Users

Frequent Posters

sonali.19281 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
just_juhi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
You know , after seeing today's episode though... I might have to alter my opinion on Jeevika a little πŸ˜† Maybe she does have some hormones after all πŸ˜† Atleast to me it looked like she did. The scene where all the Vadhera's are congratulating Viren and Jeevika is sorta standing in the back... everytime he hugs/meets a family member he keeps looking at her over their shoulder and she keeps looking at him as if she REALLY would like to hug him. I dunno... what would it take to get her more comfortable around him???
sonali.19281 thumbnail
Originally posted by: junebuggy

You know , after seeing today's episode though... I might have to alter my opinion on Jeevika a little πŸ˜† Maybe she does have some hormones after all πŸ˜† Atleast to me it looked like she did. The scene where all the Vadhera's are congratulating Viren and Jeevika is sorta standing in the back... everytime he hugs/meets a family member he keeps looking at her over their shoulder and she keeps looking at him as if she REALLY would like to hug him. I dunno... what would it take to get her more comfortable around him???

tg for small mercies.. πŸ˜† aww i love the looking over shoulder while hugging family scenes.. reminds me of my VD fave scenes in MB.. THE look on VV.. that we all deciphered to no end.. but that was left ambiguous.. sigh..

but m sure Viren's look was classic.. and hopefully jeevika finds some pituitary signal back..πŸ˜† but as for wat it'll take the midnite surprise on bday may do it.. she looked rather happy being kissed on d forehead..πŸ˜† give d gal gifts n flowers.. n she melts.. viren needs to give her wedding gifts..πŸ˜†
Edited by sonali.19281 - 12 years ago
Sabu0211 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i dont et why u all are complaining...i love the sister love in yhis show..love the fact that they love each other that much..and also the fat that when ever they speak to ech other the forget evrythingg aroud them..I love both of the couples in the drama but MANVI and JEEVIKA are the best couple in the drama..but it's not like manvi is interfaring in Jeevika and Virens life when she found out that they were alone in there room the other day she hang up...and don't forget that manvi sees jeevika as her MOTHER, BROTHER, SISTER and much more they complite eachother..THAT why the drama is named Ek HAZAROON mein Meri BEHNA hai... but thet just my opinion
just_juhi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sonali.19281

tg for small mercies..πŸ˜†aww i love the looking over shoulder while hugging family scenes.. reminds me of my VD fave scenes in MB.. THE look on VV.. that we all deciphered to no end.. but that was left ambiguous.. sigh..

but m sure Viren's look was classic.. and hopefully jeevika finds some pituitary signal back..πŸ˜†but as for wat it'll take the midnite surprise on bday may do it.. she looked rather happy being kissed on d forehead..πŸ˜†give d gal gifts n flowers.. n she melts.. viren needs to give her wedding gifts..πŸ˜†

Know what???? I think they really really need to be ALONE together ... WITHOUT any interruptions. It'll take a while to completely know him (like his mom said), but still... I think that's the whole purpose of honeymoons πŸ˜†

I cant remember which thread I read it in, maybe it was yours, but... in my culture, the bride+the groom usually goes to
visit her maika. The bride usually doesnt fully assimilate into her sasural after a few days with that too she doesnt just. Jump into the everyday routines.

OUt of curiosity, isnt there some ritual in Hindu culture where the bride visits her parents home after marriage?

*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Just a little cent from me...!

Manvi shouldn't be calling Jeevika all the time right? Realistically speaking she shouldn't because it's going to cause all sorts of upheaval in Jeevika's life. But then why is it when a boyfriend or husband calls numerous times in a day, we go 'awww he can't live without her'. If Viren called Jeevika that many times from his office, I'm sure many people here would find that adorable because dearest hubby needs to talk to his newly wed wife. Or at least we don't frown that a gf-bf need to talk to each other so much because it's what we term as 'normal'. But for some reason, if two sisters do this (mind you this is only fiction) then it becomes too much? Is it because our minds have been set in a certain way that go along with what is 'right' according to the norm? 

Agree that Jeevika had a job and at that time Manvi wouldn't be able to be with her 24/7 anyway but at least she knew that her Di will come back to home to her. Now it's completely different! Jeevika is miles away and all Manvi is trying to do is hold on to her as much as she can. Wrong or right, I don't know but that's how she is and that's how they are. 

On a lighter note, KT's body has always impressed me too β˜ΊοΈ Perfectly lean.
Edited by *Reemz* - 12 years ago
aa123.80 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
moodie.foodie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sonali.19281

Finally watched the epi that expectedly awakened this otherwise dry on discussion forum.. loads of perspectives, uproars and speculations kept aside.. the episode for me was a classic case of old habits die hard.. but before i go on my tangent.. I have a rationale doubt.. I had asked Ashu this a while back when I was catching up on the show.. what does Virat do for living?πŸ˜† today I had a similar question.. not that m bipolar or slow.. but really What does Manvi do in life? Like do.. πŸ˜† I had presumed if jeevika was a teacher and Manvi 3 yrs younger she shld be in college.. but there is no mention of it.. forget that the young girl wakes up on time to make lunch.. whats her vocation.. 

the missing link here may be the answer for a lot of erratic things.. well typical hindi show exaggeration prevailing.. where they almost show Manvi unable to live an hr without Jeevika's verbal presence at least.. needing to consult her etc.. one major blooper in this premise is Jeevika was a working girl.. who was a teacher.. full time would mean 8 hrs.. so Manvi had to make do without her presence for at least that time.. and couldnt call her every now and then at her convenience.. coz face it dude.. hitler or no hilter.. professional world cares a damn about your personal life. .and its special needs..πŸ˜† 

secondly if Manvi were invested towards a career or studies wont that help take her mind off the dependency.. or for that matter pursuing something on her own will give her that added individuality.. I know am trying to make logical sense in a feel good show.. so I move on..

Ok so coming to the epi.. like I said old habits die hard.. Manvi needing an excuse to call Jeevika.. recipe today.. something else tomorrow.. πŸ˜† another thing that struck me as odd is early morning before the men leave for work.. all women are mostly busy in tending to their needs.. whether its husbands or children we have grown up seeing our moms occupied in our morning requisites to even think of anything else.. so Swamini's orientation tour was ill timed as was Manvi's call.. mom didn't entertain any calls till we were all gone.. and she was alone.. oh well.. so I was saying.. 

this whole scenario emanated due to bad timing.. and the damage done more so by Jeevika.. she got so excited that she picked up the call while Swamini was speaking and hadnt finished her sentence.. bad manners.. I know if I had struck a convo with a friend while my folks were on something imp with me.. I'll get it royallyπŸ˜† in Js defense she excused herself eventually.. but Swamini had found her pet peeve by then.. and that woman doesnt need one after the mention of ManuπŸ˜† her tantrum throwing with the 3 in attention position was howlarious.. completely reminded me of the hum angrezo ke zamane ke jailor hainπŸ˜† in her defense tho no matter how seriously she takes herself.. she doesnt lack proportion.. even at her angriest.. she wasnt rude per se to Jeevika.. but she did huff n puff and leave so much so that she forgot her dahi routine with Viren... interesting..πŸ˜‰

speaking of the devil...πŸ˜† pray tell me how do you ignore a devil that wears prada.. I mean.. how exactly was Jeevika so awkward and unmoved after  a peek of that well sculpted body.. ok hormones aside.. a thing of beauty is a joy forever.. πŸ€£ so on those grounds I wld be elated to have hit jackpot.. a husband who is extremely low maintenance.. ready to pamper me.. a LAWYER.. with a toned body and rather decent looks.. the woman needs to get some reality check.. and not run away everytime here..πŸ˜† esp from a man who is so freaking independent.. trust me thats an oxymoron right there.. very few of those species are trained well enough to fend for themselves.. which brings me to the old habits die hard case 3 after JM and Swamini.. our Mr. Vadera the young lawyer has been trained and bred by none other than Ms Law and Order Swamini to totally take care of himself.. and in some ways be the perfectionist.. you can see it in the face he makes when he sees the orange shirt..πŸ˜† and Vanshika re-iterated how he doesnt really abide by other's choices when it comes to certain things.. I am totally like that.. no compromise on convictions.. and LOVED how in spite of being a ball of mush for his newly wed wife he softly yet strongly concurred that if he has erred she will have to learn to forgive him..quite a statement there our man.. πŸ˜ƒ me likes subtle assertion.. 

I defo liked Vanshika's little piece of advice to find middle ground with each other.. which they will have no doubts on that.. esp from Viren.. Virat's dig at rule no 48 from dadaji was funny..πŸ˜† so was our naughty lover boy.. who teased his wife at the physical proximity just to see that look on her face.. i knew he had no intention to kiss her in the middle of the living room... when he could hardly achieve much in the private confines.. but in that scene.. esp the eye shots of both.. KT excelled.. his eyes gave away the extreme fondness.. and affection that has the ability to melt glaciers.. KD looked really nice in green and in spite of her eyes being one of her best asset.. I found the expressions wanting.. either they are just too confusing or less relatable.. I cant handle baseless coyness after a while.. a little mischief is everyone's right..

cant end before I added the last old habits die hard case in point.. Dabbu being bullied into the kitchen by ManuπŸ˜†. poor guy I feel for him.. just how obedient is he.. everytime Manu has to do some chore Dabbu is by default her help..then again please explain why all the women at Hrishikesh decide to sit and twiddle fingers and not even help supervise.. esp Beeji.. again I get back to if Jeevika was working.. does that mean she had to wake up super early to make everyone's lunch before heading to work.. woahhh.. I think she has less work and more pleasure (pun intended) at Chandigarh as of nowπŸ˜†

that should be it for the ramble of the day.. the field is all yours now

hmmm...how shall i start??

i watch this show on n off - mostly catching the early minutes of the show cuz it follows the one i follow...so in the time i take to switch my channel if i find something i like..i end up watching it...for instance, the first manvi-daadi scene today - enjoyed the banter, very much like how me n my daadi talk πŸ˜†  

visit the forum only for the offscreen segments - KT is one insane guy...hadnt known him much before this show...but caught his i/v once by chance and cudnt stop πŸ€£ since then he's become my regular dose of entertainment πŸ˜† 

anyways, the point behind this elaborate intro was that i just caught up wid a couple of ur posts on the epi / scenes that i have watched and i totally LOVED it! they interest me more than the show does...fab posts, Sonali! πŸ‘

@bold - love the element u realism u brought into perspective...all the points u mentioned abt daily life routine are so very true but mostly overlooked in tv shows... agreed its a daily soap n it'll have its flaws...but who says u cant have fun taking a dig at those, rite? its a lotta fun to read these...

as for the characters - have a very limited insight into any of them...mostly seen viren-jeevika...they seem very routine but there's something endearing abt them nonetheless..for once, simple is nice! didnt like manvi at all in the beginning...too crude for my liking, not wot she spoke but the way she spoke...or maybe part of it was to do with her wierd hairdo they'd given her in the beginning πŸ˜† but ya have she's better now...just wish they cut down on the overdose of sisterly love..kuch zyada hi drama gaya ya! not seen virat-manvi scenes so cant comment...rest of the members also yet to see much...

net net, not a show which wud really keep me glued to each n every scene but some scenes are definitely worth watching ...n ur post really adds to the fun..so keep em coming...esp with ur reality bites embedded! πŸ‘πŸΌ

Cheers, Shilpi

ps: i know its pretty late in the day to comment here..but just had to! 
sonali.19281 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sabu0211

i dont et why u all are complaining...i love the sister love in yhis show..love the fact that they love each other that much..and also the fat that when ever they speak to ech other the forget evrythingg aroud them..I love both of the couples in the drama but MANVI and JEEVIKA are the best couple in the drama..but it's not like manvi is interfaring in Jeevika and Virens life when she found out that they were alone in there room the other day she hang up...and don't forget that manvi sees jeevika as her MOTHER, BROTHER, SISTER and much more they complite eachother..THAT why the drama is named Ek HAZAROON mein Meri BEHNA hai... but thet just my opinion

first of all let me clarify @ blue.. you have taken it completely in the wrong spirit.. no one here is COMPLAINING..πŸ˜† in fact all of us here are making digs and having fun at the inconsistencies.. and try to fill some loopholes.. its not just the behna and sister love but things like what does virat do.. why is jeevika so unmoved by thing of beauty around herπŸ˜† etc

and I can speak for a lot of us here.. that we do adore the JM camaraderie but cant help getting spooked or not relating to the excessiveness.. everyone's threshold is different right.. so point taken you love the sis love.. we do too.. but if the sis forget the rest of the world for each other.. IMO they should find a cocoon to live inπŸ˜† away from the world.. sorry cant help my snarky humor at times.. but excessiveness of all sorts bother me.. and till the time I can relate to or am entertained by some other facet in the show I shall watch it and put my points across.. but i totally respect your opinion.. thanks for voicing them πŸ˜ƒ lets just agree to disagreeπŸ˜†
sonali.19281 thumbnail
Originally posted by: *Reemz*

Just a little cent from me...!

Manvi shouldn't be calling Jeevika all the time right? Realistically speaking she shouldn't because it's going to cause all sorts of upheaval in Jeevika's life. But then why is it when a boyfriend or husband calls numerous times in a day, we go 'awww he can't live without her'. If Viren called Jeevika that many times from his office, I'm sure many people here would find that adorable because dearest hubby needs to talk to his newly wed wife. Or at least we don't frown that a gf-bf need to talk to each other so much because it's what we term as 'normal'. But for some reason, if two sisters do this (mind you this is only fiction) then it becomes too much? Is it because our minds have been set in a certain way that go along with what is 'right' according to the norm? 

Agree that Jeevika had a job and at that time Manvi wouldn't be able to be with her 24/7 anyway but at least she knew that her Di will come back to home to her. Now it's completely different! Jeevika is miles away and all Manvi is trying to do is hold on to her as much as she can. Wrong or right, I don't know but that's how she is and that's how they are. 

On a lighter note, KT's body has always impressed me too β˜ΊοΈ Perfectly lean.

Reemz good to see your post here..πŸ˜ƒ

now coming to the points you make.. i can again speak for myself but excessiveness and over attachment in ANY relationship for me is not ok... am a harsh individualist who cant handle crowding of any sort.. always live in the get off my back.. mode with utmost need of space to breathe.. aka claustrophobiaπŸ˜† now not wanting to defend my initial post about whether Manu should or shouldnt call.. I mostly put the blame on Jeevika for goofing up in the current scenario.. for lack of tact as such.. Manu is consistently impulsive so there is nothing to point out there.. now if a bf or husband did the same I wld be more W*F πŸ˜† m rather relaxed and taking it easy coz its siblings.. and tg sisters.. at least more believable.. am sorry although we can relax our pov for a lot of things.. some convictions are hard to let go off and the whole 'I can't live without you' in any relationship for me is plain delusional.. coz face it.. a human being can live even in stark isolation.. in dire circumstances.. and talking of fiction.. fiction only reinforces that attribute.. 

but yes there is something called suspension of disbelief when it comes to fiction/ literature and its the author or story-teller's art that makes a viewer do it.. let's just say the storyteller here hasnt got me hooked to the point where I can suspend my disbelief.. a lot of things btw JM and their equation has just been stated rather than established IMO.. having said that.. the bonding is defo more endearing than others of similar kinds I have seen on tv.. but its all about sensibilities i take to the easy going subtle bonds and the understated ones πŸ˜ƒ 

and I do believe different perspectives and perceptions only add dimension to a show.. so lets keep our diverse perceptions going.. but do keep adding yer take here.. love to read contrasting convictions...πŸ˜ƒ

P.S forgot to add.. oh yeah KTs physique almost looked carved out.. like david or something..πŸ˜† I did find myself staring at it for a bitπŸ˜† sculpted alright.. like I said thing of beauty..πŸ˜†
Edited by sonali.19281 - 12 years ago