Navya

India-Forums

Navya
Navya

.::.Let It Snow!!!.::. (It's Holiday season!)

SomerholicGirl IF-Rockerz
SomerholicGirl
SomerholicGirl

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 11:11am | IP Logged

R E S U L T S    W I L L   B E    A N N O U N C E D  A S   G A   T O P I C!

Thank you for your participation!

~ Regards, CC Team~

Oh the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

It doesn't show signs of stopping
And I've bought some corn for popping
The lights are turned way down low

When we finally kiss goodnight
How I'll hate going out in the storm!
But if you'll really hold me tight
All the way home I'll be warm

The fire is slowly dying
And, my dear, we're still goodbying
But as long as you love me so

Jackets and sweaters, Stockings and boots
Snug hats and mittens, Warm woolen suits

All bundled up and ready to go
Out of the house to play in the snow

Although one feel clumsy in all of these clothes
We are so happy whenever it snows!

Who wouldn't want to wait for gifts and holidays?Smile Who aren't lovers of winter and its beautiful aspects?HeartThe Flawless snow and the joys of Christmas and new yearDay Dreaming. It's a season which gives us lots of happiness and bliss...Big smile

So every one,In the name of winter, Lets  give a shout together...Party

Another year in our life is almost coming to an end. So far, the year have been passed with Joys and sorrows, Smiles and Tears, Excitement, anger, worries, frustration and all kinds of emotions.Be it good or bad. Nonetheless, we are still alive and here.Smile

The summer has passed long back, The trees became bald and the leaves were rode off by the wind.And thus, The Fall too paid its visit for the year and faded away. The great canvas of earth changed it colours from Plush green to red, yellow, brown and orange. And finally to white with all the chills Settling in..Cool

Oh yeah! Its winter! The holiday season.Smile Time to get geared with our woollens  and become a child all over again. Playing out in the cold,Walking in the Snow Flakes, Snowball Fights, Making a snowman, decorating christmas trees,Skiing, Baking cakes, Waiting for the Santa to sneak in quietly on his sledge and leave presents for us, singing Christmas carols, Partying hard and Finally welcoming another fresh year with ALL SMILES... What an awesome time we'll have! Even thinking about it makes my lips curve upwards.Big smile

Now,December is already half way through, Not even half, Three quarters... The winter has already started , so do the fun..But The main fun is yet to begin...Embarrassed

So, before that, atleast  once let's recall all the sweet memories from this year.. Sad ones too...Flush the sad ones away from your life and the sweet memories?Just lock them in your brain..Let this be a season of Sharing and sending trash outta brain. Lets share our thoughts, Ideas, even silly ones and last but not the least, let us have a fresh and clean mind for celebrating this holiday season..WinkBig smile

As, written in the pic...There is No Place like home for the holidays.. DO you guys agree?

Well, I do.. Cuz There is access to another home (My virtual home) in my houseLOL...And That's India ForumsSmile. So, lets be home this season (Christmas and New year) And celebrate together at our Virtual home, India-Forums.Hug

Scroll Down For more...Embarrassed

Edited by *Harika* - 27 December 2011 at 4:23am

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

husnia_4uIdealisticanya.ss.sfSmartyY..gracie..BinuShobasana1sanakupkakesunknown2341Hi_FriendsKayal_SHAMYAf.s.mAbommi.Juhi.soniaduttatv_princess

SomerholicGirl
SomerholicGirl

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 11:13am | IP Logged
::Christmas::

Far away in Bethlehem, a Baby Boy was born; 
Born with neither riches nor with fame,
Yet Wise Men came from all around to bring to Him their gifts,
And peace was felt by all who heard His name.

Angels watched Him as He slept, and gently rocked His bed;
Their voices singing softly in His ear;
His Mother and His Father both gave thanks to God above
For the greatest gift of all, their Son, so dear

They knew His life upon this earth would not be filled with wealth,
They also knew He would encounter strife;
But most of all, they knew that He would be a loving Child,
And teach the love of God throughout His life.

At Christmas, as we celebrate this Birth of Jesus Christ,
Let's keep in mind the truth of Christmas Day;
For it's not the Christmas wrappings, nor the gifts that lie within,
But our gift of love to others in every way...

Christmas

Well, many of  us know that Christmas is celebrated every year on December 25th as the commemoration day of the birth of Jesus Christ. It is the major festival and is celebrated all over the world. The birth of Jesus was marked as a fulfillment of messianic prophecy. He was born in a stable to the Virgin Mary, surrounded by animals. The sheperds of surrounding farms, who were informed of the birth by an angel,were the first to see the infant Jesus. The tradition also says that Three wise men,named Melchior, Caspar, and Balthazar, followed a mysterious star, known as the star of Bethlehem and visited the Baby Jesus and offered gifts.The commemoration of this visit, celebrated on January 6th is marked as the formal end of christmas celebrations. Christians celebrate Christmas in several ways. But the most important of all is to attend the church services and following few other traditions.

Christmas is also a festival of Joy and happiness. Apart from praying, It involves decorations of houses, Christmas trees and then there are family get-togethers, music and carols, lots of delicacies, and not to forget the gifts of legendary Santa Claus a.k.a Father Christmas and St.Nicholas who comes with his sleigh of reindeers...

::New Year::

Looking back on the months gone by,
As a new year starts and an old one ends,
We contemplate what brought us joy,
And we think of our loved ones and our friends.

Recalling all the happy times,
Remembering how they enriched our lives,
We reflect upon who really counts,
As the fresh and bright new year arrives.

And when I/we ponder those who do,
I/we immediately think of you.

Its a familiar fact that new year  is the first day of the new calendar year and is the day on which the year count  gets increased by 1. It is celebrated in different manners around different corners of the world.

According to Gregorian calender (which is considered the official one in many parts of the world),the new year falls on January 1. It is still a practice of the ancient Roman calendar.

The Roman calender year was in the order of January-December  since 700BC according to Plutarch and Marcobius. According to Christian Tradition, 1st Jan was the day of circumcision of Christ and that's when he was named as Jesus. 

Today, The  New year is defined as an event of  high spirit, is celebrated lavishly in many parts of the world where people party hard and welcome the new year with utmost joy.The New Year's ever is celebrated on December 31st night where the people bid farewell to the old year and warmly welcome the new year. There will a large firework display at12.00 AM in all the important places of the world.

Edited by *Harika* - 21 December 2011 at 11:39am

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

husnia_4uIdealisticanya.ss.sfunknown2341Kayal_SHAMYABinuShobakupkakestv_princessf.s.mAbommi.Juhi.soniadutta

SomerholicGirl
SomerholicGirl

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 11:15am | IP Logged

Here comes something different...
All of us know Why the christmas  is celebrated and what a New Year is..
And we also celebrate it wit a lot of interest and enthusiasm..

But what many of us dunno is ther ARE some weird Traditions which people follow during this Festival season.. Some are really crazy, some are Funny...

And We, here on I-F bring you some such stories about Christmas and newyear..

STRANGE CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS

Czech Republic 
Shoe Tossing

Shoe_tossing

On Christmas eve, unmarried women here follow an unusual tradition. They throw a  shoe over their shoulder and if the toe faces the door, That means they're gonna get married the next year.. If it doesn't, then they have to live with unmarried status for another year.

Norway 
Broom Hiding

Norway Christmas Broom

The people of Norway have a tradition of hiding their brooms because a norwegian  legend states that  witches and spirits come out to find a broom to ride on.

Japan
Kentucky Fried Chicken 

440japanKFC.jpg

Asians generally follow the footsteps of Westerners while celebrating Christmas. But the Japanese added a pinch of commercial interests in it.  One might really have to make reservations to get a table at KFC. Because, Having Fried chicken for the feast has been marked as an important Tradition in Japan.

Great Britain
Stirring the Pudding

In Great Britain, if you make a wish while mixing the ingredients of your Christmas pudding in a clockwise direction, the wish will come true. Also,every member of the family should take a turn stirring and wish-making. 

Italy
Kind old witch

Italians outlawed the practice of telling their kids that Santa delivers them the Christmas presents. Instead, they tell them that a kind old witch, Le Bafana delivers them.

Slovakia and Ukraine
Food Tossing

Slovakian Food

At the beginning of Christmas Eve dinner, the head of the family takes a spoon of Loksa (a traditional Christmas dish made out of bread, poppy seed filling and water) and throws it up at the ceiling. The more mixture that remains glued on the ceiling the richer his crops will be the following year. It's a fun custom popular in many areas of Slovakia and the Ukraine.

Venezuela
Skating to the mass

Roller-skating

On Christmas Eve morning the roads of the city are closed to cars, so people can roller skate to Mass. They don't have snow here so,this is a nice alternative to riding a sled to church

Instead of Christmas carols people just beat their drums at midnight shouting "Jesus is born!" and use firecrackers to light-up the sky.

BIZZARE NEW YEAR TRADITIONS

Europe
First Footing

In the olden days, europeans followed a tradition called First Footing.. As soon as the clock strikes 12 in the midnight, People used to wait behind the doors for a dark haired man with coal ,bread, money and greenery to enter the house. This was done for the good luck.

Spain
Grape-Eating

In spain, It's customary to eat grapes on new years eve. At midnight, Spaniards consume 12 grapes and try to consume all of them by the time the clock stops chiming.

Denmark
Leaping off chairs

Many Danish leap off chairs at midnight, hoping to ban all bad spirits in the new year. They also have a very loud and destructive way of celebrating the new year- they break dishes. People throw their old dishes on their friends' doors on New Years and the one with the most dishes outside their door, usually has the most friends.

Ireland
Mistletoe leaves

The single women of Ireland wait desperately for the New Year's night because it is the night that can bring them the love of their life. They place mistletoe leaves under their pillow hoping to catch their future husband.

Denmark
Breaking the Dishes on Neighbor's door.

strange and weird Danish New Year tradition is throwing breakable dishes at neighbor's door. Strangely this makes them happy instead of annoying them. The family with the most huge tower of broken plates, glasses, cups and other crockery is considered to be the most lucky one because it means that they have lots of loyal friends.

Mexico
Talking to spirits

Talking to spirits is a part of Mexican belief. Mexicans strongly believe that they can communicate with the souls of their dead loved ones. New Year eve is considered the best time to communicate with the dead spirits to convey a message or ask for guidance. And this is not done at home on individuals basis but is practiced legally.

Philippines
Wearing Polka Dots

In Philippines, one can see streets full of people wearing polka dots and dinning table full of round shaped food and fruits on the New years day every year.. Philippines believe that this will bring them prosperity by associating the round dots to coins and wealth.

Chile
New year at Cemetery

The people of Talca, a small town in Chile are celebrating the new year with their dead relatives for the past 15 years. The doors of the cemetery are opened for the local public by the Town's mayor at 11 pm sharp. People are welcomed in the cemetery with light classical music and dim blinking lights making the cemetery are perfect party place. 

Crazy! Aren't they?
So, these are a few weird practices followed on new years eve and christmas around the world..

Wanna try some this season????

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

husnia_4uIdealisticanya.ss.sfunknown2341BinuShobakupkakestv_princessAbommif.s.m.Juhi.soniadutta

SomerholicGirl
SomerholicGirl

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 11:16am | IP Logged

And Now, Its Time for Fun!!!

Games, Games, Games and Lot more...LOL

Dun worry...There aren't many But enough to keep you busy all along!

And...
The first activity...
umm...Game..
okay, what ever is...

Ooohhh... ho..ho..ho..LOL
wait.. It's not the common theme, where you will send us the letters asking questions or asking for stuff and we will give you  those...Wink... We can't even give you those... Think logically... We can send u the pics of those stuff instead..But, I know,what we get in turnLOL... So, here we present...Letters to Santa... With a twist..

All you have to do is, Send us  a letter which consists of greetings, wishes, gifts.. what ever... WITHOUT your name on itWink...And in the PM, along with your message, you are going to tell, which friend of yours on I-F should receive that message (sorry..The network is only on I-F..we cant go any further to deliver your messagesROFLROFL)... And, we will send the messages to that particular friend of yours(again, reminding..Only on I-FApprove).
All he/she have to do is guess who sent that message to him or her..

So, beware, don't give any  information of your name or nickname in the message.. But dont be very harsh on your poor little friends.. Let them get the tiniest clue.. Thats upto you...

And then, The names of the members who guesses the right name ( within 2 chances) will be announced as winners.

Example :  A sends the Letter to Santa asking it to deliver it to B... B should guess A within 2 chances and if he does it, he is the winner...and also knows well about his friend..Embarrassed 

So, I'll be acting as the santa..You can send in your letters through PMs...
All you have to do is PM me *Harika* ) your letters
with the title :  Letter To Santa
and we'll finish the rest of the process.

And if anyone want to send letters to me...
Nah..not as sending 'em to santa.. Sending to Real me...!
U are always welcomed..
I prefer gifts to wishes...ROFLROFLROFL

hmphStern Smile... The first game is over...Now the next one...
CuriousGeekSmile??? Well Its called...

Aha... Dont worry.. This is no-way related to halloween and isn't out of the season..LOL

As, told in the previous post...
It is a tradition in Norway to Hide the brooms away...

And you guys are going to do more or less the same..

Lets keep it simple...Big smile

Two members are pitted against each other..Evil Smile
Two guys can voluntarily sign up as person against each other...(it can be you and your friend)

Then one person will act as one who hides the broom and  the other is the broom finder..

The person who hides the broom is the House holder
and finder is the Witch.Wink

we will allow maximum 7 pairs...  that means max 7 householders and witchesBig smile

The house holder hides the broom at  10 different places, you can hide them in 10different places. and the witches have to find them...

Note: House holders have to PM me the links where the hid all the 10 brooms..Smile When all the house holders are done with their work..We'll start the game and let all the witches know..
Once the witch finds all the brooms...She have to PM me the links..

The witch HAVE TO find the brooms posted by the RESPECTIVE house holder ONLY.Approve

The game lasts for 1 day..After that, A shot gun is fired.It indicates the end of the game... So, If the witch manages to find all the brooms before that, then she is the winner and if she cant, then the house holder is the winner...

This is the broom you have to hide/find

Hope you'll have fun playing these games...

More to come..

P.S: The sign up process will be allowed here once the post is up!

Edited by *Harika* - 21 December 2011 at 11:47am

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

husnia_4uIdealistic-Reshmi-anya.ss.sfunknown2341BinuShobakupkakestv_princessAbommif.s.m.Juhi.soniadutta

SomerholicGirl
SomerholicGirl

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 11:17am | IP Logged

After games and activities involving sign-up process and two people games...
Lets move on to the Individual fun!

Quoting the lines from the previous post,
I again tell you guys...
Let this be a season of sharing and Caring...

And We do care for each other...A lot

This time, Lets...

But what??

Puris? Chapatis, Pizzas or Cakes ??ConfusedROFLROFL

Nah! Not any of them..LOL

Lets share our silliest and tiniest things which play a vital role in our life...Embarrassed
Or..Lets share the stupidest things we did...Embarrassed

Got a secret
Can you keep it?
Swear this one you'll save
Better lock it, in your pocket
Taking this one to the grave
If I show you then I know you
Won't tell what I said
Cause two can keep a secret
If one of them is dead

Never mind the lyrics, 
But I suppose few of you already understood that the above lyrics have something in connection with the next thing..

You guys are absolutely right... U are Geniuses Embarrassed

Alright,The Next activity...Is

Yes..You saw it right! and the title itself explains everything... You guys can tell us about your most silly/weird secret and get rid of it..LOL It may be a secret n I-F or in the real life...
Anything goes...

Lets start with mine...
Once upon a time, I mixed all soft drinks Fanta-Coke-Sprite to know how it tastesROFLROFLROFL
Not to forget the Soda water...ROFLROFL
And Mind you guys... Never ever try itROFL

And yeah..This is not compulsion..You guys can post your secrets, only if you wish to... No one forces you...

The Person whose secret get most Likes will get
"Silliest secret keeper" TitleROFL

And Last but not the least..
Every one have a dream..
Even a day dream... Dream about life, future, etc...

I bet many of us will even have a Dream new year/ Christmas...

So, all you have to do is share your dream Christmas/ New Year..

Here, we are giving you guys an opportunity to share your dream with us... You guys can tell us about your Dream Christmas/ New Year party... When, Where, With whom and how you wanted to celebrate it.Embarrassed. And why in that way??LOL

Once again, There is no compulsion in sharing these...

And, The person with most likes will get 

What??Shocked

NothingWink... everything wont have Prizes and Titles..ROFLROFL

It's Just For funBig smile

So guys, Thats it...
Have a Sharing and Caring Holiday season...
Have lots of fun..Be happy

And Celebrate..
with us at India-Forums...Embarrassed

We wish you a merry Christmas
And a happy New Year.
Glad tidings we bring
To you and your kin;
Glad tidings for Christmas
And a happy New Year!Embarrassed

Edited by *Harika* - 21 December 2011 at 11:48am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

husnia_4uIdealistic-Reshmi-anya.ss.sfunknown2341BinuShobakupkakesAbommif.s.m.Juhi.soniadutta

SomerholicGirl
SomerholicGirl

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 11:19am | IP Logged

Reaching out around the world
As it's that time of the year
I wish you all heart warming joy 
Happiness and good cheer

My Christmas greeting I convey
To each friend near and far
A thank you message I bestow
Upon a brightly shining star 

In sharing the gifts of friendship 
Although we are miles apart
Love I send on wings of a dove
In my special heart to heart

As you all mean so much to me
Blessings I count one by one 
Across the miles I reach to say
A Merry Christmas everyone

"What can be said in New Year rhymes,
That's not been said a thousand times?
The new years come, the old years go,
We know we dream, we dream we know.
We rise up laughing with the light,
We lie down weeping with the night.
We hug the world until it stings,
We curse it then and sigh for wings.
We live, we love, we woo, we wed,
We wreathe our prides, we sheet our dead.
We laugh, we weep, we hope, we fear,
And that's the burden of a year."

Once Again,

To One and All!

Edited by *Harika* - 21 December 2011 at 11:28am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

husnia_4uIdealistic-Reshmi-unknown2341BinuShobakupkakestv_princessAbommif.s.m.Juhi.

besharmbehnas IF-Rockerz

Posted: 24 December 2011 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
naveen_13 IF-Rockerz
naveen_13
naveen_13

Posted: 24 December 2011 at 1:07pm | IP Logged
omg nice post dear

Go to top