Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

woman11 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
I think we are putting too much faith Shivani's moral compass. Shivani is no nyay ki devi. The point is Shivani sees the J-A-G situation from a new light because her own perspective has changed. She did not have a problem with Gauri earlier, precisely because, as Suchi points out, she herself was prejudiced against villages and villagers. Let us not assume that Shivani was a righteous woman from the beginning. Instead, it makes sense to think that Shivani herself had a narrow point of view which was pretty biased. With that point of view, Gauri's actions seemed right to her. She really did not care what an uneducated, village girl went through, simply because she identified more with Gauri and thought more like Gauri.

Now, Shivani behaves differently precisely because her own prejudices and biases have been cured. I am not sure if Shivani had felt equally bad about Anandi if she were just a village simpleton with no striking personality traits. However, the fact is Anandi has indeed shaken Shivani's own prejudices and corrected her biased point of view. It is this enlightenment that Shivani wants to share with Gauri, who she thinks needs to open her eyes too.

tinoo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: woman11

I think we are putting too much faith Shivani's moral compass. Shivani is no nyay ki devi. The point is Shivani sees the J-A-G situation from a new light because her own perspective has changed. She did not have a problem with Gauri earlier, precisely because, as Suchi points out, she herself was prejudiced against villages and villagers. Let us not assume that Shivani was a righteous woman from the beginning. Instead, it makes sense to think that Shivani herself had a narrow point of view which was pretty biased. With that point of view, Gauri's actions seemed right to her. She really did not care what an uneducated, village girl went through, simply because she identified more with Gauri and thought more like Gauri.

Now, Shivani behaves differently precisely because her own prejudices and biases have been cured. I am not sure if Shivani had felt equally bad about Anandi if she were just a village simpleton with no striking personality traits. However, the fact is Anandi has indeed shaken Shivani's own prejudices and corrected her biased point of view. It is this enlightenment that Shivani wants to share with Gauri, who she thinks needs to open her eyes too.

ooh woman 11 -- excellent!  this clears it up for me.
you are so good at this with your laser beam thoughts. 👏👏

yes, shivani herself was prejudiced against villages and villagers.  I did make the (yes faulty) assumption that shivani was a righteous woman from the beginning with a strong sense of ethics and morals.

Suchi- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
:) thanks Anatara.

Remember when she said to gauri to keep on the child as he will get his legal share .. I was like What the !!!

I think we all objected and were mocking her mentor-ness 

The only reason now why shivani supports Anandi is cause she saw the other side of the coin, and as you rightly said, a STRIKING side. 

Anandi is a girl that makes a mark ! and that she did.

I can even go on to say that Shivani might have been like Gauri at her younger age .. but the difference between shivani and gauri now is that, she has agreed to her faults of making presumptions about villagers and thinking or not think about their plight.

And she changed her perspectives on life and things as she herself said that she has learnt the big lesson after coming to the village.

===

This is exactly what Gauri and Jagya needs to learn. 

tiny15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: woman11

well said antara!!!👏👏👏i was also thinking like this but i want 2 add one more thing that she'd never seen the true victim of 2nd marriages like JG marriage causes as shes a city bred rather metropolitan city bred prsn whos dealing wid  high class mostly where she'd seen such cases widout any victimization like celeberties & high class ppl do 2nd marriages leaving 1st ones or hav extramarital affairs & in most of the cases either of the spouses hav rarely feelings abt it bcoz of their thinking. but once she went 2 village & saw A as strong & nice, which was total opposite of wat G'd told her, but felt her sadness,emptiness & deep hurt she has changed her perspective 2wards such things of life!!
earlier she was like G who always thot that its their life,their rt 2 choice at marriagable age whether it affects sum1else or not it doesn't concern & bcoz of their rt 2 choice if sum1 gets hurt then its not her fault or shes not responsible as she shud think of only her happiness even if its on the grave of happiness of genuine & nice human being( i m saying it genuine bcoz sum ppl don't deserve gud things so if they get hurt i won't mind esply who r selfish 2 the core of hurting genuinely innocent prsn) but after meeting A & singh family she saw the bad consequences of not just bal-viavh but also of infidelity & cheating!!so she changed her thot process & even accepted her fault!! so here atleast shivani is better till now as she accepted her faults & biased approach 2wards village ppl & so many oder aspects of life!!
SimplySuperb thumbnail
Originally posted by: tinoo

personally, i dont think shivani was a mentor to gauri.

she was just looking for a sucker to offload her second-hand car on to.  she sweet-talked gauri into buying that car.  that was it.

a mentor would guide her from right and wrong. 

Also, if shivani wanted to her, she could have just gifted gauri the second hand car.
 why take it on a loan basis?

gauri did risk her medical license to save shivani's life.  would shivani be in a position to enjoy her new car if gauri had not done it?

jhansijhansi thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Firstly  Shivani is also a city women who was previously more career oriented and never though about many things in life seriously...she is now into social work and thinking to help villages and villagers...she seems to have learned a big lesson in life.. Shivani learned from her mistake, after you know the truth change yourself that is what Shivani did...G after knowing the truth from J instead of blaming J and leaving him she made a new path for her life with J and blaming A for everything...

Shivani was having a good impression on G as she did not care for her future and saved her...ethne choti se gaun se ethne bade shehar me ana koye mamuli bath nahi hai kithna mehanath kare hu mai, and G also say i know about villages...shivani even thought that they  would be happy going to villages and serving villagers ...she trusted G and believed what ever G said and she thought G would not ruin some ones life there might be something wrong with J first wife...actually she might have not thought about  J's first wife she was more involved in making G feel happy that's what most of our friends do make you feel happy..

Before G said about her marriage, J's ex-wife and her in-laws ect...G said Shiavani many times about her worries and J and G relationship, how they both fight , based on all this shivani out of sympathy and trust on G said that legal and illegal issues,  ever after shivani never commented on J ex wife  nor good nor bad and also before shivani supported G to continue pregnancy  she said one word jo kuch be hua un jalthiyoki sajah  apne bachi ko kyo dethi ho..yes shivani  never thought at least once about J ex wife before encouraging G continue her pregnancy, for which even shivani is feeling guilty...

By seeing other side of the coin not just A, J's family and what they are like...she realized that never to judge any one with out knowing the facts and she hates herself for supporting G...at least she realized now, she is not behaving like G who just blames some one for her faults...

some one was saying that Shivani was only blaming G, no Shivani hates J and she is blaming J more than G that what she asks A you are not feeling bad about J...Shivani was asking G because she was the one who was saying to shivani about A and her in-laws not J...she trusted G and not J... 

Edited by jhansijhansi - 12 years ago