India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

DON2:REVIEWS pg 9(TOI) (Page 97)

-SalShah4eva- IF-Achieverz
-SalShah4eva-
-SalShah4eva-

Posted: 30 December 2011 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
well, I have question any1 knows why they didnt promote Don 2 that much..they did with Ra one rightConfused
but i am still happy its doing very good

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 30 December 2011 at 1:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by myLuvShahid-ji

well, I have question any1 knows why they didnt promote Don 2 that much..they did with Ra one rightConfused
They didn't want to promote Don 2 too much because there was too much SRK everywhere from Ra.One...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-SalShah4eva-

cinema-goer Goldie
cinema-goer
cinema-goer

Posted: 30 December 2011 at 1:08pm | IP Logged
@my luv shahidji  it was a conscious decision..as there was backlash for promoting too much for ra.one..ppl were tired of seeing srk ..so thats why most of the time pc was accompanied to keep it fresh in what ever they did..even music launch was supposed to be BIG but the reliance felt uneasy of the over exposure of srk due to ra.one..it would have been ideal if don2 released before ra.one benefiting both in the process..still not much harm done

Edited by cinema-goer - 30 December 2011 at 1:08pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

NautankiSaali17gilmores-SalShah4eva-

-SalShah4eva-
-SalShah4eva-

Posted: 30 December 2011 at 1:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

Originally posted by aiswaryaaa

SRK silences detractors as Don 2 turns into a hit
By Joginder Tuteja, Dec 30, 2011 - 15:03 IST

Sharukh KhanShah Rukh Khan must have gone through some real anxious times when the Thursday evening press show resulted in select mischief mongers spreading negative word of mouth about his latest releaseDon 2. Critics in general weren't really kind too and despite the fact that the film took the best opening ever for a non-holiday release, there were many waiting with daggers and all set to attack after the weekend went by. However as things stand today, Shah Rukh is pretty much having the last laugh with the film holding well even on the weekdays, hence ensuring that the film is a clean hit and may just turn superhit.

"Don 2 has done well and now all eyes are on how far would it go", says a source, "Of course Ra.Onebacklash coupled with the fact that the film hasn't been designed for universal audience means that the film wouldn't end up creating or beating records set this year. However, it is now entering the Rs.100 crore club and make neat profits for all involved. For Shah Rukh this is now his second century in a row. Of course Ra.One was touted to do much better but negative word of mouth aborted its run, though not before it managed Rs.115 crore for itself. However in case of Don 2, multiplex audience across the country are liking the film which is a big plus." 

There are some who are of the belief that given the fact brand Shah Rukh is involved, each film of his should be setting benchmarks instead of just coming close to them and compare with the contemporaries.

"Agreed, but for that a film should be designed as the one with universal appeal as well", says a prominent filmmaker on condition of anonymity, "If he plays to his strengths and ends up serenading women in chiffon sarees for a Yash Raj film, he is bound to set records. However, of late he has been experimenting too much and making a conscious call to stay away from mushy affairs, case in point being a My Name Is Khan, Ra.One or Don 2. Results are of course going to be mixed."

Sharukh KhanHowever, his fans worldwide are now rooting for him to do get back into wholesome family entertainment mood as a result of which in months to come, he would begin films which, as per industry parlance, are considered to be 'safe'. 

"Yash Chopra's film that he is doing with Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma cannot go wrong. Then there is Rohit Shetty's Chennai Express for which he starts shooting with Kareena Kapoor. These are the films that have an eye on multiplexes as well as single screen audience. Guess Shah Rukh is through with technology, gizmos and 3D now, it is time to get that major biggie which would shut the mouth of even the staunchest of detractors", the filmmaker adds. 

His fans wouldn't mind that either.

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/movies/features/type/view/id/2935

Nice article :) Thanks for posting Aish! For SRK, it's kinda become like if its not 100 crores its flop. Didn't beat Bodyguard it's flop movie. Almost like poor Sachin, who can make 70-90 odd runs but its just not good enough because its not that century..Confused 

I think Don 2's done quite well for a film without a hit soundtrack to attract single screens, with SRK who's coming out of the huge backlash he got for Ra.One, it's not the desi masala action that's doing so well right now, very low-key promotions so essentially this movie was riding on WOM.

Hmm and yeah SRK hasn't done "his forte" romance films for a long time now. RNBDJ was a good 3 years back and that movie was only made to save YRF because all their films were flopping. That SRK-Katrina-Anushka film has a good chnace of breaking records. Yash Chopra + SRK at Diwali has yet to fail  *touchwood* + Katrina + AR Rehman as the music director! BO-wise its a great combo...

@bold: touchwood
I dont care if don 2 ddint broke the record of bodyguard , singham, dabang, or whatever,,,coz these movies wasnt good for meLOL
bodyguard only 2nd half i like it

I dont want Kat with SRK..whats wrong with Yash Chopra jiAngry
SRK movies always do good in Diwali na..i hope this 1 too
i love family romantic movies..Embarrassed

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

NautankiSaali17tomnjerry2

-SalShah4eva-
-SalShah4eva-

Posted: 30 December 2011 at 1:09pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by myLuvShahid-ji

They didn't want to promote Don 2 too much because there was too much SRK everywhere from Ra.One...
O alrightEmbarrassed
-SalShah4eva-
-SalShah4eva-

Posted: 30 December 2011 at 1:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by cinema-goer

@my luv shahidji  it was a conscious decision..as there was backlash for promoting too much for ra.one..ppl were tired of seeing srk ..so thats why most of the time pc was accompanied to keep it fresh in what ever they did..even music launch was supposed to be BIG but the reliance felt uneasy of the over exposure of srk due to ra.one..it would have been ideal if don2 released before ra.one benefiting both in the process..still not much harm done
ya thanks
i was wondering abt this promotion but  now i got it..
well good decision even without less promotion Don 2 going good..
cinema-goer Goldie
cinema-goer
cinema-goer

Posted: 30 December 2011 at 1:18pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by LifeOLicious

Tuteja writes an interesting article. But I like SRK when he is experimenting! He is awful hammy actor when he is serenading ladies around trees! that's SO not his forte (but for god knows what reason people like him in those films :-/)

I personally don't think it is necessary for him to prove his star power at all...he is a mega star period. He is an icon. You cannot deny his star power. It's time to get even more experimental and do more Chak De's!

WORD. Big smile

As for his forte...personally always thought negative roles were more SRK's forte than romance. Would love for him to do more of those roles. That being said, I don't think he's bad in romance roles..Smile

I am really hoping the films with Anurag and Vishal take off..though I have no idea what they're about LOL

But cinema-goer, in Rab Ne, he was supposed to look like an old uncle..it was in character--there was a big age gap between Suri and Taani.  And I don't think romantic films can only be done with younger actors. Cheeni Kum is a really nice love story with Tabu and AB Sr. If its a well written mature love story that suits the actors then its fine..there are plenty of love stories with "older" people.

Yeah may be..he should find a footing ..see ajay he does diff things..comedy,action,politics with romance on side not like center part..every movie of his is success..hope srk chooses ppl well as he does not choose scripts :/

I am so glad DON2 is working for him..felt very bad for him the backlash he got for ra.one..and he was loosing his confidence ..In don2 promotions intially he was so bad..but he got up and fought back..yes promoting with his gang helped i think..I really love DON Gang..(all four of them)..they are crazy to be around.loved all the promotions..

Edited by cinema-goer - 30 December 2011 at 1:22pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

NautankiSaali17gilmores

LifeOLicious IF-Sizzlerz
LifeOLicious
LifeOLicious

Posted: 30 December 2011 at 1:19pm | IP Logged
@cinema goer Rab Ne he was good when he was Suri. When he became Rahul or whatever his name was, yuck! He was 30 when he did KKHH and he was hammy :P

@chocolover He is not bad in romance. I did like him in Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa or Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman. And my fav is Swades (ufff what romance between him and that girl!). But you know when he plays RAHUL types (and people go goo goo ga ga over that), I find him really hammy and awful!

Edited by LifeOLicious - 30 December 2011 at 1:34pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

cinema-goerNautankiSaali17gilmores

Go to top