India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

DON2:REVIEWS pg 9(TOI) (Page 75)

TINA! IF-Rockerz
TINA!
TINA!

Posted: 25 December 2011 at 5:18pm | IP Logged
Just saw don 2 luved it. it was sold out!

kash4life IF-Rockerz
kash4life
kash4life

Posted: 25 December 2011 at 5:30pm | IP Logged
I'm a SRK fan so I knew I was gonna like it but not THIS much!

For me its been the most enjoyable of the year, cos its the first time I haven't cringed at at action movie Bollywood churned out!

The whole picturisation of the film is SO modern, sleek and suave it gets full marks just on aesthetic appeal! But what I liked is, it's not just a random sequel, for me it seemed even better than Don 1, because the whole screenplay seemed alot crisper and the storyline more to the point.

I do agree the music was lacking, but the background score was brilliant. And I guess its an action flick it doesn't need some random song with bg dancers every 20 minutes.

SRK was FLIIPPPING amazing! He should permanently do negative roles, cos damn can he play them well. Its the first time I fell in love with a villain much more than even Aryan in Dhoom 2. He is so charming and SO sexy in the way he plays Don! And SRK hasn't looked this good in SO long! 

Boman, PC, Kunal were all good, and Hrithik was such a great surprise...I screamed a little seeing him on screen even if it was for like 5 mins, but Don 2 is all about SRK. He easily overshadows the cast and is a class apart when it comes to performance

I'd give it an easy 4/5

BUT if you're one who likes films like Ready, Thank You, Wanted etc...this isn't the film for you.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

pria4everNautankiSaali17iMadzeraserAishMinozParachute.

morsal_cute Goldie

Posted: 25 December 2011 at 7:45pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
KaBhiinlove IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 25 December 2011 at 8:37pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

iMadz-SalShah4eva-

you2 IF-Sizzlerz
you2
you2

Posted: 25 December 2011 at 8:41pm | IP Logged
@taran_adarsh taran adarsh
#Don2 Sunday trends: Seems like 19 cr to 20 cr. Multiplexes were superb today.
8 hours ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply

Don 2 Has Big Jump On Sunday

boxofficeindia.com

Sunday 25th December 2011 23.00 IST

Don 2 has had a big jump on Sunday as per the early collections coming. The film looks to have crossed the 17 crore nett mark on Sunday for its Hindi version and even around 18 crore nett collections may be possible.

A circuit like Delhi/UP which collected around 2.85 crore nett on Sunday seems to be heading for collections in the 3.50-3.75 crore nett range on Sunday.The collections have been propelled higher by single screen business on Sunday in the North and Gujarat.

Single screens which were 50% on Saturday were going house full on Sunday. Multiplexes showed less growth on Sunday as they were already high and could not really go much higher.

Sunday is normally very good but here it may have benefited more as it was Christmas day, one of the biggest holidays of the year or it could be that the film is on a big run. Monday is likely to decide if it was the Christmas day factor or not.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

NautankiSaali17

mandy0310 Channel Moderator
mandy0310
mandy0310

Posted: 25 December 2011 at 9:39pm | IP Logged
I just saw Don 2, loved it!! I found it better than the first one. Its been a long time since I enjoyed a movie like this. I can understand now why Lara was listed as a special appearance. Hrithik's appearance was too short! SRK was in full form in this film, loved him. PC was equally as good.

iMadzAishMinoz

WildestDreams IF-Stunnerz
WildestDreams
WildestDreams

BollyCurry Assistant Writer

Posted: 25 December 2011 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
Great movie...Farhah you're a LIAR...you told HR isn't doing any cameo...so who was dancing with PC???? MY 80+ neighbour ROFL ROFL...SRK is really back...HR cameo was tooo much short but he looks handsome jiHug

iMadzAishMinoz

iMadz IF-Rockerz
iMadz
iMadz

Posted: 26 December 2011 at 12:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kash4life

I'm a SRK fan so I knew I was gonna like it but not THIS much!

For me its been the most enjoyable of the year, cos its the first time I haven't cringed at at action movie Bollywood churned out!

The whole picturisation of the film is SO modern, sleek and suave it gets full marks just on aesthetic appeal! But what I liked is, it's not just a random sequel, for me it seemed even better than Don 1, because the whole screenplay seemed alot crisper and the storyline more to the point.

I do agree the music was lacking, but the background score was brilliant. And I guess its an action flick it doesn't need some random song with bg dancers every 20 minutes.

SRK was FLIIPPPING amazing! He should permanently do negative roles, cos damn can he play them well. Its the first time I fell in love with a villain much more than even Aryan in Dhoom 2. He is so charming and SO sexy in the way he plays Don! And SRK hasn't looked this good in SO long! 

Boman, PC, Kunal were all good, and Hrithik was such a great surprise...I screamed a little seeing him on screen even if it was for like 5 mins, but Don 2 is all about SRK. He easily overshadows the cast and is a class apart when it comes to performance

I'd give it an easy 4/5

BUT if you're one who likes films like Ready, Thank You, Wanted etc...this isn't the film for you.

OMG ! Exactly...I agree with each and every word you said ! Embarrassed

I am die hard fan of SRK, like from my childhood, I grown up watching his movies like Darr, Anjam, Baazigar and all his 90s BEST movies but I never thought that I would love DON2 to this much extent ! I absolutely loved DON2, and so much that I have written long review for TOI and almost all reviews, and I think more than any critics, papers and all...Its the public who decide how the movie is and I think all the people who have seen it, they are liking it. I hardly read some negative review about this movie except from those who hates SRK ( I don't know why? Wacko) or who is biased for him and just stupid enough not to like sexy, hot, evil DON man ! LOL

And yep you said it right, SRK never looked better, I loved him in all looks minus that billu wala look, it was Okay but this DON2 look is just AWESOME, amazing ! He is so HOT I could not concentrate on story yr ! Embarrassed And the way he played his negative, evil, wicked character was so smooth that I am in love with this smokin HOT villian, he is all witty, charming and smart that he will drive you crazy !

Music ! Thank god there were less songs in the movie, I can't bear songs in movies man ! It literally bores me unless it has brilliant choreography and good dancers, HOT actors ! So, Hrithik wala dance was WOW ! I was like...Day Dreaming And, DON intro song was necessary so its fine but action movie does not need bollywood standard lovey-dovey songs ! Plus, I think this is the movie from our India, is an answer to hollywood ! It has got style, class, level and perfect actions ! Its a hi-fi movie, only few people can understand this point ! Or else critics are always ready with blah...blah...blah...LOL DON2 is better than previous DON ! Clap

And yep, I agree this isn't movie for those who loved Ready, BG, Thank You...and all. Coz, this is too smart for those movies ! I always loved Farhan's work, he is damn intelligent guy and love to see his stylish, hi level works other than local drama and old jokes ! LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pria4everNautankiSaali17AishMinoz

Go to top