Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Khushi kumari Gupta is NOT a gavar (Page 3)

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 4:28am | IP Logged
I have to confess, I didn't like the episode at first watch. Then I rewatched and realised that that only scene I really had a problem with was the bathroom scene, especially the aftermath jogging and screaming ... the rest was actually okay ... Being an SI fan, I don't like episodes where Khushi is too OTT and stupid, everything else I can take with a pinch of salt. And I didn't have a problem with ASR not being able to read the shudh Hindi of the manual ... it was difficult ... if Khushi needs to learn English, he needs to brush up his HIndi ... another similarity between the two!

As for being a ganvar just because she can't speak English properly, if that was the case why are people in the West scrambling over themselves now to learn Mandarin and Hindi?  If you live in some countries in Asia and the Far East, knowing English will get you nowhere, you have to learn their local language. And pronunciation is really not a measure of fluency or understanding ... have you ever heard an Aussie or a Scotsman or an Irishman speak their version of English? Makes you wonder if YOU know English at all! LOL

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Gayathri-sayani2807sunflower52Anam...pakpearlincandescent

incandescent IF-Sizzlerz
incandescent
incandescent

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 4:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DiyaS

I have to confess, I didn't like the episode at first watch. Then I rewatched and realised that that only scene I really had a problem with was the bathroom scene, especially the aftermath jogging and screaming ... the rest was actually okay ... Being an SI fan, I don't like episodes where Khushi is too OTT and stupid, everything else I can take with a pinch of salt. And I didn't have a problem with ASR not being able to read the shudh Hindi of the manual ... it was difficult ... if Khushi needs to learn English, he needs to brush up his HIndi ... another similarity between the two!

As for being a ganvar just because she can't speak English properly, if that was the case why are people in the West scrambling over themselves now to learn Mandarin and Hindi?  If you live in some countries in Asia and the Far East, knowing English will get you nowhere, you have to learn their local language. And pronunciation is really not a measure of fluency or understanding ... have you ever heard an Aussie or a Scotsman or an Irishman speak their version of English? Makes you wonder if YOU know English at all! LOL

The only thing that bothers me about ASR not being able to read HIndi - didn't he read hindi before ?

AS far as I remember, the fake suicide by LA ( not the pasta ka promise one )  written in Hindi. ASR read that without any difficulties.

I think that scene was a blooper. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

..Apz..pakpearlDiyaS

MirchiQueen Senior Member
MirchiQueen
MirchiQueen

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 4:35am | IP Logged
one thing...

The answer lies in the episode itself...even Arnav couldn't read the Hindi words written on the book... understanding them is a far thing... so is he called gavar??? LOlzzz... no... I don't get it why people mark English as the only achievement a person can have if he/she has to be called educated. Her hindi is mashallaah... I rarely find anyone speaking so pure hindi... for information of many people here... most of us even talk in Hinglish... which disrespects both these languages...ConfusedOMG... even after being originally frm Bihar... I am not able to speak so pure Hindi which she does... Had she been a real person, I had taken classes from her.!LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pakpearl

sunflower52 IF-Rockerz
sunflower52
sunflower52

Khushi is not a gavar, just because she does not know how to properly pronounce english words.

The only thing I did not like about the episode was Khushi being rude to ASR, as he was their guest. 
-Drishti- IF-Sizzlerz
-Drishti-
-Drishti-

if ppl call Khushi a gavar coz she pronounces some stuff different.. shudnt they even call ASR illiterate coz he can't read hindi? I mean, its the national language and he does speak it... annoyed me alot in y'days epi!
DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 4:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by incandescent

Originally posted by DiyaS

The only thing that bothers me about ASR not being able to read HIndi - didn't he read hindi before ?

AS far as I remember, the fake suicide by LA ( not the pasta ka promise one )  written in Hindi. ASR read that without any difficulties.

I think that scene was a blooper. 

He read her note in Hindi all right, although not very fluently ... it was the shudh Hindi of the manual that he stumbled on ... that's what I felt. Although strictly speaking, he should have been able to READ  it aloud and only wonder what it meant ... if you get what I mean Tongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

incandescent

MirchiQueen Senior Member
MirchiQueen
MirchiQueen

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 4:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Drishti-

if ppl call Khushi a gavar coz she pronounces some stuff different.. shudnt they even call ASR illiterate coz he can't read hindi? I mean, its the national language and he does speak it... annoyed me alot in y'days epi!

sorry... but HINDI is not the NATIONAL LANGUAGE!Confused
DTeacher Senior Member
DTeacher
DTeacher

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 7:30pm | IP Logged

You made some decent observations, as have others in this thread, but I think you went a little far when stating,

'...'I would support her even if she commits murder, this is just "immaturity"...''

I do agree that Khushi is NOT illiterate and many reasons supporting this conclusion have already been given by people here.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

..Apz..SunoNa...

Go to top