India-Forums

Kuch Toh Log Kehenge
Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

Dr.Mallika's appearance

jasminerahul IF-Sizzlerz
jasminerahul
jasminerahul

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 2:08am | IP Logged
Who is d actress who plays Mallika?Has she acted b4.Hav seen her in an ad.She draps her saree neatly.Her hair is too good.4 d funcs she dresses up beautifully.Simple ornaments & beautiful saree

Mehek25 IF-Sizzlerz
Mehek25
Mehek25

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 3:53am | IP Logged
Yes she sports very good sarees and they are superbly draped. Her accessories are also kept simple and look nice in their simplicity. But this is the first time I have seen her in a  serial.
panjim Newbie
panjim
panjim

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 9:57pm | IP Logged
The actress Rukhsana who plays Dr. Mallika is the late Kamal Amrohi's daughter.  Amrohi was a director and dialogue writer. The late actress Meena Kumari who  was known for the tragic roles she portrayed was Amrohi's third wife. She was  19 and he was 34 when they first met on  a set ---15 years difference in age.  Much has been made of the age difference between the lead characters in KTLK. No doubt in It happens infrequently in real life  but it does happen.  Muzaffar and Meera  Ali, the fashion designer couple is a case in point . She was 20 and he was 43 when they met and within 6 months of meeting each other they got married in 1910  and they have been married happily now for  21 years.  But I do wish KTLK makers had made Dr. A 38 or something and not 42 (  Nidhi says at one point he is 18 years older than me).    
panjim Newbie
panjim
panjim

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 9:58pm | IP Logged
sorry my post must read 1990 and not 1910.
LizzieBennett IF-Dazzler
LizzieBennett
LizzieBennett

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 10:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by panjim

The actress Rukhsana who plays Dr. Mallika is the late Kamal Amrohi's daughter.  Amrohi was a director and dialogue writer. The late actress Meena Kumari who  was known for the tragic roles she portrayed was Amrohi's third wife. She was  19 and he was 34 when they first met on  a set ---15 years difference in age.  Much has been made of the age difference between the lead characters in KTLK. No doubt in It happens infrequently in real life  but it does happen.  Muzaffar and Meera  Ali, the fashion designer couple is a case in point . She was 20 and he was 43 when they met and within 6 months of meeting each other they got married in 1910  and they have been married happily now for  21 years.  But I do wish KTLK makers had made Dr. A 38 or something and not 42 (  Nidhi says at one point he is 18 years older than me).    

Her name is Rukhsar, not Rukhsana.. And she's Kamal Amrohi's daughter??? WOW!!! Didn't know that!!! TFS...
aekiel Goldie
aekiel
aekiel

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 10:28pm | IP Logged
Hi Panjim

Any source for the fact that Rukhsar Rehman is Kamal Amrohi's daughter?

This news report doesn't suggest that she's is in anyway related to Amrohi.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_i-am-quite-happy-making-a-fresh-start_1059112

She did two moves in the early 90's and then disappeared from the scene.

Her character's dressing is classy- no doubt about it- only if the CV's had made her character classy too.

Edited by aekiel - 21 December 2011 at 10:28pm

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top