Balika Vadhu

India-Forums

Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

Dont understand shivani's volte face (Page 2)

khusi_* IF-Stunnerz
khusi_*
khusi_*

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 7:50pm | IP Logged
i thought the same 1st when the promo said...shivani will see the real face of gauri!!

but now i think...
she is reacting like that coz  she understood what gauri said to her about A is the completely wrong one after meeting A.

what gauri said is black is actually white...so she just disgusts over it!!
btw i expected that shivani will calmly try to make gauri understand about her wrong impression on anandi...but it seems she wont do that!!!!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

veil_of_rosesmonamie111tiny15

tinoo IF-Rockerz
tinoo
tinoo

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 9:28pm | IP Logged
Forgive me, I must not have made myself clear.

The point I am trying to make is that shivani feels gauri is wrong only after having met anandi -- and seeing that anandi is a sarpanch and has khule vichaar etc.

Though she knew all the facts (including gauri's illegal status of wife) -- she considered it okay then because she assumed that anandi was indeed gawar and anpadh and that jagat had moved away from anandi because of his mindset not matching.  

Now she is impressed with anandi and as per the pre-cap says "anandi ne 16 years bittaye hain jagat ke saath -- in comparison to your five years".

My point is that she already knew enough to do the math (of a child bride having spent several years with Jagat before ditching her for gauri) -- so now what is her problem?
Shivani should have had an issue with it the first time gauri told her the whole story itself.  Instead, she encouraged gauri to continue this illegitimate pregnancy ...

My point is that her stand should have been issue focused and not personality focused.

How does it make a difference if anandi is a sarpanch, educated or khule vichaar waali?

Even if anandi was gawar, anpadh, had ordinary parents like phooli's maa baapu, or gauris maa baapu -- what jagat did was still wrong.   Would shivani continue being okay with gauri's illegitimacy if anandi was indeed gawar and anpadh?

And shivani is seeing anandi just now -- when all these changes have taken place recently.

What if she met anandi a year ago - when anandi did not have a sarpanch title, when anandi did not have a backbone or confident body language?,  when anandi did not have the support of dadisa for her adult education class or her other activities.

That would then have been a completely different anandi.

So, in shivani's mind, would jagat's leaving gauri have been justified then?

Atleast Kundatai is issue focused -- she has never met anandi, but she didnt care.
she took a stand based on the issue.

I once again re-iterate the case of phooli.

If I were friends with bharat -- and he told me this whole surrogacy thing -- I would have slapped him on the face without needing to meet phooli -- the whole scenario itself would have been completely revolting to me.

It is not that i would continue to be friends with bharat -- and only after meeting phooli and seeing what a sweet person she is would i take Bharat to task.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

veil_of_rosesMissesha

tinoo IF-Rockerz
tinoo
tinoo

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 9:34pm | IP Logged
personally, i dont think shivani was a mentor to gauri.

she was just looking for a sucker to offload her second-hand car on to.  she sweet-talked gauri into buying that car.  that was it.

a mentor would guide her from right and wrong. 

Also, if shivani wanted to her, she could have just gifted gauri the second hand car.
 why take it on a loan basis?

gauri did risk her medical license to save shivani's life.  would shivani be in a position to enjoy her new car if gauri had not done it?

Edited by tinoo - 21 December 2011 at 9:35pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

RashmiSandeepSimplySuperb

Panchi_Joon Groupbie
Panchi_Joon
Panchi_Joon

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 9:55pm | IP Logged

I think Shivaniji never thought the other part. G was speaking her heart out describing her feelings so maybe Shivaniji felt only for her, she thought from her perspective. But when shivaji met anandi then only she saw the other reality also which made her think or you can say analyse the situation from all sides . When she saw both the sides then only Shivaniji felt what is right and what is wrong. At that time she was thinking of g and j but now she is thinking of the whole situation not only A, G or J . She is thinking in broader aspects .

sri2012anjup83tiny15

tinoo IF-Rockerz
tinoo
tinoo

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 9:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Panchi_Joon

I think Shivaniji never thought the other part. G was speaking her heart out describing her feelings so maybe Shivaniji felt only for her, she thought from her perspective. But when shivaji met anandi then only she saw the other reality also which made her think or you can say analyse the situation from all sides . When she saw both the sides then only Shivaniji felt what is right and what is wrong. At that time she was thinking of g and j but now she is thinking of the whole situation not only A, G or J . She is thinking in broader aspects .

yes, that is my point.  which means she is foolish.  the situation was so clear in the earlier conversations that she should have been thinking of broader aspects then itself.

after meeting anandi -- she is impressed with anandi and sees her as a "good girl" and the singhs as a "good family"

My point is that even if anandi were a regular ordinary housewife who was a "bad girl" who had no other points in her favour in terms of what she "did" (sarpanch, school teacher etc.) -- shivani should still have supported anandi.

What if Jagat's wife were a ugly individual, who did nothing at home but sit and just wear a ghunghat... she still has feelings and is a human being who has been wronged.  This aspect should have struck shivani right from the beginning.

is it necessary to meet anandi to have a broader perspective of the situation?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

veil_of_roses

intruderfast IF-Sizzlerz
intruderfast
intruderfast

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 10:14pm | IP Logged

My point is that she already knew enough to do the math (of a child bride having spent several years with Jagat before ditching her for gauri) -- so now what is her problem?
Shivani should have had an issue with it the first time gauri told her the whole story itself.  Instead, she encouraged gauri to continue this illegitimate pregnancy ...

My point is that her stand should have been issue focused and not personality focused.

brilliant points tinooClap, and finally a good topic worth commenting in this forumLOL
i mean when gauri confessed all to shivani that time she didnt even badmouth anandi also, she didnt speak abt her much
apart from that she told her everything , then gr8 shivani told that marriage is a piece of paper , u and jagat share a relation continue continueLOL
now she starts comparing anandi 16 yrs with gauri 5 yrs
actually she should question jagya here if she wants why gauri
shivani ne anandi se milke kaunse zhande gaad liye , i dont understand
the issue i think is not abt child marriage anymore its abt who spent more time with jagyaTongueLOLLOLand here the winner is anandi so jagya go back to anandi

veil_of_rosesMisseshatinoo

anaamica Senior Member
anaamica
anaamica

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 11:26pm | IP Logged
When Gauri confided in Shivani about J's first marriage and the developments thereafter, Shivani did not make any opinion about J or G. It is their personal matter why J left his first wife and why he married G. The reason why Shivani was shocked is because of all the bad impression Gauri created of Anandi.

Gauri could have said her story and confided that Anandi is a very mature, self-confident woman and Gauri feels insecure. I don't think Shivani would have reacted so strongly in that case when she finally met Anandi.

Shivani is upset that Gauri badmouthed a girl like Anandi and tarnished her image.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

sri2012RashmiSandeepanjup83anns123Misseshaveil_of_rosestinootiny15

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 11:36pm | IP Logged
Sometimes when you speak of some remote person you dont know you may not feel sympathy for him as much as you feel for a person you know. Like we hear of train accident every week. Its something distant to us. We think unlucky victims whose time was up. But when the train accident happens to someone we know-neighbour, friend or relative then we feel the true pain.
Similarly when Shivani met Anandi she saw things from her POV. Otherwise she was seeing things from Gauri's POV.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

RashmiSandeepsri2012anns123anjup83tinootiny15

Go to top