Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tinoo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
personally, i dont think shivani was a mentor to gauri.

she was just looking for a sucker to offload her second-hand car on to.  she sweet-talked gauri into buying that car.  that was it.

a mentor would guide her from right and wrong. 

Also, if shivani wanted to her, she could have just gifted gauri the second hand car.
 why take it on a loan basis?

gauri did risk her medical license to save shivani's life.  would shivani be in a position to enjoy her new car if gauri had not done it?
Edited by tinoo - 12 years ago
Panchi_Joon thumbnail

I think Shivaniji never thought the other part. G was speaking her heart out describing her feelings so maybe Shivaniji felt only for her, she thought from her perspective. But when shivaji met anandi then only she saw the other reality also which made her think or you can say analyse the situation from all sides . When she saw both the sides then only Shivaniji felt what is right and what is wrong. At that time she was thinking of g and j but now she is thinking of the whole situation not only A, G or J . She is thinking in broader aspects .

tinoo thumbnail
Originally posted by: Panchi_Joon

I think Shivaniji never thought the other part. G was speaking her heart out describing her feelings so maybe Shivaniji felt only for her, she thought from her perspective. But when shivaji met anandi then only she saw the other reality also which made her think or you can say analyse the situation from all sides . When she saw both the sides then only Shivaniji felt what is right and what is wrong. At that time she was thinking of g and j but now she is thinking of the whole situation not only A, G or J . She is thinking in broader aspects .

yes, that is my point.  which means she is foolish.  the situation was so clear in the earlier conversations that she should have been thinking of broader aspects then itself.

after meeting anandi -- she is impressed with anandi and sees her as a "good girl" and the singhs as a "good family"

My point is that even if anandi were a regular ordinary housewife who was a "bad girl" who had no other points in her favour in terms of what she "did" (sarpanch, school teacher etc.) -- shivani should still have supported anandi.

What if Jagat's wife were a ugly individual, who did nothing at home but sit and just wear a ghunghat... she still has feelings and is a human being who has been wronged.  This aspect should have struck shivani right from the beginning.

is it necessary to meet anandi to have a broader perspective of the situation?
intruderfast thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

My point is that she already knew enough to do the math (of a child bride having spent several years with Jagat before ditching her for gauri) -- so now what is her problem?
Shivani should have had an issue with it the first time gauri told her the whole story itself.  Instead, she encouraged gauri to continue this illegitimate pregnancy ...

My point is that her stand should have been issue focused and not personality focused.

brilliant points tinoo๐Ÿ‘, and finally a good topic worth commenting in this forum๐Ÿ˜†
i mean when gauri confessed all to shivani that time she didnt even badmouth anandi also, she didnt speak abt her much
apart from that she told her everything , then gr8 shivani told that marriage is a piece of paper , u and jagat share a relation continue continue๐Ÿ˜†
now she starts comparing anandi 16 yrs with gauri 5 yrs
actually she should question jagya here if she wants why gauri
shivani ne anandi se milke kaunse zhande gaad liye , i dont understand
the issue i think is not abt child marriage anymore its abt who spent more time with jagya๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†and here the winner is anandi so jagya go back to anandi
anaamica thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
When Gauri confided in Shivani about J's first marriage and the developments thereafter, Shivani did not make any opinion about J or G. It is their personal matter why J left his first wife and why he married G. The reason why Shivani was shocked is because of all the bad impression Gauri created of Anandi.

Gauri could have said her story and confided that Anandi is a very mature, self-confident woman and Gauri feels insecure. I don't think Shivani would have reacted so strongly in that case when she finally met Anandi.

Shivani is upset that Gauri badmouthed a girl like Anandi and tarnished her image.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Sometimes when you speak of some remote person you dont know you may not feel sympathy for him as much as you feel for a person you know. Like we hear of train accident every week. Its something distant to us. We think unlucky victims whose time was up. But when the train accident happens to someone we know-neighbour, friend or relative then we feel the true pain.
Similarly when Shivani met Anandi she saw things from her POV. Otherwise she was seeing things from Gauri's POV.
monamie111 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Forgive me, I must not have made myself clear.

The point I am trying to make is that shivani feels gauri is wrong only after having met anandi -- and seeing that anandi is a sarpanch and has khule vichaar etc.

Though she knew all the facts (including gauri's illegal status of wife) -- she considered it okay then because she assumed that anandi was indeed gawar and anpadh and that jagat had moved away from anandi because of his mindset not matching.  

i don't think shivani has thought that anandi is ganwaar..she may have thought that jagat was not happy with his wife!..it was a force marriage..and jagat loves gauri only!..they r happy with each other..

Now she is impressed with anandi and as per the pre-cap says "anandi ne 16 years bittaye hain jagat ke saath -- in comparison to your five years".

My point is that she already knew enough to do the math (of a child bride having spent several years with Jagat before ditching her for gauri) -- so now what is her problem?
Shivani should have had an issue with it the first time gauri told her the whole story itself.  Instead, she encouraged gauri to continue this illegitimate pregnancy ...

shivani have problem with gauri's thought and her mean thinking towards anandi!..gauri always blames anandi!..she told so many worng things about anandi..shivani has problem with that only!..as simple as that!..

My point is that her stand should have been issue focused and not personality focused.

i am seriously not understanding tinoo..i think u have problem with J-G marriage only! is it?..r u trying to tell that the marriage itself should not happen?..why shivani ji will oppose theri marriage and tell gauri to abort her child when she knows that they r happy with each other, they wants to stay with each other?..the problem is not the second marriage but how they did the marriage!!..they didn't bothered about J's family and anandi..how they hurt them..i thought this is the issue!..not the marriage!..๐Ÿ˜•..shivani came to know all these things after she met j's family..she has just understood now that A in not a bad gurl..and i think she is trying to tell G the same thing..๐Ÿ˜•...

How does it make a difference if anandi is a sarpanch, educated or khule vichaar waali?

it only made shivani understand that what gauri told her was worng..thats it?..so she came to talk to g..whats wrong in it?..can't she told her fren that see..i have found that what u have told me was not right..i think u have misunderstood anandi?..๐Ÿ˜ฒ..she is doing what a true fren should do!..๐Ÿ˜•

Even if anandi was gawar, anpadh, had ordinary parents like phooli's maa baapu, or gauris maa baapu -- what jagat did was still wrong.   Would shivani continue being okay with gauri's illegitimacy if anandi was indeed gawar and anpadh?

i think have totally misunderstood the thing..did shivani suported bharat's family?..she knows it that it was the mistake of phooli's father..still she supported phooli only!..๐Ÿ˜•..i m not understanding why u r comapring phol's situation with A and J-G..both r totally diff..

And shivani is seeing anandi just now -- when all these changes have taken place recently.

What if she met anandi a year ago - when anandi did not have a sarpanch title, when anandi did not have a backbone or confident body language?,  when anandi did not have the support of dadisa for her adult education class or her other activities.

That would then have been a completely different anandi.

So, in shivani's mind, would jagat's leaving gauri have been justified then?

i think it is not related to the sarpanch title!..i m sure even if anandi would not be the sarpanh shivani ji is intelligent enough to understand anandi is not an evil gurl!..i m watching BV since 3 yrs..did i not understand it that anandi is much better than gauri?..๐Ÿ˜›..i think before anandi became the sarpanch i knew it..so why would not shivani ji understand this?..๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Atleast Kundatai is issue focused -- she has never met anandi, but she didnt care.
she took a stand based on the issue.

i m very happy that kunda tai kicked them out from the house..bcoz i want them to suffer!๐Ÿ˜›..but  is it right to take a step without knowing the full truth???..kunda tai is mad with the fact that its their 2nd marriage..how would shivani react like kunda tai with the gurl who saved her life?..๐Ÿ˜ฒ and for what..just bcoz its their 2nd marriage?..๐Ÿ˜• and not the legal one too?..then what about what G told her..how J left his family for her and all those sacrifices for love?..๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†..why shivani ji would not trust the gurl who just saved her life?..๐Ÿ˜• if the gurl is saying that they r happy then they must be happy..how is it possible for shivani to understand the other side's story?..๐Ÿ˜•

I once again re-iterate the case of phooli.

If I were friends with bharat -- and he told me this whole surrogacy thing -- I would have slapped him on the face without needing to meet phooli -- the whole scenario itself would have been completely revolting to me.

It is not that i would continue to be friends with bharat -- and only after meeting phooli and seeing what a sweet person she is would i take Bharat to task.

Edited by monamie111 - 12 years ago
Suchi- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I always wondered why Shivaniji never felt that Anandi had been wronged when she heard gauri's story in the first place.
She did not tell gauri to gt divorce fist even after that illegal issue thing she and gauri discussed.

But what I can say is that she thought,

A. Jageya's first wife to be like all the villagers. Thoe who believe in old customs which has no value and are cruel too.

B. jagya's first wife to be an uneducated gawar. 

SO she assumed that it's good that's he got away from such mentality people and left that girl , whom he never loved and married gauri. Th girl who is compatible to him and whom he loves.

From gauri's constant talk about anandi , to be this blood sucking, husband stealing woman, she got the impression of an ex who is really not worth it.

Buttt...
When she met anandi she came to know how strong she is.
First she found out that not all villagers are the same. 
She agreed that she had wrong impression about villagers and people living in such place. 

Then acknowledged the good anandi was doings for phooli. With out knowinge the truth about her. She concluded that anandi is a really good girl.

So now she knows two people gauri and anandi.

In her mind Gauri is the one who saved her life. Good doctor but has some personal issues with he husband's ex. 

Anandi is the daughter of this wonderful parents who really helped her out to become the gem she is 

Then...

She came to know off anandi's plight. She got really sad that how can someone leave such a good girl.

And harshly she came to know of the missing link, jagya.

So now she has two worlds, two friends crashing with each other.

Before she formed an opinion she talked with aNandi and found that anandi has truly moved on.

Then what did she conclude?
That the picture gauri painted in her mind about jagya's ex, which eas probably grey in color , that picture was painted with this wonderful girl anandi.

She said herself that she has learnt a lesson that even education not necessarily opens ones mind. 

So if you were trying to say that now Shivaniji is taking anandi side, then that is wrong. No rather she has seen from her own eyes the other sidet of the coin. And now she judges that , it's the insecurities of gauri that's really the main cause of her marital problems. And this is the truth.

Honestly... If and Only if. Gauri would just leave anandi out of her life. Ad not bring her every turn then her life would be calmer. If only she. Trusted jagya no surprisingly has not ran back to anandi yet and is trying to work on his relationship with gauri.

So right now I say Shivaji is just trying to tell gauri what the real problem is, and that is, her own insecurity. And her guilt. 

If only she would have stopped and thought about jagya's family too before takings such drastic step then things would have Been different. 
Edited by Suchi-NivReniac - 12 years ago
tinoo thumbnail
Originally posted by: Suchi-NivReniac

I always wondered why Shivaniji never felt that Anandi had been wronged when she heard gauri's story in the first place.

She did not tell gauri to gt divorce fist even after that illegal issue thing she and gauri discussed.

But what I can say is that she thought,

A. Jageya's first wife to be like all the villagers. Thoe who believe in old customs which has no value and are cruel too.

B. jagya's first wife to be an uneducated gawar. 

SO she assumed that it's good that's he got away from such mentality people and left that girl , whom he never loved and married gauri. Th girl who is compatible to him and whom he loves.

yaa, it is exactly this that i have a problem with -- that she initially  thought it was okay because of A and B. you mention.

My point is that even if A and B had been true -- that was still no reason for shivaniji to encourage gauri on the grounds of principle, to go ahead with the illegal marriage and the illegitimate pregnancy.

Let us assume anandi was an old-fashioned girl, with no education, who is in a ghunghat and who does nothing else except tel maalish of her elders and makes adrak chai -- did that still justify the fact that jagat left his first legal wife -- and had this illegal relationship with gauri?

I think that shivani felt it was okay.

It is a different thing that anandi is so much more -- but even if she had not been that at all-- shivani should still have put a stop to this nonsense when they first had their conversation on the bridge.

The point is not anandi's character -- the point is the precap -- where she says "anandi spent 16 years with him" -- so this time span was known on the conversation on the bridge with the ice candy.

That being said -- that entire conversation was shown as flashbacks.  It is hard to say what was said and what was understood about anandi per se. 

tinoo thumbnail
Originally posted by: intruderfast

brilliant points tinoo๐Ÿ‘, and finally a good topic worth commenting in this forum๐Ÿ˜†
i mean when gauri confessed all to shivani that time she didnt even badmouth anandi also, she didnt speak abt her much
apart from that she told her everything , then gr8 shivani told that marriage is a piece of paper , u and jagat share a relation continue continue๐Ÿ˜†
now she starts comparing anandi 16 yrs with gauri 5 yrs
actually she should question jagya here if she wants why gauri
shivani ne anandi se milke kaunse zhande gaad liye , i dont understand
the issue i think is not abt child marriage anymore its abt who spent more time with jagya๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†and here the winner is anandi so jagya go back to anandi

Exactly intruderfast! thank you

This line in red is what i am referring to -- thanks. 
yes, she told gauri, marriage is just a piece of paper, it doesnt really mean anything.  what counts for each other is feelings.

so then, it was okay, that Jagat had no feelings for first wife. 

But now all of a sudden, Jagat has spent 16 years with her, feelings be damned -- it is the time span that counts.