Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

DON2:REVIEWS pg 9(TOI) (Page 56)

theprince IF-Rockerz
theprince
theprince

Posted: 24 December 2011 at 12:35pm | IP Logged
Da_BagarhBilla
yes these kind of role suit him very well .If anyone eant to make bollywood james bond then Hrithik gonna smash it Smile
tomnjerry2
all the report timm now still not official tomorrow everything will be clear and for me i always follow BOI because they are the most trusted site .Yes they are baised in the term of status and how they can hype afilm and not the other but in the term of numbers they are the best so lets see what will happened and i hope will be 15cr

-SMay31- IF-Sizzlerz
-SMay31-
-SMay31-

Posted: 24 December 2011 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
jst watch it randomly coz of mah frndz..i must say awesum film not a fan of these type of films but it was gr8..specially SRK..he was just so BRILLIANT...kudos 2 him

Edited by -SMay31- - 24 December 2011 at 1:04pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Kruti.S-AishMinoz-SalShah4eva-

gohem123 IF-Dazzler
gohem123
gohem123

Posted: 24 December 2011 at 1:17pm | IP Logged

Don 2 review; critics reviews of Don 2 movie

Don 2 movie review roundup

Bollywood closes the year with perhaps the most anticipated move of the year - Don 2. Riding on Shahrukh Khan's shoulders Don 2 is receiving a good response from the critics and the first day box office collections of Don 2 on Friday were promising. If you are yet to make-up your mind, here are a few Don 2 reviews for you to consider.

Directed by Farhan Akhtar, Don 2 sees the return of SRK as the elusive Don. Frahan has masterfully carried the plot forward and given us an action packed thriller. Priyanka Chopra reprises her role as Roma and Boman Irani is back with a vengeance as the notorious underground criminal Vardhaan. Several new faces join the cast - sexy Lara Dutta as Ayesha, Kunal Kapoor as Sameer Ali, and debutante Saahil Shroff who plays a cop on Don's trail.

The film's music has been composed by Shanker-Ehsaan-Loy and the soundtrack had received a lukewarm response, with not many songs from Don 2 making it on to our playlists. The movie however is an entirely different story with most critics giving Don 2 positive movie reviews. Overall, Shahrukh Khan receives high marks for his portrayal of Don, Priyanka Chopra has impressed most critics. The real star as they say are the action sequences, and that too in the second-half of the film. What's missing is the lack of emotions expressed by the characters, and a script that seems to not come together.

AunKaChoice - Naresh Kumar Deoshi: 3.5
'Don 2' is slick and stylish! To watch or not? Sure. Go for it. It may not be the best film of the year, but Don 2 sure is slick, stylish and speedy. My suggestion: watch it in 3D.

Koimoi - Komal Nahta: 4.5
Don 2 may not give the discerning audience a great high but it will be loved by those who like style, intrigue, suspense and attitude. It will score at the box-office and yield good profits to Reliance Entertainment (worldwide distributors).

Times Of India - Nikhat Kazmi: 4
Don 2 is a classic action/crime thriller that doesn't let go, even for a moment. More importantly, the plot has been finely crafted, with every twist and turn falling into place like a complicated albeit neat little jigsaw.

"Action is the other alluring selling point of Farhan Akhtar's film. The chases, the fights, the demolition, destruction, break-ins, escapes have all been done with a finesse that rivals the best of Hollywood. Watch the car chase between Priyanka and Shah Rukh and you'll get the point. It's not only high voltage that drips with passion which makes it seem almost like foreplay. The other notable sequences include the heist, the escape and Shah Rukh's larger-than-life leap from a high-rise while his assassin wrings his hands in dismay," says Kazmi.

Bollywood Hungama - Taran Adarsh: 3.5
DON 2 rides on star power and brand value. The film has a bland first hour, but the second half takes the film to another level. There's no denying that a cohesive script would've made a world of a difference to the film, but the tremendous hype, star power and the lucrative period [Christmas and New Year celebrations] will make its investors reap a harvest.

DNA India - Aniruddha Guha: 3
Characters say boring, random things to each other, there's a pointlessly long dance sequence and the attempt at dialoguebaazi is laughable. What keeps Don 2 alive, then, is its pulsating action.

India Today - Kaveree Bamzai: 3
The movie seems to have been made only to allow the actor to say and do all the things he ever wanted, be it a James Bond and Ethan Hunt rolled into one. What it does come across as finally is a Mission Impossible meets Abbas Mustan.

IBN Live - Rajeev Masand: 2.5
Don 2 is nicely shot, and there are moments where Shah Rukh Khan is riveting. But that's not enough to hold your interest for well over two hours...even the actor's most loyal fans will find themselves yawning. I'm going with a generous two out of five for director Farhan Akhtar's Don 2. Although packed with fast cars and bikes, this is one slow ride.

Hindustan Times - Mayank Shekhar: 1.5
It was Vijay's story. Salim-Javed's tight script had a striking plot. The writers here have sub-plots. They continue to stretch and add thought to thought. The picture promises to never end. It gets hard to carry on with inane inventiveness, when you just couldn't care less.

New York Times - David Dewitt
The director, Farhan Akhtar, seems out to create a spectacular, international entertainment with "Don 2," in a mix of Hindi and English and a dollop of German. And thanks to the unpretentious humor, he is mostly successful, though audiences will have to forgive the bland performances. Not the actors' fault, really; when a cocky chuckle (Mr. Khan) or determined lips (Ms. Chopra) are your only character bits, you don't have much character to explore. Only Kunal Kapoor, as a more sympathetic colleague of Don's, has human moments. They're almost out of place; subtlety is one language this playful film doesn't speak.

There you have it, a Don 2 movie review round-up, and if you need to get a glimpse of the action before you can make up your mind, then here is a Don 2 trailer. Happy viewing!

shirani7 Senior Member
shirani7
shirani7

Posted: 24 December 2011 at 2:27pm | IP Logged
Saw the movie wow it was such a cool smart brilliant movie! 
Great story,first half was little bit slow but second half was like a true rollercoaster ride! I was sitting on the edge of my chair, cuz you dont know whats gonna happen next..
Locations, style, actions scenes were all awesome! So was Hrithik! Only dont know what happened to Isha Koppikar? Priyanka looked nice, but performance wise she wasnt that great. Music was a big dissapoinment too, but thank god the good story makes up for this.

And ofcourse SRK! Without him the movie is NOTHING! The moment he comes on screen, he just lifts up the movie with his charisma! He is so energetic and hes got so much screen presence! And i love his voice, its so powerfull and the way he laughes and says those witty dialogues. He truly made me laugh, gosh he is so charming! He just plays DON so good and convincingly, only he can do this! And woow what style he has, the first time he came on screen i was like WOOW! Throughout the whole movie he looked so fit, stylish, hot, sexy and young! And this guy is like in his fourties! 
The best thing is that he is the baddie, but you just CANNOT hate him, you actually love him for his cruelness!
I am eagerly waiting for Don 3 now!!

SRK RULES! 

Edited by shirani7 - 24 December 2011 at 2:28pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Kruti.S-....Poojie....-SalShah4eva-

ladygaga. Senior Member

Posted: 24 December 2011 at 2:39pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

cinema-goer

WhipCreamPantie IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 24 December 2011 at 3:10pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
cinema-goer Goldie
cinema-goer
cinema-goer

Posted: 24 December 2011 at 3:12pm | IP Logged
@ladygaga there was no dance of them at end..:(..Priyankas role was not there she did what she was asked very well i think...but the mnt the film satrted i enjoyed it..i think srk was in his element in this..enjoyed him as don..But the chemistry between them should be explored in some other movie..they both do have incredible chemistry which is not explored or underplayed here..it did not bore me at all..or there was no moment i went W*F..so yeah its good for me..and i dont like agnst..so as i kno he will get out i was curious about how..so it worked for me BIG time..

Edited by cinema-goer - 24 December 2011 at 3:14pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ladygaga.

wat_up IF-Stunnerz
wat_up
wat_up

Posted: 24 December 2011 at 3:20pm | IP Logged
@aish  and others why is it so hard to believe that someone who may not be a srk supporter actually like the movie it's not always about who is in it but the story.  Ra one was not my cup tea so did not see it, but buddies and cousins wanna see this lol l . To be honest till I joined here I saw movies based on story not stars and have seen many Srk movies including original don

Edited by wat_up - 24 December 2011 at 3:24pm

Go to top