Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

DON2:REVIEWS pg 9(TOI) (Page 79)

WhipCreamPantie IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 26 December 2011 at 7:54pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 26 December 2011 at 8:02pm | IP Logged
Saw it..liked it quite a bit, more than I expected tbh. Its the first SRK movie since CDI that my dad didn't say he wasted his money so thats a good sign for me LOL

Technically very slick movie. SRK is damn good and looked SEXY IMO..he's bad but you root for him throughout. Priyanka and Lara were good in whatever they had to do. Boman is very good as Vardhaan--he actually is meaner than Don I think. SRK's Don is villainous but very stylish, cool, and funny wheras Vardhaan is just evil. Kunal Kapoor was hot LOL but fine.

The story could have been better but overall entertaining movie!

Oh this is the kind of action that suits SRK. He'll look like a fool in the Singham style one IMHO so I hope Mr Shetty knows what he's doing.

will probably add more later...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

cinema-goer-Kruti.S-AishMinoz

whispa IF-Sizzlerz
whispa
whispa

Posted: 26 December 2011 at 8:57pm | IP Logged
Watched Don 2 last night and was thoroughly entertained.

10 of us went to watch it, the youngest being my 6 year old nephew who at the end said 'Dons so clever'! Everyone loved the movie.  It was cleverly and slickly made with lots of twists which kept you entertained throughout. Kudos to Farhan Akhtar.

Shah Rukh was brilliant as Don. I think no one does 'bad' like he does. He had us eating out of his hand and rooting for him all the way. And he really looked good too.

I thought Priyanka was perfect in her role. I loved the banter between her and Don and I loved the fact that Roma is probably the weak spot that Don has in his armour.

Boman and Lara both did a good job. Lara looked stunning in the movie. Hritiks special appearance was a nice surprise. He and Priyanka looked amazing together in their scene and now Im looking forward to Agneepath.

I dont think that in this sort of movie you need too many songs. Saying that 'Zara Tham lo' had me tapping my feet.

At the end of the movie the whole audience was buzzing. Don had entertained everyone.

Thoroughly recommended.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

cinema-goer-Kruti.S-..Sakeena..AishMinoz

you2 IF-Sizzlerz
you2
you2

Posted: 26 December 2011 at 9:17pm | IP Logged
@taran_adarsh taran adarsh
#Don2 Monday *estimates*: Hindi - 7.71 cr, Tamil - 10 lacs, Telugu - 20 lacs. Total: 8.01 cr nett. Fri to Mon total: Rs 56.97 cr nett.
11 minutes ago via web

#Don2 circuit-wise Mon: Mumbai 2.4 cr, Delhi-UP 1.5 cr, Punjab 65 lacs, Mysore 60 lacs, Bengal 45 lacs, Nizam 54 lacs, CP 31 lacs ... contd
5 minutes ago via web

#Don2 circuit-wise Mon: CI 25 lacs, Rajasthan 43 lacs, Bihar 20 lacs, Assam 7 lacs, Orissa 6 lacs, TNK 21 lacs, Nepal 4 lacs.
4 minutes ago via web

cinema-goer-Kruti.S-AishMinoz

cinema-goer Goldie
cinema-goer
cinema-goer

Posted: 26 December 2011 at 10:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by LifeOLicious

here is my short review:

Don 2 is a well made and well acted film but the writing could have been soo much better! The characters were a bit blah...I wanted SRK to be more evil!
But he ended up likable and funny! My friend said like Jack Sparrow! hehe!

PC had to give one expression all through the movie. Lara had a more interesting role! The characters needed something more...overall good watch!

And oh ya Hrithik looked hottt...he got ooohs and aaahs from the audience hehe!

Lifo  ..I know u watched MNIK ..so tell me which you liked more?? Or which entertained you more..cause i never dared to watch it..i could see LOT of hamming by kajol and srk in that movie..
LifeOLicious IF-Sizzlerz
LifeOLicious
LifeOLicious

Posted: 26 December 2011 at 10:40pm | IP Logged
^Oh this one is waaayyy better! MNIK starts well but sucks later. SRK is in his element in this film. PC and SRK should do another movie where PC can do more than just give him stares :P

Happy to see Don made 7.7 cr on Monday! Hoping this one will be a ATBB Big smile

Edited by LifeOLicious - 26 December 2011 at 10:41pm

-Kruti.S-..Sakeena..friends_rock

LifeOLicious IF-Sizzlerz
LifeOLicious
LifeOLicious

Posted: 26 December 2011 at 10:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by goneforever

I liked that Lara was the Don's messenger and moll, but anyone could have done that role!  I guess she was looking for something that was less time intensive.  Her pairing with SRK is awkward!  Perhaps because of her height?!  LOL

I think both PC and Lara did not have much to do. Anyone could have done their roles. PC def had more chem with SRK. Lara and SRK did not have much going on. But Lara's character def was more interesting as she did a few different things other than give SRK stares :P I was expecting to see more action from PC and a fight scene with SRK but :-(

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

friends_rock

mysticgoryfilms IF-Sizzlerz
mysticgoryfilms
mysticgoryfilms

Posted: 26 December 2011 at 11:31pm | IP Logged
Don 2 - I enjoyed this very, very much. SRK looks absolutely amazing! Definitely better than how he looked in his recent years. There are plot holes, but the movie was so enjoyable I overlooked them! The action was really sleek and damn awesome! Wasn't bored for a second! 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

pria4ever-Kruti.S-..Sakeena..AishMinoz

Go to top