Dekha Ek Khwaab

The role of Akash

BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
I am loving the current episodes with Manyata discovering the palace etc. But i fail to understand the emphasis on Akash & why he is constantly portrayed as a "pitiful" person who everyone talks about & links up with Manyata. He puts me to sleep & I fail to understand why he has a scene in each episode. I don't even understand his function in the story anymore. It seems to me that he is still the lead. Though we get to see ManVeer scenes, the emphasis seems to be more on Akash just in that little screen space he gets with him constantly bragging about his great love for Manyata. Even though it was Chikki & Soni were the ones who brainwashed her into believing her love for Akash, what was the O Re Piya sequence about? What was the part when she ran out of the car just to be with him about? I don't believe it was love, but the way its going, i just feel that they are trying to portray that as love.

I think the CVs should seriously understand that the audience wants ManVeer together! I mean come on, even when they were filming the ManVeer scenes, couldn't they see that they have better chemistry than Akash-Moniya? Akash-Moniya are totally mismatched. ( No offence to Akash-Moniya fans, BUT it is the truth)😃

PEACE.

Cheers, 
Samridhi

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sid4TeamCanada thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
akash may not be the HOTTT SEXY and happening guy as uday is... so his impact may not be felt as much... but in moniya's life, akash holds a very important place... i mean, i love uday, but i personally cudnt help going all "awww" in akash moniya's romantic scenes... because he is geniunely a good guy! he's a hard working, a good fellow... he has brought so much happiness into moniya's life, he made her feel at home in this new city... he give her a gift worth of his one month's salary... that's BIG..

so atleast for now, i understand why it is so important for him to gget screenspace... he is moniya's first love after all =)

u know i have a feeling if this akash character was played by any other actor, like say ARJUN BIJLANI for eg ;), there would've been a lottt more akash supporters, haha! =D

in reality, which guy would we pick? in real life... a guy like uday...or a sweet guy like akash?? something to think about... =)
 i agree, like the majority here, i WUV uday..and yes, i see lots of fireworks in manveer jodi... but chemistry isn't everything there is to a relationship... remember what uday told manyata in the disco? you r spice, and he (akash) is water, he will only dim you down... well, sometimes, in practical life, the most compatible match for spice is water...

all that being said, i want manveeer is endgame...😆 BUT, i wud feel awfulyyy awfully bad for akash!!😭
Edited by Sid4TeamCanada - 12 years ago
Riha-Ane thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
u know i have a bad feeling about this.. i think majnu is still the lead of the show..   i'm losing hope now if this majnu thing continued...😳
Sid4TeamCanada thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -rianne

u know i have a bad feeling about this.. i think majnu is still the lead of the show..   i'm losing hope now if this majnu thing continued...😳

no no, hopefully we wont get akash moniya as endgame 😕 besides, there r just way too many hints towards manveer... for once, they have had roka ever since they were kids.. that's quite symbolic in the tv world i feel... and uday's popularity going up, hopefully we will get manveer as lead... 😕

i really like akash...like i said abt.. but only as long as manveeer r the endgame... 😆
*Dakoo_Minzy* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: Sid4TeamCanada

akash may not be the HOTTT SEXY and happening guy as uday is... so his impact may not be felt as much... but in moniya's life, akash holds a very important place... i mean, i love uday, but i personally cudnt help going all "awww" in akash moniya's romantic scenes... because he is geniunely a good guy! he's a hard working, a good fellow... he has brought so much happiness into moniya's life, he made her feel at home in this new city... he give her a gift worth of his one month's salary... that's BIG..

so atleast for now, i understand why it is so important for him to gget screenspace... he is moniya's first love after all =)

u know i have a feeling if this akash character was played by any other actor, like say ARJUN BIJLANI for eg ;), there would've been a lottt more akash supporters, haha! =D

in reality, which guy would we pick? in real life... a guy like uday...or a sweet guy like akash?? something to think about... =)

I'd like to give my answer to that. In real life too,i personally don't feel Akash is right for Maanyata. He must have been right for Moniya,but not for Maanyata.
Uday isn't bad. No one can prove that right now. Even if he has a grey shade every person needs to be given a chance to tell his point. As far as i see to have a happening life if i put myself in Maanyata's shoes,I'd say UdayVeer.
At first Maanyata wont understant Uday. But in the long run she will know who Uday is. Actually my belief is that there is a goodness in every person.

As for Akash,there's the difference of status between the two now. I have seen girls getting married to guys who have lesser qualification/status than them. What i have learnt from many family is that if in the 'life',if the girl has the upper hand ,that is if the girl is from a more wealthy family,there's always that insecurity that the guy will feel.

So again even if in real life,i wont chose Akash. I guess if she stays with Akash,there'll be more problem (today you may not feel,but in the long run Akash will have that ego hurt and then their relationship wont be same) rather than being with Udayveer. As for UdayVeer he matched the princess's status.

I don't think people would agree with my POV. Just said it because it how i feel. I always want my hubby (whoever it be) to be one step ahead of me in every field-be it qualification,wealth,temper,looks-so that he can control me fully.
Sid4TeamCanada thumbnail
@dakoo_minzy: i agree with u abt the mismatch b/w manyaata and akash... i was more talking abt moniya and akash though... i mean, the very moment moniya became manyata, akash and her became a misfit... per we gotta keep in mind that she won't be able to forget him overnight.. besides, she hasn't even accepted herself as a princess yet...

but yes, in real life, a couple like akash and princess manyata would not work...  but a couple like moniya akash wud... =) in terms of personality, they do click...

u knwo wht feeling i keep getting? that somehow we may see an akash and jay angle... i dunno why lol. anywho, i want manveeer! =( i'm addicted to them hahaha! =D but oh poor akash! =(
*Dakoo_Minzy* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: Sid4TeamCanada

@dakoo_minzy: i agree with u abt the mismatch b/w manyaata and akash... i was more talking abt moniya and akash though... i mean, the very moment moniya became manyata, akash and her became a misfit... per we gotta keep in mind that she won't be able to forget him overnight.. besides, she hasn't even accepted herself as a princess yet...

but yes, in real life, a couple like akash and princess manyata would not work...  but a couple like moniya akash wud... =) in terms of personality, they do click...

u knwo wht feeling i keep getting? that somehow we may see an akash and jay angle... i dunno why lol. anywho, i want manveeer! =( i'm addicted to them hahaha! =D but oh poor akash! =(

Yes,i get you well dear.

Maanyata is still in Moniya's shoes. Once she becomes Maanyata it's going to be different. The new responsibilities will definately change her thinking and everything. She will think twice before doing anything-because her single decision can affect the whole of Udaygad.

You feel for Jai and Akash?...Hmm..i want that to happen too..it'd be great...

Me rooting all the way for Manyata Udayveer! Tehy are mast jodi!
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
@*Dakoo_Minzy*

I disagree that the men has to have the upper hand so as to be able to control the girl, esp. in a society like today where women are rising up to be of equal status to men. It is true that there would be some ego clashes if a woman is of a greater status than her husband, but ultimately, in life, what is required is understanding. 

Also, i disagree that Moniya would suit Akash. Because Moniya and Manyata are 1. No matter how much we try to separate the 2, they are inseperable because Moniya was always Manyata. She may have lived a simple life etc, but her dreams were always big. She has always had the qualities & the "lifestyle" of a princess in the sense that Murari used to buy her rich food, she always was unique. She was always a princess. Its just that she was unaware of it. That is why she is stubborn & fearless, just like a princess.

So from the way i see it, Uday-Manyata/Moniya will always be the 1 for me :)

thanks for sharing your views!

Barunkidewani thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
 Akash-Moniya are totally mismatched. so trueee i totally agree with uuu...

we just want manveerrr togderrr

prince udayveerrr to be the leaddd...

CV'S  PLEASEEE DUN DO THISSS...
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
@arshi11

i know ManVeer have to be end game, or else this show will be ruined. Practically, everyone wants ManVeer!

no offence to Abhishek, but when is Akash going away??