sonali.19281 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Finally watched the epi that expectedly awakened this otherwise dry on discussion forum.. loads of perspectives, uproars and speculations kept aside.. the episode for me was a classic case of old habits die hard.. but before i go on my tangent.. I have a rationale doubt.. I had asked Ashu this a while back when I was catching up on the show.. what does Virat do for living?πŸ˜† today I had a similar question.. not that m bipolar or slow.. but really What does Manvi do in life? Like do.. πŸ˜† I had presumed if jeevika was a teacher and Manvi 3 yrs younger she shld be in college.. but there is no mention of it.. forget that the young girl wakes up on time to make lunch.. whats her vocation.. 

the missing link here may be the answer for a lot of erratic things.. well typical hindi show exaggeration prevailing.. where they almost show Manvi unable to live an hr without Jeevika's verbal presence at least.. needing to consult her etc.. one major blooper in this premise is Jeevika was a working girl.. who was a teacher.. full time would mean 8 hrs.. so Manvi had to make do without her presence for at least that time.. and couldnt call her every now and then at her convenience.. coz face it dude.. hitler or no hilter.. professional world cares a damn about your personal life. .and its special needs..πŸ˜† 

secondly if Manvi were invested towards a career or studies wont that help take her mind off the dependency.. or for that matter pursuing something on her own will give her that added individuality.. I know am trying to make logical sense in a feel good show.. so I move on..

Ok so coming to the epi.. like I said old habits die hard.. Manvi needing an excuse to call Jeevika.. recipe today.. something else tomorrow.. πŸ˜† another thing that struck me as odd is early morning before the men leave for work.. all women are mostly busy in tending to their needs.. whether its husbands or children we have grown up seeing our moms occupied in our morning requisites to even think of anything else.. so Swamini's orientation tour was ill timed as was Manvi's call.. mom didn't entertain any calls till we were all gone.. and she was alone.. oh well.. so I was saying.. 

this whole scenario emanated due to bad timing.. and the damage done more so by Jeevika.. she got so excited that she picked up the call while Swamini was speaking and hadnt finished her sentence.. bad manners.. I know if I had struck a convo with a friend while my folks were on something imp with me.. I'll get it royallyπŸ˜† in Js defense she excused herself eventually.. but Swamini had found her pet peeve by then.. and that woman doesnt need one after the mention of ManuπŸ˜† her tantrum throwing with the 3 in attention position was howlarious.. completely reminded me of the hum angrezo ke zamane ke jailor hainπŸ˜† in her defense tho no matter how seriously she takes herself.. she doesnt lack proportion.. even at her angriest.. she wasnt rude per se to Jeevika.. but she did huff n puff and leave so much so that she forgot her dahi routine with Viren... interesting..πŸ˜‰

speaking of the devil...πŸ˜† pray tell me how do you ignore a devil that wears prada.. I mean.. how exactly was Jeevika so awkward and unmoved after  a peek of that well sculpted body.. ok hormones aside.. a thing of beauty is a joy forever.. πŸ€£ so on those grounds I wld be elated to have hit jackpot.. a husband who is extremely low maintenance.. ready to pamper me.. a LAWYER.. with a toned body and rather decent looks.. the woman needs to get some reality check.. and not run away everytime here..πŸ˜† esp from a man who is so freaking independent.. trust me thats an oxymoron right there.. very few of those species are trained well enough to fend for themselves.. which brings me to the old habits die hard case 3 after JM and Swamini.. our Mr. Vadera the young lawyer has been trained and bred by none other than Ms Law and Order Swamini to totally take care of himself.. and in some ways be the perfectionist.. you can see it in the face he makes when he sees the orange shirt..πŸ˜† and Vanshika re-iterated how he doesnt really abide by other's choices when it comes to certain things.. I am totally like that.. no compromise on convictions.. and LOVED how in spite of being a ball of mush for his newly wed wife he softly yet strongly concurred that if he has erred she will have to learn to forgive him..quite a statement there our man.. πŸ˜ƒ me likes subtle assertion.. 

I defo liked Vanshika's little piece of advice to find middle ground with each other.. which they will have no doubts on that.. esp from Viren.. Virat's dig at rule no 48 from dadaji was funny..πŸ˜† so was our naughty lover boy.. who teased his wife at the physical proximity just to see that look on her face.. i knew he had no intention to kiss her in the middle of the living room... when he could hardly achieve much in the private confines.. but in that scene.. esp the eye shots of both.. KT excelled.. his eyes gave away the extreme fondness.. and affection that has the ability to melt glaciers.. KD looked really nice in green and in spite of her eyes being one of her best asset.. I found the expressions wanting.. either they are just too confusing or less relatable.. I cant handle baseless coyness after a while.. a little mischief is everyone's right..

cant end before I added the last old habits die hard case in point.. Dabbu being bullied into the kitchen by ManuπŸ˜†. poor guy I feel for him.. just how obedient is he.. everytime Manu has to do some chore Dabbu is by default her help..then again please explain why all the women at Hrishikesh decide to sit and twiddle fingers and not even help supervise.. esp Beeji.. again I get back to if Jeevika was working.. does that mean she had to wake up super early to make everyone's lunch before heading to work.. woahhh.. I think she has less work and more pleasure (pun intended) at Chandigarh as of nowπŸ˜†

that should be it for the ramble of the day.. the field is all yours now
Edited by sonali.19281 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Let me have the honor of reserving this! I shall reply here very shortly
PS- I missed one of these yesterday ;)
Edited by fairy17 - 12 years ago
sonali.19281 thumbnail
Originally posted by: fairy17

Let me have the honor of reserving this! I shall reply here very shortly

PS- I missed one of these yesterday ;)

take yer time..πŸ˜† i took all day to find this 10 mins for myselfπŸ˜†.. and yup dont hesitate to share nything..πŸ˜ƒ
abjbdishiuw thumbnail
haha...
For that matter even chacha ji just sits at home most of the time...wonder what the choudhary's hv as a source of their income...i mean virat is understandable...like he can loaf around the whole day and listen to swamini's sermons when required but dude...the chaudhary's need a bread earner!

jeevika n the phone call...had made a mental note to include it in my post...completely forgot...that was really rude...
i mean i found that entire situation weird...and forced...mannvi didn't HAVE to call jeevika...jeevika didn't HAVE to pick up the call...Swamini was ok...I sorta understood...not that am saying her reaction was right...but am saying that's how most jobless mothers in law react right...and it was justified to a certain extent...my bro was sitting with me playing on his PSP when i was watching the epi and he looked up and out of the blue said "why doesn't she just put it on silent!" 

I had issues with Jeevika not looking at Viren..i mean she didn't even try to steal a glance...like i said woman loosen up!

that's all...my hands are freezing...sorry for the bad punctuation but it sorta breaks my flow while typing!
luvlife84 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
awesome as ever, sonali- ur reviews are better than the show itself πŸ˜‰. and i completely agree with:
KD looked really nice in green and in spite of her eyes being one of her best asset.. I found the expressions wanting.. either they are just too confusing or less relatable.. I cant handle baseless coyness after a while.. a little mischief is everyone's right..

like seriously, they need to move the track- i am tired of watching the coyness.

and for me this drams is lacking little subtleties, nuances that MB had (had to bring MB in, didn't I πŸ˜†)-  manvi doesnt go to college, virat is not trying to resurrect his career, beeji sits like a maharani when the poor girl who has never cooked is slogging off in the kitchen, chachu just goes out to buy vegetables - like come on, they are testing our patience and common sense here.
right now, its like a typical saas-bahu show without an ounce of logic in it. you want to show manvi's dependence on jeevika, do it in a sensible and believable way; please!

sonali.19281 thumbnail
Originally posted by: _Priyanka_

haha...

For that matter even chacha ji just sits at home most of the time...wonder what the choudhary's hv as a source of their income...i mean virat is understandable...like he can loaf around the whole day and listen to swamini's sermons when required but dude...the chaudhary's need a bread earner!

the only source of income we have gathered apart from Jeevika's teacher job.. is Badi Beeji's pension money🀣🀣 I guess Chacha has some random business that needs him after lunch only..or may be he is paid to be  the shopper.. who shops for groceries for the whole neighbourhoodπŸ˜†.. oh yeah.. Virat can so be a vella.. but thats thing establish it.. but there's some mystery there.. so I'll wait for nowπŸ˜†

jeevika n the phone call...had made a mental note to include it in my post...completely forgot...that was really rude...
i mean i found that entire situation weird...and forced...mannvi didn't HAVE to call jeevika...jeevika didn't HAVE to pick up the call...Swamini was ok...I sorta understood...not that am saying her reaction was right...but am saying that's how most jobless mothers in law react right...and it was justified to a certain extent...my bro was sitting with me playing on his PSP when i was watching the epi and he looked up and out of the blue said "why doesn't she just put it on silent!" 

that whole situation was W*Fish.. I mean clearly Swamini made sense.. this was just habitual of Manvi.. if recipe is the real reason send her a book.. ask yer family to help.. if not dude every recipe can be extract on the internet.. she pissed me off with there are no tea spoons only table spoons line too... seriously If I had to deal with a partner, colleague or a sibling of this order.. I wld lose it rather often.. and it was rather thoughtless of the chaudhrys to let Manvi call J that early in the morning.. i mean Viren hadnt even left for work yet.. basic manners dude..πŸ˜† call her when she is velli after lunch.. or something.. 

I had issues with Jeevika not looking at Viren..i mean she didn't even try to steal a glance...like i said woman loosen up!
I know eh.. πŸ˜† the woman does have hormones right.. tad bit bhi chalega.. I mean come on.. u avoid the man like plague.. I thought you liked him.. she showed more interest in him before marriage.. even let him hold her hand when they were courting.. now when he does.. she tries moving it away.. regression much.πŸ˜† seriously dont get the soap heroine deal.. 

that's all...my hands are freezing...sorry for the bad punctuation but it sorta breaks my flow while typing! chill we aint in grammar class.. πŸ˜† n I aint no swamini.. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

OnlyHope thumbnail
Okay so let me just treat this place where I can vent a little about today's episode, as well as comment on a few other things.

As much as JM are close, inseparable, etc. I really am not fond of this entire calling-all-the-time thing. Maanvi is one thing, but Jeevika is older, mature, and she is married, has a family now. Both of them really need to just sit down and sort it out that they won't stop talking, but they have to limit themselves. It's not the end of the world, if they don't talk 24/7. Let alone Viren's family, but Jeevika has a HUSBAND now...who loves her immensely! Which brings me to m 2nd point here...

Oh em gee..gimme a break from Jeevika's coyness...when will she give in?! I'm not saying give in completely and show us on screen, but Jeevika needs to give into the fact that they're married now...yes, being shy is one thing, going overboard with the shyness and not opening upto your husband is another. Bechara Viren is already getting disappointed bar bar...with all the interruptions, be it his upset stomach, lunch time call, mandir visit, or his cold.

Lastly, I know Swamini is a grey character, in the sense that she's very strict and hates Manvi without a reason, ANYWAY. But without being bias, I feel that her anger today was totally valid. As I mentioned earlier, Jeevika needs to set a limit on how much the sisters will interact, she's not in her maika anymore and somethings just have to change. It's the reality of life. Instead of making a big deal out of it, they can accept and be HAPPY about it that Jeevika's is happily married.

I'm sorry if I offend anyone. Nothing that I said was intended to bash anyone...all of it is pure opinion for the sake of this discussion.
sonali.19281 thumbnail
Originally posted by: luvlife84

awesome as ever, sonali- ur reviews are better than the show itself πŸ˜‰. and i completely agree with:
KD looked really nice in green and in spite of her eyes being one of her best asset.. I found the expressions wanting.. either they are just too confusing or less relatable.. I cant handle baseless coyness after a while.. a little mischief is everyone's right..

like seriously, they need to move the track- i am tired of watching the coyness.

am rather entertained and amused by Viren... coz there's variety there.. layers intrigue me.. unidimensional is utmost blah.. Jeevika needs to have more variety and range in her personality.. you would think nothing other than Manvi interests her so much.. πŸ˜† like even yest on the bed.. when they guy is trying so hard and sneezing away.. respond.. at least talk.. do something.. dont lie like a plum pudding.. πŸ˜† their communication is even less than it used to be before.. well i hope its just a phase.. 

and for me this drams is lacking little subtleties, nuances that MB had (had to bring MB in, didn't I πŸ˜†)-  manvi doesnt go to college, virat is not trying to resurrect his career, beeji sits like a maharani when the poor girl who has never cooked is slogging off in the kitchen, chachu just goes out to buy vegetables - like come on, they are testing our patience and common sense here.
right now, its like a typical saas-bahu show without an ounce of logic in it. you want to show manvi's dependence on jeevika, do it in a sensible and believable way; please!

🀣 I cldnt help myself either.. but compare Devki's first day and Jeevika's.. the space and privacy and independence D got.. in spite of the compromise marriage was amazing man.. I mean VD had their private tea session.. charu didnt care for anything or anyone till IMV left or got ready and she finished her meditation..Rajvi was involved with Sid and Gaurav..  they all met for breakfast and they were all gone into their respective lives etc.. and the women bonded after that..and D wld take off to work too.. now thats normal.. wth is wid d waderas and chaudhry's.. Vanshika overhears a couple convo and jumps in to give her gyaan..πŸ˜† m like woman u just trespassed..πŸ˜† Swamini is being her law and order self at 7am.. let viren leave.. why does J need to be told to be by viren in the morning and see if he needs something.. isnt tht a given.. she wld have tea with him etc.. πŸ€£ kadambari giving her spl tippani on manu convo.. when chachu is evidently getting ready for the day and shlok is probably on his way too.. what really does marriage mean to these ppl I am curious.. zilch companionship.. acc to dadaji everything has a time and day.. oh reallyπŸ˜† that way virat comes across as rather normal.. giving ppl the space they need.. coz he cant handle crowding.. is ghar mein to subah subah tamasha..πŸ˜†

sonali.19281 thumbnail
Originally posted by: fairy17

Okay so let me just treat this place where I can vent a little about today's episode, as well as comment on a few other things.

As much as JM are close, inseparable, etc. I really am not fond of this entire calling-all-the-time thing. Maanvi is one thing, but Jeevika is older, mature, and she is married, has a family now. Both of them really need to just sit down and sort it out that they won't stop talking, but they have to limit themselves. It's not the end of the world, if they don't talk 24/7. Let alone Viren's family, but Jeevika has a HUSBAND now...who loves her immensely! Which brings me to m 2nd point here...

Oh em gee..gimme a break from Jeevika's coyness...when will she give in?! I'm not saying give in completely and show us on screen, but Jeevika needs to give into the fact that they're married now...yes, being shy is one thing, going overboard with the shyness and not opening upto your husband is another. Bechara Viren is already getting disappointed bar bar...with all the interruptions, be it his upset stomach, lunch time call, mandir visit, or his cold.

Lastly, I know Swamini is a grey character, in the sense that she's very strict and hates Manvi without a reason, ANYWAY. But without being bias, I feel that her anger today was totally valid. As I mentioned earlier, Jeevika needs to set a limit on how much the sisters will interact, she's not in her maika anymore and somethings just have to change. It's the reality of life. Instead of making a big deal out of it, they can accept and be HAPPY about it that Jeevika's is happily married.

I'm sorry if I offend anyone. Nothing that I said was intended to bash anyone...all of it is pure opinion for the sake of this discussion.

oh trust me all the posts here have been in accordance to the erratic stuff shown today.. arey have some semblance.. πŸ˜† 

on your point no.1.. is swamini really out of line to think manu is being a hindrance.. she doesnt even know abt the kheer fiasco.. she wld have flipped out.. see last time owing to manu call jeevika forgot sugar.. this time she forgot swamini is talking.. arey baba love, attachment is one thing.. forgetting the world for it is totally out of line..πŸ˜† you mean to say as a teacher she wld stop her lecture and attend to Manu's need.. why cant she see this as her job too.. 

secondly I totally agree.. I dont expect her to be on the same page of investment as Viren.. but be responsive.. she is coming across as thoughtless... how much the guy is bending for her man.. who does that in real life.. the whole barn sbs also gives the feel she will keep cowering.. any guy wld lose patience.. like she has been forced into this..πŸ˜† i mean.. she was more enthusiastic of the whole equation before marriage.. even called him on her own few times.. chalo its only been a day.. but one can see she is not emotionally invested to her hubby.. why does yer mom in law have to tell u.. to arrange for yer hubbies clothes..πŸ˜† lame.. 

as for swamini she put her finger on a sore.. rather early.. she can foresee it.. and is being the villain for viren's sake and her own convictions.. yes she goes overboard.. but then who is really being in limits and appropriate here.. Jeevika.. Manvi who.. Jeevika can come and say sorry 2049271 times.. but she has to consciously stop herself from goofing up.. how long will viren or virat cover her back.. 

and I repeat.. every opinion whether we agree or not will be respected in my threads.. so feel free to express yourself..πŸ˜ƒ
OnlyHope thumbnail
Jeevika's coyness annoys me to the max..it's not even sweet or cute anymore because it's not coming off as "cute". It literally seems as if the girl's just avoiding him at any cost, without the least bit of expressions! I seriously do wonder how the whole sbs barn thing will actually take place! She seemed more into Viren and falling in love back in Rishikesh than now...all she has in her head is Manvi
I was very disappointed the day itself when she forgot to put sugar in the kheer. Helping your sis- one thing. Forgetting your own responsibilities- not acceptable.
If Jeevika's family isn't bothered by her absence (in the sense that who will tc of the chores, etc.) why is Jeevika so bothered? Of course those with common sense accept the very fact that she's married and has her OWN life with her HUSBAND now.
Ufff..