India-Forums

Akshay Kumar to be celebrity judge on grand finale (Page 2)

anne_shirley Senior Member
anne_shirley
anne_shirley

Posted: 25 December 2011 at 11:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hamzanuha

Sorry, but I don't want Akshay or any other actor as a judge of the next season. Why are actors always roped in for everything? As soon as Bollywood enters a show, it is 'dumbed down' Angry The channel heads have themselves noted that the current season has had better TRPs compared with the last season. If not Vikas Khanna then get some other top chef, but definitely not an actor. It was extremely distasteful last year to see 2 judges who are at the top in their chosen profession as chefs playing 2nd fiddle to Akshay. Most of the time, the show revolved around Akshay the actor pandering to his vanity. The show is about food, not movies. How would it look if in MasterChef USA, they had either Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt as the judge? Or even MasterChef Australia had Hugh Jackman instead of either George, Gary or Matt?

Anyway, it's just my humble opinion.

God, I know SP channel heads are dumb but they still manage to outdo themselves  by taking even stupider decisions than before...Akshay as a host was a disaster last year...the show was less about cooking and more about Akshay's theatricals...does anyone remember when during a task he scared Zuby and made her accidently cut her hand and lose a lot of blood and time...that's the kind of ridiculous hosting he did...if last season gained some trps at all,  it as because the concept of a cooking competition was unique in India...this season is so much better, not just because of Vikas Khanna (although he played a major part), but also because the standard of food prepared is much higher. As you said, it was so irritating to watch Ajay and Kunal act like Akshay's minions last year...I hope Akshay doesn't come back as host next year or this show will surely tank...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hamzanuha

whitewitch Goldie
whitewitch
whitewitch

Posted: 26 December 2011 at 7:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anne_shirley

Originally posted by hamzanuha

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Sorry, but I don't want Akshay or any other actor as a judge of the next season. Why are actors always roped in for everything? As soon as Bollywood enters a show, it is 'dumbed down' AngryThe channel heads have themselves noted that the current season has had better TRPs compared with the last season. If not Vikas Khanna then get some other top chef, but definitely not an actor. It was extremely distasteful last year to see 2 judges who are at the top in their chosen profession as chefs playing 2nd fiddle to Akshay. Most of the time, the show revolved around Akshay the actor pandering to his vanity. The show is about food, not movies. How would it look if in MasterChef USA, they had either Tom Cruise orBrad Pittas the judge? Or even MasterChef Australia had Hugh Jackman instead of either George, Gary or Matt?
</div>
<div>

Anyway, it's just my humbleopinion.
</font>

<font size="2">God, I know SP channel heads are dumb but they still manage to outdo themselves by taking even stupider decisions than before...Akshay as a host was a disaster last year...the show was less about cooking and more about Akshay's theatricals...does anyone remember when during a task he scared Zuby and made her accidently cut her hand and lose a lot of blood and time...that's the kind of ridiculous hosting he did...if last season gained some trps at all, it as because the concept of a cooking competition was unique in India...this season is so much better, not just because of Vikas Khanna (although he played a major part), but also because the standard of food prepared is much higher. As you said, it was so irritating to watch Ajay and Kunal act like Akshay's minions last year...I hope Akshay doesn't come back as host next year or this show will surely tank...</font>
me to yaar. I don't want akshay for the cost of vikas. I love akshay as actor . Not as chef. Vikas when can have back again. Going to miss him

Go to top