Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

How much has the characters really evolved? UPDTD (Page 4)

-MOTHER- IF-Sizzlerz
-MOTHER-
-MOTHER-

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 7:14am | IP Logged
It's been six months.But to be honest the story did not move forward in this 6 months.It started to progress after the kiss miss scene.But now we are back in square one.Arnav-Khushi have become strangers and they have forgotten that they had spent many romantic moments together.
The weakest characterization is of shyam's.It's so sad to see that the negative character has the worst character sketch.Please CV's concentrate on Shyam's character.Otherwise you will fail to grab viewers duribg Shyam revelation track.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

incandescent

incandescent IF-Sizzlerz
incandescent
incandescent

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 9:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by cxw1065

Dear lady,,just a few comments

I agree with you on some points and disagree with you on others.

My main point, I suppose, is that I think that the CVs are taking their time-- they are playing out each storyline in it's own time and allowing everything to develop organically.

Each story is given its due.

Shyam's story is on the back burner for the moment- to allow Lavanya a proper exit.

Everything will come in time I believe; I think that every storyline will play out more slowly, to allow the show not to end too quickly-- one of the biggest mistakes the same PH made in the past was that all the really dhamakedaar storylines were played out too quickly, leaving them scrambling for more and more idiocy

This is why I believe that THIS time round, the CVs are giving each storyline its own little moment in the sun, to allow it to be dealt with appropriately

Remember, each episode is only 20minutes or so long-- each week we only get 1hr 40mins of show.  Each character needs some time to shine, and it can't all happen simultaneously.

Originally posted by incandescent

I agree with so much of what you say about Lavanya.

If La ever comes back, I don't want her back as a vamp, certainly not after this.  AGREE

KKG : Although I love KKG, I have to admit that her character has not grown much. Her heart is always at the right place but she has to give up her nosy attitude. She has to learn the concept of privacy and learn to say no and do things that pleases her or is right for her instead of making endless sacrifices for her family who gives two hoots for her feelings. She has a tendency to suppress her real emotions at times in order to make others happy. This will only cause her misery in the long run. Khushi is one of the strongest female leads I have seen in soaps and I disagree with all those who say she is not emotionally and financially independent. I hope from now onwards we get more glimpses of her inner feelings.

KKG is developing, developing well and clearly.  I think we have to remember that she is still only 18, only young.  Her every behaviour is explained clearly on the show.  I like the consistency of character -- and its a great indication of her feelings for ASR that she continues to butt into his life.  

Barun and Sanaya both rock as ASR and KKG. But the duo is looking very tired and sick these days and at some point it might affect their performances. I can't tell you how much I disagree-- to my eyes neither looks particularly tired or careworn, and I honestly believe the other characters are used well to develop the story

ANJALI : I really don't know where to start and where to finish. Can this character go more downhill? During the early days of IPK, Anjali was a loving and caring sister but she also gave her brother space, respected and understood his feelings. Not just Arnav, it seemed like she understood each and every member of the family. But now it appears that it's all about her. When she found out about ASR-La break up, it seemed that she cared less about what ASR wanted and more about not letting La leave because she has developed an attachment towards her. She seems emotionally dependent on every other member of the family and is completely out of touch with reality.

The initial appearance of strength was a facade-- her inner weakness is not apparent till one gets to know her better.  We were as deluded as KKG that this woman is strong; it is only as we got to know her that we could see how weak she is-- as KKG saw that as well.  KKG didn't spill the beans simply because of Di's weakness; she recognised the inner kamzori.

When she heard about Khushi's break up, it looked like she was more heartbroken and then Khushi. I have a feeling she is still hung up on her past to an unhealthy extent where she compares every broken relationship with her broken marriage (the one we saw in flashbacks) and possibly with what happened to her parents.

Enough has been said about her marriage with Shyam. I am guessing she is just like La (who refused to believe that her relationship wasn't working). I mean she is in denial as well. She probably gets signs of Shyam's misdeeds but chooses to ignore them preferring to live in her happy bubble.

Does she really need to cry buckets after buckets of tears? This is getting really annoying. What a waste of a talented actress. I miss those sibling moments between her and Arnav where Daljeet completely rocked with her performance.

Anjali needs more exposition, but there is back story there; her need for her husband is pathological and I truly believe her weakness will be what will force KKG into marriage with ASR.  Her need to have her world ordered and everyone in specific set roles is pathological, it's an illness-- she is not just a poorly defined character, she is someone who is deeply hurt and ill, and this is why ASR defends her so much.  We are currently being left to imagine her backstory, but I do believe it will all come out in time

SHYAM : Lamest fictional antagonist I have ever seen. This character has no real purpose. I hope the cv's come up with a back story at least. As for  Abhaas, I am not impressed, Sorry.

Give it time, incandescent, give it time.  Shyam will come to the fore soon, and be a horrid horrid villain.  Give it time for other stories to be played out, and then we'll see Abhaas shine.  I'm not a fan, but he does make my skin crawl.

BUAJI : I don't want analyze her again. She is another stereotypical character but people like her do exist. She made a very big mistake but at least she is repentant. I hope she does not repeat this particular mistake ever again. No issues with Abha Parmar's portrayal.  I need MORE repentance

MAMAJI :  There is not much too analyze. Please give the actor a proper character. He is getting more lines though which is a good sign. I have never seen him interact with his nephew and niece. Maybe the cv's could show some bonding.  The actor has been busy on Dekha ek Khwab; hopefully now that he is back, he'll develop more, and Mamaji will be a good support for Payal and KKG 

BABUJI :  A loving father but not a good detective and certainly not good with sign language. But I hope he recovers soon. I liked the father-daughter bonding scenes. I want to see him interact with Arnav and Akash, I would also like to see him blast Garima for being such a pathetic wife and a mother and Buaji for being such a disgraceful sister.  THIS WOULD BE A DREAM

Thanks for your comments.

But Barun actually has dark circles under his eyes. Take it from a Barun drooler and all other Barun droolers from his AT who analyze him from head to toe every single day LOLWink

He probably has a cold.

Sanaya has been sick for quite some time. It was mentioned in sbb and sbs. And in Mohit's birthday video few days ago, she was constantly coughing and sneezing.  Ouch

HeadOverHeels Goldie
HeadOverHeels
HeadOverHeels

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 9:15am | IP Logged
Clap

Can't say more than that.

incandescent

serialjunkie IF-Sizzlerz
serialjunkie
serialjunkie

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 9:15am | IP Logged
lovely post fari,

here is how i feel. you see the revolving doors at the malls or offices? kkg and asr in separate quadrant of the revolving door as it goes round and round, neither making an entry or exit, the other two quadrants has entities coming in and exiting yet, the door revolves round and round with kkg and asr just moving with it round and round, if they dont get dizzy in the merry go round, we will!!

incandescent

columbia IF-Dazzler
columbia
columbia

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 9:18am | IP Logged
i think so that in a daily show characters are not given any importance only tracks are. and the way they come up with the tracks is depends on the weeks TRP. this may sound sad, but it is true i think. they stick to a track and drag it if TRP is good. In fact I believe that LA was shown the door becos the time LA -ASR track brought the worst TRP for the show. THe most TRP was for Shyam reveal and thats why they have not finished complete reveal has not happend. Daily shows are track based not character based now if one track after another, you get to see evolution of characters then it means that the CVs are doing a really good job. BUT frankly, I think what you point out are automatic progression of the character becos of the tracks, because the story as such as remained the same so how can characters evolve? They have not!

incandescent

xsumi IF-Sizzlerz
xsumi
xsumi

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 9:39am | IP Logged
the character are amazing
thnkss 2 all the cast
love ipkknd
xxx

incandescent

Nope123 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 10:38am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

incandescent

sbk2 IF-Sizzlerz
sbk2
sbk2

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
OH boy! Fari,

By the time I read your post, its already progressed to at least the 5th page!

Meerabai...perfect analysis of the characters! Agree with almost everything you've written Hun!

While I like where ASR is today, and I'm in the minority, but I like the softie image of his. Sorry, I was not a fan of the rude ASR who let go of Khushi and fall and was callous towards her in the beginning.

I started watching IPK regularly from the Teej scene, where he showed attraction towards KHushi...
And I have loved him ever since. 
I guess my perception of the male protagonist is slightly different - tough most of the times, but soft when his lady love comes in front of him.
I don't think he's softened up too much. He did show some of his ASR'ish nature today.

Khushi's antics sometimes do seem OTT..like in the bathroom scene today.
Comedy like the episode when Arnav eats the spicy dal and K takes milk for him is somewhat decent.

Anyway, you've said it all, just want to say they should focus on the serious side of Arhi love story now.
With the entry of the new character I'm expecting more OTT comedy, both K's and Mami's...

Basic point is...we all want Arhi love story to progress!

Brilliant post Dear...nothing new about that, right?!

PS: And you wanted to Quit! Tongue

Edited by sbk2 - 21 December 2011 at 12:33pm

incandescent

Go to top