Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
as per the credits is based on the works of a writer named devdutt patnaik-a leading writer on Indian Mythology
he has written loads of books based on Shivji...so dont know which one they are refering to...

mythology is something that comes with our culture,1000s of writers have written books based or inspired by these...but he is the one they have credited!
her_story thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
immortals of meluha is quite very different...  IOM is loosely inspired by our mythology, but in the book, shiva is not divine or anything. he is just pictured as a nomadic hero.

The show is definitely inspired from the hindu mythology...

Rehanism thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Immortals of Melhua by Amish is itself an alternative take on Shiva's myths from Puranas...This show is, in all probability, based on Shiva/Skanda/Linga Purans and associated literature..

However I would have loved it if it had been based on Immortals of Melhua/Shiva Triology..At least we would have got something different..Or else you get to see the same stories in all Mythological shows, just with different actors..
_sana.Magic_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
even I thought so but except for the names nothing is similar like sati should have been a vikarma which is not shown here and many other things and their Daksh didnt hate Shiva but in this serial he does.
cs-07 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i watched the first 5mins of dis show hoping it was based on the book Immortals of meluha but its not :( so i ditched the show.

plus the character playing shivji doesnt do anything for me. there was a prog on metro or some other channel, the shivji in that show was absolutely CUTE. 😆
Teeya thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
meine suna tha ki is show mein Special effects use kiye gaye hai lekin show dekhkar to nahi lag raha hai?
Sia889 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

@Dasksha hating shiva is something which was from the beginning,so much that it costed him his daughter!

Some part in him denied the phase death.

Brahma(his father) was the creator.

Vishnu(his fav deity) was the preserver who is Alankar priya which means he loved to be adorned n embellished.
Represents growth,sustenance n prosperity(for obvious reason as Goddess Laskhmi is his consort) 

But Shiva (the one who symbolized death or the end ) ,i suppose he didn't like the concept that what is born has to be perished one day.

A person becomes humbled and even detached  at the end of his life 
Cause how rich or poor or great a man be in his entire life but at the end he takes no one n nothing with him.

Edited by Killer_Shark - 12 years ago
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Shivji destroys when the right time comes, that is mainly at the end when the accumulated deeds have to give result. Sometimes it is destruction of sorrow, pain or destruction of ego. He destroys fear too. That's why Mahrshi Dadhichi moves fearless in front of Daksh, whereas others do whatever he says.
rev4eva thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
I have read the book Immortals of Meluha and agree that it does include the characters from Indian mythology but the concept is different. It is a journey of Shiv to realize his path from Nomad to Mahadev whereby I believe this story is based on Hindu mythology.