Posted: 12 years ago
woohooo awesome reviews... im jumping with excitement at work !!!😆🥳
I can't wait to watch it! I don't think I have ever been this excited about a SRK movie but he looks so effing sinister in the trailers...I loved it! Hopefully on Christmas day or day after will watch it!Seems like it is doing really well! *yay*
Edited by LifeOLicious - 12 years ago
kamaalrkhan Kamaal R Khan - KRK
First half of Don2 finished and its fantastic. World class stunts. @priyankachopra rocks. She is as big as SRK. @FarOutAkhtar

amul_mohan Amul Mohan
#DON2 packs a solid punch!!! @iamsrk kills it!

finally a sticky Thanks 👍🏼
So PC is not getting great reviews..one of the 2 or 3 good actresses we have..😔

It might seem to many that I have suddenly turned against PC..I too sometimes wonder  why iam angry with her..I don't feel strongly about any actress..

I am not against beauty treatments at all..I absolutely understand if a young starlet does surgeries in the hope of making it big..or ageing stars getting face lifts,nip tucks etc.

But it is beyond me why stars in their twenties(Kangana,PC Kat) who have become huge  stars ..loved by all..MESS with their Faces..WHY WHY😡.

PC's face looks as though she has mumps ..so swollen it is.I watched her on ZOOM..the left part of her upper lip is fuller than the right..she covers her face with her hair these days..That Madhureeta who was interviewing her ..you should see HER Michael Jackson nose GRR...

Imagine Anushka or Sonam with big lips..Deepika with Kangana like boobs or a new nose...would any fan like that?
SOme twitter comments..

@priyankachopra you were superb in #don2 , love ur unique connection with #don2 , mind blowing acting ,congratss

@priyankachopra PC don't you worry about #don2 already watched it yesterday.. its gonna be BIG...its more like Hollywood movie, #stylish

@priyankachopra yeah i watched the Movie Don2.The movie was brilliant,fantastic, ,etc..U were stunning , marvelous, i m spell bound.

@kamaalrkhan: First half of Don2 finished and its fantastic. World class stunts. @priyankachopra rocks. She is as big as SRK."😆

@iamsrk @priyankachopra @FarOutAkhtar Watched first day first show. 'AWESOME MOVIE' as it was expected:) Congratulations! DON2 team.

@iamsrk @priyankachopra @FarOutAkhtar Abhi dil nahi bhara,goin 2 watch again,Farhan u r absolutely brilliant,Njoyd Don's relation w/ Roma.

@RealHarishSarma @iamsrk @priyankachopra #don2 King is already creating havoc, bak with a bang n da jungli billi is supporting well:)!!

Best thing abt #don2 is u dont hv to leave your brain behind.End of tapoori entertainment. #Don 2 is true world class movie with desi flavor

@RealHarishSarma @iamsrk @priyankachopra #don2..tried best to get couple of tickets, shows r housefull till sunday in chennai..hv to wait:(

@iamsrk @priyankachopra u both rocked, want 2 c u both more often,m still dreaming abt d movie.how do u guys feel as DON2 journey completes?

Edited by cinema-goer - 12 years ago
ShahRukhKhanFC Shah Rukh Khan Fans
RT @sunnymalik Loving Don2 in 3D. First screening in London.
FavoriteRetweetReply
RT @JayJay_Ahmed: #Don2 absoultly amazing!! OMG!! @iamsrk you've done it again!! Amazing!! Just Amazing!!!
FavoriteRetweetReply
RT @HarikaC Bollywood signs off 2011 spectacularly w #Don2 It exceeded my expectations by far and I had very high expectations 2 start with!
FavoriteRetweetReply 

RT @faryaalahmed Don 2 was insanely mind-blowing, even the audience was outsmarted loved it
FavoriteRetweetReply 

😛

Keep--------------Smiling !!!😊
Edited by tomnjerry2 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by Salma2

Theater was 80% full, (usa)and wom is positive..
It already released in the US?
another user review..his opinion,but counts..(warning..too many spoilers)

DON 2

Cast:  Shahrukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra, Boman Irani,Om Puri

Directed  by Farhan Akhtar

Music by Shankar Ehsaan Loy

It was back in 2006 that Farhan Akhtar came up with a remake for the Amitabh hit, Don, which according to me, was just a gimmick to sell off a climax which Akhtar Jr. presumed to be a smart one. Not many agreed with Farhan back then, but everyone did seem keen to have the director and his star Shahrukh back for a Don sequel to set things right.

Don 2, therefore, is not only a much anticipated sequel, but also a film which many would believe would be the perfect Xmas gift to an industry that is still waiting for that big hit that would please the fans and the critics alike.

The story picks up nearly five years after the events of the earlier film, where the dreaded 'Don' (Shahrukh Khan) finds himself in a tricky position. Not only is he still on the 'Most Wanted' List of the international police, he is also put up on the 'Want Him Dead' list by the rest of the mafia cartels as well. So our man decides that he needs to scheme out a plan, just enough to get rid of both these problems, and be rich (and also something that would make audiences interested in a sequel)!

So Farhan Akhtar inserts the character of Don into a bank heist scenario. Don decides to infiltrate a top bank in Germany and for this he manages to assemble a team which includes his old foe Vardhan (Boman Irani), his kitty bombshell Ayesha (Lara Dutta), a system hacker Sameer  (Kunal Kapoor), and a bunch of goons headed by Jabbar (Nawwab Shah).

Let  the mission begin. And the mission gets interesting because hot on their heels are the cops fromIndia' 'junglee billi' Roma (Priyanka Chopra), her doting colleague Arjun (Sahil Shroff) and the now retired Inspector Malick (Om Puri).

Hence Farhan, who goes about essentially making a sequel about a mafia king on the run, is content to settle in for a standard bank heist thriller, eventually over cooking it to the point of a hostage action. This genre defying stunt is not always a bad thing, if handled deftly. However Akhtar fails to do that with this sequel.

Neither the writers (the trio of Farhan Akhtar, Ameet Mehta, Amrish Shah) nor the viewers are sure as to what to make of the title character. Blurring the lines of the protagonist and the antagonist, we have to root for a narcissistic bad boy. Except for the fact that it is played by the popular King Khan, there ain't much redeeming qualities about the man. We are asked to accept that he is the best because he keeps talking and singing praises of his every move, his every tactic, his every thought!

Don's so-called brilliant plans include getting his rival out of prison to retrieve a hidden key, which would eventually enable him to blackmail a leading bank official. This would further assist him in getting the details of an object that he intends to steal from the bank, only to blast his way through with the help of his team, with bombs, guns and detonators. All this, after sneaking into the bank using hi-tech hacking techniques. Does it all make sense? Probably not, but you don't ask questions to the Don ' for is not he the man with the plan?

Farhan Akhtar uses techniques and gadgets used and abused by the Bonds and Ethan Hunts of the celluloid. While they have gone about raising the bar with each installment, Farhan Akhtar and SRK seem to be still trying to catch up with them. So essentially everything that Bollywood tries to do with Don, Hollywoodhas already done that. But we still try, and the audience has to give in to that. So even if they pull in a face mask stunt (to insert a top star cameo), we are not to raise our reservations on how they got the voice and physical attributes to change as well, right? I thought so too!

We could do away with logic if it was meant to be a fun ride. But unfortunately they do not play it out on that tone either. Things are seriously and blandly played out for most of the first half, and never do we think that Don is any Danny Ocean having fun while he pulls off a near impossible heist. Instead, we are limited to some one-liners from Khan which he presumes is witty.

The second half does get interesting when you realize that that there are going to be glitches in the plan. However the cops step in, and you realize that Akhtar is just tactically dragging us with one excuse or the other, to the inevasible climax (much like the original). If only it was smart as he think it is!

The humour here is unintentional, and you get plenty of that in the second half. The cops in the film takes centre stage to blurt out absurd dialogues one after that other. Some of the ones that Om Puri and Priyanka deliver would have you chuckling away. You also  get this feeling that Farhan Akhtar was busy holidaying somewhere in Spain every time Priyanka steps in with her lame 'kick ass cop' act.

The film obviously works on how much of Shahrukh one can endure. You do realize that there is no attempt at getting into the skin of any character here. Shahrukh would go about hamming away, grinding his teeth, pulling off a swaggering walk while seemingly sneering away at his own punch dialogues. He seems content doing it all, even pit stopping for a romantic lover boy act amidst blazing guns, as if throwing in a combo offer for his female fans. How sweet!

Looking at how Priyanka has handled the character of Roma, you know why the cops are unable to track down a criminal like Don over the years. She plays it like a rookie college dropout rather than the chief investigating officer that she is supposed to be. Boman Irani and Om Puri, despite being bundles of talents, are made to play out caricatures. Kunal is just about ok , whereas Lara Dutta manages to impress in the little scenes that she gets to chew on. Sadly, the writers were unable to find a fitting slot for her in the script.

Farhan Akhtar is undoubtedly a fine director if you go by his works in his debut Dil Chahta Hai and his follow up Lakshya. However he seems wanting when it comes to the action genre and it clearly is highlighted in the Don original and in this sequel too. Focusing on a slick treatment, the film lacks any emotional core, and ends up a hollow but impressive looking assignment. With the entire Germany at his disposal, cinematography from Jason West (Rock on) is noteworthy, gloss and gleam intact. And as for action sequences, effort has been made to make them stand out from the rest of them. It is a different matter though that there is a mechanical feel to the way it is staged out. The music does not have much of a role to play, and thankfully, the narration does not stop for songs.

Don 2, ultimately, is a disappointment because despite the workings of a top notch action thriller, the script fails to live it up. Moreover, it is unfortunate to see a director like Farhan Akhtar settling in for a safe way out. Though I would not go to the extent of saying Don't to Don 2, it is advisable to keep your expectations low ' pretty low!

Rating:  2.5  / 5

-Joxily John

http://madaboutmoviez.com/2011/12/22/don-2-the-king-is-back-movie-review/

Edited by you2 - 12 years ago
PC looks very stylish...very urban. ..I am disappointed with her acting not looks, something is missing considering the fact her skill level. she is a great actress not only  a glam doll like other 90% bolly actresses in recent times. I hardly notices looks:P