Posted: 12 years ago
Watched Don 2 last night and was thoroughly entertained.

10 of us went to watch it, the youngest being my 6 year old nephew who at the end said 'Dons so clever'! Everyone loved the movie.  It was cleverly and slickly made with lots of twists which kept you entertained throughout. Kudos to Farhan Akhtar.

Shah Rukh was brilliant as Don. I think no one does 'bad' like he does. He had us eating out of his hand and rooting for him all the way. And he really looked good too.

I thought Priyanka was perfect in her role. I loved the banter between her and Don and I loved the fact that Roma is probably the weak spot that Don has in his armour.

Boman and Lara both did a good job. Lara looked stunning in the movie. Hritiks special appearance was a nice surprise. He and Priyanka looked amazing together in their scene and now Im looking forward to Agneepath.

I dont think that in this sort of movie you need too many songs. Saying that 'Zara Tham lo' had me tapping my feet.

At the end of the movie the whole audience was buzzing. Don had entertained everyone.

Thoroughly recommended.

@taran_adarsh taran adarsh
#Don2 Monday *estimates*: Hindi - 7.71 cr, Tamil - 10 lacs, Telugu - 20 lacs. Total: 8.01 cr nett. Fri to Mon total: Rs 56.97 cr nett.
11 minutes ago via web

#Don2 circuit-wise Mon: Mumbai 2.4 cr, Delhi-UP 1.5 cr, Punjab 65 lacs, Mysore 60 lacs, Bengal 45 lacs, Nizam 54 lacs, CP 31 lacs ... contd
5 minutes ago via web

#Don2 circuit-wise Mon: CI 25 lacs, Rajasthan 43 lacs, Bihar 20 lacs, Assam 7 lacs, Orissa 6 lacs, TNK 21 lacs, Nepal 4 lacs.
4 minutes ago via web
Originally posted by LifeOLicious

here is my short review:

Don 2 is a well made and well acted film but the writing could have been soo much better! The characters were a bit blah...I wanted SRK to be more evil!
But he ended up likable and funny! My friend said like Jack Sparrow! hehe!

PC had to give one expression all through the movie. Lara had a more interesting role! The characters needed something more...overall good watch!

And oh ya Hrithik looked hottt...he got ooohs and aaahs from the audience hehe!

Lifo  ..I know u watched MNIK ..so tell me which you liked more?? Or which entertained you more..cause i never dared to watch it..i could see LOT of hamming by kajol and srk in that movie..
^Oh this one is waaayyy better! MNIK starts well but sucks later. SRK is in his element in this film. PC and SRK should do another movie where PC can do more than just give him stares :P

Happy to see Don made 7.7 cr on Monday! Hoping this one will be a ATBB 😃
Edited by LifeOLicious - 12 years ago
Originally posted by goneforever

I liked that Lara was the Don's messenger and moll, but anyone could have done that role!  I guess she was looking for something that was less time intensive.  Her pairing with SRK is awkward!  Perhaps because of her height?!  😆

I think both PC and Lara did not have much to do. Anyone could have done their roles. PC def had more chem with SRK. Lara and SRK did not have much going on. But Lara's character def was more interesting as she did a few different things other than give SRK stares :P I was expecting to see more action from PC and a fight scene with SRK but :-(
Don 2 - I enjoyed this very, very much. SRK looks absolutely amazing! Definitely better than how he looked in his recent years. There are plot holes, but the movie was so enjoyable I overlooked them! The action was really sleek and damn awesome! Wasn't bored for a second! 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=T-MNVjb4iy8
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=T-MNVjb4iy8[/YOUTUBE]
Top Monday Collections 2011 (Updated)

Tuesday 27th December 2011 09.00 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

The top Monday collections for 2011 are as follows. Bodyguard and Ready lead by a distance.

1. Bodyguard - 8.64 crore

2. Ready - 8.02 crore

3. Don 2 - 7.20 crore approx

4. Singham - 5.98 crore

5. Ra.One - 5.83 crore

6. Rockstar - 5.34 crore

7. The Dirty Picture - 5.12 crore

8. Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara - 5.10 crore

9. Delhi Belly - 4.40 crore

10. Double Dhamaal -3.90 crore

Don 2 Monday Territorial Breakdown

Tuesday 27th December 2011 12.00 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Don 2 (Hindi) grossed more than the earlier estimates as it grossed around 7.25 crore nett and did better in West Bengal and South than the Hindi belts. The all India drop from Friday is 50% The territorial breakdown of business on Monday is as follows.

Mumbai - 2.35 crore

Delhi/UP - 1.45 crore

East Punjab - 63 lakhs

West Bengal - 40 lakhs

Bihar - 16 lakhs

Assam/Orissa - 12 lakhs

CP Berar - 30 lakhs

CI - 25 lakhs

Rajasthan - 40 lakhs

Nizam - 45 lakhs

Mysore - 52 lakhs

Tamil Nadu/Kerala - 17 lakhs

TOTAL - 7.20 crore

7.25 is for sure avery good number now if today also steady then the film will cross 100cr mark .