Views

Users

Frequent Posters

maan-ki-sanjana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
Hello crazy women!😆

Just watched Kurbaan hua again...and watched it three times more😆

The beauty of the sequence blows my mind away!

From the start you can see that Maan is livid, yet as the dance progresses it seeps away leaving only passion. The moves become slower and more dramatic, taking away the aggression yet leaving an edge of desperation.

Geet through out the dance is helplessly caught in him. She wants to walk away, yet she cannot because of the feelings he arises in her. The hand at her waist that she clasps closer shows that against her will she wants him near her.

Finally as she pulls his hands away from her, you can see the shock in both their eyes. Both cannot understand what just happened.
                                                                                       ⭐️

Edited by maan-ki-sanjana - 12 years ago
sia221 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@ Mila: Thanks n loved ur take too..btw GC was amazing na!!!! in that hug scene.. Mahi song...😳

@ Samana:
So u too pankha of GC's facial exp.. like me.. 😆
It has happened so many times in epi... that my eyes r glued to GC's face.. just observing d subtle changes in his exp at every dialogue.. sp when its Geet's.. that I forget looking at others..n I hav to go back n watch d epi..2-3 times again.. to know what exactly is happening...😆😆

@ Mayu:

Very nice opening.. amazing write-up for KH song...KH is really unique in many aspects..kind of n iconic song on whole of TV...

Btw is that true.. that RTM song in India.. is above 18 category... 🤣🤣
WOW.. so its official now.. that it is THE HOTTEST SONG in entire TV history.. 😆😆

Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
So in accordance to Mayu's theme I am analysing none other than the adult content (according to youtube in India) of GHSP. 🤣

That's right. The one. The only R-T-M ☺️☺️☺️

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-An-LCAaorw[/YOUTUBE]

I have a whole narrative built in my head for this sequence that I guess you guys must have discussed when it happened, but let me just share my interpretation of what this song means to each Geet and Maan. Of course it is super hot, but that is a given so I am going for the underlying emotions.

I think Maan's case is more obvious. He is deeply hurt by the fact that Geet still thinks their relationship is fake and wants to prove to her that they share a connection and an attraction that is very real, possibly the most real thing either of them will ever know. He is impatient with the angry Geet because he doesn't really sympathise at this point with her deep-seated conflict. To him, once he accepted the pregnancy and it didn't make a difference to him everything was solved so he is deeply hurt by the fact that things don't seem to be as clear to Geet. So in this song sequence he is trying to show Geet that he has a right over her, which she has given him, thereby proving how real their relationship is. I have always thought that Maan's one deep-seated fear is that Geet did not need him. i think he didn't think he deserved to be loved and so he thought Geet loved him for being her saviour, rather than for himself as a person. So when she says she doesn't need him, it stands right up there, along with our relationship is fake on the list of things that make him deeply hurt and confused. At this point in the story, he is yet to understand that her need for him does not have to be based on physical actions alone and that she will need him, whether she can take care of herself or not.

Geet's emotions in this sequence are equally, if not more complicated. She is still unsure about the exact nature of Maan's feelings for her and I think this comes from not knowing much about men and how they express themselves when they actually respect the woman in question. To be fair, it's not like he ever made the engagement official (though to him it seems obvious that he did). Geet's anger comes from the fact that Maan tries to control her in the market. Frankly, he deserved it. He was being a bit of a jealous maniac but that is understandable given that their relationship was still not very clear to either of them. Tensions and questions were floating in the air and their mutual reactions, led to their conflict.

At this point, I think Geet also feels a huge amount of gratitude towards Maan and feels like she owes him something almost for giving her happiness. She is yet to understand that she saved him as much as he saved her and he is not doing her a favour by bringing her into his life despite her past. All these confusions will be resolved later, of course but for now they lead to this highly tense, sexually charged scene!

I think Geet in this scene has a sense of inevitability that Maan will want to take advantage of the situation and she feels she has to reciprocate as she owes this to him. I am not saying Maan thinks this, but this is how the men Geet knows act. Chance pe dance, you know? And it is also what Dev did. He grabbed the first chance. So Geet thinks her body is sort of all she has to give to Maan, even though she is kind of uncomfortable with the whole thing, but also enjoying it at the same time...phew! Lots of emotions and confusion for poor Geet. This is why i think she keeps running away and frankly looks a little nauseous when he puts his hands around her waist at the window.

I have heard you guys made a lot of fun of the way she fell on the bed but to me that was her surrendering to Maan and saying, don't beat around the bush, I know what you want, just take it. And she gets ready for him to do just that when he takes her hand and leans over to kiss her.

BUT THEN! He leaves her hanging and I think that is the moment she realises she wants it too! 😲 So she is completely shocked by the way he behaves, leaving her high and dry. That is why when he comes to her sitting by the fire, she finally lets her own desires free, meets his eyes and touches his face. And then again, her HP-girl conscience kicks in and she tries to move away but this time when Maan stops her she really gives in completely, only hesitating for a moment before she just lets herself go and enjoy where is is...☺️

I know this is beyond the song sequence but then when Maan pops the question, is this intimacy nothing but a lie? I think it kind of surprises Geet. She never thought that that is what upset him. (btw I love Maan's expression here. He looks so like an angry baby who has just been told that Santa doesn't exist. 🤣). Also, I think she is surprised by a man who really wants to know about her feelings because from watching older episodes I realise all the strong men in her life were the do it and leave types and not the let's figure out our relationship types. I mean let's face it, even in more modern Indian families, people have only just started talking about these things. Otherwise men walk out of the room and women blush and say, we don't talk about these things in our culture so I can imagine why Geet is so hesitant. Maan is a whole new world of blunt honesty and complete openness for her and she is still figuring him out here.

However, his questions are almost irrelevant to her, of course she feels things but the point is, is she allowed to? Until the tent confession when Maan hears her out, he remains in this confused and angry state, unable to understand why something that seems so clear to him is so hard for Geet to digest and express.

So there you have it. My epic analysis of the RTM sequence.
Edited by Samanalyse - 12 years ago
Soapoperasrfun thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Samana - Tu toh cha rahi hai bilkul

Hey Sanjana, Bru, others... howz been life 😛. Me writing emails to star and watching old episodes of GHSP. Life is good so far, but it can and will get better soon. 

Whatz going on with u all?

I see Anjali, Mila, Sia etc's post in this page. Hi u guys...
Edited by Soapoperasrfun - 12 years ago
serialwatcher16 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Phew, read quite a few posts, sorry agar like nahin kiya but i was a little tired. 
Since you all have said everything, just wanted to bookmark to get back to the link faster. 😊

@Sam- You're definitely right about one thing, the analyses was epic 👏
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Priti: Thanks! 😳

@Faria: I was referring to the length when I said epic. 😆

But thanks!
mila1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Samana☺️...U made me blush n u r exactly right about what Maaneet were feeling her falling on bed n him leaving her😲 then she realizes she wants it too☺️...i loved it when she actually touches his face n the wild eyelock☺️...she lies down n waits for...he starts speaking😆. After watching the epi i thought they definitely did it😉 but the next epi🤣 all they did was talking. I dont blame Geet for helplessly surrendering i think we all wouldve done the same coz its MSK☺️

Another thing i'll always remember about RTM when they sowed the promo Geet standing at the window n Maan walking towards her wid a wild n complex look in his eyes my mom saw it n questioned me why is he walking towards a preggy girl like that? her question had me🤣.
priyachand thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
@samana

that indeed was an epic analysis. you have beautifully written those confusing feelings of Maaneet. i don't think even they wd have communicated this well.

one thing i noticed was that before marriage most of the songs were passionate n sizzling - behne de, RTM, mahi, kurbaan. whereas post - marriage we did get great song sequences - kaffa kaffa (nok jok), loung (naughty), dilbar (senti) jab koi (emotional) but not passionate. we did have saathire n bekharan. they were sensuous, i mean maaneet chemistry was there but a single hand movement of mahi gave us multiple meanings and a simple lift of kurbaan hua is etched in our memory. these two songs lack that extra sizzle. according to story may be romance b4 marriage might have that zing. but if u see saathire was the first time these two were were going to make love. aftr all d waiting shdn't it be more explosive? And bekharan song - post ML, according to Maan it is the first time he's making love to his wife. so first time sizzle shdnt it be there. they were good romantic n senusous no. but i feel the director or whoever made Maaneet post marriage sedate n prudish couple.
Priya204 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
The den is super slow a request please don't stop the calls to the channel's office if you really want a season 2 just because we got some positive response from the channel & PH does not mean that the calls should stop continue with the calls till the time we get an official news of a season 2 so continue with the halla bol