Be honest, how would you deal with a real ASR? - Page 7

Posted: 11 years ago
I don't know about his other traits, I could cope with them but I cannot deal with people who give mixed signals.

And cannot suffer people who have achangeable mind!

So yeah.

I don't know the answer to your question.πŸ˜†
well truly speaking if i ever met a guy like asr i d run like hell in the opposite direction !! the handsome n brooding hero types are really attractive in books and on tv but i personally dont think i could take it in real life ! i d rather have a friend and a partner than a sometime bully n other times dont quite know what the πŸ˜•

but i love ASR in fiction β˜ΊοΈ
I would never bother about such a guy. I hate guys with too much attitude. I would never be able to stand a person who hurts me and tramples my selfrespect. I don't think it would be worth it, no matter how good looking or rich.
Run the other way. Fast.

I'm a hypocrite that way. Sue me. πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰
personally i like a ASR kinda character..person who is rude outside will always b too good in their heart..its really true..
i literally deal with a real life ASR everyday...he's my bf...he has almost every  quality of ASR except the painful past...other than that he's just like him...i deal with him very carefully..in the beginning when i met him, i did NOT like him at all...it took me a long while before i fell for him, i would get angry and just not talk to him if he was rude to me..since i'm stubborn, we battled out issues about each other...and even nowadays we have our battles whenever we disagree on a subject...but i've learned to deal with his nature and adjust myself around him...and he does the same because i didn't change for him :D he's still the same, just slightly calmer :)

<3 Barun <3
Don't know about real -life one but if this ASR met me , he wouldn't
know what hit him πŸ€£
I dont think i would stick around an ASR kind of guy- too rough is not a good husband material in real life,there are plenty of women who stick around and bear the abuse in the hope he wud change someday coz every abuser is almost always sorry for what he did but he doesn't really prevent a "next time".
I know its not the context here but somehow that fear wud not make me so open to a guy like that- perhaps like Khushi's circumstances made her see the guy behind that mask, if in real life it were then maybe? Still not too sure..i wud be quite apprehensive..
Originally posted by hinkler

honestly i don't want a asr in my life. but Darcy is my all time favorite character pride and prejudice  my favorite book to the extent i have different copies by different publications. iam fond of reading mills and boons & harlequin romances. and i believe every womans dream man is tall dark handsome arrogant business tycoon. really do i want such a man in my life ?do you want to suffer like khushi want to get insulted like her?    BIG NO  then why do we love them? maybe in our conscience we know  such a man can be controlled only by true love his body and soul only belongs to you  gives unknown power and happiness.

so i think we get that unknown happiness after seeing such romantic soaps and start identifying ourself to the  heroine and fall in love with the protagonist.

do you think so please comment

Darcy or that kind of responsible, mature, self-made (not Darcy in some ways) is impressive to every woman I think. We are programmed to like what exudes security. Not in a financial way, but the big guy thing. Someone responsible, caring, protective all of that. For the most part, it has to do with babies and the future. But things are changing now that women are out-earning men financially and in taking care of responsibilities. But in American men I see a defensiveness - like women don't need us, let her go get a cat and adopt cause she is always looking for perfect when she's quite self-sufficient. It's not quite true. Women don't need men but we want them. They are a cute, interesting species πŸ˜† - for the most part. I love Darcy but I think the self-made aspect in Thornton (see my avatar) is my ideal kind of man. I have put my claim on Mr. Thornton of North and South who is basically an updated Darcy (be WARNED Ms. Doodleberry, he's mine! 😈).

Originally posted by Marybarton

Now tell me about your take on ASR please, let's have fun with this. Here are some characteristics of his on first view:

ASR:
Gorgeous (of course, you didn't know that πŸ˜†)
Angry
Arrogant
Rude
Misbehaved
Elitist
Has a weak spot for his sister
Comes from a good family
Can't think emotionally

Quite logical
Quite physical
Has a past he doesn't like to talk about, probably painful
Cries about his mother sometimes
Has a live-in girlfriend (or you can consider him single, now that he FINALLY is)
Still pursues you and is rude when you wonder if he's interested
Then...sometimes gives in and cares about you

Woah! All that from our first view????  I probably won't agree that you'd be able to get to know the stuff highlighted in red from your first meeting with him...it'd probably take subsequent meetings to know all that, and I don't think I'd want to know him more beyond the initial meeting to persist in getting to know him on that level! Khushi however, had no choice!!! πŸ˜†

My first impression of him would be that he is an arrogant, male chauvanist pig who abuses his supposed intelligence and 'higher' status to get things his way. I wouldn't know if he did or not but by the way he barks at Aman on his headset, I'd be turned off. Intelligence, wealth and looks can only bring you so far. So I guess, it's not much of an impression, he'd be pretty 'characterless' to me! πŸ˜†

By that time, I would have stalked off else where to find a better, entertaining conversational partner. ASR doesn't talk much after all. I think Khushi and I though, would hit off straight away! πŸ˜‰