Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

roseinbloom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Oh we're talking about the best .. and I mean BEST .. wedding ever to be shown on TV?!

Count me in =)

First of all I have to agree with Sammy here about the fact that the one most unique part about Maaneet's wedding was that it was focused on THEM (I am not even going to delve into AA nonsense -- they don't exist here). I have seen so much nonsense or drama happening in other marriages on TV that I had actually been prepared for some next level OTT drama in Maaneet's wedding. To my surprise that didn't happen. Yes, there was drama but it was given at the right time, the right amount, and with excellent performances. The drama was part of the original story and made perfect sense. So, this drama was something we could enjoy and not turn away from.

You know the one thing I loved about Maaneet and what set them apart from others? These two have been together-together ever since the beginning. Before marriage they'd lived in the same place as well as after. So all the marriage preps and pre-marriage rituals happened in the same house and there wasn't the typical boy-sneaking-out-to-meet-girl-at-her-house moments (exception of the OH when Maan actually DOES sneak into it before haldi .. LOL!) It was just different because of this factor.

So let's list things shall we? =D

1) Geet Weds Maan: That moment when Maan personally delivers the card to Geet and she shares the joy she feels and the equal fright she feels because she isn't used to all this happiness was just amazing <3 Also the Red/White card debate was equally fun to watch and made it all Maaneet. Geet choosing Maan's card and Maan ordering Geet's card at the end was really sweet =)

2) Maahi Maahi: Annie raised a really good question to Geet about her family and to Daadima about Dev. This led to one of the hottest dances in the entire show which held a lot of emotions in it as well -- absolutely amazing.

3) Brij & Baby: Brij returns! This was the last thing we all expected and I remember when the GEET FB Admin updated the status saying: "Brij is back!" we all got excited and scared about the wedding and the possibilities of it happening or not. This created much needed drama and spice and we all were at the edge of our seats in anticipation. Before Brij attacks Geet in the sauna there was an absolutely WONDERFUL scene that I have always loved -- when Maan brings Geet a Taveez for her hands after his meeting with a Fakir Baba. This was the first time Geet witnessed Maan actually discussing things to do with religion and superstition and it was a change that Geet had brought in Maan which he shares with her. Just watch that scene again to see how uncomfortable Maan is discussing it with her -- GC did a fantastic job.

Then Brij attacks Geet after which Maan makes the choice of saving Geet instead of the Baby which leads to a lot of conflict/guilt emotions within Maan.

4) Sangeet: First off the decorations were oh-so-gorgeous to look at! The green-yellow combo was amazing and the lights and curtains and all were just magical -- kudos to the team for making sure it looked grand and royal. Maan wasn't able to concentrate because the guilt was eating him up and that was followed by an iconic scene when Maan breaks down in front of Geet and the Baby and apologizes to it. The promise they made.. the way Geet told him she is not hurt by his decision was heart-touching. This was followed with a joyful celebration on the song Maahi Ve (btw you notice how the word "Maahi" comes up in many songs used on them ? =p)

5) Bachelor Party: Oh boy .. lol this was absolutely fun and masti-filled. Girls gate-crashing the Bachelor Party was amazing and Geet looked extra gorgeous. Of course we saw a lot of DD in the dance because she was simultaneously celebrating her Birthday but it was fun and we couldn't believe Sheila Ki Jawani actually got used in our show. We had thought the song was overused but it turned out original in our show because of the context and the way it was executed =)

6) Haldi Ceremony: This was one of the best moments pre-wedding because it involved more Maaneet than the rest of the gang. I like how they kept it mainly Maaneet and gave us so many personal moments b/c if you look at most weddings on TV they show way too much of the side characters and their involvement and the main couple gets lost in the crowd. Maan wanting his own little Haldi session with Geet and making a Haldi packet in the kitchen was so cute! Haha .. and not to mention how YUMMY he looked in the white kurta-shalwar <3 Geet looked equally cute in the yellow patiala as well <3 But their little nok-jhok in the OH was extremely funny and unique and the way Geet bangs the vase on his head and what follows was extremely hilarious xD

7) NT returns: Her return was mainly to get back at Geet but equally suspensful b/c now two people were after Geet .. her and Brij. Though NT came back for venegance after seeing Geet about to become the Khurana Bahu, she failed miserably after an attempt at Geet's life.

8) Beauty Parlour and Road Block: Ok this was one of the most unique things I've seen happen at a wedding. The girl gets ready at the parlour and is all set to go and then the idea of making the road blocked because of the arrival of some officials was really original. What followed was no less than dreamy. Maan assuring Geet he'll rescue her and how! That magical, fairytale music, the curtains flowing, and then appears Maan the Rajkumar on a horse to get his Rajkumari! Hayeee it was just beyond magical and the first time I watched it I was like in Maaneet Dream Land because it was so unique and never seen before. This is what you call a dream wedding ! The way Geet tells him that she'd always dreamed of this and them wanting to run away to a far away place and be alone <3 No couple I've seen gets to talk this much at their own wedding day. There's always an interruption so I was so glad that they had this moment to themselves. And then Maan brings his bride on the horse with him .. ahh .. just pure magic <3 Oh and not to forget our 21st century technological couple .. romancing through their bluetooths haha ;)

9) BriMaan fight: Just about the hottest fight EVER to be seen on TV <3 Hayee the way Geet runs from Brij and calls for Maan. The way Maan runs to her and catches hold of Brij's hand and forces the fire to extinguish before it touches Geet. The punches, kicks, slaps, everything was just HOT! Haha. The hottest part would be Maan ripping Brij's undershirt open and leaving a trail or scratch marks behind -- yaooza! That was intense.. and the way Maan yells at him .. hayee I was shivering! And then Geet stood up to Brij for the final time -- that's our strong Geet that we all love! <3

10) Geet faints and Baby in danger: Another private moment b/w Maaneet which I love. This much closeness I hadn't witnessed of a couple on their wedding day .. it was all just perfect. Geet's smile.. the way Maan kisses her and tells her to get ready to come downstairs and all was just perfect.

11) Vermala Ceremony: Ok .. there was absolutely NO dialogue in this scene.. it was all expressions and the amazing Wedding-special Background Music. And it was all so perfect and Maaneet <3 The way they have their little nok-jhoks and how Maan bends his head for her.. oh you just gotta love the man after that! It was all so fun to watch .. you felt like you were a part of the celebration and not a mere bystander. Then the photo session -- LOL. Then Maan takes Geet away for another private moment ... banda was getting too despo HAHA =p

12) Story Telling: This was also unique! They actually gave attention to the COUPLE and shared their special day with them -- not busy in their own lala lands but actually interacting with the bride and groom and giving them the spotlight and letting them TALK. I hate it when the bride and groom just have to sit and look pretty. The stories Maaneet told were beautiful and heartwarming. I love the idea of tying their hands .. and that led to Geet trying to open the rope with her teeth when they were alone -- that was so hot!

13) THE WEDDING! OMG ok I just have to say that their mandap was the most beautiful one I've seen so far. I also love whoever chose the colour blue (cuz it's my favourite =p) ... it just added this royal feel to the entire wedding. There's no words for how DD portrayed Geet's emotions in the wedding sequence. And this is one of the first weddings I'm seeing on TV where you have a song playing instead of hearing the mantras. I love the song selection .. totally fit their feelings at that time. One of the original moments in this was when Maan touches his forehead to the flower in Geet's hand.. FIRST TIME I saw a man do that and show so much respect and love to the bride. They didn't look mechanical .. they looked like a bride and groom crazily in love with each other.. and when Geet expresses that she wants to becomes Mrs. MSK fast it shows their desperation to become one! Loved those touches that just made this original. Of course Darji's unexpected entry made it better. Though this wasn't how we wanted closure for his crimes... it was still emotional to see Geet finally reuniting with family and having her family's presence at her big day. Maan proved to be the world's perfect man that day.

14) Geet's Grahapravesh: Aww I loved this .. the way they cemented their footprints, Geet's handprints on the wall along with others, and Maan carrying her all the while.

15) APPLE GAME: Was this sensuous or WHAT?! That's yet another unique aspect about GHSP. They didn't go the cliche'd ring-in-the-milk game .. that's been done to death. We proved again that we're original and we had the apple game instead. And this suited Maaneet as well.. the tendency to always compete with each other.. the romance, nok-jhok .. it was all in there.. and you gotta love how Maan let Geet take the support of his cheek to bite the apple. YUM! ;)

16) Partial SR: Ok believe it or not this was the hottest SR on TV .. and the hottest SR Maaneet ever had. LOL. It was so sensuous .. and Maan's voice and dialogues were enough to kill us .. you can imagine Geet! She was probably dying inside from nervousness! The way he was checking where more nervousness was .. OMG. And I love how they didn't chose a song for this sequence .. b/c that'd be cliche. They used their dialogues and expressions for this moment and that was unique. Then Maan and the Baby scare ruined it.. but it was still beautiful and unique and romantic. Of course Maan has to be the first man to leave his beautiful wife like that and go talk to Chanda Mama -- his first true love! LOL!

And that concludes my freaking long rant about the most magical and dreamy wedding in the history of Indian Television (well for me it is =p)

And the tagline for their wedding couldn't have been truer:

"Dreams Do Come True" =)

*sigh* I miss Maaneet =( lol

Z
Edited by -ZsterMG- - 12 years ago
sia221 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@Samana:

U said it Sam..n as usual in perfect words..
Somehow when I c other shows.. My love for GHSP increases 10 times more.. N so also d pain.. When I think of d disaster that happened thereafter with d story..
My most fav part was d actual wed.. The 7 pheras.. Sp.. When they hold each others hand..
Oh that was lovely.. It was so..I dont know d right word here.. Err.. PERSONAL..
As a viewer.. When v hav seen d trauma that Geet has gone thru.. It was like n emotional satisfaction..when she gets married to someone like Maan.. 😳 😳
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Z! It's been so long!

And I don't have to tell you how much I LOVED reading your epic description of each aspect of the wedding! SIGH, it was all just so impossibly perfect, that is really the only word I can think of for it. And like we have been saying, the wedding was so Maaneet-centric and at the same time as highlighting their love for each other, it also dealt with their problems and gave a really great closure to Geet's problems with her family. It is nice that we got closure for this, if not for the Dev side of things.

And yes, this was the first wedding I have seen with so many romantic and just plain HOT scenes. My favourite would DEFINITELY have to be the untying of the rope by Geet with her teeth. I just love how Geet's inhibitions go down the drain when she gets in a competitive mode and her himmat multiplies! 😉, not to mention Maan's expression, like WOAH! 😲 That and the apple scene were Geet's really hot moments.

The hot BriMaan fight and the half SR were Maan's ☺️

The way he extinguishes the match while it is still IN Brij's hand and then the way he screams and needs like 5 people to restrain him is just...

Oh man! That dialogue about how lafzon ke liye bhi jagah nahin between them gets me all in a tizzy every time I hear it. He is so commanding and just takes charge of the situation. It's almost TOO hot! ☺️☺️☺️

@Sia: So true! When I watch other shows all I can seem to think is how much BETTER Geet was...at everything! Even after marriage, they never really ruined the Maaneet love, except for maybe a teeny bit in A'sar when they refused to give Geet any dialogues besides the stock, "na hi main apko maaf karungi aur na hi main aapke saath jaungi!" It's like Barry was on strike or something. 😕 Anyway, there were some iconic scenes after marriage and even though they messed up everything else, I still say Maaneet had the best marriage I have ever seen on TV.
-richierich- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
 Hello sam .zester🤗 Udidn't see my pics posted in the page128. please see those wonderful expressions of maaneet while  marriage plz. Edited by richa23 - 12 years ago
-richierich- thumbnail
 Sam I want U to write symbolisms at the end of Ure takes  in Ur thread plz
sia221 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@ Z

Wow.. That is one freaking long post.. 😆 😆
But I dont blame u at all.. When it comes to MG.. V all crazy fans become non stop.. 😆 😆
I too want to write so much.. But I lack d proper skill.. So I just read every1 else's takes.. N keep nodding my head.. That is exactly what I wanted to say.. Feeling.. 😆 😆
roseinbloom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Sammy!! I know.. too long =(

OMG DITTO to everything you said. Haha Maan was in total HOT mode during the SR .. and BriMaan fight.. don't even go there.. <3

OHHH I could kiss you for saying that last thing about their marriage being the best of them all! LOL! No matter whatever the circus tried to do to make us hate the show I will say I watched it for Maaneet because they had not been ruined for me. Their love, trust, respect.. all that was in tact till the last day. They never ruined their marriage and frankly speaking they've had the most perfect married life I've seen on TV. Least amounts of interruptions from third parties in anything that dealt with them. I can just go on listing stuff here about the many iconic scenes post marriage.

Sia: Aww lol thankyou .. I feel the same when I read others' works as well =p .. and believe me their marriage is one topic I can rant forever about.. because it truly was magical <3

Z
-richierich- thumbnail
 @Zester U re right after marriage also there were many iconic maneet scenes and dialogue which still I watch on U tube, In amritsar track also they were perfect. The parallel filling ,men/women tracks were  the most worst hated by me  bcz in that maaneet were side lined. But still the channel Or Ph could not reduce our craze for maaneet. Ican never forget maaneet don't in feature I could  not see anyshow or any couple with such dedication.Actors may feel bad if the fans chant always maaneet after their considerable work in other shows but iam for that.
    Zester just now i saw dhekha ek kwab is second in ranking in IF see if people like a story, they will def watch if it  a old tea in a new cup. U know the story  exactly princess dairies which is my fav film. I love annie hathway's performance in that. long ago same story was done by starplus  named HELLO DOLLY. In that our NT AKA Karshma randeva was dolly  Suri and she did a fab job in 2005. I wasin my 8 or 9 th grade then.
Edited by richa23 - 12 years ago
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Z, yeah I think I have had some of my longest and most detailed discussions with you, about how awesome there marriage was! They make me want to be married and that is not an easy task, I assure you! 😛 I just can't get over how much FUN they had together as a couple, through all the crap they had to deal with. They were always teasing each other and bantering, and then suddenly they would transition into being really ahem, serious ☺️

I have to say, a lot of the post-marriage epicness came from Barry's contribution as well because I think what carried that phase of the show during its most patchy times was the incredible dialogues along with Maaneet. If they had just focused on the story and given a proper context for Maaneet magic, they could have created history with a happy marriage of people madly in love being a viable thing to show on TV.

I don't know if you read the article I posted few pages back that says they purposely try to keep couples apart on TV for drama's sake. And shows about marriage go from marriage to SR and then the story gets harder to sustain. I guess this is why they postponed the Maaneet SR but i wish they had sustained the whole thing better and made the final SR much much more epic. I mean it was a hot enough scene, but it should have had better build up and been the HOTTEST scene and they wasted that trump card when it was not needed. When it happened I wasn't as educated about how much of a milestone the SR was so I didn't understand the degree of people's disappointment but I get it now. It would have been good if they had had something like 10/10/11 for the first SR... after Maaneet had had a heart to heart about what went wrong and how they would always remember the baby.

In retrospect, I wish they hadn't tried that particular strategy because if they had just finished what they started after the wedding, it would have been perfect. 😳
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
@Samana and Z:After reading all your hot hot descriptions on partial SR ,Apple game and Geet untieing the rope with her teeth while MSK giving her those raw looks ..I m getting goosebumps in my office 😆☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️...

Partial SR had no real intimate scenes but the foreplay dialogues and MSK's fingerplay around her neck and ears followed with that desireful hug made it so so hot and sensuous ☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️..and when MSK in his sexy voice tells Geet "Suna nahin tumne ..mujhe koi awaaz nahin chahiye...aaj humare beech shabdo ke liye bhi koi jagah nahin hai Geet...aaj mein kisi ki nahin sununga ...samjhi tum" ☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️..I just died 1000 deaths hearing these dialogues from his mouth along with that desireful bedroom looks which he was giving her while saying this ☺️☺️☺️☺️..No wonder Geet could not control anymore and just turned back to give him the most passionate hug showing her desire fully ☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️..

Even the Apple Game was the hottest foreplat I hv ever witnessed on small screen 😳😳😳..Best part was in the end Geet giving a bite to that apple when it rests on MSK's sexy cheeks...ishh ishh ishh ☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️...Any symbolism there ?? 😉😛☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️