Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lentils thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: Nkapoor2

but u got to admit that it is not doing as well as other srk movies! btw just watched don 2, and I liked him in it! ^^he looked very hot and I love his chemistry with Priyanka! however I did not like him in don 1 and I do prefer him in romantic roles because ^^he is just Soo intense! and sorry I did not like ra.one! Don 2 was also average, got boring at times, plot and direction was average and predictable, this movie is only good because of Srk's acting! and might I add I loved Hrithik's cameo, it gave the audience a lil thrill!

I finally saw someone else who didn't like Don 1 either! I almost got stoned last time for saying that. I haven't seen Don 2 yet but if it's better than Don 1, that's good. Will be worth a watch then.
tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Saw Don 2 , dissapointing

It was like they wanted to create situations and twists just for the heck of it ...no logic

Priyanka had a miniscule role, infact lara had more substance in her role. SRK finally did something diff than normal.

overall just hype no stuff
pooja-menon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Players Starts On Disastrous Note But Don 2 Sustains

Friday, 6th January 11:15 PM IST

This can't be true if Abbas Mustan movie fails to collect on day 1. No excitement in masses before release of the movie and disappointing product adds to the misery. Writing was on the wall well before its release as music failed to take off and then such a risky time to release a movie combined with uninspiring cast.

(Read the review of "Players" on following link –

http://www.boxofficecapsule.com/review.aspx )

First Day collections of "Players" are shockingly low at 2.89 cr nett although it saw an increase in evening show and might end up with higher actual as this is approximate early estimate.

But now on "Players" needs huge jump in next two days to register even below average figures as right now numbers are horrible (all india average of 38% occupancy). This is huge blow for Abhishek and Sonam as their last few movies failed big time.

"Don 2" Sustains All Over

There were media reports that film would end its run in single theatres soon but "Don 2" surprisingly sustaining its good show all over. On its 3rd Friday film managed to cross 1 cr nett mark and below are the breakup of collections in overseas as well as domestic box ofice -

Domestic Collection:

1st Week

75.45 cr

2nd Week

28.89 cr

3rd Friday

1.15  cr

Total Collections

105.49 cr

Overseas Collection (2 week)

62.50 cr

Total Worlwide nett collections

167.99 cr

Expected Worldwide nett

220.00 cr

The way film is performing overseas, it looks that it will keep recording good numbers for at least next couple of weeks. Few multiplexes where Indian films play in UK, have increased the number of shows in 3rd Weekend. That is remarkable.

Domestic collections should end up around 120 cr nett and 3rd weekend should garner 5-6 cr nett. Next week festive season around 14th January throughout the country can boost the collections too.

pooja-menon thumbnail

Don 2 Two Weeks Overseas Collections

Posted by admin on January 7th, 2012

Don 2 is Performing Well in the Overseas Markets. Don 2 Was Strong in Overseas from Day 1 and Emerged Blockbuster from First Day itself.

The Final Collections in 2nd Week For Don 2 in all Overseas Markets came at 10 crores approximately. The 2 Weeks Total Gross Collections Till Now is 63 cr in the Overseas.

This is Very Good Figure. The Final Overseas Collections For Don 2 Will Come at 65-66 crores and Not More. This Figure is Around 15 crores more than Ra.One and will Help Don 2 Surpass Ra.One's Worldwide Collections.

pooja-menon thumbnail

Don 2 Going Strong on 3rd Saturday

Posted by admin on January 7th, 2012

Don 2 Is performing good at the Box Office. The Films Final 3rd Friday Collections Came at 97 Lakhs and the Film is Doing Well on 3rd Weekend.

The 3rd Saturday is strong with 1.25 cr Collection. The Weekend is Coming above 4 crores and third sunday is likely to show a big jump.

Don 2 (Hindi) Finally Reached the 100 cr Mark in 16 Days with a Total Collections till now being in the Range of 101 crores. Whereas Don 2 (India)(incl. Regional Versions) Reached the 100 cr Mark in 13 Days itself.

pooja-menon thumbnail
Don 2 Takes Heavy Hit In Week Three

Saturday 7th January 2012 13.30 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Don 2 fell heavily at the start of its third week as it collcted around 75 lakhs approx on its third Friday. The collections are 80-85% down from last Friday.

This was mainly due to the release of Players which had a huge release taking away a lot of the screen space but Don 2 is likely to show a huge jump on Saturday and Sunday and may take its weekend business to around 4 crore nett.

The lifetime business of the Hindi version is unlikely to go over 110 crore nett though the film is likely to be on a steady run from week 4 onwards.

pooja-menon thumbnail

Weekly Collections – Box Office

As on 07 January, 2012
Films Production Week Weekly Domestic Total Theatres
Don 2 Ritesh Sidhwani, Shah Rukh Khan, Farhan Akhtar 2 27.92 Cr 103.24 Cr 1927
Mission : Impossible Ghost Protocol Tom Cruise, J J Abrams, Bryan Burk 3 1.90 Cr 28.79 Cr 720
The Dirty Picture Ekta Kapoor, Shobha kapoor 5 1.05 Cr 75.98 Cr 276
Ladies VS Ricky Bahl Aditya Chopra 4 39.01 L 32.74 Cr 119
Kya Yahi Pyar Hai Abha Singh 1 19.73 L 19.73 L 126
Rockstar Shree Ashtavinayak, Eros International 8 12.31 L 67.16 Cr 27
Desi Boyz Deepak Jalan, Hrishita Bhatt 6 3.74 L 42.36 Cr 38
Pappu Can't Dance Saala Ravindra Singh, Sameer Nair 3 1.43 L 46.58 L 19
Force Vipul Shah 14 1.05 L 26.10 Cr 6
RA.One Gauri Khan 10 63.95 K 107.10 Cr 5
Loot Shabir Boxwala, Anup Gandhi 9 62.07 K 3.72 Cr 5
Rascals Sanjay Dutt, Vinay Choksey 13 58.10 K 32.58 Cr 4
Lanka BVG Films 4 48.52 K 55.87 L 5
Tell Me O Kkhuda Hema Malini 10 28.96 K 1.14 Cr 3
College Girl Suresh Jain 2 25.49 K 1.38 L 2
Originally posted by: Burcidi

I finally saw someone else who didn't like Don 1 either! I almost got stoned last time for saying that. I haven't seen Don 2 yet but if it's better than Don 1, that's good. Will be worth a watch then.

yes it is better then Don 1, but sill I find the movie average! :)
pooja-menon thumbnail

Don 2 Third Weekend Collections | Early Estimate

Posted by admin on January 8th, 2012

Don 2 is rocking the box office now. Since, the Collections Were Reduced by 80% in the third week. Despite of that Don 2 managed to shows big jumps on Weekend and minimize the effect of friday fall.

The Collections of Don 2 on 3rd Sunday is around 1.85-2.10 cr region as per early estimates. This takes the Third Weekend to 4.05-4.30 crores. This is a Healthy Total For any Film in its Third Weekend.

The Total Net Collections till now for Don 2 (Hindi) in 17 Days is 103 crores. The Third Week is likely to Finish at 5.25-5.5 crores and not more. The 110 crore mark now seems Difficult for Don 2 and it will not be able to break Ra.One(Hindi) Record Even.

NautankiSaali17 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7
woah the collections are still steady...awesome!!

thanks poojie for the updates...