tomnjerry2 thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 12 years ago

okay thn u both fyt it out who has more fans SRK or Salman or Aamir in BBSR !!! πŸ˜›πŸ€£

Keep---------------Smiling !!!😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AishMinoz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Rehan
chaamir khan z hilarious 🀣
AishMinoz thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: livelygal

I guess ma friends are the demented lot then!
In ma whole batch only 3 of us love SRK...Da rest of them like *Ahem Ahem*
But surprisingly most of them went for DON2 First show today! UNPREDICTABLE much?

most of my friends r SRK fan nahi toh some hollywood guy ...nahi toh no favorite ...
there z one guy in our colg who luvs salman with passion πŸ˜†
Edited by aiswaryaaa - 12 years ago
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Rajeev Masand @RajeevMasand

My review of 'Don 2' ***urlremoved***/7yrbk42 Heist makes waste!

Heist makes waste

Don 2

Rating: 2

December 23, 2011

Cast: Shah Rukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra, Boman Irani, Lara Dutta, Kunal Kapoor, Aly Khan, Om Puri

Director: Farhan Akhtar

In his interviews leading up to the release of Don 2, director Farhan Akhtar has repeatedly said that viewers seeking anything other than pure thrills and entertainment from this film are likely to be disappointed. Going in with strictly those expectations, I'm sorry to report I still came away feeling cheated.

For the film's plot ' which basically involves our flamboyant criminal protagonist (Shah Rukh Khan) assembling a team to pull off a seemingly impossible heist in Berlin ' the makers borrow ideas from some fine capers like Ocean's Eleven and the Mission Impossible movies. Still what they deliver in the end is a clunky and spectacularly boring film that is neither smart nor particularly fun.

Sequel to the 2006 film, which was itself a remake of the 1978 Amitabh Bachchan starrer, Don 2 suffers from lazy writing. This is the kind of film in which a most-wanted international criminal can roam around a prison unsupervised, so he can smuggle deadly chemicals into the premises, and poison the inmates' dinner.

There are ample car chases, explosions, and plot twists; there's a globetrotting adventure that kicks off in Thailand, moves to Malaysia, then unravels in Europe. But what's missing is the slightest hint of urgency or nail-biting tension.  Take that freefall sequence from a Berlin skyscraper; it's shot stylishly and gracefully, but without any of the messy unpredictability it could've done with. Remember that edge-of-the-seat Burj sequence in Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol?

For what's intended as a slick action thriller, Don 2 moves at an unforgivably slow pace. The heist-planning sequences are tedious and repetitive, and involve more talk than action. To be entirely honest, the action itself has a been-there-seen-that feel to it, and some set pieces aren't even competently plagiarized. A scene in which an A-list star makes an uncredited cameo defeats the very intention of the scene, given that the audience is in on the trick from the word go.

Looking leaner, meaner and less androgynous than he did in the earlier film, Shah Rukh Khan is expectedly the driving force of Don 2. With a cocky swagger and a mischievous smile, the actor delivers cheesy dialogue that belongs in a school play. The bedrock of a good heist film is the interaction between its team, but Shah Rukh towers above his comrades, giving them precious little to do. Boman Irani returns as Don's nemesis Vardhan, who has been enlisted to help him on the new job. Lara Dutta is his fetching moll, Kunal Kapoor a hacker handpicked for the assignment, and Aly Khan an influential banker blackmailed into volunteering his services.

Priyanka Chopra, on the other side of the moral divide, is Interpol officer Roma, who has some unfinished business with Don. Their scenes together offer some of the film's most unintentionally comical moments, and while Priyanka looks the part of the ass-kicking tough-chick, the script seldom lets her fly with it.

Don 2 is nicely shot, and there are moments where Shah Rukh Khan is riveting. But that's not enough to hold your interest for well over two hours'even the actor's most loyal fans will find themselves yawning. I'm going with a generous two out of five for director Farhan Akhtar's Don 2. Although packed with fast cars and bikes, this is one slow ride.

Edited by uk-dhakaboy - 12 years ago
AishMinoz thumbnail
^who z the critic btw???
can u plz  post  d link???
tomnjerry2 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: aiswaryaaa

@Rehan

chaamir khan z hilarious 🀣

yeppp  n his dp too !!!🀣🀣

Keep--------------Smiling !!!😊
TheLastCarnival thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Masand gave it 2 stars????

*DRUM ROLL*

DON2 is a GOOD MOVIE! Dis guy trashes all class movies and says movies like MI4 which is one bundle of ******** is great!

the promos look awesome, can't wait to watch this movie πŸ₯³ liked Don1 too ... will read the reviews now
tomnjerry2 thumbnail
Rajeev Masand aish !!!πŸ˜†

Keep-------------Smiling !!!😊
mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
My friend just told me "if you think SRK looked hot in CDI youre gnna die watching him in Don2" hahaahh bring it onnn πŸ˜ β˜ΊοΈ