Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cinema-goer thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
posting reviews from ff who saw the film..

Anyhoo, here's my review.

I LOVED it!!

Like Manu, 2nd best film of the year (after ZNMD - This is totally the Akhtars' year!!)

The pluses:
* SRK is HOT. And sexy. And convincing as the bad guy. LOVE it.
* Priyanka does VERY well. Love her in it.
* The action sequences are good.
* The direction was brilliant!!
* The locations were amazing.
* The songs are well placed and mostly carry the story forward.
* No unneeded songs.
* Zara Dil ko thaam lo is really well shot.
* I watched it in 3D and even the 3D effects are better than I had expected. Especially for a film not MADE for 3D if u know what I mean.
* Every other actor was really good in their respective role.
* The special appearance is AWESOME!!!! Loved it!!

A few minuses (and they contain a few spoilers). They are minor minuses so don't bother reading them if u don't want spoilers.

Spoiler: click to toggle

I wanna give it 8/10 which is really good from me. Now it better work at the BO.

When it comes to awards, I hope Farhan Akhtar gets best director . I don't see it getting anything else. SRK will get a best actor nom. In fact he may get popular best actor ones with Ranbir getting critics' ones?

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
^He said the dialogues are the weak point? ๐Ÿ˜• There have been so many tweets about how the dialogues are great..and the audience was whistling at the dialogues in the UK..๐Ÿ˜• 

And the masses won't connect bit scares me..

Oh you2 can you please edit the title and call it Don 2 reviews so people know its the official review thread ? :)
Edited by chocolover89 - 12 years ago
cinema-goer thumbnail
Omg what a sexy film!! Best thriller bwood ever made. Amazing twists and turns! 

Action and cinematography were freaking outstanding!  I'm speechless.

Acting by all was perfect. Boman, kunal and om puri were fab. Pc was sexy with the action and Lara was gorgeous!

Mr special appearance was a sexy surprise!

SRK Is mindblowing! He's truly at his best playing negative roles. Speechless at his performance. Pure brilliance.

Hats off farhan. Best sequel Bollywood ever made!

Second best film this year!
fly2me thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Ahhh!! I. Cannot. Wait.
I tried to book my tickets...and they are sold out..:/ I have to wait. But it'll be worth it. <333
you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
as critics have been asked to post reviews only on Friday..we have to depend on user reviews..

MY most awaited film so will continue to fill the pages๐Ÿ˜›

genuine_analyzer
December 22, 2011 at 10:37 am
Like or Dislike:  0  0
Well yesterday i said that today i'll come up with a genuine(  ) review of don 2..
first of all i agree with naveed bhai..the movie is excellenttt..but i differ from naved's point of view that it is not for masses..it will work at the b centres and will not go un noticed at c centres..opening will be godd..weekdays will be extraordinary..25th december may be historic coz by then WOM will spread..will earn more than ready but not sure about BG..
Now coming on to the movie-
Srk's introductory scene is exceptional.
Intermission is good.
Climax is okโ€ฆ.i dint connect well with it..
Farhan's direction is just hattsss off..
SRK's performance is good not extraordinary.
Movie is lengthy but the pace is excellent..no one will be bored even for a minute.
Lara n Priyanka are just ok ok
BOman is fantastic.
Music is bad..thanx for just 1 song.
my rating-4/5
Will earn a lot of respect for SRK.
UNDOUBTEDLY THE BEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR-no second thoughts about i

mysticgoryfilms thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: chocolover89

Oh okayy! I didn't realize they had done that..some critics say its unethical to post the review before the audience has officially seen the film.

Ahh its going to be a long wait till Friday..or well tomorrow night  ๐Ÿ˜† *fingers crossed* for this one..so badly need a good desi film to watch in this pathetic year.

And the movie has only 1 song...so the music videos were all promotional for sure! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ The Lara one is probably the one in the movie..

Two songs. One is during the end credits.
any hints from the big critics yet? masand, addy, sen, midday critics???
cinema-goer thumbnail
I am hapy that people are giving verdict than some Dumba$% critics..i think they planned very well and ofcourse had a good product in hand..ab critics ka payment bach gaya:)
NautankiSaali17 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7
Ufff... I am super excited for this movie...I am so hoping that this one does not disappoint me at all...btw I like it how public reviews are coming before the CRITICS...though cant trust all the public on twitter but majority of them are pretty much on spot...

@ Himani : I am still confused about the length as well ๐Ÿ˜• I might call AMC and Regal to ask them, but I doubt if they will have any answers...
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: smartie_pants

any hints from the big critics yet? masand, addy, sen, midday critics???

Press previews happen on Thursday..so nothing yet from them. But supposedly they're contract bound to not post their review until Friday. Masand is a late lateef anyways so I doubt he cares ๐Ÿ˜† Sen usually hints something after watching the movie..even if its very subtle and indirect.  

Kruti...I've tweeted Farhan and them about it, but no response. People who've seen it say 2 hours 25 mins :/ I don't understand why they would cut out 40 mins from 2D version. ๐Ÿ˜• If it says the same for you, it can't be a typo for my theater..

Thanks you2 for changing the title :)
Edited by chocolover89 - 12 years ago