Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

brinda_ght thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

Actor Gauri and Hiten Tejwani€™s Versova residence reflects the chic and classic tastes of the couple.

Gauri Pradhan and Hiten Tejwani of Kutumb and Nach Baliye fame are known as one of the loveliest and truly-in-love couples of Indian television. And just like this on-screen image, off-screen too the couple€™s home at Versova in Mumbai reflects a loving ambience €" classical European Victorian style of design combined with modern day decor. Indeed, the 1,550 sq. ft. fourth floor home has an interesting ensemble of interior settings that replicates the couple€™s chic and classic tastes in making their home stand out as an abode of love, care, warmth and comforts.

The difference is evident from the word go €" the main door opens into the beautiful drawing-cum-dining area with an offshoot, a lotus metal screen that provides privacy. With lovely wooden floor dominating the setting of the interiors, one is taken to the Victorian era with louvres being used in windows, wardrobes doors and classic ensemble of wooden furniture to create various interesting settings. An old-styled high-raised wooden side table placed at the entrance complements the huge mirror. A lamp fixed on the right wall by the side of the door gels well with the rest of the decor. The sprawling drawing cum dining area looks grand because of the wooden flooring, which adds depth and provides warmth to the whole ambience. 

While the dining area has been kept to the minimum with required seating of four, the space looks chic and artistic. An ancient-looking wooden wall cabinet holds various porcelain dishes and knick-knacks required during dining. A lovely candle stand hangs from the roof right at the centre of the dining table to create a romantic dining experience as and when the couple desires. Gauri explains, €œI love fuss-free arrangements and was very particular while designing the house.€ The well-equipped modern kitchen is close to the dining area and ensures perfect serving.

The aesthetically designed drawing area designed all aesthetic has a huge wooden sofa with colourful cushions. The highlight of this area is the lovely wood and glass windows with louvres that remind one of the era gone by. These open to the greenery of the balcony. A huge hanging lamp creates a dramatic effect in the evening! Lovely silky curtains draped around the window are well-matched to create an indelible effect. The sitting arrangements are cosy and comfortable around the low-height centre table made of glass placed on four well-crafted sculpted wooden pillars. A huge Buddha painting on the wall makes a serene statement to the formal setting. A lovely antique table lamp stands tall behind the wooden sofa. A lovely Buddha bust placed on the wooden wall unit below the huge plasma TV completes the picture of the drawing area.

From the dining area, a passage leads to the magnificent bar, the den-cum-guest bedroom and children and master bedrooms. The bar area spellbinds one with its rustic countryside look. Here there are two high-raised wooden bar stools and the high bar counter designed to look as if it has been made of pieces of wood stacked one above the other. The top of the counter has a beautiful sculpted painting of Santorini €" the volcanic island of Greece. To complement the scenic landscape of Santorini island, a white wall unit with a beautiful arch holding an array of books and novels is placed. It reflects the couple€™s love for reading. By the side of the wall unit, two lovely masks make a statement of their own while raising the appeal of the cute lamp at the foot. A sliding door in rich natural wood with louvres at the bottom portion and glass provide privacy to the lounge den-cum-guest bedroom.

The rich decor in golden hues and wood lending warmth and depth appears to be very cosy overall. The fine finish of one of the side walls has a theme of flower in golden, while the other wall has been designed in rustic raw bricks in white for creating the added effect of Santorini landscape. The huge and cosy diwan is meant for lovely leisure lounging sessions. To add drama to the ambience, a splash of colours is provided with lovely cushions in red, maroon and Buddha motif. The interiors are accentuated by the church look that has been designed to provide a frame to the mirror. In the right places, family pictures have been placed on the walls and side table unit.

The cute twins€™ (a boy and a girl) room has been designed in lovely pink and off-white to appeal to the toddlers. The huge wooden children€™s bed is splashed with soft colourful pillows and soft toys. Sparkling stars on walls complete the picture of the simple children€™s area. The master bedroom by the side of the children€™s room has a lovely walk-in wardrobe area and sophisticated bathroom fitted with all modern fittings, spic and span! The huge poster bed for the couple looks grand and full of comfort. The master bedroom has been kept very simple and functional. There is a wall unit by the side of the bed which holds books and picture frames and other essentials and an arresting painting on the raw white brick wall on the other side adds a dramatic element to the whole interiors. One thing noteworthy in the star couple€™s home is the lighting. Gauri discloses, €œI love the yellow lighting and hence we have provided both (white) to suit the needs and occasion. Everything that has been designed is what I had envisioned when we shifted to this place. I love things which are classic and chic.€ Of course, the lovely lady of the house is happy and so is the loving husband with the adorable couple€™s beautiful abode, built with love and care!

Text: Johnny D; Photographs: Akshay Kulkarni

FIZK6 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: brindamarfatia

Karan Nandini VM on Teri Meri Prem Kahani

Our love remains, though we're apart,
Unsullied as a distant star,
While I must walk within my heart,
Unquiet as the spirits are.

Hello friends so finally the VM is ready.I have worked very very very hard for this VM with the effects,the scenes ,matching the scenes bit wise I mean everything.I think this is one of my best creation till date.I hope you all like it.The song is perfect for KN.Agar abhi tak Kyunki chal raha hota to pakka yeh song aa gaya hota KN mein.This VM is about all the hardshipe that KN faced.First Nandini got married to someone else,then she got raped,then the unwanted child,then she went to coma and then KN were seperated for 18 years.I hope you all like it.Do comment if it touches you heart.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Hb0T3Q1IU[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks Brinda for another fantastic VM. I loved it and the song is one of my favourite too. It certainly suits KN. Ekta loves splitting her jodis 😡She can never give a straightforward story with a couple falling in love, get married then cross all hurdles together.

frenz4u thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
@ brinda :
Finally saw ur VM...
And OMG...kya hai yeh ??
Super awesome VM yaar...Hats Off !!! 😃
Beautiful VM...
the song suits KarNan to the core...
But the main part...
U blend the scenes, dialogue and song sooo beautifully !!!
Looking at ur VMs i feel like taking VM making lessons from u...seriously...😳
Great work !!!

And thanks for the lovely article too...
frenz4u thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Btw who is collecting birthday messages of Hiten for the birthday thread???...
i will send my bday message soon...
Vrindz thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: frenz4u

Btw who is collecting birthday messages of Hiten for the birthday thread???...

i will send my bday message soon...

PM it to Brinda
rhearoy thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: jyotika20

done bri😊...thnx a lot  for the link n the additional info on the banners containing GHT pics😳...yeah 12 is the best one😊

vote kar di maine...
rhearoy thumbnail

lolzzz yes meri taraf se to pakka ayegi..vri abhi soch mein hai...but i am dam sure we will have some best creations from vri's side😆

jitne bhi hiten k b'day videos hain (4m sbs,kutumb anywhere)...uske scenes dal k aur background mein koi achcha sa b'day song dal k ek pyaara sa VM bana sakte hain... in which u n vrindz r excellent at....😉😉😉😉
brinda_ght thumbnail
Originally posted by: rhearoy

vote kar di maine...

awww acha kiya
brinda_ght thumbnail
Originally posted by: rhearoy

jitne bhi hiten k b'day videos hain (4m sbs,kutumb anywhere)...uske scenes dal k aur background mein koi achcha sa b'day song dal k ek pyaara sa VM bana sakte hain... in which u n vrindz r excellent at....😉

vm already banani start kar di hai...bt vo HT pe hi hai
rhearoy thumbnail

vm already banani start kar di hai...bt vo HT pe hi hai

mujhe hiten k liye ek achchi si b'day wish bhejni hain...kaha pe bheju?????