were so different and funny. Please add yours there too :)
Edited by Marybarton - 12 years ago
DeePiku thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Welcome to the ASR obsessed hospital:))) Gods...when I saw him come out of that helicopter I threw away all my pictures of any other actor, got onto google, and here I am, an ASR obsessed-freak...
oh.petite.one thumbnail

[/QUOTE]

Lovely petite one, you should check out my post about what the girls would do if they saw a real life ASR. The answers were so different and funny. Please add yours there too :)
[/QUOTE]

please do give me the link to that post, and i'll be sure to post my version there too πŸ˜†