•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago

Is Arnav Singh Raizada justified?

Who is a more complex specimen…Man or Woman? This is a million dollar question, jiska jawaab dhoondte reh jaaoge. Men always complain that its impossible to understand a woman and the latter always thinks it's the other way round.

Yesterday while I watched Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon, my heart went out for Lavanya as she gracefully walked out of ASR's life after learning that he does not love her.

While we all know that communication is the key to a healthy relationship, seldom do Men believe in this theory. As much as communication is important, saying it at the right time is equally important which they fail to understand and hence all the misunderstandings and heart-aches.

Arnav Singh Raizada, the man of few words who wears an iron mask and thinks that he is heartless. What Arnav forgot in his life's battle was that he cannot forcefully rule his heart. He always knew that he never loved Lavanya and neither did she stir any emotions in him, but he still chose to keep her around just to show to the world, that its women who are head over heels for him and to satisfy his male ego.

He fought with his family and forced them to accept Lavanya as his live-in partner, once again to prove to everyone that no one controls his life other than him. When he felt that he was losing control over his emotions for Khushi, he impulsively and to everyone's surprise declares marriage with Lavanya but then eventually backs out from getting engaged with her.

Yes, we all realize that one should be honest in one's relationship and it was good on Arnav's part to let Lavanya know that their relationship holds no future. Nevertheless, time and again in trying to prove a point to himself as well as to everyone around, especially to Khushi Kumari Gupta, least did he realize that he was constantly playing with Lavanya's emotions and sentiments. Had he not lied to himself then that he can live in a relationship free from any commitment and love, he would not have ended up hurting Lavanya and rest of his family members.

While Arnav's decision left the entire Family and Khushi in a state of shock, as they are unable to comprehend the situation, Lavanya exactly knew what was bothering Arnav. Yesterday Lavanya reminded me of the first episode wherein she appeared to be the rich, arrogant employee who took a pride in being ASR's girlfriend and looked down upon "Chamkili." While in those initial days, the very sight of hers irked me, last night tears trickled down my eyes as she bid goodbye to the Raizada family. The journey from being La to Lavanya was not easy for her, but as they say, "love can make you do things that you never thought possible."

We hope that someday Lavanya will find her Man who will love her for who she is and make her feel wanted. Meanwhile we the viewers are surely going to miss her.

Lavanya as a character has served her purpose. It was a good, solid end. Hope they don't try to make a vamp and bring her back.
tfs..and beautifully written