Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: sonali.19281

Reemz good to see your post here..πŸ˜ƒ

now coming to the points you make.. i can again speak for myself but excessiveness and over attachment in ANY relationship for me is not ok... am a harsh individualist who cant handle crowding of any sort.. always live in the get off my back.. mode with utmost need of space to breathe.. aka claustrophobiaπŸ˜† now not wanting to defend my initial post about whether Manu should or shouldnt call.. I mostly put the blame on Jeevika for goofing up in the current scenario.. for lack of tact as such.. Manu is consistently impulsive so there is nothing to point out there.. now if a bf or husband did the same I wld be more W*F πŸ˜† m rather relaxed and taking it easy coz its siblings.. and tg sisters.. at least more believable.. am sorry although we can relax our pov for a lot of things.. some convictions are hard to let go off and the whole 'I can't live without you' in any relationship for me is plain delusional.. coz face it.. a human being can live even in stark isolation.. in dire circumstances.. and talking of fiction.. fiction only reinforces that attribute.. 

but yes there is something called suspension of disbelief when it comes to fiction/ literature and its the author or story-teller's art that makes a viewer do it.. let's just say the storyteller here hasnt got me hooked to the point where I can suspend my disbelief.. a lot of things btw JM and their equation has just been stated rather than established IMO.. having said that.. the bonding is defo more endearing than others of similar kinds I have seen on tv.. but its all about sensibilities i take to the easy going subtle bonds and the understated ones πŸ˜ƒ 

and I do believe different perspectives and perceptions only add dimension to a show.. so lets keep our diverse perceptions going.. but do keep adding yer take here.. love to read contrasting convictions...πŸ˜ƒ

P.S forgot to add.. oh yeah KTs physique almost looked carved out.. like david or something..πŸ˜† I did find myself staring at it for a bitπŸ˜† sculpted alright.. like I said thing of beauty..πŸ˜†

Oh I'm totally different when it comes to real life. I need my space but when it comes to fiction, I let convincing storyline take over my senses. Maybe it's the idealistic Pisces in me who loves to believe that unconditional love can at least exist on-screen. I have been watching desi dramas for so many years and now that I need to watch something unusual and extra-ordinary if I am to get hooked. I saw today's episode and honestly find it very ordinary bland though I did find Jeevika's longing looks over the shoulder to Viren endearing. I'm the biggest romantic I know of yet I'm more interested in how this non-romantic love story of JM plays out because it is a first of its kind.

I kind of like that their relationship isn't all 'white' in that it will negatively effect the relationships around them and that makes for an interesting discussion right? If I haven't made it obvious already...I love to analyse and I think there is a lot to say about this bond they share. These small glimpses we are getting of Jeevika forgetting her surroundings because of Manvi and how the latter unwillingly causes disruption in to the sister's life is the crux of the storyline so there will be agreements and disagreements.

Looking forward to the debates...as long as they are done in a respectable manner ;)
Edited by *Reemz* - 12 years ago
sonali.19281 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: sizzpepps

hmmm...how shall i start??

i watch this show on n off - mostly catching the early minutes of the show cuz it follows the one i follow...so in the time i take to switch my channel if i find something i like..i end up watching it...for instance, the first manvi-daadi scene today - enjoyed the banter, very much like how me n my daadi talk πŸ˜†  I was gonna say the first 5 mins are the most random or passable in every epi.. the fun starts later..πŸ˜† am yet to see today's epi.. but badi beeji is defo one of my faves.. i love her..πŸ˜† and her pension talks and tangents.. still remember when manu had her believe jeevika was gonna marry ranbir kapoor🀣🀣

visit the forum only for the offscreen segments - KT is one insane guy...hadnt known him much before this show...but caught his i/v once by chance and cudnt stop πŸ€£ since then he's become my regular dose of entertainment πŸ˜† oh tell me about it.. I was hooked to the KT-KD segs b4 d show as such... I think ashu told me to watch the show and i started by watching in FF mode.. and altho I did like KTs presence.. i found admiration for his humor in his segs.. and now his chichoraness is a part of my daily routine.. we call it the tacker tales..πŸ˜† I relate to his randomness a lot.. in fact was thinking of opening a tacker tales thread.. u have gotta see the viren drunk scene and the recent kheer chronicles.. KTs goof timing is impeccableπŸ˜†

anyways, the point behind this elaborate intro was that i just caught up wid a couple of ur posts on the epi / scenes that i have watched and i totally LOVED it! they interest me more than the show does...fab posts, Sonali! πŸ‘ oh wow.. glad to know there are more than my expected share of minorities who can relate to my quirks πŸ˜† most days I make a post coz i dont have a vent ground. .usually did that in ashu's havenπŸ˜† thanks tho appreciate it..😊

@bold - love the element u realism u brought into perspective...all the points u mentioned abt daily life routine are so very true but mostly overlooked in tv shows... agreed its a daily soap n it'll have its flaws...but who says u cant have fun taking a dig at those, rite? its a lotta fun to read these... eggjacctllyyy.. but let me warn you.. I am rather unpopular for being the party pooper.. there is no taking the realism out of me.. its just psyche.. and I find pleasure in making digs at conviction less spin offs in the name of fiction.. πŸ˜† but a lot of ppl take offense to it.. I even did that with IPK.. in all of 2 weeks of viewing.. just cant help myself.. but a lot of ppl dont take too kindly to that.. and it mars their viewing exp.. but oh well realism comes with self serving attributes πŸ˜† so altho I genuinely feel bad for those who are irked by the digs.. cant help it..πŸ˜†

as for the characters - have a very limited insight into any of them...mostly seen viren-jeevika...they seem very routine but there's something endearing abt them nonetheless..for once, simple is nice! didnt like manvi at all in the beginning...too crude for my liking, not wot she spoke but the way she spoke...or maybe part of it was to do with her wierd hairdo they'd given her in the beginning πŸ˜† but ya have she's better now...just wish they cut down on the overdose of sisterly love..kuch zyada hi drama gaya ya! not seen virat-manvi scenes so cant comment...rest of the members also yet to see much... there is an old world charm to VJ.. also coz there are dimensions to viren that KT is bringing that makes it entertaining..  as for VM scenes you should catch few from the beginning. .there is an easy in their convos.. cheeky lines.. Virat does get some of the best lines in the show..its not the typical nok jhoks.. it actually has humor.. pleasant watch.. but my fave are defo VV bro scenes.. again go back to the drunk scene tht got me hooked.. KT was a scream in tht..πŸ˜†

net net, not a show which wud really keep me glued to each n every scene but some scenes are definitely worth watching ...n ur post really adds to the fun..so keep em coming...esp with ur reality bites embedded! πŸ‘πŸΌ thanks like I said appreciate your compliment.. and yup no taking away the reality bites.. remains to be seen how hard it bites in the future..πŸ˜†

Cheers, Shilpi

ps: i know its pretty late in the day to comment here..but just had to!  oh well its just abt evening here.. and never too late in my dictionary.. night only gets younger.. and i watch epis like 12 hrs after they air.. so no fuss..πŸ˜ƒ

sonali.19281 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: *Reemz*

Oh I'm totally different when it comes to real life. I need my space but when it comes to fiction, I let convincing storyline take over my senses. Maybe it's the idealistic Pisces in me who loves to believe that unconditional love can at least exist on-screen. I have been watching desi dramas for so many years and now that I need to watch something unusual and extra-ordinary if I am to get hooked. I saw today's episode and honestly find it very ordinary bland though I did find Jeevika's longing looks over the shoulder to Viren endearing. I'm the biggest romantic I know of yet I'm more interested in how this non-romantic love story of JM plays out because it is a first of its kind.

I see what you are saying.. thats where the contrast lies in our prerogatives..πŸ˜† altho m half piscean my aquarian traits are rather strong.. m such a realist who doesnt spend anytime even thinking of unconditional love as a concept.. πŸ˜† its rather redundant as I see it.. love is love for me..and again I have hardly watched that many shows.. in d last 3 yrs mjht (on n off), rishta.com and muktibandhan.. thts the thing m rather picky abt wat to watch and half the time it takes some work from a friend to even get me to watch anything..πŸ˜† ehm I started for the lack of anything to watch and coz a few of my frnds were watching it.. i like the simple endearment in the show nothing OTT and mostly real... and I hardly call myself a romantic.. far from it actuallyπŸ˜†

I kind of like that their relationship isn't all 'white' in that it will negatively effect the relationships around them and that makes for an interesting discussion right? If I haven't made it obvious already...I love to analyse and I think there is a lot to say about this bond they share. These small glimpses we are getting of Jeevika forgetting her surroundings because of Manvi and how the latter unwillingly causes disruption in to the sister's life is the crux of the storyline so there will be agreements and disagreements.

exactly.. that is the premise of the show and I try to see it objectively as much as I can or not relate to it.. but sometimes the crispness in the script is lacking... like someone just mentioned in this thread.. if they are gonna make a point of conflict make a real one.. not pseudo oneπŸ˜† and make it believable.. the rohit verma one was rather believable.. this not so much.. the wedding fiasco.. again not so much.. total much ados IMOπŸ˜† and grey or rather dark fascinates me a lot no wonder I like swamini in this show.. heck have never been more attached to a desi fiction character in recent times as much as IMV in MB.. dark as he was.. we called him our dark lord.. his convictions were his winning statements.. and I totally believe convictions maketh a man.. so flawed characters and dark tales are rather fascinating.. but again the basis needs to be strong.. IMO
Looking forward to the debates...as long as they are done in a respectable manner ;)

Nothing to worry about this aspectπŸ˜†.. one of the closest friends I made and people I respect on IF I met on MB forum where daily there was a conviction battle on serious stuff like realism vs idealism, individuality vs social/ emotional responsibility.. relaxed morals vs upholding them as trophies.. overstepping rights in a relationship etc.. we had serious debates on such things without offending each other.. and the friends I made there hardly ever agreed to my POVs..πŸ˜† we were so used to our contrasting convictions that I feel this void now.. without it in my daily life.. this show is rather light in comparison.. so the debates will also be very light.. objectivity is my forte.. and debating/ public speaking has been a part of life since school days.. so i know a thing or 2 about the respectable and healthy aspects of it.. πŸ˜ƒ amen to that.. 

abjbdishiuw thumbnail
no new post.:(
i'm off tv for a week...need your review asap:-P
moodie.foodie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail