Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

Movies
  Scoops & News

DON 2 scores globally!

December 31, 2011 12:21:09 PM IST
Abid, Glamsham Editorial
Send to Friend

The first week numbers are out and it is crystal clear that Farhan Akhtar'sShahrukh Khan-Priyanka Chopra  starrer, DON 2, has scored globally. 

Coming to India, DON 2 has netted around 72 crore, with the dubbed (Tamil and Telugu) versions adding another 3 crores for a sum total of 75 crore (to be validated once numbers are out).

view DON 2 movie stills
view DON 2 movie stills

As is the case with most SRK starrers, DON 2 has ruled the overseas grossing $9.50 m till Thursday (29th December). The film has grossed $2.6 m from US, $1.6 m from UK, $2.1 m from the Middle East, apart from many other countries, the collections of which are still to be received. 

CHECK OUT: Post DON 2 success, Farhan earns his break

As is known, the worldwide rights of DON 2 were procured by Reliance Entertainment for Rs.80 crore (excluding print and publicity), out of which 36 crore have already been recovered from satellite rights and 9 crores from audio rights. As the stats clearly indicate, it is but a formality to state that DON 2 is clear hit that still has a lot of firepower left (given the perceptible second weekend trends!). 

The only new release of the week, former IPS officer Y.P. Singh's KYA YAHI SACH HAI, has opened to poor collections of below 10 percent and has negligible chances at the ticket window. 

the same glamsham who had given just 1 star 2 DON2🤣

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MoonDesir thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
saw this movie yesterday in theater.. must say luved the twist and thrills.kikkass 😛 take a bow farhan. SRK was damn good.👍🏼
pria4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: destinied_2_b

Ok my don 2 review :P,

Don's cool and languid entry on the speed boat Goshhh It was so damm stylish man!!!

When he exclaimed damm abhi mujhe boat khudh hi chalana parega, u could'nt help bt smile '..

He is demure, he is cocky, he is glamorous ..n he is THE DON!!!

''yahan ka sabse achha Italian restaurant konsa hai'.spaghetti with red wine :P

He has got some nerve man!!1

Smoke swirls around his face in a circular motion, he lazily flexes the ''D'' tattoo on his biceps, his dreadlocks blow in the wind and the piercing eyes peek above the RayBeans '''.i was gawking at the screen by then '

All the one-liners said by ofcourse Don r classic !!!He watches tom n jerry with a smile, n also plans a murder in cold blood'..when cornered he refuses to go down his knees when conered for that would stain his white trousers'

As I have said before he is deliciously wicked. '..wickedly charming'charmingly sexy..n sexily twisted..

Don shared a sizzling chemistry with his junglee billi'.SRK PC were Awesome together'their spunk and a crackling chemistry spice's up the movie'Boman Irani ,Lara Dutta, Kunal all do a gr8 job.. Bt SRK just steals The show man ..SRK Makes Don!!!!!

The plot was super ..interesting n engaging hats of to Farhan again, he is extremely talented'

Action scene and techniques were bang on '

The HR special appearance was wow''n Ending I was much taken in surprise by the twist in the end, bt I guess when it comes Don I should be expecting shocks in the end hehe

N again coming 2 don , I cannot still get over him :P he is evil, he is wicked bt is jealous of his jungle billi's lover.. he is unbelievingly charming man'..

You Love him

You can Hate Him

But Definitely not Ignore him'..

superlike to this review!!! i agree with each n every word written...👏

SRK as DON is the meanie everyone wud luv to fall in luv with...the dialogue towards the end when Lara asks him abt Roma n so cunningly Don replies,' buri aadat ho chuki hai woh meri...chod nayi sakta" was like a cherry on the cake😳😉

pooja-menon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Don 2 Second Biggest First Week Grosser Ever In US

Saturday 31st December 2011 09.30 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Don 2 has emerged with the second biggest ever total for an Indian film in US as it grossed $2.65 million. It is the biggest first week ever for a Shahrukh Khan starrer in US as My Name Is Khan grossed $2.59 million.

Three Idiots has the biggest first week total in US with around $3 million over its first four days.

Don 2 has the advantage of New Years weekend this week and is likely to emerge the second biggest grossing Hindi film ever with a possible lifetime business of $4.25-$4.50 million.

AishMinoz thumbnail
Zoom poll:movie of the year
don2:6127 votes
ready:1997
singham:1780
BG:1099
ZNMD:928

Edited by aiswaryaaa - 12 years ago
AishMinoz thumbnail

Don 2 adds another feather to Shah Rukh Khan's cap

Meena Iyer, TNN | Dec 31, 2011, 11.59AM IST
Read More:Shah Rukh Khan|Don 2
Tweet
Shah Rukh Khan

Reliance Entertainment and Excel Entertainment's " Don 2" got a spectacular opening worldwide on December 23. As the first week business closed, new box-office records were established.

The film's been appreciated by audiences all over and it collected an enviable amount in the domestic market. The film has also registered better collections than SRK's Diwali release "Ra.One" in many foreign markets according to the producers of "Don 2" - a claim that has been substantiated by reliable trade sources.

"Don 2" is now the highest grossing SRK film in the first week in North America. It's also the third highest grossing Hindi film in Australia and New Zealand and is said to be only behind "3 Idiots" and "My Name Is Khan". It has also broken records in Pakistan. Trade guru Taran Adarsh says it will be among the top five overseas grossers of all time.

It has held steady at the box office even on weekdays. Taran adds, "Not only has the film romped home, SRK has got tremendous appreciation for his portrayal as Don.'' Says director Farhan Aktar, "We attempted a new kind of Indian action film with "Don 2". I'm thrilled that it's gone down so well with the audience and at the phenomenal response."

While Don's dushmans tried to bring the film down, they should have known, Don ke box office numbers ko rokna mushkil hi nahi, namumkin hai. The audience's love for Don is evident all across the globe; people are referring to SRK as Don wherever he goes and are mouthing the dialogues. Don's anti-hero traits and panache have left the audience wanting more. "Don 3" is already being keenly anticipated.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Don-2-adds-another-feather-to-Shah-Rukh-Khans-cap/articleshow/11303746.cms

pooja-menon thumbnail
Films Production Week Weekly Domestic Total Theatres
Don 2 Ritesh Sidhwani, Shah Rukh Khan, Farhan Akhtar 1 75.32 Cr 75.32 Cr 2151
Mission : Impossible Ghost Protocol Tom Cruise, J J Abrams, Bryan Burk 2 2.67 Cr 26.89 Cr 720
The Dirty Picture Ekta Kapoor, Shobha kapoor 4 1.39 Cr 74.93 Cr 348
Ladies VS Ricky Bahl Aditya Chopra 3 80.16 L 32.35 Cr 266
Rockstar Shree Ashtavinayak, Eros International 7 14.59 L 67.04 Cr 32
Desi Boyz Deepak Jalan, Hrishita Bhatt 5 12.43 L 42.32 Cr 41
College Girl Suresh Jain 1 1.12 L 1.12 L 5
Lanka BVG Films 3 61.66 K 55.39 L 6
Loot Shabir Boxwala, Anup Gandhi 8 31.90 K 3.71 Cr 3
RA.One Gauri Khan 9 20.68 K 107.10 Cr 2
Force Vipul Shah 13 17.63 K 26.09 Cr 1
Rascals Sanjay Dutt, Vinay Choksey 12 14.52 K 32.57 Cr 1
Tell Me O Kkhuda Hema Malini 9 9.65 K 1.13 Cr 1
Faraar?On The Run Asmita Nahar 2 9.06 K 57.75 K
pooja-menon thumbnail

Don 2 Heads For 17-18 Crore Second Weekend

Saturday 31st December 2011 16.30 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Don 2 is set to have a very strong second weekend as collections were very good on Friday with many places having collections better than Thursday. The second Friday collections are around 4.25-4.50 crore nett. Many multiplexes had better collections than Thursday while single screens were lower.

The drop is around 65-70% from its first day but that is very good compared to the drops seen in 2011 for major films.

Saturday and Sunday should show good growth and the weekend should head towards a 17-18 crore nett total which would give Don 2 the second best second weekend of 2011 after Ready.

pooja-menon thumbnail
taran_adarsh taran adarsh
#Don2 Week 1 Rs 75.32 cr. Week 2 Fri Rs 4.44 cr. Total: Rs 79.76 cr nett.
NautankiSaali17 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7
Gr8 to see DON 2 holding such good figures even in the second weekend...good enough for all the detractors to shut the hell up !