DON2:REVIEWS pg 9(TOI) (Page 36)

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 4:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by --ania--

Originally posted by kshreya2002

Originally posted by Relda

Show me one bad review of SRK's film by Raja Sen before Ra One. 

Till the age of Salman most of the critics loved SRK. Ever since someone else has beaten him at the BO they all love to trash him too.

I think that reviews can be biased a lot of times. I went throught his other SRK reviews like for MNIK and OSO...he seemed to praise SRK and relate the storylines to hollywood biggies and classics...now that you look at his recent two reviews, it shows that he may just have a set mind to critically assess every detail of the movie. What I'm saying is, most of the reviewers like Raja or Taran don't seem to view and critique films from a neutral stand. Ouch 

Thats right...stakes are high in films these days and I dont trust any reviewer. Many times personal bias also comes in which is quiet human.
But I remember I used to like Kunal Kohli's reviews when he was a movie critic. I used to agree with whatever he used to say. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

--ania--

you2 IF-Sizzlerz
you2
you2

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 4:08am | IP Logged
Kaveree Bamzai  New Delhi, December 23, 2011 | UPDATED 16:07 IST

Don 2 movie review

close
A   A   A
X
Buy article
Comment
plus

Black leather, black humour

Film:
Don 2
Director: Farhan Akhtar
Starring: Shah Rukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra

Yours, I believe, says Shah Rukh Khan, carrying an inert Priyanka Chopra and handing her over to the new kid on the block, Sahil Shroff. The movie seems to have been made only to allow the actor to say and do all the things he ever wanted, be it a James Bond and Ethan Hunt rolled into one. What it does come across as finally is a Mission Impossible meets Abbas Mustan.

I have nothing against either except that it is instantaneously forgettable. This is the kind of film-making that urges you to watch and forget. The plot is easy, based mostly in Berlin only so the actors can wear lots of smart black overcoats, Gucci vests and leather boots. There are enough twists and turns that require the actors to drive cars at breakneck speed, jump from buildings, crawl into confined spaces, and look superlatively cool while doing so. Priyanka Chopra gets to keep her indecipherable New York meets Mumbai accent while playing an Interpol agent based out of Kuala Lumpur, Khan gets to play bad, and Boman Irani gets to clench his teeth in all manner of sinister ways that belie his teddy bear image.

In short, everyone gets to do what they feel like. Farhan Akhtar directs but only in a manner of speaking. This is a film by the numbers, a lark, a little game of let's-look-cool-with-all-manner-of-guns-shall-we? As someone once said so famously of Ocean's Eleven, it's not a film so much as a luxury experience. With Khan's usual wit-Priyanka puts him in handcuffs and he says to her: Hmm, kinky? Or the police finally get him, and surround him, and he says, No autographs please. I suspect most of the lines were written by Khan himself.

There are a lot of inside jokes. Khan saying I like love stories and smiling wickedly when he says so. The characteristics of Don continue-he continues to watch Tom and Jerry and laugh. He loves jungle billi Priyanka Chopra. And Lara Dutta's character Ayesha continues to be jealous of her. Clearly since Ra.One Khan is on a mission to prove to Hollywood that we can make movies in their genre as well as they can. The streets look the same, the buildings actors jump off look the same (nothing to beat Tom Cruise jumping off Burj Al Arab though) and even the parties look as sophisticated. There are no wedding songs and no karva chauths. And certainly no songs shot in Switzerland.

But it is also curiously generic. It's the kind of film that could star Tom Cruise and that may not necessarily be a compliment. And ironically-ironic because Khan is so keen to be taken seriously as an anti-hero -it comes to life when he decides to be good for a while.

Read more at: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/don-2-movie-review/1/165595.html
you2 IF-Sizzlerz
you2
you2

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 4:10am | IP Logged

Don 2 - Movie Review

By: Shubha Shetty Saha   Date:  2011-12-23   Place: Mumbai

Surf Excel Matic
For Automatic Washing Machines No Manual Intervention!
facebook.com/surfexcelmatic
Mid Day Archives
Related Tags
Don 2, Bollywood, Film review, Shah Rukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra

Don 2
Cast: Shah Rukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra, Kunal Kapoor, Lara Dutta, Om Puri and Boman Irani
Stars: ** 1/2
Action/Thriller: U/A

Pic/Santa Banta

It's time for the SRK fans to go weak in the knees again. The superstar's back. And those of you who went away after RA.One, come back, it's the season to forgive and forget.

Shah Rukh Khan manages to look super cool and super hot as he easily reclaims his King Khan position with that stylish swagger, that cocky married-to-mischief grin and his trademark arms thrown wide open gesture. Almost making us believe that no one else could have played the bad man's role with more conviction.

Only if the same conviction was visible in the script, direction and the film as a whole. The film is slick, the cinematography (Jason West) is captivating ...but the racy, edge of the seat pace that you expect from an action thriller of this kind is sorely missing.

And that's not all. The script apart from being predictable also has loopholes galore. The characters are sketchey. 

In this sequel Don decides to get his old foe Vardhaan (Boman Irani) to help him with a heist in a Bank in Berlin. The investigators Roma (Priyanka Chopra) and her senior Malik (Om Puri) are still on his trail and looking at the amazing dumbness that they flaunt, doesn't look like they will ever get him, even in Don 14. While Roma walks around in strictly business kind clothes and hair do (the strands behave themselves even when Roma is doing action sequences in the climax), disappointingly her character turns out to be of someone who's waiting for an opportunity to melt in the arms of her Prince Charming.

Malik's character unwittingly calls for sympathy. Malik is just about to retire (with good reason) before he's dragged into Don's mess again. Puri seems so lost that his best dialogue seems to be when he announces to the world 'It's Don' in amazement on receiving Don's call. Even the ever-dependable Boman Irani disappoints with his forced expressions.

There's one thing that irks me the most in Bollywood action thrillers, and Don 2 carries the tradition. The smart moves by the characters is tediously explained again and again to show how the move was engineered, thereby diluting the whole effect. The audience is treated like a four-year-old brat, who doesn't concentrate and forgets what has been told to him five minutes back. Subtlety is an art and moreover, we are not as dumb as you think. Wish the filmmakers instead concentrated on filling those gaping loopholes.

But I strongly recommend that you watch this one, solely to experience the Shah Rukh Khan-charisma once again.
you2 IF-Sizzlerz
you2
you2

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 4:12am | IP Logged
You are here: HOME > ENTERTAINMENT > Review

The After Hrs Review: Don2

Published: Friday, Dec 23, 2011, 15:53 IST
By Soumyadipta Banerjee | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA

Film: Don 2
Cast: Shah Rukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra, Boman Irani
Rating: ***

Thanks to the faulty promotional strategy, you have already seen some of the visuals and yes, you already know a part of that storyline. Unfortunately, the visuals of the unexpected

twists and turns have been all given out during the promotions.

When Shah Rukh Khan suddenly comes into the police headquarters and surrenders (it's a big moment, Don is surrendering himself!), you know that now he will go to jail wearing that 'same' orange uniform and then escape. The interrogation scenes, the Mercedes blowing up, all the dialogues – they have all been out in the open for a long time. No prizes and no guessing there.

So, the sequences that could have put you on the edge of the seat actually don't thrill you at all. The promotion of Don2 couldhave been much well planned where you don't give out the storyline and keep the unexpected visuals a 'secret'.

Also, another point must be made here – this film is all about Shah Rukh Khan. He is there in almost all the frames. He is there everywhere! He has already accepted that he is great salesman and in the first half of the film you will see him marketing Don2 -- Don isgreat, Don cannot be caught, Don is one notch less than superman…blah, blah, blah. Thankfully, there are times when he shuts his marketing campaign and gets on with the film. And we will now ignore the thousands of marketing adjectives used to describe the superhuman Don and get on with the film.

The first half is as something that you have already visualized – everybody tries to catch Don and he outsmarts everybody. The film progresses in a linear fashion till Don decides to surrender himself to the police. Now, thanks to the visuals you already know that Don will go to jail, get interrogated by Om Puri (where he says

'Aaj Meri Maa Kitna Khus Hoti' and 'Aap Mere Maa Ko Nahi Jaante'), sent to jail where he will meet Boman Irani (who says 'Welcome to Hell, Don'). So, the film begins for you when Don escapes out of jail.

The film gathers some pace as Don teams up with Boman Irani for a daring bank heist. He blackmails, threatens and hatches a perfect plot for the perfect crime. From the time on he starts executing his perfect plot, the film gets more interesting. The build-up to the climax is good.

About the other actors – Lara Dutta looks good, Priyanka Chopra looks good, Kunal Kapoor looks good and everybody else in the film looks good except for Boman Irani who has got the chance to do some acting as well. There is also a surprise moment with Hrithik Roshan. Shah Rukh and Hrithik doesn't even have one body part similar to each other but yet he turns into him and vice versa. Don't try to think a lot about the scene that scene because if you try to, you won't enjoy the film.

The cinematography is good but frankly my dear Farhan, we had expecteded a better sequel. Next time, don't let all the good things out before the film releases, will yo

NiHa24 IF-Rockerz
NiHa24
NiHa24

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 4:20am | IP Logged
Yipeee  i watched it!!!

And Damn!!!!!!!! the Movie was so damn good!!!!

And my my!!!   SRK was just just just  
HOT!!!!!!!!Day Dreaming

I will see the movie again!!!!!!Day DreamingDay DreamingDay DreamingDay DreamingDay Dreaming   just for SRK!!
It was just a SRK film!!!

His sexy looks, his style, his laughLOL,  He was just amazing! He was charming!!
Even in prison uniform he looks so hot!

His comic timing is so good!( SRK cant go wrong here!!! does it?) u would even laugh when he laughs("wicked laugh"LOL)!!!

His Introduction was just mindblowing! 
u would whistle and start clapping seeing introduction of THE DON!!
and My!!! i loved the action sequences! SRK was great!Clap

He has DONNed it everywhere!  Its all about him!!!!!!!!

Lara and priyanka were good! sexy! Hot!
Boman Irani was excellent!  and very funny in one sceneLOL!!

The movie seems to be predictable but it is not with the twist and turns!!!  And every plan of Don is executed as smooth as cutting the cake!! and Don maintains his cool everywhere!!!

And u might say " Don jo plan kartha hai woh asaphal hona mushkil hi nahi na mumkin hai!!"LOL

And the direction was fantastic!!  Action sequencesClap  Clap Clap  just brillinat!
Farhan did a fabulous Job!!!Clap

I would hope he will bring DON3 for us!!!
chahe kithna bhi late na ho( for the good script)!!!  hum inthezar zaroor karenge boss!!!

As the song goes!!  dil ko tham lo, dil ko tham lo...aaya hai ... Don!!!!!!!!
The excitement will keep reminding the song even if it is not playing in the background!!!Big smile

All in all it was a treat to watch SRK in the Don2!

Don1 was nothing compared to Don2 if i may sayEmbarrassed!!

Might be some spoilers!!!Big smile

Lara was good!  She did her part efficiently!   Liked her role!
And Priyanka was also good!!  i was hoping that she'll have some big part in the end but didnot match my expectations! 
well Her ambition doesnt last strong enough( kambakth ishqLOL)!...she has a small action sequence in the end and it was good!!    Was little disappointed with Roma but it was nice to see the romantic enclosure between Don and Roma!! 
The chemistry was rocking between SRK and Priyanka(jungli billi)!! 

And the plesant surprise!!! the guest apperance of Hrithik was very cool! he was very charming!! He was good!  Hrithik and Priyanka's chemistry was good!

It was predictable that Sameer was part of the plan till the end!!!  but in the end it did made to sit on the edge when he gets the parcel!!!!  And dil tham ke baithi thi  what will happen to Sameer!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AishMinoztomnjerry2

NiHa24 IF-Rockerz
NiHa24
NiHa24

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 4:26am | IP Logged
cant believe the movie is given 2, 2.5 rating!!!Shocked
are those rating true????

The movie deserves even better rating!

2RsFan

theprince IF-Rockerz
theprince
theprince

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 4:38am | IP Logged
BOI said the wom is mixed i really hope the film will do will its one of my most awated films so please let the film be good

Edited by theprince - 23 December 2011 at 4:39am

2RsFan

AishMinoz IF-Sizzlerz
AishMinoz
AishMinoz

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 5:53am | IP Logged
DON2 wom z very much +ve ...
the minimum z movie z avg ...
no one said the movie z bad ...
just watched star news public review  india...
n it ws  too gud ..

Go to top