Maaneet OS - The center of my universe

liv2laugh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Hello everyone πŸ€—

This is my first SS. I am known for writing funny stuff. This is my first time trying non-funny stuff on this forum. So please be kind and throw only limited anda-tamatars 😳

This will be a happy and humor filled OS about Maaneet's journey towards being parents.

I cannot send out PMs but promise to update every 2-3 days, maybe faster if my schedule allows. 😳

Asking me to update will only delay the updates πŸ˜‰ ... so please be patient πŸ˜‰

So here goes (posts and runs away from patli gali πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†)

I am also requesting every single one of you to please call and email the channel and endemol. Apparently there has been a slacking off in the calls. We need the momentum if we are serious about getting a new show. Come on people call 😑 πŸ˜†

Part -1

Maan could not believe that the client meeting took this long. He could not wait to get back to his Mishti and their baby. Ever since Geet had entered her third trimester, Maan had handed over the day to day running of KC to Adi and tried to work from home. He had not wanted to go today, but Geet had insisted he attend because this was the last meeting and they were ironing out the terms of the biggest contract that KC had ever gotten.

Adi, who was the new Vice-President of Operations was doing a great job running the company. Romeo, Pandey and Manisha were of great help to him. He was honestly astonished how Geet had managed to train these guys to work in the corporate world, sending them to etiquette classes and public speaking classes and such. She had such a good heart, his Misti. The guys were no less, anything Geet said to them was an order that was to be followed, no questions asked. They were still scared of Maan but they treated Geet like one of them. That was what was so special about her. She could interact with the creme de la creme of society and with the workers at the same time. No one could resist her brand of magic. Maan laughed at his train of thought. He, the misogynist, had fallen for her and was completely smitten with her to the point that he could not imagine life without her. How could anyone else be immune to it? She was a wonderful asset to the firm, winning over the toughest clients with her charm and her honesty. He knew quite a few colleagues who were jealous of him and it gave him immense satisfaction to see think Geet belonged to him and him only.

He sorely missed her presence at the meeting and the clients were asking about her too, because they had worked with her all along. Maan had taken great pleasure in telling their young CFO that Geet was resting at home because she was in her third trimester and had been ordered bed rest. He had been abroad during the initial meetings and Manisha had told him all about how the CFO was interested in Geet. Geet as usual was completely clueless and thought that he was just being nice. Luckily everyone else knew what he was upto and lost no time in informing Maan about it. Maan had cut short his trip and returned to take over the negotiations. Maan had almost cancelled the deal until Geet prevailed upon him convincing him to continue. He had allowed the deal to go forward with the condition that they keep the CFO out of the negotiations.

But today, they had to bring him because they were negotiating the final terms of the deal.  Maan had wanted to rearrange his pretty face for daring to eye his Geet, but remembered that his Misti threatened never to speak to him if he did not behave himself at the meeting. So he was civil to the guy but took great pleasure in rubbing in the fact that Geet belonged to him and was going to have his baby soon. The poor guy looked crestfallen making Maan very happy. Maan laughed recalling the man's shocked face when he realized Geet had been pregnant all along when he had tried to impress her. Geet had just started showing a little but in the last month and so there was no way for anyone to tell that she was pregnant.

His life had been sheer bliss since all their misunderstandings had been solved. But ever since Geet had become pregnant he was filled with an unknown fear that something would happen to Geet and he would lose her again. Sometimes he had seen Geet a little bit lost and upset. He had tried hard to find out what was bothering her but she told him she was just tired. He had let her be because he wanted to get this meeting out of the way. But tonight he was going to find out what was bothering his Mishti. The doctor had told him time and again that he needed to make sure Geet was cheerful. The doctor had also indicated that this time there would be no problems because Geet was older and also because she was being well taken care of. Maan had made sure she ate and took her prenatal vitamins. He saw someone selling flowers on the roadside and instructed the driver to stop. He bought a dozen red roses and gave the kid selling the flowers a healthy tip. His mishti loved roses and today these would make her happy.

As he got into his car and instructed the driver to head home, his cellphone rang and he realized it was the doctor. He was a little scared about what the latest round of tests would reveal. He took a deep breath, said a silent prayer and took the call. His joy knew no bounds when he finished the call. The doctor had just informed him that everything was fine and the tiredness was nothing to be concerned about. She had noticed that Geet was stressed and suggested that Maan try and get her to relax. She also suggested that Geet take it easy and stop going to work. Maan then realized that he was in trouble. His Mishti was not going to be happy to be tied down at home. She had always been a hard-working girl and had worked with him alongside since the day she joined KC, first as his secretary and then as his partner. He had already made her cut her workload in half and she was angry at him for that. She was also mad that she had to stay home from this meeting. Maan could not stop her but then daadima stepped in and Geet was forced to listen to her. How on earth was he going to tell her that she needed to stay home until the baby was born?

Maan remembered how daadima returned cutting her piligrimage short the minute she heard of the baby. She was pampering Geet making sure she did not miss her family. Beeji called and kept tabs on a regular basis and had even visited Geet bringing Pammi with her.  Geet had been very excited to see her new nephew and had wanted them to stay behind for a few days. Beeji however had refused to stay in her daughter's sasural inspite of daadima and Maan's requests. She had asked them to send Geet to Amritsar for a bit. But Geet refused saying that this was her home and she would have her baby here.  The doctor had advised against any travel and the matter had been dropped there. Maan had promised Beeji that once the baby came, they would all visit Amritsar together.

Geet was tired. Scratch that she was exhausted. She did not remember being this exhausted the last time but then she had never been this far along the last time. Tears filled her eyes are she remembered the baby she had lost. She remembered the baby she had lost often these days, whenever she felt her baby kick. She placed her hand on her tummy and sat there crying. She wanted to share this with Maan but did not want to burden him with this especially when he was working on this all important deal.

Nakul was so excited that there was going to be a new baby in the house. He would never have believed that Maan Sir would get married and moreover be having a baby but now that was going to happen. He made extra sure he kept a close eye on Geet and had instructed all the other servants accordingly, not that he needed to. The servants had all grown very fond of her. She really cared for all the servants unlike NT who only bossed over them. As he went to give her milk, he noticed her crying. Alarmed he ran to get Daadima thinking something was wrong with her or with the baby.

Daadima was on a phone call with the caterers getting ready for the godbharai which was going to happen in a little over 3 weeks. She was just about done discussing the menu when Nakul came running to inform her about Geet crying alone in her room. Daadima excused herself and ran to Geet instructing Nakul to call Maan and inform him immediately.

Maan received the call from Nakul just as they were turning through the gates of KM. He told the driver to step on it and ran out the minute they pulled up before the mansion, even before the car stopped fully, worried out of his mind.

Geet was surprised when all of sudden the door opened and daadima entered. Daadima was shocked to see her crying and embraced her while stroking her hair. Geet started sobbing harder remembering her mother now and the baby she had lost. She badly wanted Maan to hold her but she was the one who had forced him to go to the meeting. Daadima asked Geet to quieten down worried that Geet would harm herself or the baby. But Geet continued to sob softly holding on to her. She refused to tell her what the problem was, inspite of Daadima asking several times over. Daadima then decided that Maan must have done something to hurt her darling bahu and decided to give him an earful the minute he arrived. She had told him not to leave Geet alone but the boy did not seem to want to listen to her. Even after everything that transpired, his business was more important to him than her darling bahu. She would give him a blistering lecture for leaving her bahu alone the minute he came home. He needed to stop taking her for granted. Decision made she waited for her errant grandson to arrive.

Coming up next: Poor Maan comes home to a lecture from Daadima. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†Maaneet moments. 😳

Edited by liv2laugh - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shah10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
wow..amazing .
love it
fatim30 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
jhan waiting for next part😳

missing maaneet like hell😭

mchopra thumbnail
wow Jhan that was super awesome..
i think i am in love with Maan again..not that i fell out of it..but still..πŸ˜‰
myramabin thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
aweee it was so sweet  waiting for next
KrishnaSourav thumbnail
Awesome, beautiful part
loved it

Viji79 thumbnail
All these stories make me sigh thinking what all could have been done with our beloved show and cant stop visualizing each and every scene you have written. Beautifully written.
anupm04 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Superb jhan
Waiting for next part
Continue soon
shammo thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Loved it. Thank you for giving us the glimpse of what we all would have loved to see on screen. looking forward to the Maaneet moments. Please do continue.
-Elfin- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Jhano...aa jhappi paa...πŸ€—

One of the most important things that I missed seeing in GHSP  was Maaneet never grieved the death of their first child properly, it was so rushed.😭😭

Kaun hai won khotha, ullu da pattha jo Maan ki Geet pe line maaring?😑😑

Will you call me a sadist if I say I just love when Maan is jharofied in any form, so just cannot wait for the next part.πŸ˜‰

Hope to see lovely scenes like this in Season 2.πŸ˜ƒ