Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

Narrating the Ashu Nidhi love story

sun29 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

William Parrish in Meet Joe Black: Love is passion, obsession, someone you can't live without. I say, fall head over heels. Find someone you can love like crazy and who will love you the same way back. How do you find him? Well, you forget your head, and you listen to your heart. And I'm not hearing any heart. Cause the truth is, honey, there's no sense living your life without this. To make the journey and not fall deeply in love, well, you haven't lived a life at all. But you have to try, because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived.

The verse above more or less sums up an entire love story. Two people meet ,discover each other ,find each other then starts there journey towards each other and their destination being a promise of togetherness even if not for a lifetime'Ashutosh and Nidhi have embarked on that journey'I shall not go into what has happened coz we cannot change that but rather dwell on what can happen'

When a man and woman fall in love'.there is underlying passion, desire and want in the emotions they feel for each other'.Romance comes naturally in their relationship'.It is not a sin to desire another human being and certainly not in 2011'.It is not a blasphemy to voice your desire either'.A love story is bland without the romantic element in it'period.

And being romantic does not mean making out only,when we request romance we seek the subtlety associated with it not something that is uncomfortable to show or view'...there is romance in Ashutosh taking Nidhi for tea in that tea stall and they talking...'there is romance in the longing gazes they share over the table, there is romance in the accidental brush of hands ...'there is romance when your eyes search for that one person in a crowd'...there is romance when words takes centrestage in your confrontation ,there is romance when you slightly brush off that hair from her face that has been troubling her ,there is romance when you fight the urge to take her in your arms'...there is romance when her tears render you restless'certainly romance does not start and end in  bedroom.

Movies like Cheeni kum ,Lamhe too were unconventional love stories seasoned with  romance'.if one was play of emotions then other was play of words  brilliantly executed...'We are fortunate to have leads  MB and KK whose chemistry oozes out of screen even if they stand in one room 'they do not have to put in an effort ,it comes naturally then why not take advantage of it.

..Ashutosh is a very intense brooding character hence when he falls in love it has to be manifested via passion and obsession just like his craze for the house..Ashuotsh can never have platonic feelings for a girl ..that unjustifes his character..just like jealousy comes naturally so does passion and possessiveness'...and therein lies the romance'.

When you narrate a love story the central plot should be the protagonists and their progression towards the deep feeling of love and respect  and for that we need to have them together not in two different worlds ..they need to start discovering each other their strengths faults and falling deeper in love..that cannot happen overnight 'it is indeed a process but both emotional and physical...others characters are part of the plot,the plot can never be part of the character development.

Audience wait here to see a unlikely love story of 2011 that threatens to break the norms of the society with romance and passion being played out onscreen'.and we still hope to see it...the rise in trps to 1.8 itself is a proof that audience want to see a love story with all its element. Even though they were pining for each other at the convention yet were close to the other longing, hesitating, angry, in love now that too is heart wrenching romance.

Edited by sun29 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

amansharma thumbnail
you should post this on the mb fb page.he could let the creatives know what the audience would like to see

William Parrish in Meet Joe Black: Love is passion, obsession, someone you can't live without. I say, fall head over heels. Find someone you can love like crazy and who will love you the same way back. How do you find him? Well, you forget your head, and you listen to your heart. And I'm not hearing any heart. Cause the truth is, honey, there's no sense living your life without this. To make the journey and not fall deeply in love, well, you haven't lived a life at all. But you have to try, because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived.

The verse above more or less sums up an entire love story. Two people meet ,discover each other ,find each other then starts there journey towards each other and their destination being a promise of togetherness even if not for a lifetime'Ashutosh and Nidhi have embarked on that journey'I shall not go into what has happened coz we cannot change that but rather dwell on what can happen'

When a man and woman fall in love'.there is underlying passion, desire and want in the emotions they feel for each other'.Romance comes naturally in their relationship'.It is not a sin to desire another human being and certainly not in 2011'.It is not a blasphemy to voice your desire either'.A love story is bland without the romantic element in it'period.

And being romantic does not mean making out only,when we request romance we seek the subtly associated with it not something that is uncomfortable to show or view'there is romance in Ashutosh taking Nidhi for tea in that tea stall and they talking'there is romance in the longing gazes they share over the table, there is romance in the accidental brush of hands 'there is romance when your eyes search for that one person in a crowd'there is romance when words takes centrestage in your confrontation ,there is romance when you slightly brush off that hair from her face that has been troubling her ,there is romance when you fight the urge to take her in your arms'..there is romance when her tears render you restless'certainly romance does not start and end in  bedroom.

Movies like Cheeni kum ,Lamhe too were unconventional love stories seasoned with  romance'.if one was play of emotions then other was play of words  brilliantly executed'We are fortunate to have leads  MB and KK whose chemistry oozes out of screen even if they stand in one room 'they do not have to put in an effort ,it comes naturally then why not take advantage of it.

..Ashutosh is a very intense brooding character hence when he falls in love it has to be manifested via passion and obsession just like his craze for the house'.Ashuotsh can never have platonic feelings for a girl ..that unjustifes his character..just like jealousy comes naturally so does passion and possessiveness'.and therein lies the romance'.

When you narrate a love story the central plot should be the protagonists'.and their progression towards the deep feeling of love and respect 'and for that we need to have them together not in two different worlds'..they need to start discovering each other their strengths faults and falling deeper in love..that cannot happen overnight 'it is indeed a process but both emotional and physical'.others characters are part of the plot'the plot can never be part of the character development.

Audience wait here to see a unlikely love story of 2011 that threatens to break the norms of the society with romance and passion being played out onscreen'.and we still hope to see it''.the rise in trps to 1.8 itself is a proof that audience want to see a love story with all its element. Even though they were pining for each other at the convention yet were close to the other longing, hesitating, angry, in love now that too is heart wrenching romance.

[/QUOTE]
yanks28 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Beautiful post, Sun πŸ‘πŸ˜³...

I believe an overall romantic atmosphere is required in this story...it should be spontaneous and done without it being obvious that much effort is being put into creating it. It can be something as simple as Ashu and Nidhi taking a long walk together...Ashutosh complimenting Nidhi on how lovely she looks in blue...a scene straight out of Dhoop Kinare...or it can go beyond that.

You're right that Ashutosh is a brooding character...he's truly like many of the heroes straight out of classic literature...who are haunted by their past and have many demons...like Edward Rochester ..from Jane Eyre... who are generally distant and don't conform to society...appear dry...but when they fall in love...they fall passionately in love.

I hope a romance track between AshNi can show why these two love each other in the first place. Ashu has started expressing that to Armaan. It's a good start but I hope they don't stop it now. Nidhi's feelings and the reasons for why she's in love with Ashu need to be put into words...and maybe this can happen during AshNi's romantic moments together...I loved when Nidhi told Ashu that "aap haste hue ache lagte hain"...hopefully she'll tell him more things she likes abt him...Ashu needs this to help him come out of his cave and realize that someone could fall for him...someone full of life like Nidhi.

When apparent opposites like Ashni attract...chemical reactions are expected...there should be fire...electricity...and I hope that's coming. When they have confrontations...it's clear they're no ordinary couple...she's the water, while he's the fire...she's the wind, while he's the Earth...opposite elements but powerful personalities...

And for sure...these two amazing actors have a ton of natural chemistry...if given the proper situations... such as romance which includes long conversations...even moments of silence where both are aware of their attraction to each other...gestures such as Ashu showing his caring side...driving her home...holding hands...Nidhi holding his arm...stopping and greeting each other in the morning while at work...moments where it's clear that both DESIRE closeness but have certain limitations would definitly add to AshNi's chemistry...

Another requirement I think this AshNi love track has is the "Kuch toh log kahenge" factor...if logon ne kuch kehna hai...toh kehne k liye koi wajah honi chaiyee...for this I think Ashni need to be bolder...they need to silently acknowledge that they are in a relationship...they are a COUPLE...and start to show signs of it...more eye locks...more spending time together...more touching...more care& concern for each other...and also going out together...not caring for what the world thinks...and THEN...the world will definitely start to care...and Kuch toh log kahenge...

Overall given the passionate nature of this love story...I'm already melting imagining their love track...and their EXPRESSION of love...I hope it's unique, intense...and passionate...and I agree that it is REQUIRED.
Edited by yanks28 - 12 years ago
Armu4eva thumbnail
First and foremost... wanted to say... what an amazing post this is SunMeera...really .. m jus speechless while reading the post..! U hv summed up the story of AshNi... their characters.. n the depth of it..so beautifully!!

While doing so.. u and yanku.. have beautifully brought out the clear.. NEED for two important aspects..that.. are the marks of a love story..

a) the budding.. and evolution of the feeling of love
b) the admission

Love stories have been in making for time immemorial.. but what.. makes.. one love story a classic from the other is the treatment.. of those stories and the general perception of the audience..!! Its not long ago.. that .. a Lamhe.. failed to touch the chord of the general mass ..who were then doling on Rebellious young lovers ...whereas it is only a while back..that.. a Cheeni Kum garnered.. appreciation and success... clearly indicating that.. the audience have grown up...!! πŸ˜³

KTLK has come as a breath of fresh air amongst a plethora of saas bahu or candyfloss romantic shows...  our hero here is a flawed.. at times weak.. n quite morose ...of a gentleman.. our heroine oscillates between... happiness.. to sadness... joy to tears.. with ease...!! This is the story of a MAN ..and a WOMAN ...its mature.. its meant for matures ...but it also carries with it.. the element of innocent love... that defies societal norms.. but establishes the age old.. 'Love is blind' principle!!

The CVs, irrespective of what they have shown in the past... have in the last week.. managed to bring the story back on track... managed to bring.. the lovers.. in the same frame..!! We all wished..they had progressed on it and shown the lovers on the same level!! However.. such din happen.. and hence the outcry all over..!! 

Whats gone is gone.. whats done is done... but now is the time to get it undone.. to show.. how beautiful.. love can be.. to show.. how lovers can take. any pain ..any name.. for the sake of their beloved... !! We are blessed to have.. MB and KK as leads... two ppl who jus hv to b in th same frame to ignite our minds.. n set ablaze the screens...!! CVs ... its time.. that.. u let the walls between the lovers.. crumble.. and let.. LOVE SAIL ITS COURSE...!!😊
Edited by Armu4eva - 12 years ago
RamonaG thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9
great post Sunmeera (I think thats your name😊 ) agree with it word by wordπŸ‘πŸΌ
daffodil81 thumbnail
Sajani excellent post & well written.
My views :

Nidhi & Ashutosh's love story is a very unique show & requires a unique presentation.

The setting and location work almost like another character in the story. Kotnis General Hospital is the backdrop of this show & most of the scenes should revolve around this place here & the main leads being Doctors this hospital has to be the premises.

The number of characters is often dependent on the length of the story. Whether it's a short story with two or three characters or a length story with many more, only include characters integral to the plot. Create a story board that traces the inner and outer stories and desires and goals of each character. 

This story being of Ashni the main emphasis should be given to them & they should be having many scenes together not apart.

Most of us have frustrations & disappointments be it at work or home. At the end of the day when we tune into amuse ourselves & overcome the tireness we are expeting to view something logical,heartwarming & cheerful programs on TV.

KTLK has all such ingredients provided used properly. In Mohnish Bahl & Kritika Kamra we have the finest actors who can carry any scene single handedly. When there are such fine actors in the show if all we get to see is their tears its not worth it.Try to make the episodes happier & joy to watch.

I want to see a gradual progression of Ashni love story all those romantic moments between the leads.These moments can be subtle without causing any awkwardness like :
Watch the sunset together.
Give random gifts of flowers
 Look into each other's eyes.
Describe the joy you feel just to be with her

The above scenes should be gradually evolved. Ashutosh especially should be shown overcoming his inhibitions,his fear of age gap. He should be shown making the move & claiming his women, charming her, attracting her, drawing her to him in a subtle & dignified manner. He is capable of it but has to overcome the shyness & put this age gap behind him.

This show being the show of Ashni should always give primary importance to them and rest of the characters can revolve around them like Dadi bua,Mr.verma, Anji.
We dont mind a side track like Anji-Ranga love story.
the character of Mallika & Suhasi should be reduced to a minimum level as most of their scenes defy logic.

Ashutosh accepting his love for Nidhi in front of Armaan has been a major point of this show just as Nidhi accepted in front of Anji.
Now pls take this a step further and make them realise that they are made for each other.
We want to see Ashu and Nidhi taking the initiative to know/understand each other's feelings.

I feel the above moments can be beautifully concieved with actors like MB & KK. We need not have vamps & villans all the time in the show. A comic element here & there in the form of DB & CS is refreshing.

This show has all the essentials to shape into a beautiful love story  with actors,script,concept just a proper excution in the right direction & knowing the Unique Selling Points of the show is important. If this is done the show can go to further heights & secure a safe trp & the much loving audience.
Edited by ashblore - 12 years ago
daffodil81 thumbnail
@tanu
@Mehwish

Beautifully written girls

jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
SunMeera also making my debut post here just because of u πŸ€—..Wonderfully written πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘..and I m wondering where were u hiding awesome your writing skills till now 😑..Good to see your creativity too coming out of the attic finally πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜³..

Coming to Ashu-Nidhi love story ,I will b honest here ..I dont get time to catch the show regularly but hv watched many Ashu-Nidhi scenes on youtube whenever I m free and from what I hv noticed is that their love story has got lots of unspoken shades ...the shades of unspoken attraction ,unspoken passion ,the way both try to understand each other's feelings through aankhon ka ishaara 😳 ...In short their love story is not made of too many sugar-coated romantic dialogues or typical push-pull theories πŸ˜†  ...its more about the subtle gestures and actions which define their love story ...The both r well aware of their age difference and the attraction which they still feel for each other inspite of the age difference but still they cant stop their hearts from loving each other 😳..what is needed is someone to make them realise how to convert thier unspoken feelings into words ..and I guess Karan wahi's character is brought in for this purpose πŸ˜›...

Tanu u too wrote it very well   πŸ‘πŸ‘

Armu4eva thumbnail
Ash ... lovely post ... very well put out... the scenes n situations we wanna see..!! Inshallah..hope in coming days we do get to see them... coz its time to.. take this show n the story.. AHEAD!! <3

Jyoo.. mumma ...πŸ€— so happy to see u here..! And well said.. sunmeera has been hiding her writing skills sumwhere in the attic... guess.. McSexy Doc.. managed to dig it out..!! 
LizzieBennet thumbnail

Ashutosh is a very intense brooding character hence when he falls in love it has to be manifested via passion and obsession just like his craze for the house'.Ashuotsh can never have platonic feelings for a girl ..that unjustifes his character..just like jealousy comes naturally so does passion and possessiveness'.and therein lies the romance'.

When you narrate a love story the central plot should be the protagonists'.and their progression towards the deep feeling of love and respect 'and for that we need to have them together not in two different worlds'..they need to start discovering each other their strengths faults and falling deeper in love..that cannot happen overnight 'it is indeed a process but both emotional and physical'.others characters are part of the plot'the plot can never be part of the character development.

Awesome post, Sunmeera!!! well done!!

I agree absolutely with what you said and especially the bold parts..

Ashutosh is a complex man because of his past, the love he has for his baba was like adoration, gratitude and respect rolled in one.. His obsession as you say for the house is intense like his character… he makes no bones that he wants the house and he's ready to go to any lengths to get it, while staying within the legal boundaries. The love that he's experiencing for Nidhi is a new emotion for him, and right now he's fighting it because he sees it as morally wrong and whatever else he maybe, he's a morally upright man. Possessiveness is another story, he's possessive about the house and hence he wants to get it.. ditto he's possessive about Nidhi, he's jealous of Rohan, but yet he's not being aggressive, he's passive. He's smoldering within, but bottling it up, like he bottles all emotions within him. Very rarely do we see an emotional outburst from the calm, poised Ashu (once when he narrates the story of the house and baba to Nidhi, you can see the suppressed anger and helplessness and then when he admits his feelings for Nidhi to Armaan, the rainy night).. I'm not bringing up his professional outbursts her because they're not relevant, only to his character that demands perfection and dedication to work.

Naturally, a person who bottles up so much is bound to feel a hundred times more passion, and he gets no chance to express it. His love for Nidhi is building up, with Armaan's goading he musters up some courage to confess, only to have his hopes dashed and now Rohan appears to add salt to the injury. Right now, Ashu is like a wounded animal.. too much hurt, too much backlash, guilt, failure, misery, jealousy and above all this maddening passion and love that try as he might cannot get rid of… and he should react like a wounded animal would.. calm on the outside, as long as you don't approach it, but get any nearer, prod it an probe it and it springs on you with all the fury and rage and devours anyone who exacerbates its pain!! And with Mallu that's waiting to happen, I think.

As far as AshNi goes, I agree, the physicality is as much part of their love as the emotions. As Yanks very rightly pointed out, their feelings are there but they need to be examined.. why they fell in love with each other is as important as the how. And this part could still be explored in the story. Yes, they're already in love, what's done is done..you're right, Tanu. no use in dwelling over that. But there are so many layers to them.. both of them. Ashu as well as Nidhi. They're nowhere close to understanding each other. And that I believe would be the process that MB talks about. When the evolution of their love is complete, together with the physicality, the romance, the subtlety, the understanding, they will be so in sync with each other, so attuned to each other's thoughts and desires that they would function as one unit. I believe this is what true love is all about. And the attraction would be part of this.. the overwhelming need, desire, passion, longing can be satisfied to some extent with a shared knowing look, a glance, a subtle nuance, a careless touch, a gesture.. but the CVs have shown us so much hidden angst and hunger in these two that subtlety will no longer be satisfactory. Yanks you said it so well.. If she is the water, he is the fire,.. they are opposites and their coming together has to be fierce like opposites. 

So while I agree that subtle romance would be enough for now with them trying to explore this thing between them and allow it to grow to greater depths and more layers of feeling, I still feel that knowing their personalities, especially Ashu's and their hunger and need for each other, just eyelocks would not justify the intensity of their feelings (although that is enough to scorch the screen and have me panting)

yanks you mentioned Mr Rochester.. I would agree and say their love is like Kate's and Heathcliff's in Wuthering Heights… all-consuming, all-pervading, overshadowing everything else except the powerful NEED.. the inexhaustible HUNGER that we see in the way they look at each other. That they do not exist without the other, that each of them is only a shell functioning without a soul in the absence of the other. This is the height that their LOVE should reach..

Tanu.. you said it beautifully.. the PROCESS

a) The budding, the flowering

2) The admission 

And I would add

c) The growth and the progression

For I believe the falling in love process can never truly END.. it continues like a never-ending story, for you find more and more things to love about your beloved, you discover newer dimensions to them, newer facets, you share new experiences together and therein also share each other's actions and reactions to them, you are bound together by moments that you share.. And Ashu and Nidhi are already tied together in this way..We see it in the flashbacks they experience. But once their love grows and deepens they will share many more such cherished moments and think of them with joy, for love is another meaning for profound joy.. agony and ecstasy rolled in one. And I want them to share ecstasy now.. enough of the agony...