Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cinema-goer thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
who cares..they were thrown everything that is possible..they did survive and did not let it damper their promotion..they should do though..it will be a great and the promotion will be rocking..waiting for zee awards now
tomnjerry2 thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 8
am just talking abt the possible scenario but the way it was said they r feeding the rumors was jst erm...stupid.. anyways not the topic to talk this  !!!๐Ÿ˜†

Keep---------------Smiling !!!๐Ÿ˜Š
NautankiSaali17 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: chocolover89

Press previews happen on Thursday..so nothing yet from them. But supposedly they're contract bound to not post their review until Friday. Masand is a late lateef anyways so I doubt he cares ๐Ÿ˜† Sen usually hints something after watching the movie..even if its very subtle and indirect.  

Kruti...I've tweeted Farhan and them about it, but no response. People who've seen it say 2 hours 25 mins :/ I don't understand why they would cut out 40 mins from 2D version. ๐Ÿ˜• If it says the same for you, it can't be a typo for my theater..

Thanks you2 for changing the title :)

Himani, Its 2 hours and 25 mins confirmed by a friend of mine in SRK FC, she saw the movie in UK and also I checked the AMC and regal websites again...both 2D and 3D have the same timings 2 hrs 25 mins ๐Ÿ˜›
so ya that is the original running time for the movie which is pretty long coz there is only one song in the movie...so excited! 
Originally posted by: cinema-goer

This is treat for his fans..they were battered by Ra.one and even Mnik ..i was his staunch hater..but did not want him go down ..when he has so much potential..he cud hav done amirs 3i easily ..but his script sense is worst..or shall i say his people sense(kjo,adi ) is worst..he better work with hirani,vishal  and others who can draw a fab performance..

and his muddy promotion tactics..i hate them so much..its a relief that he did not pull those here..Good job farhan and ritesh in controlling him..

hey cinema-goer have been reading your posts for sometime now...you are always genuine and never biased...happy to read soem genuine bollywood fan and why I quoted this post, well I do agree with your point about SRK script choice...I hope he makes wise choices coz he has pretty good and young directors lined up to sign him but the point I disagree is about MNIK and Ra.One...the movies had flawed script no doubt...but I loved his performance in MNIK...he was pretty good in the first half anf Ra.One was fine as well...
and ya must agree that gotta love excel entertainment for promoting this movie only upto the point...๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
AishMinoz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Movie Review: Don 2
Reviewed By: DailyBhaskar.com   |   Last Updated 00:06(23/12/11)
Comment |  

Movie Name:Don 2
Critic Rating:
Viewer Rating:
Click here to vote
Click here to vote
Star Cast:Shah Rukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra, Lara Dutta, Om Puri, Kunal Kapoor, Boman Irani, Nawab Shah, and Alyy Khan.
Director:Farhan Akhtar.
Producer:Shah Rukh Khan, Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani.
Music Directer:Loy Mendonca, Shankar Mahadevan and Ehsaan Noorani.
Genre:Action, Thriller.
Story

Story: After ditching the cops five years ago by becoming an indisputable don of Asian underworld, the story of Don (Shah Rukh Khan) goes ahead, initially by surrendering to cops Malik (Om Puri) and Roma (Priyanka Chopra) in Malaysia, with a certain motive. His aim is steal the money making plates from a bank whose source can only be traced through safety deposit box in Switzerland, preserved by Singhania (Rajesh Khattar) who was killed in the prequel Don. The only man who can take him to the deposit box now, is Vardhan (Boman Irani) who is in the Malaysian jail. As soon as he sets himself and Vardhan free, he is on the mission to conquer European underworld with an aim to fetch the plates from the bank. Now, how will Don accomplish his task with the help of Sameer Ali (Kunal Kapoor), Jabbar (Nawab Shah) and his sweetheart Lara (Lara Dutta) is the rest of the story.

Story Treatment: Shah Rukh Khan compels one to leave the bitter memories of Ra. One behind and experience an exhilarating ride with Don 2. Hollywood style crisp action sequences and different avatars of SRK, prisoner and eventually ultra-classy Don keep the spectator busy. The story picks up pace in the post interval portions with tremendous suspense value related to Kunal Kapoor. The vulnerable love sequence between SRK and Priyanka also commands for appreciation in terms how it brings the necessary twist in the story which can be called the forte of Farhan Akhtar as a story-writer.

Star Cast: The unmatchable charisma of Shah Rukh Khan with ultra-stylish dialogue delivery makes Don 2, worth a watch for one and all. Priyanka Chopra is at her best towards the climax switching lanes between helpless lover and revengeful cop. Lara Dutta plays her part well in the special appearance. Boman Irani is at ease with his character and plays it with no room for  flaws. Kunal Kapoor gives a fine performance as an integral part. Alyy Khan as Vice-President of the bank looks classy and does justice to his role. Nawab Khan too is good.

Direction: Farhan Akhtar yet again shows his brilliance as a director. Barring few loopholes which can be neglected like Vardhan (Boman) despite in the hitlist of police gets an easy entry into the bank is highly indigestible, Don 2 impresses at various stages. The theft sequence is amazing shot with no room for technical goof-ups especially the way SRK escapes the inside chamber with plates in his bag.

Music/ Cinematography/ Dialogues/Editing: Music has less role to play in Don 2 with just title song in the film and promotional one in the climax. Cinematography is mind-boggling matching up to the standards of Hollywood. Ditto for editing which complements the camera moves and further strengthens the narration. Dialogues as mentioned earlier are classy and impactful.

3 Ups and 3 Downs:  Shah Rukh Khan, direction, cinematography, dialogues and editing are the strong points. Lack of songs subtracting down the Bollywood masala element from the film which was prevalent in Don, sluggish screenplay in first half are the weak points.

On the whole, Don 2 is a perfect combination of style with substance. Definitely a one-time watch for one and all and treat for SRK fans.

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/ENT-movie-review-don-2-2665399.html

not bad

AishMinoz thumbnail

DalvinderDhami1 Dalvinder 
just watched don 2 it was wicccked srk and pc smasheddd it congrats to the whole team ofdon...
3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
sachimaster Sachi Master 
Just saw Don 2, what a brilliantly thought off and made movie. 2011 movies are full of surprises! @FarOutAkhtar you are the cutest!
4 minutes ago 

CrackedJassim Jassim 

Watched Don 2, good movie. Watch if you've bucks and time!
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

BollywoodJ Bollywood Journal 
Shahrukh Khan's 'Don 2' Storms UK : goo.gl/xVcbL #shahrukhkhan #don2
3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

SunirKheterpal Sunir Kheterpal 
Enjoyed Don 2...style and more style
59 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

chalo so far the WOM looks positive ! 
AishMinoz thumbnail

Maheshbhupathi Mahesh Bhupathi 
Back from the Don 2 screening.. Talk about a slick flick!!@FarOutAkhtar has raised the bar yet again... Bravo.
2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply๐Ÿ˜ƒ
AishMinoz thumbnail
aisha__khan AiSHA RUKH KHAN 
@MachoG1 I WANNA WATCH DON 2 AGAIN!!!!!!! NOW! RIGHT RIGHT NOW!
2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Abu125 Abdulla Mahmood 
Don 2 is easily 1 of India's classiest slick action flick ever on par with Hollywood. SRK- 'The King Is Genuinely Back' in style
2 minutes ago 

Sanoj_PC Sanoj P C 
@FarOutAkhtar Don 2 is awesome.. Crowd going wild here in Dubai!!!!
2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

vinitakripalani Vinita Kripalani 
@iamsrk DON 2 ! U rock. Saw in 2D. Will c in 3D. ( Movie cld hv been slicker though). God bless .
13 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

I dont trust initial tweets and reviews...but I dont care, I'm still gonna dance