pooja-menon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 12 years ago

Don 2 Marches On

by Shabdita Shrivastav (December 30, 2011)

Last week, Don 2 booked its niche as the third-highest grosser of 2011. With no big release this week, the Shah Rukh Khan-starrer continues to hold its own as it moves into its second week. The only film that released today was Y P Singh's Kya Yahi Sach Hai, which opened in a few circuits only. The film, which impressed neither tradewallahs nor the audience, went unnoticed at the box office.

In Mumbai, Rajesh Thadani of Multimedia Combines says, "Don 2 earned Rs 75 crore all over India in its first week. In Mumbai, its first week collections were around Rs 25 crore. Since there is no big release this week, Don 2 will have an edge at the ticket windows. Kya Yahi Sach Hai took an opening of 5 per cent."

According to Ajay Bagbai of Rajvi Trade Link in Gujarat, "In week one, Don 2 earned Rs 5-6 crore in the Gujarat region while all- India nett collections were Rs 70-75 crore. In its second week too, we are expecting the film to do collect Rs 2-3 crore in Gujarat and Rs 20-25 crore across India."

The SRK-starrer left its mark in Delhi-UP as well, and collections amounted to Rs 14 crore in week one. Sanjay Ghai of Mukta Arts adds, "In its second week, we are expecting Don 2 to do business of approximately Rs 5 crore. The weekend, especially Sunday, will receive a very good response from the audience. Kya Yahi Sach Hai is not worth talking about."

In Punjab, Surendra Saluja of Lakshya Movies remarks, "Don 2 will run house full this weekend as well as the film has generated a great response from the audience. It will do business of Rs 1.5-2 crore in its second week. No films released this week in our circuit."

In West Bengal, Sunil Singh of Aum Movies adds, "In its first week, Don 2 received a very good response. Its second week business is expected to be around Rs 3 crore in the Bengal region."

Don 2 will continue its good run in CI too. Monto Aditya Choksey of Morya Arts reveals, "With no big release this week, Don 2 is strong at the box office. The film is doing well in A-class centres and multiplexes and will enjoy a good second weekend as well. It will generate great revenue."

In CP, Sarang Chandak of Shri Rang Films concludes, "The collections of Don 2 are Rs 4 crore so far and the film has received a thumping response. It will continue to enjoy a good run at the ticket window this weekend."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
This content was originally posted by: LifeOLicious

SRK should diversify and do films with different directors and productions. He has nothing to lose now...at least that's how I feel. Not sure what SRK is thinking. He needs to stop wanting to be the KING of BO! His time is done...let Sallu have his days...it will be over for him soon too! SRK should know that he is a better actor than Sallu! His obsession with this KING title needs to go go go! He will become insane if he is going to be so competitive and people will bash him so much if his movies don't do as well as expected! It's best to let go...and do something different!

I am a big Aamir pankha and I love Sallu and his antics LOL and really do not like SRK...but when SRK is good I think he is awesome...Mohan Bhargav will be forever my favorite hero! and I love him as Don (a bit more evil please! no kinkiness with chicks next time!) 😃

I think he's moving in the right direction...considering films with Vishal, Anurag. Hopefully they work out.. As much as I dislike Rohit Shetty's films, it's also something new for SRK...As for YRF's, he's returning to them after years and it was Yash Chopra directing.. I think SRK can't say no to them because he hasn't forgotten the fact that he is a superstar because of them.

SRK needs to be kind of like Vidya in some ways..let Salman, Aamir have their time, and do performance-oriented movies... It's okay if they're not ATBB's as long as appreciation is there. I remember back in 2007, Akki was delivering hit after hit and was called the new King but it was SRK who had the last laugh with CDI.

I love love love Mohan Bhargava..everything about him. Pity the movie flopped. I badly want a Mohan Bhargava type of role again..when is it going to happen??
NautankiSaali17 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7
This content was originally posted by: chocolover89

Nice article :) Thanks for posting Aish! For SRK, it's kinda become like if its not 100 crores its flop. Didn't beat Bodyguard it's flop movie. Almost like poor Sachin, who can make 70-90 odd runs but its just not good enough because its not that century..😕 

I think Don 2's done quite well for a film without a hit soundtrack to attract single screens, with SRK who's coming out of the huge backlash he got for Ra.One, it's not the desi masala action that's doing so well right now, very low-key promotions so essentially this movie was riding on WOM.

Hmm and yeah SRK hasn't done "his forte" romance films for a long time now. RNBDJ was a good 3 years back and that movie was only made to save YRF because all their films were flopping. That SRK-Katrina-Anushka film has a good chnace of breaking records. Yash Chopra + SRK at Diwali has yet to fail  *touchwood* + Katrina + AR Rehman as the music director! BO-wise its a great combo...

I couldnt agree more Himani...you penned down my thoughts again ðŸ˜ƒ
Aish, very well written article...thanks for sharing !
Himani and LifeO : wonderful discussion going on...I liked reading it all and agree with you guys as well...
SRK does not need to prove his star power anymore, its not like he owes it to anyone...he has been here for 20 years now, he has already done some crappy movies, some hammy movies and some really outstanding performance oriented movies...so he needs to experiment more and there is no harm in it...let detractors spread negativity...its their job to criticize someone not to bring down anyone just because they have the power to write...but let them all go to Hell...

I have watched Swades so many times, his portrayal of Mohan was sooo heart touching...I want him to do something like that more often or something on that line...thats why I am really hopeful that the movies with Vishal and Anurag kashyap works out, though we have no idea about it whatsoever...I am still confident that they will be able to bring out something different from SRK 
cinema-goer thumbnail
I am thinking he will start working smaller films not BIG BUDGET..and yes with vishal, kasyhap etc..I think KJO ship sailed ..He did not tweet once during Don release only did After it had definite Hit status which srk ignored..sad to see geting over..But I never liked KJo..he is big opportunist out there and gives false praises  so much..he is epitome of fakery..hopefully he starts reading scripts than trusting people..apparently Amir is doing a better job in choosing scripts..
Edited by cinema-goer - 12 years ago
^^ yeah Aamir is doing a Better job in selecting scripts...all the multi-starrers like 3Idiots and RDB were blockbusters only and only coz of their brilliant screenplay and direction...thats why I dislike the fact that the credit always goes to AK alone and others are just considered side actors ðŸ¤”...anyways thats altogether a different story but yeah I agree SRK should start working with different directors !
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Aamir has the best script sense of the 3 Khans. Barring the horrendously awful Ghajini, in the past 5 or so years, he has chosen films with good scripts.

Edited by chocolover89 - 12 years ago
-SalShah4eva- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
u guys are having awesome discussion on SRK me loving it lol and i totally agree too
the good thing is..SRK works with Yash ji not every year but after few year which is fine with me:) 

-SalShah4eva- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
yeah like somebody said he should start doing low budget movies but i guess thats not happening but anyways..whatever if he's doing movie i dont his movie to be expensive like Ra one see movie failed too
actually what I think somebody needs to write a good script n worked on the script for a year this way..they can sit n talk abt the script this way..u get more time to work on the script n it wil turn out good too..Nowadays I think they just write script they dont think😒
^^Exactly...waise bhi they are so running behind making remakes these days that there is hardly any originality left ðŸ¤”
and Ra.One failed more due to horrendous script not the concept IMHO...I dont know what was SRK thinking while bringing Abhinav on board ðŸ˜³

but yeah any decent script with no big banner backing will work no matter what...look at Udaan ...