India-Forums

Diya Aur Baati Hum
Diya Aur Baati Hum

Was Bhaboo Wrong (Page 2)

Mahabhootni Senior Member
Mahabhootni
Mahabhootni

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 10:54am | IP Logged
My idea of tea is to put the water in the tea kettle, plug it on and then put the boiling water with the tea bag in the cup. LOL So, I'm definitely sympathizing with Sandhya having to do it old school and for multiple people. I only drink tea when I'm really desperate to stay awake and coffee isn't available so I'm not even sure how it should taste. Bhaboo would totally slaughter my chai.  And all the other cooking stuff is also so scary. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

hamzanuhaarshi_karishb2011LimitLessFan

b2011 IF-Sizzlerz
b2011
b2011

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 10:55am | IP Logged
When her education truth is out and Suraj is going to support her for continuing her studies...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

hamzanuhaarshi_karishLimitLessFan

LimitLessFan IF-Stunnerz
LimitLessFan
LimitLessFan

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 11:00am | IP Logged
Suraj is there to support her bharti , thats for sure , but lets see how this goes on , 

hamzanuhaarshi_karishb2011

sooraj_sandhya Groupbie
sooraj_sandhya
sooraj_sandhya

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 11:18am | IP Logged
I agree to the point when a person is suggesting...

But Bhabho was very loud and kind of forcing her decisions on chavi...I respect her openion and may be there is some value in it. I also beilive that everybody (boys or gals) should know basics of cooking

But, I dont like when some1 is so loud /force ful and strict in the teachings...

I guess Sandhyaji got 1 step back looking at this...

Anyways I personally think waht really matters here is How Sooraj supports her in achieving her dreams.
Sooraj is soft and well balanced and will override all his mother's harsh words.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

monika_2691hamzanuhaarshi_karishb2011Fatima_QLimitLessFan

hamzanuha IF-Dazzler
hamzanuha
hamzanuha

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 1:30pm | IP Logged

What do you expect from a woman who's studied only till 3rd or 5th grade? Not only that, Bhabo is a person who's totally immersed in the old school way of thinking, of girls staying home & taking care of the family, speaking politely with hubby, etc. etc. Basically subservience! 

Chavvi was correct in thinking if Bhabo came to know about her failure, then she would've said enough of studies, now's the time to get you married off. I'm surprised she even let Chavvi study so much, let alone join college.

Bhabo's issue with Sandy, on discovery of her education, will not be the education itself rather the deception & later the suppression of truth by all parties concerned, especially Sandhya. Next major issue will be the chosen profession. To people like Bhabo, police work is manly work besides being dangerous. To her way of thinking, after marriage the girl's responsibility should be to the hubby, in-laws, sasural, kids!

Sorry, my post got rather long Embarrassed

monika_2691arshi_karishb2011

monika_2691 Goldie
monika_2691
monika_2691

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 1:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hamzanuha

<font size="3" face="Georgia">What do you expect from a woman who's studied only till 3rd or 5th grade? Not only that, Bhabo is a person who's totally immersed in the old school way of thinking, of girls staying home & taking care of the family, speaking politely with hubby, etc. etc. Basically subservience!

Chavvi was correct in thinking if Bhabo came to know about her failure, then she would've said enough of studies, now's the time to get you married off. I'm surprised she even let Chavvi study so much, let alone join college.

Bhabo's issue with Sandy, on discovery of her education, will not be the education itself rather the deception & later the suppression of truth by all parties concerned, especially Sandhya. Next major issue will be the chosen profession. To people like Bhabo, police work is manly work besides being dangerous. To her way of thinking, after marriage the girl's responsibility should be to the hubby, in-laws, sasural, kids!

Sorry, my post got rather long Embarrassed</font>

Bhabo's issue with Sandy, on discovery of her education, will not be the education itself rather the deception & later the suppression of truth by all parties concerned, especially SandhyaGood one Smile

hamzanuhaarshi_karishb2011

Tacker_Holic IF-Rockerz
Tacker_Holic
Tacker_Holic

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 2:44pm | IP Logged
I dont think bhabo was completly wrong as she has learnt to live this way! Smile So it is not exactly her fault. SmileNow guys this is where the nayi soch will come into the equation when Bhabo will ask her if she will be able to manage both she will say yes Big smileit may be hard at first she may not do it perfectly and when Sandhya is succesful she will be portrying a modern day girl achieving her personal dreams but not forgeting her duties after marriage!! Big smile This will make her the perfect bahu as well!! Big smile I think that Bhabo will be angry at first with Sandhya's education Angry as it will be a complete shock Shockedbut with Sooraj by Sandhya and her confidence this will be outcome of the story eventually. Big smileEmbarrassedThis is my thoughts guys correct me if im wrong!! Tongue

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

arshi_karishb2011

Fatima_Q IF-Sizzlerz
Fatima_Q
Fatima_Q

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 3:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hamzanuha

What do you expect from a woman who's studied only till 3rd or 5th grade? Not only that, Bhabo is a person who's totally immersed in the old school way of thinking, of girls staying home & taking care of the family, speaking politely with hubby, etc. etc. Basically subservience! 

Sorry, my post got rather long Embarrassed
I usually like to read posts silently, but whenever someone puts Bhabo down in the slightest fashion, my fingers seem to find their way to the keyboard LOL.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion and mine is that I love Bhabo.

She may be uneducated, but she's a very good judge of character and has a very practical way of thinking. 

You may call her thinking old world, but in the real world, only women who are able to balance both worlds are able to survive.  I hate to be hard on anyone of the fairer sex , but that's the truth of it. 

Majority of the women in this world no matter how educated, career oriented, or "modern" they are, eventually grow tired of one night stands or coming home to nothing but the cat.  They do want to settle down with someone, and eventually feel their biological clocks ticking and do want to have a family. 

And unless you're rich enough to eat out every night or afford servants, you will have to learn to cook and clean.  This is not rocket science it's common sense, and almost as basic a necessity as the cell phone or internet is now a days.

A degree will help put food on the table, but it will be raw. LOL

I have a BBA & an MS, manage my husbands medical practice, homeschool my son, juggle numerous activities which require driving all over Chicago, conduct a sewing workshop for girls 10 - 15 years of age on the weekends, manage our finances, do our taxes, write a FF, and still make time to make sure my family gets 3 hot meals everyday.  I'm not as great a cook as my mom, but I've had more than one party guest say I could write a book.

It's not just me... my mom, sister, aunts, grandmoms are all like that.  We all received training from our mothers like that before we got married.  They are all educated (MBAs, MDs, PHDs), but had the same opinion, you have to know how to manage your house before you manage your career, because no one will give you a break in that department, especially not your Saas.

By the way, last time I checked, staying at home, taking care of family, being polite to husband was called creating a happy home life not servitude. Confused

Don't even get me started on Chavi...the way she's been portrayed so far...she is such a waste of oxygen.  She's dumb, lazy, and mean to Sandhya for no reason.  Let's not forget that she ditches classes to see movies and lies about going to the library to study so she can hang out with her friends.  So of course she was bound to fail...what would you do with an umambitious daughter who does that?  Continue to waste money on her education? 

Her mother is not marrying her off...she's only trying to teach her skills that she will need one day, else she'll be stressed like Sandhya is nowadays.  She doesn't want her daughter to have problems in her Sasural.  Does that make Bhabo evil?  I don't think so. 

Sandhya's made it so far because she's got a supportive person like Suraj and believe it or not even Bhabo behind her (Remember how Bhabo took care of Dhai Sa and her "needs more salt" issue LOL).  Having said that...in the real world not everyone's husband is a Suraj.  

Yes, Bhabo has a severe tongue, but like I've said before, considering what she has to put up with in the form of family members...I don't blame her.

The fact that Bhabo let Chavi study I believe is proof that Bhabo is not against education.  I too think when Sandhya's education will be revealed the problem will not be the education, but rather the fact that it was concealed by her and her family.

I think this is when Sandhya's honesty and the good will she has built up with Bhabo will prove to be her saving grace.  Bhabo will get over it...be it eventually (I mean every Saas is entitled to a little drama...especially a TV Saas LOL).  And as Sandhya polishes her home economics skills, and along with Suraj's support, she'll win over Bhabo and whatever reservations she may have in Sandhya becoming an IPS officer. 

Suraj and Sandhya's marriage is like all marriages in a way a compromise.  Both will learn to give a little and change a little and learn from each other to complement each other...Phir hi to bane gain. ... Diay aur Baati Hum.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

hamzanuhaarshi_karishTacker_Holicb2011

Go to top