Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

How much has the characters really evolved? UPDTD (Page 2)

TeleFan Goldie
TeleFan
TeleFan

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 4:52am | IP Logged
ANJALI : I really don't know where to start and where to finish. Can this character go more downhill? During the early days of IPK, Anjali was a loving and caring sister but she also gave her brother space, respected and understood his feelings. Not just Arnav, it seemed like she understood each and every member of the family. But now it appears that it's all about her. When she found out about ASR-La break up, it seemed that she cared less about what ASR wanted and more about not letting La leave because she has developed an attachment towards her. She seems emotionally dependent on every other member of the family and is completely out of touch with reality

Totally agree with you on this one.. i made a separate post on this already... 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kitty25incandescent

zaniax IF-Rockerz
zaniax
zaniax

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 4:53am | IP Logged
GREAT post and analysis Clap
I hope CV's read ur post and try to work on their characters( except for ASR cause he seems to be well balanced at this point and is slowly evolving ).
But i wud love to see more focus on khushi's character as she's the main lead and some clarity and progress in Arnav & khushi's relationship.

Edited by zaniax - 21 December 2011 at 4:54am

kitty25incandescent

ShiningStar17 Newbie
ShiningStar17
ShiningStar17

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 4:53am | IP Logged
If you ask me, every single character needs improvement but as every person has his own goods and bads, much can't be said because everyone thinks he is right from his point of view. Mami needs to be less irritating while Anjali needs to reduce her crying. There are many factors which need improvement.

kitty25incandescent

PohaJalebi. IF-Rockerz

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 4:59am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

kitty25AnotherAdmirernb2011incandescent

premparbat IF-Rockerz
premparbat
premparbat

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 5:00am | IP Logged
HI Fari,

ASR :  I am good with him so far. As you say the ASR & Arnav blend needs to continue else the character will become very bland.

KKG :  Needs maturity and by that I do not mean loosing her fun loving nature but to be able to distinguish and react according to the What, when & How of a situation. Everything is not black or white, wrong or right.

Anji :  I liked a her a lot initially but her relationship with her husband seems very obsessive. If there is reason for it then it should be told.  Her doomsday reaction to every situation is intolerable. And please change her dialogue Hum samaj sakte hai coz I dont know what she really can understand. Definetly needs improvement.

Shyam : A mess of a character. Even yesterday when he stood silently listening to the family admonish Arnav about the breakup I could not understand was he sad, disinterested, scheming , What ??   Need more background information and a motive.  Neitehr do I see him spending his wife's money nor do i see love in his eyes for Khushi.  So it is very vague.

Akash : Should get more screen time. Though shy and quiet he stands up for himself.  Liked the bonding between teh 2 brothers as well.

Payal :  Did not like her silence during Khushi's forced engagement . . Seemed so unconfortable hugging Akash during the confession but redeemed herself during the Arnav aplogy.  She too needs more work  if she has to join the Raizada clan.

Buaji :   We've all hated her but i think she is more of a mother hen than Garima. I really have no complaints with her just that she sent Khushi alone to break the news about Shyam to RM.  I felt it was her responsibility to do so since she is the elder memebr and Khushi entered into this relationship on her insistance.

Nani :  Remains consistent and I liked the friendship she established with La.  She is strong hearted yet seemed frail when mami threatened to leave the household.  The matriach every family requires.  I  also liked the way she scolded Arnav yesterday about how his actions impact the family.  I wonder why she never mentions her dead daughter or son in law ?

Mamiji :  A bit loud for my taste with vampish traits.  Strong family ties who fights with outsiders when required. Has accepted her nieces and nephews gracefully and do not understand her hatred towrads Khushi & her family. HIgh chances of her becoming a cruel MIL.

Mamaji : Need more dialogues for us to undesratnd his character.

Babuji  & Garima :  Both need to come out more stronger for their girls. They are not cows who can be tied anywhere.  The former is in a wheelchair  hence helpless and the latter is helpless and needs a wheelchair.

LAstly but not the least  Lakshmi :  Such consistency in characters who bahaves like a goat. Has a fascination for jewellery and makes sure it is transported to the right place be it the stolen necklace or the engagement ring. You go girl!!

PS :  Names highlighted in Red need most urgent attention.

bikeriderincandescent

Marybarton IF-Rockerz
Marybarton
Marybarton

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 5:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by incandescent

Originally posted by Marybarton

I think you have a done a wonderful job. I agreed with everything you said. I find it odd how these thoughtful posts don't get enough views or replies on this forum. Then, if you compare to characters, they topic is shut down. Isn't that what a forum is all about? Thoughts about characters and reflections? I have no issues with the popular posts which are also fun, but I am finding this forum really limiting on other grounds. Hope your topic becomes popular because it is a great one.

I beg to differ that thoughful posts don't get enough views. I have always written analytical posts from the very beginning and I got plenty of views and replies. it is through these posts that I have interacted with many members and became friends. 

I personally think the forum is lacking thoughtful posts these days other than a few. because many members who made thoughtful posts are busy right now.

A lot of member such as current ( she's busy with studies so she's irregular now), momma1128, tanthya, msuniverse, sunaina02 ( short but to the point posts) , opti, honeydew (irregular) , sbk2, DiyaS ( weekly posts )  and a few others regularly make analytical posts and they are all  very popular in the forum and get a lot of views. 

If you are looking for good posts, do check out there posts.

thanks for your reply.Smile

I am just speaking from my experience here thus far. Not complaining, I have felt very welcomed here once I started watching this show. I every time I asked a discussion question, with the exception of one, I have not gotten many views or replies. Whereas my fanfic got a lot more views.

In terms of the forum getting more limiting, I feel I have definitely seen it become more and more limited for the sake of good editing. At this point it has become so limiting that I find it sad. No comparison of characters? I am not really a new member to this forum, I have been at IF since Day One when Vijay first put it up. I had a different account back then. I am a really veteran member and I am saddened to see this compromise. So I suppose the comment is more general.

I have read some great posts by you and others. As you say, the forum is not lacking in it. I enjoy them immensely.

kitty25incandescent

sharneil92 IF-Dazzler
sharneil92
sharneil92

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 5:11am | IP Logged
You know, after reading your post, I got my previously lingering thought getting a more defined shape. In terms of characterization, only Arnav's character has seen a good amount of development. In the middle, even Khushi's character was blooming properly, but after recent events esp. the engagement in the temple scene, it's a bit disconcerting that her character is so inconsistent. If she's fiery, she's supposed to scream back at ASR and not give in to his withering glares. And if she's more of the servile kind of character, then why does she stand up to him? IT'S CONFUSING! ARGH!

After that bit, I stopped analysing her, and now I only continue with ASR's. LOL. It gets a bit irritating when things become inconsistent, don't they?

BTW, WONDERFUL POST. Agreed with every point. Esp, Anjali's. THAT IS ONE CHARACTER THAT NEEDS SPECIAL ATTENTION!

kitty25incandescent

ayaniie-chan IF-Dazzler
ayaniie-chan
ayaniie-chan

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 5:17am | IP Logged

Great analysis!

I agree with them as well.

Sana has done so much justice to Lavanya's character it's unreal & she's only 18! The development of La's character has been a beautiful one to watch! I'll miss her!

ASR has learnt to be more humane than before, he accepts that he makes mistakes & takes responsibility, he has shown more intense emotions such as, guilt, love, yearnin', compared to his prior anger & frustration. His character has matured now [the scene where he apologizes to Payal was really sweet, which the old ASR wouldn't have bothered with], i just hope he learns to accept his feelings & express them better!

KKG needs to let others speak, let ASR speak! She should sort her life out before interferin' with others! [she kept askin' ASR/La about their break-up yet when it's her turn, nothin'!] Her character is more or less still the same, there can be magic [poolside scene when she accidentally tells ASR about the break-up, her actin' was good then] but mostly the same to the point it can get annoyin'. At first i thought she'd stand up for the right no matter what and that she was independent but then came the self-sacrificin' side, so disappointin', she needs to remember she has a life to live too! Lastly, Get Out of the Denial Mode already!! 

If KKG & ASR have to face other problems that's one thing but for now, they themselves are creatin' an invisible barrier that's annoyin' me the most! 

Yes, other actors have been given wayyy less screentime, Akash has shone given the opportunity, he isn't a wimp anymore, he stood up against his mom! Payal needs improvement with her expressions. Although she seems to be dependin' on Khushi too much, she has shown to be independent. Hopefully more is to come, these two are too shy to express their love!

I know right Anjali has been such a let-down lately! She does & wants others to do as her wish! & how dumb can this character get?! blind faith to that extent? she needs to open her eyes & look around what is happenin'! It's like you said she started out understandin' & respectin' her family & suddenly she doesn't care or doesn't want to understand! Unless the back-story comes out, it's hard for me to feel sorry for her character with that attitude!

Shyam is just retarded! He wanted to marry Khushi now he can't so, what's he gonna do now? this story + his character not really goin' anywhere!

For the rest, buaji's character was so annoyin' when she was insitin' kkg to marry shyam but now, when she admitted her mistake, her character seems better. hope she learns from this!  New Garima only ever cares for Payal, i miss the old actress too! Mamijii should just be like before although outspoken, havin' carin' & funny side, please don't be a typical MIL!! Nani has shown reluctance then acceptance towards La & she's so genuine, love her! yes, hope she can control Mami's behaviour. Love her glare to mami!! Not much to say about Mamaji & Babujii! Next time, babujii takes up spyin' he needs to be sly & not blurt out his plan to the bad guy! 

Sorry for my rant too~

premparbatincandescent

Go to top