Diya Aur Baati Hum

Was Bhaboo Wrong - Page 2

TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Suraj is there to support her bharti , thats for sure , but lets see how this goes on , 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sooraj_sandhya thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I agree to the point when a person is suggesting...

But Bhabho was very loud and kind of forcing her decisions on chavi...I respect her openion and may be there is some value in it. I also beilive that everybody (boys or gals) should know basics of cooking

But, I dont like when some1 is so loud /force ful and strict in the teachings...

I guess Sandhyaji got 1 step back looking at this...

Anyways I personally think waht really matters here is How Sooraj supports her in achieving her dreams.
Sooraj is soft and well balanced and will override all his mother's harsh words.

hamzanuha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

What do you expect from a woman who's studied only till 3rd or 5th grade? Not only that, Bhabo is a person who's totally immersed in the old school way of thinking, of girls staying home & taking care of the family, speaking politely with hubby, etc. etc. Basically subservience! 

Chavvi was correct in thinking if Bhabo came to know about her failure, then she would've said enough of studies, now's the time to get you married off. I'm surprised she even let Chavvi study so much, let alone join college.

Bhabo's issue with Sandy, on discovery of her education, will not be the education itself rather the deception & later the suppression of truth by all parties concerned, especially Sandhya. Next major issue will be the chosen profession. To people like Bhabo, police work is manly work besides being dangerous. To her way of thinking, after marriage the girl's responsibility should be to the hubby, in-laws, sasural, kids!

Sorry, my post got rather long 😳
monika_2691 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: hamzanuha

<font size="3" face="Georgia">What do you expect from a woman who's studied only till 3rd or 5th grade? Not only that, Bhabo is a person who's totally immersed in the old school way of thinking, of girls staying home & taking care of the family, speaking politely with hubby, etc. etc. Basically subservience!

Chavvi was correct in thinking if Bhabo came to know about her failure, then she would've said enough of studies, now's the time to get you married off. I'm surprised she even let Chavvi study so much, let alone join college.

Bhabo's issue with Sandy, on discovery of her education, will not be the education itself rather the deception & later the suppression of truth by all parties concerned, especially Sandhya. Next major issue will be the chosen profession. To people like Bhabo, police work is manly work besides being dangerous. To her way of thinking, after marriage the girl's responsibility should be to the hubby, in-laws, sasural, kids!

Sorry, my post got rather long 😳</font>

Bhabo's issue with Sandy, on discovery of her education, will not be the education itself rather the deception & later the suppression of truth by all parties concerned, especially SandhyaGood one 😊
Tacker_Holic thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I dont think bhabo was completly wrong as she has learnt to live this way! 😊 So it is not exactly her fault. 😊Now guys this is where the nayi soch will come into the equation when Bhabo will ask her if she will be able to manage both she will say yes πŸ˜ƒit may be hard at first she may not do it perfectly and when Sandhya is succesful she will be portrying a modern day girl achieving her personal dreams but not forgeting her duties after marriage!! πŸ˜ƒ This will make her the perfect bahu as well!! πŸ˜ƒ I think that Bhabo will be angry at first with Sandhya's education 😑 as it will be a complete shock 😲but with Sooraj by Sandhya and her confidence this will be outcome of the story eventually. πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜³This is my thoughts guys correct me if im wrong!! πŸ˜›
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: hamzanuha

What do you expect from a woman who's studied only till 3rd or 5th grade? Not only that, Bhabo is a person who's totally immersed in the old school way of thinking, of girls staying home & taking care of the family, speaking politely with hubby, etc. etc. Basically subservience! 

Sorry, my post got rather long 😳

I usually like to read posts silently, but whenever someone puts Bhabo down in the slightest fashion, my fingers seem to find their way to the keyboard πŸ˜†.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion and mine is that I love Bhabo.

She may be uneducated, but she's a very good judge of character and has a very practical way of thinking. 

You may call her thinking old world, but in the real world, only women who are able to balance both worlds are able to survive.  I hate to be hard on anyone of the fairer sex , but that's the truth of it. 

Majority of the women in this world no matter how educated, career oriented, or "modern" they are, eventually grow tired of one night stands or coming home to nothing but the cat.  They do want to settle down with someone, and eventually feel their biological clocks ticking and do want to have a family. 

And unless you're rich enough to eat out every night or afford servants, you will have to learn to cook and clean.  This is not rocket science it's common sense, and almost as basic a necessity as the cell phone or internet is now a days.

A degree will help put food on the table, but it will be raw. πŸ˜†

I have a BBA & an MS, manage my husbands medical practice, homeschool my son, juggle numerous activities which require driving all over Chicago, conduct a sewing workshop for girls 10 - 15 years of age on the weekends, manage our finances, do our taxes, write a FF, and still make time to make sure my family gets 3 hot meals everyday.  I'm not as great a cook as my mom, but I've had more than one party guest say I could write a book.

It's not just me... my mom, sister, aunts, grandmoms are all like that.  We all received training from our mothers like that before we got married.  They are all educated (MBAs, MDs, PHDs), but had the same opinion, you have to know how to manage your house before you manage your career, because no one will give you a break in that department, especially not your Saas.

By the way, last time I checked, staying at home, taking care of family, being polite to husband was called creating a happy home life not servitude. πŸ˜•

Don't even get me started on Chavi...the way she's been portrayed so far...she is such a waste of oxygen.  She's dumb, lazy, and mean to Sandhya for no reason.  Let's not forget that she ditches classes to see movies and lies about going to the library to study so she can hang out with her friends.  So of course she was bound to fail...what would you do with an umambitious daughter who does that?  Continue to waste money on her education? 

Her mother is not marrying her off...she's only trying to teach her skills that she will need one day, else she'll be stressed like Sandhya is nowadays.  She doesn't want her daughter to have problems in her Sasural.  Does that make Bhabo evil?  I don't think so. 

Sandhya's made it so far because she's got a supportive person like Suraj and believe it or not even Bhabo behind her (Remember how Bhabo took care of Dhai Sa and her "needs more salt" issue πŸ˜†).  Having said that...in the real world not everyone's husband is a Suraj.  

Yes, Bhabo has a severe tongue, but like I've said before, considering what she has to put up with in the form of family members...I don't blame her.

The fact that Bhabo let Chavi study I believe is proof that Bhabo is not against education.  I too think when Sandhya's education will be revealed the problem will not be the education, but rather the fact that it was concealed by her and her family.

I think this is when Sandhya's honesty and the good will she has built up with Bhabo will prove to be her saving grace.  Bhabo will get over it...be it eventually (I mean every Saas is entitled to a little drama...especially a TV Saas πŸ˜†).  And as Sandhya polishes her home economics skills, and along with Suraj's support, she'll win over Bhabo and whatever reservations she may have in Sandhya becoming an IPS officer. 

Suraj and Sandhya's marriage is like all marriages in a way a compromise.  Both will learn to give a little and change a little and learn from each other to complement each other...Phir hi to bane gain. ... Diay aur Baati Hum.

urcrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Girls and boys both need to know how to cook...

I didn't like Bhabo today when she said that toChavi ...Would she say that to Mohit??? Definitely not!!

I can't stand gender oppression!!! SIGH!!!

hamzanuha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ummesulaiman

I usually like to read posts silently, but whenever someone puts Bhabo down in the slightest fashion, my fingers seem to find their way to the keyboard πŸ˜†.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion and mine is that I love Bhabo. If you'll read my post again, you'll notice that in no way am I putting Bhabo down. If it came across like that, then I'm sorry.

She may be uneducated, but she's a very good judge of character and has a very practical way of thinking.  Agreed

You may call her thinking old world, but in the real world, only women who are able to balance both worlds are able to survive.  I hate to be hard on anyone of the fairer sex , but that's the truth of it.  Old world doesn't necessarily mean antiquated. Both my grandmothers were old world, but that didn't mean they were out of touch, merely that they had a more conservative way of thinking. Bhabo is just like that, nothing wrong in that.

Majority of the women in this world no matter how educated, career oriented, or "modern" they are, eventually grow tired of one night stands or coming home to nothing but the cat.  They do want to settle down with someone, and eventually feel their biological clocks ticking and do want to have a family. 

And unless you're rich enough to eat out every night or afford servants, you will have to learn to cook and clean.  This is not rocket science it's common sense, and almost as basic a necessity as the cell phone or internet is now a days. This is what surprises me about Sandhya's upbringing. Agreed her parents wanted her to become a police officer, but that didn't mean Sandhya shouldn't learn cooking. Her mother was anxious to marry her off asap, but she never bothered to give her lessons in cooking. Totally unbelievable! Especially in an Indian family.

A degree will help put food on the table, but it will be raw. πŸ˜†

I have a BBA & an MS, manage my husbands medical practice, homeschool my son, juggle numerous activities which require driving all over Chicago, conduct a sewing workshop for girls 10 - 15 years of age on the weekends, manage our finances, do our taxes, write a FF, and still make time to make sure my family gets 3 hot meals everyday.  I'm not as great a cook as my mom, but I've had more than one party guest say I could write a book. Wow! A superwoman just like my mother 😊

It's not just me... my mom, sister, aunts, grandmoms are all like that.  We all received training from our mothers like that before we got married.  They are all educated (MBAs, MDs, PHDs), but had the same opinion, you have to know how to manage your house before you manage your career, because no one will give you a break in that department, especially not your Saas. Both my grandmothers were from an era where girls were not educated, but their POV was the same like you've stated so no issues there.

By the way, last time I checked, staying at home, taking care of family, being polite to husband was called creating a happy home life not servitude. πŸ˜• I was merely stating how Bhabo had put it across to Sandhya (the impression created on the viewer) & next by Chavvi when talking about the result of failing.

Don't even get me started on Chavi...the way she's been portrayed so far...she is such a waste of oxygen.  She's dumb, lazy, and mean to Sandhya for no reason.  Let's not forget that she ditches classes to see movies and lies about going to the library to study so she can hang out with her friends.  So of course she was bound to fail...what would you do with an umambitious daughter who does that?  Continue to waste money on her education?  Chavvi is just another Vikram in different circumstances 😑 For her studies are not for becoming a better person or for a better future, rather they're for escaping home & responsibilities.

Her mother is not marrying her off...she's only trying to teach her skills that she will need one day, else she'll be stressed like Sandhya is nowadays.  She doesn't want her daughter to have problems in her Sasural.  Does that make Bhabo evil?  I don't think so.  The marrying off idea was Chavvi's. But in real life, I've seen families where the daughter has been married off rather than educated (but not ignorant in cooking), due to various reasons. I don't think Bhabo is evil at all, strict yes, but not evil. She's like a coconut, hard on the outside but soft on the inside.

Sandhya's made it so far because she's got a supportive person like Suraj and believe it or not even Bhabo behind her (Remember how Bhabo took care of Dhai Sa and her "needs more salt" issue πŸ˜†).  Having said that...in the real world not everyone's husband is a Suraj.  Agreed

Yes, Bhabo has a severe tongue, but like I've said before, considering what she has to put up with in the form of family members...I don't blame her.

The fact that Bhabo let Chavi study I believe is proof that Bhabo is not against education.  I too think when Sandhya's education will be revealed the problem will not be the education, but rather the fact that it was concealed by her and her family.

I think this is when Sandhya's honesty and the good will she has built up with Bhabo will prove to be her saving grace.  Bhabo will get over it...be it eventually (I mean every Saas is entitled to a little drama...especially a TV Saas πŸ˜†).  And as Sandhya polishes her home economics skills, and along with Suraj's support, she'll win over Bhabo and whatever reservations she may have in Sandhya becoming an IPS officer. 

Suraj and Sandhya's marriage is like all marriages in a way a compromise.  Both will learn to give a little and change a little and learn from each other to complement each other...Phir hi to bane gain. ... Diay aur Baati Hum.

deejagi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: sita11

ok ..i am not gonna laugh
here sandhya was not even knowing how to make the tea( i mean she was having no idea abt the ingredients )  ...it was suraj who taught her how to make it ...

I don't find it surprising as her parents life time wish was to make her a IPS officer, all chances are there that she would not have been gone inside the kitchen. i have seen parents hand feed there kids even when they are degree colleges so that they can fully utilize their time to study. to be frank with you, I had not even tried to set the cooker till I got married. When I got engaged my younger sister came to me and asked whether I know how to light the gas stove. Offcourse my FIL had aske dme whether I can manage home na dwork for which i had said I will manage both but also told him so far I have not tried the cooking part. Stiil they were very cooperative when I first cooked there. Every one ate without any comment. later when I was about to serve my plate FIL came to me and advised me not to use the sambar as it was over cooked (burnt is the correct word he should have used) and i will not be able to eat it. I felt really ashamed and felt sad that they had to eat the burnt food. One more time I had cooked theladies finger in pressure cooker. after that i have stopped eating ladies finger (it was so pathetic) but still no one said anything and even consoled me that what ever I tried is too much for them and I should not feel bad for that.

Jaya