Users

Frequent Posters

incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: premparbat

HI Fari,

Meerabai is very angry today 😊 

What did Khushi do that she has not been doing the past 6 months ? Why angry ?

Well yes. I was angry before too. I just didn't make a post. 😳

We ALL agree that she need to grow up and she will. Wait & Watch.

Tell me you did not find the present she gave Arnav funny ?  There's got to be something you liked today.  NO ?  ok maybe tomorrow with Nand Kishore arrival will ask you the same question.

Yes that was really adorable and totally in tune with Khushi's character 

I think you have been more on the soap scene than me Fari and may have more tolerance and apprecaition than me. Personally though not overjoyed i am ok so far with the happenings.

Yes I have watched a couple of soaps and have an idea about the general concepts of soaps. I think IPK is one of the good ones and I love it...that's why I get finicky about it. 

You say redeem one or the other . i say both need to be redeemed.

both needs to be redeemed. 

Take care

thanks for the reply. 

incandescent thumbnail
Originally posted by: serialjunkie

Agree with many of your points

1. KKG has to stop being rude to ASR, unprovoked. Today, she was shown as extremely rude to ASR. He is a guest and a future relative, the least you can do is stop screaming at him, once you realize he was not trying to be indecent.

exactly !! 

2. Khushi is a do-gooder but she has ways to go when it comes to dealing with emotional depth. I think the CVs need to give her that strength. As you said Sanaya is a very talented actress and it would be a waste to not utilize that emoting skill. I dont mean to make a martyr out of her but when she shows flashes of strength (eg. her tenacity at her new job), she is brilliant.

👍🏼

3. What o What will prompt her to understand that ASR is flawed and really really really in need of her love? She is strong and emotionally stable. Its not a bad thing to lose oneself a bit to the love. How does she fail to see the times he genuinely tries to reachout. I know, he has done enough damage himself, shutting her out and humiliating her every chance he gets. So they are at a standstill right now

again I have to agree.

4. Hoping Nandkishore will stir the pot enough to get ASR to act and claim KKG. and please show kkg STAND UP to snake! She will really soar in my eyes.

I love KKG for her forthrightness, honesty and values, but there are more mature ways to express them. Keep her playful side for sure, its an endearing quality but balance it with her strength.

I think CVs are afraid to move the story forward full throttle because they think it will get over very soon. If there is nothing in the story to keep on air for more than a year, then so be it. Do a FANTASTIC story for 1 year and shut the productoin, why prolong it like other stupid serials that go on and on and on and no longer make sense (YRKKH anyone? once akshara got married, there was no moolah left in the story, it ended up daily show of munna khana kha munna so, munna this munna that)

mooh ki baat cheenli...i so agree with that . 

ClaraOswald thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
I do like the feisty,bubbly  Khushi ,the one who answers back to Arnav  but in today's episode the screaming and jumping .😵. I thought was OTT . I wish the cv's showed some consistency with the character .
incandescent thumbnail

Originally posted by: Krrish87_sweet

can't agree more with u! They need to improve on her character. Khushi is becoming annoying...and Loud!! it's hard to differentiate if she is sanaya or khushi onscreen... *no bashing on my statement plzz* on the other hand i am hating shyam's track totally!!! it's on my nerves...can't stand that guy anymore~

sorry but I don't agree with that bold part. 

SStephy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: incandescent

Shocked to hear this statement? Well don't be. There are so many things that are wrong with Khushi's character and as much as I love Khushi I simply cannot overlook.

Khushi is supposed to be young, and naive. She doesn't know the worldly ways but she has a good heart and she's clear in her beliefs and outlook. She is supposed to be bubbly and cheerful in nature but not loud and irritating. There is fine line between full of life and cute and being annoying and downright irritating. I totally agree...

I agree that being bubbly is a sign of her innocence but what is with the unnecessary screaming and shouting? Her character certainly needs to be toned down. 

Why did she scream and shout in today's epi? Because she was totally taken aback on seeing Arnav in her room..and that too in her washroom. She was probably embarassed for pulling him into the washroom and locking the door. She had no way of guessing ASR would come to their home or that it was him handing the towel instead of Payal. While I agree that her OTT way of screaming and jumping was not a very lady-like way of reacting and I do agree that is a flaw in her character...I do not totally blame her because that was her instant reaction to the embarassing situation.

I admire Khushi for her goodness, straightforwardness, honesty and hard working nature. I also enjoy her antics but not today.

It also looked like she doesn't have any manners and doesn't know how to behave with a guest. Just because she is more familiar with ASR now doesn't change the fact that he is still a guest.

Well, she wasn't expecting this guest...that too in her washroom 😉. Like I said, she lost her composure because of the washroom incident. And hence she started questioning him bit rudely about what is he doing in her room, etc. And later she starts fidgeting with the towel when she gets conscious about her reaction. But when Arnav says if your are done playing with the towel, shall we go...she gets a bit defensive and starts ranting about how he is the one who finds an excuse to take his anger on her, etc.

It has nothing to do with the fact that she doesn't belong to a rich family or the fact that she is young and naive. Payal isn't much older than her but she is always shown to have good manners. 

I am copy pasting some more point I wrote in my other post today. THis is not based on today's episode but my overall view on Khushi's characterization. 

Although I love KKG, I have to admit that her character has not grown much. Her heart is always at the right place but she has to give up her nosy attitude. She has to learn the concept of privacy

Yes, she interferes in the personal matters of people she cares about. And that includes Arnav. But I think thats because somewhere inside her she really cares about him and cannot keep out of his matters. Yes, that is irritating but it is because she can't ignore where Arnav is concerned.

and learn to say no and do things that pleases her or is right for her instead of making endless sacrifices for her family who gives two hoots for her feelings. She has a tendency to suppress her real emotions at times in order to make others happy. This will only cause her misery in the long run. Khushi is one of the strongest female leads I have seen in soaps and I disagree with all those who say she is not emotionally and financially independent. I hope from now onwards we get more glimpses of her inner feelings. I agree with these points...and yes, would be nice to see more of her inner thoughts.Lastly, all I want to say is...yes, Khushi's character requires some redemption. She also has her share of flaws like ASR and she is not all perfect. And I would like to see some gradually grow out of her flaws. 

Meerabai is very angry today 😊

Hope I haven't furthered your anger...Just wanted to share my thoughts...😊

incandescent thumbnail

thanks for your comments.

you did not anger me any further as my anger is always directed towards the cv's and not the forum members. 😳

incandescent thumbnail

Originally posted by: priya_luna

I do like the feisty,bubbly  Khushi ,the one who answers back to Arnav  but in today's episode the screaming and jumping .😵. I thought was OTT .I wish the cv's showed someconsistencywith the character .

OTT is the exact word. COmedy and fun-filled moments can be shown without making them OTT. 

Khushi can be shown as a bubbly, chirpy girl without making her OTT. 

sbk2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Fari,

I think we recoiled from the comedy today because it was only yesterday that there was so much seriousness going on...every character was sombre and restrained.

And then suddenly they showed the bathroom scene today.

I have no issues with comedy, its just the way it is done. The backdrop of the scene today had so much potential...it just fizzled away.

I love Khushi's character a lot, but sometimes her antics do irritate me.

I think the creatives are just adding a new comic angle to stretch the story more.

Its just the first day today...so let's be patient and watch.
I do hope they show Arhi indulging in good bonding moments.
LadyLaLa thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Sorry, I beg to differ . 😊

Khushi's character is such that drama becomes her persona   - she has been portrayed as loving, caring, innocent, fearless, impish and fun loving.. True to her character we get to see different characteristics in each  episode.. I understand your views are not based on today's episode but as far as I have seen, she has shown maturity where needed...  She thrives on drama e.g. the suicide scene and today the bathroom scene..

I don't consider her loud.. to me Maami is loud, the haughty LA came across as loud to me  and  Bua is loud...

Sure ASR has changed but it was his concious effort... it was his personal resolution to go easy on Khushi. He did not want to be the cause of Khushi's tears. so far he is trying to maintain the status quo..  khushi is aware she feels something for ASR but did not dare to question her feelings as she knew it was wrong to feel for a guy who is already betrothed ... she will change gradually when she understands her feelings for ASR ... 
Edited by LadyLaLa - 12 years ago
-Nithi- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Fari, a very good post as usual !

All I wanted to say is please Kushi don't behave like a play school kid. There is a thin line between silliness and being playful ! Unfortunately CVs are messing that up big time !