misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

Today what to write...🤔

Very good acting by Avinash for his bumbling, falling over himself enacting of an introvert person who is basically a geek and who is trying to get the attention of the girl whom he loves and also wants to impress her. Dev in his eagerness to please Radhika/Kanha who is Radhika to him is rushing headlong into trying to woo her and make her realize that her thoughts do matter to him...after a long time he started painting but subconsciously he is painting a picture of kishnkanhaiya most probably to get Radhika's attention  and to make her happy. He is not painting pictures of Radhika, his dream girl taking into consideration that he started painting after a long time, but something that will make Radhika happy.  He is throwing tantrums knowing and expecting that Radhika will follow him because he wants her attention. He is living in his bubble where he thinks that everything is hunky dory ...he has got Radhika, Barkha will get married and he will declare who the real RPtian is...if people accept them it is fine, if not then Rohan will be made the RP and he will lead his life with Radhika. His needs are pretty simple and he is expecting everything to neatly fall in its place. Interestingly he asked Kanha to get Barkha married not because he wants Radhika to get her rights socially but because he wants both of them to be together.  He is self centered when Radhika is concerned. Anyway he has always been that ...but he also had a depth in him which is not visible now. That complex Dev is not that visible to me anymore now and it is not Avinash'a fault, it is the creatives and the writers fault.   Anyway coming back to Dev, he also might think that since he has explained to Radhika that his jumping around her is him trying to fond excuses so that he can spend some time with her and since she did not protest it is ok with her too. Also Radhika did not ask for societies recognition she only wanted her to be his wife...that might also play some part in Dev thinking like this. I mean why he is trying to let her know in any way possible that the only thing that she had asked from him is hers and he won't give that to anyone else anymore. 

From the way Dev spoke to the pandit on the phone it looks as if the pandit was not told who the bride is...I think Dev told him to think that the marriage if of someone who belongs to this family...but this family who have come to see Barkha...do they really exist in reality and if they do then have they been sworn to some secret pact that they will not reveal anything about their son's wedding to anyone.  I am just curious regarding this aspect because it has not been made clear in the episodes.

As for the other stuff, sorry but I do not have patience for Urmila's moon walking, nor of Barkha mooing to the moon regarding her lost "love" Dev ...  

Edited by misti73 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tilashini thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
heyy!!!!!!!!!! Misti ðŸ˜ƒ
PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Misti today I was laughing throught the Dev k/R scene thinking how he is always getting upset and always radhika has to come and cajole and placate him Dev is always rootha rahta hai and Radhika is always manofying him😆😆😆😆😆
Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Misti,

Today I liked Dev after a long time despite his character's limited scope.  Not that his complex character is visible and he is still somewhat one-dimensional.  But this dimension was in him after that ME.  Before that even during kidnapping he was more complex and deep who was falling in love with Radhika more deeply as he started living with her.

Anyway coming back to that, it seemed as if Dev has decided that his world is perfect because Urmila is there to insist that Barkha gets married.  So no more talk of Barkha asking for rights as a wife and that is making him happy.  He is a geek who does like to get Radhika's attention and throws tantrum when he doesn't get it.  So it is alright for him to take away Radhika's rights or walk away from her when he is in his righteous mood.  But he doesn't like it when Radhika ignores him and throws a tantrum expecting her to come running to him and tend to him.  He has never got attention from anybody and he doesn't want it.  But Radhika is special and he expects special treatment from her.  He did come across more like a kid and Radhika of course is a mature one in this relationship.

I liked that after a long time they paid attention to Dev's creative side.  He stopped his art when he lost Radhika and now that he thinks his world is perfect, he would get back to that and do something for Radhika which involves painting something that would impress her.  

I did find the last scene funny where he was calling Barkha the daughter of the house and ignoring that once she was called DIL of the house (of course the PF has convenient amnesia when it suits them).  It was almost like he was ready to call Barkha his sister which of course viewers would also prefer.  He also was emphasizing on Radhika as his wife in front of the groom and the family.  Of course I am ignoring all the illogic about outsiders knowing about the arrangment and yet Mahant not getting a small hint that Radhika is Dev's wife.  Strange world of these mahants and so called society of Mathura in CB land where a secret which is known to insiders and outsiders is not revealed to them.

Found the banter between R/K and Barkha boring as it was predicatable.  Doesn't seem like an illusion and so poor groom who is for the time being saddled with Barkha.  This Kanha has no qualms using an innocent family for his games.  Of course if they make this an illusion, it would be better.  Vishnu had created such illusion for Narad once to teach him a lesson.  Otherwise it leaves a bad taste to think that they can show Kanha doing all these things.

Barkha's nautanki was as usual intolerable and so nothing to say.  Only thing was the song.  Like Vishaka was shown once to sing Radhika's aarti, I was afraid that they would show that Barkha is singing that beautiful song of Radhika.  So I was happy.  But of course they had to show Barkha singing the same song that was picturized on Radhika once in that beautiful episode.  Don't know why creatives like to do that.  Couldn't they have some other song for Barkha than using something that was picturized on Radhika and Dev once.   But then what to expect when the same writers let Dev put sindoor on Barkha.

Finally, really liked Avinash's acting especially as he is getting almost no scope to perform.
Edited by why6 - 12 years ago
misti73 thumbnail
Originally posted by: why6

Misti,

Today I liked Dev after a long time despite his character's limited scope. He reminded me of a kid who is falling all over himself to please his guardian. Not that his complex character is visible and he is still somewhat one-dimensional.  But this dimension was in him after that ME.  Before that even during kidnapping he was more complex and deep who was falling in love with Radhika more deeply as he started living with her. Even after the 24th July ME he was somewhat complex...all that dissapeared after the RP sabha episode.

Anyway coming back to that, it seemed as if Dev has decided that his world is perfect because Urmila is there to insist that Barkha gets married.  So no more talk of Barkha asking for rights as a wife and that is making him happy.  He is a geek who does like to get Radhika's attention and throws tantrum when he doesn't get it.  So it is alright for him to take away Radhika's rights or walk away from her when he is in his righteous mood.  But he doesn't like it when Radhika ignores him and throws a tantrum expecting her to come running to him and tend to him.  He has never got attention from anybody and he doesn't want it.  But Radhika is special and he expects special treatment from her.  He did come across more like a kid and Radhika of course is a mature one in this relationship. Yes he did come across as a kid to me...and he does expect a lot from Radhika because she is the only one who matters to him... and now that has even increased more in him because he is scared of loosing her...hence him running after her and trying to please her with some gift or his company...Also since R/K has indirectly told him before that actions are more important than words, he might be thinking that it is more important if he demonstrates to Radhika his remorse for not listening to his conscience and distrusting her  by his actions ..but how I wish that they give Dev monologues to explain all this to the audience...or give him dialogues to explain all this to radhika/kanha...if not for R/K but atleast for the audience. But the realisation has not happened, he might feel guilty of not trusting her but he feels he took the right decision as an RP because he had to protect the RPhiti.He also knows that one should follow the truth, but maybe dada also hid some truth for a long time and since no one protested when it came out, he feels that sometimes it is needed ...I mean one might have to tell lies to protect the RPhiti (which to him also means the family hence protecting people who are immediatley dependent on him...and also to serve the people and continue the family tradition) ...but now after realising what he will loose for maintaining this lie, he is ready to let it go but he is still taking care of people by appointing a successor.  What he is not realising is that truth cannot be hidden so the family prestige is maintained...it cannot be hidden so that family live in luxurious condition...it cannot be hidden so that family traditions are maintained...and one cannot do real justice by maintaining double standards...I mean one set of rules for society and one set of rules for the family. An idealist will have the same set of rules for anyone, a person in love with his ideas and image usually has double standards.

I liked that after a long time they paid attention to Dev's creative side.  He stopped his art when he lost Radhika and now that he thinks his world is perfect, he would get back to that and do something for Radhika which involves painting something that would impress her.  yes and today the porject was impressing her.

I did find the last scene funny where he was calling Barkha the daughter of the house and ignoring that once she was called DIL of the house (of course the PF has convenient amnesia when it suits them).😆😆😆yeh found that amusing too. I actually find it more amusing from Padma than Dev, becuase Dev never wanted to give Barkha any rights it was Padma who was going DIL DIL...this lady will use anybody for her security, but then she also becomes normal and thoughtful if her securtiy issues are taken care off. Barkha is in no way in love with Dev...she is obsessed with Dev or anything that Radhika has..but I am thinking if that was a nice girl who genuinly has fallen in love with Dev, just because of Padma's insecurity she will be transformed from a DIL to daughter of the house in a fraction of a second. It was almost like he was ready to call Barkha his sister which of course viewers would also prefer.  He also was emphasizing on Radhika as his wife in front of the groom and the family.  Well since the grooms family knows about thsi so called arrangement most possibly that is why he introduced Radhika as his wife, becuase he was not doing it in the muth.Of course I am ignoring all the illogic about outsiders knowing about the arrangment and yet Mahant not getting a small hint that Radhika is Dev's wife.  I am very curious about this... Strange world of these mahants and so called society of Mathura in CB land where a secret which is known to insiders and outsiders is not revealed to them.

Found the banter between R/K and Barkha boring as it was predicatable.  Doesn't seem like an illusion and so poor groom who is for the time being saddled with Barkha.  This Kanha has no qualms using an innocent family for his games.  Of course if they make this an illusion, it would be better.  Vishnu had created such illusion for Narad once to teach him a lesson.  Otherwise it leaves a bad taste to think that they can show Kanha doing all these things.That is why I am asking about illusion because otherwise it does leave a bad taste that kanha is using some innocent family to get his work done...By Narada do you mean Shilanidhi and Srimati story? 

Barkha's nautanki was as usual intolerable and so nothing to say. I ignored it  Only thing was the song.  Like Vishaka was shown once to sing Radhika's aarti, I was afraid that they would show that Barkha is singing that beautiful song of Radhika.  So I was happy.  But of course they had to show Barkha singing the same song that was picturized on Radhika once in that beautiful episode.  Don't know why creatives like to do that. Couldn't they have some other song for Barkha than using something that was picturized on Radhika and Dev once.   But then what to expect when the same writers let Dev put sindoor on Barkha.Yes I recognised the song..they do that to wind up the audience that Barkha is singing real Radhika's song..but I ignored that too.

Finally, really liked Avinash's acting especially as he is getting almost no scope to perform.Yes and thats why I started my write up mentioning his acting.

laxmis thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks Misti for the write up. Angie,  even I thought Dev was on the verge of calling Barkah his behen ðŸ˜Š
misti73 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Tilashini

heyy!!!!!!!!!! Misti ðŸ˜ƒ

Hi Tigu! Howz life? ðŸ˜ƒ
misti73 thumbnail
Originally posted by: chalhov

Misti today I was laughing throught the Dev k/R scene thinking how he is always getting upset and always radhika has to come and cajole and placate him Dev is always rootha rahta hai and Radhika is always manofying him😆😆😆😆😆

Chalhov that is the dynamics of their relationship and hopefully Kanha will realise how much Radhika has to do for Dev. Anyway I am hoping that keeping in mind what happened to their daily TRPs last week, they do not over do these "romantic" scenes between R/K and Dev.
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
I only liked Radhika/Kanha and Dev's scene where he gets angry and has to be pacified. They are so cute together but the CVs fail to see that and are spending way too much time on Barkha's track. Enough already, give the viewers a well needed break from Barkha and put back the focus on Dev and Radhika. By Radhika I mean the real Radhika not Kanha. While its been a treat to watch Rubina as Kanha, I'm ready to get back to the old CB instead of the Barkha show.
misti73 thumbnail
Originally posted by: laxmis

Thanks Misti for the write up. Angie,  even I thought Dev was on the verge of calling Barkah his behen ðŸ˜Š

Laxmis you are welcome and I think Dev will have all the blessings and best wishes from the audience if he does end up refering to Barkha as his sister.