Why I am starting to dislike Manayta?

Posted: 12 years ago
Okay, before u guys jump at me, hear me out. This is solely my opinion and I want it to be friendly. If I have any of my facts wrong, then please correct me  (since I have skipped some scenes because of Akash and have missed some due to exams). I started off the show liking Manayta and her cute, innocent side as well as her "take no nonsense from anyone" attitude but after her baba was jailed, I personally feel that her character has deteriorated, which is sort of sad ๐Ÿ˜ญ  I feel as though her personality is all over the place and not well defined and here are the reasons why (they are not in any particular order). 

1) After akash's confession, she has not spared one thought to her baba. OKAY, this got me๐Ÿ˜• I know for any child this would be biggest shock of their lives (especially for Manayta since he was her only family) and a feeling of betrayal surfaces. But you don't go ahead and forget your one family, when the crush of your life (YES crush not love) decides to confess. Her baba has raised her for 16 years, given up his own comforts for her own yet all of it takes to forget the 16 years of love is a 5 day's old crush to confess. When her baba had told her to pick between him and Akash, she had picked him because he meant everything to her but when the fact that he is not her biological father came out, she's  suddenly like "I don't love u anymore" and forgets him overnight. I mean if you are not physically related, you still have an emotional attachment to that person which is build over 16 years and that attachment does not go away when they decide they break the truth to you. Yeah, maybe you begin to hate them or think about all those years that you spend together but you don't FORGET them and this side of her  really makes me angry๐Ÿ˜ก

2) Manyata's treatment of her REAL family. I understand that she does not like them but that does not mean that she has to show disrespect (u also have to give some people a chance). In life, you have to show respect even to people you do not like because it reflects off of your upbringing and I personally feel Manayta owes some people an apology especially Dadisa. The way she acted when brought to the rajmahal forcefully was understandable but when she hurt Dadisa physically and called her a "Diyan" (I'll even excuse that since she did not know the truth and they had tied her to a chair) but when she found out the truth, she should have apologized. If I had done that to someone, and I found out the truth later, I would not be able to be in the same room as that person without feeling guilty yet Manayta feels nothing  likes that. She does not even understand Komal's emotions as a mother who has been waiting for her daughter for 16 years. She herself prayed that Komal one day find her daughter but when she found out that she is the daughter, she refuses to call Komal her mother which makes me wonder, why she is sweet to Komal one moment and totally rude the other. 

3) Manayta's behaviour ever since she entered the rajmahal. She seems to have getting more immature by the day. I personally feel that in life u have to give a little and take a little yet all Manaytal seems to be doing is taking (making J's room her own and never asking her permission about whether J is okay with all the changes. when u invade into someone's personal space, u have to work by their rules, and not yours. How many of u people will like it if your suddenly new sister decided to change the layout of your whole room, your ONLY PERSONAL SPACE, without asking you. I know I would most likely not like her and feel as though as my personal space is no longer mine leaving me heartbroken and left out and asking dadisa to have her all chawl stuff be brought to the rajmahal (I have no problem with that it's just that she is not giving back but only taking))  . Dadisa needs to make Manayata understand that the reason Manayta is receiving all these things is not because they owe this to her but because they love her (cause the attitude she seems to be displaying (correct me if I am wrong) is that "I owe u guys nothing but u owe me everything".) This in my opinion is very immature behaviour. She needs to understand that the world does not revolve around her and there are people in it as well who have the same needs as her. 

I hate to say this especially about a female lead but right now, Manayta's behaviour is very selfish. She needs to change before some of us end up becoming Manayta haters instead of some negative character haters. 

Just as a side note, I think most of u will agree with me when I say that this show is mostly character driven rather than plot driven but if the characters themselves act outside of their personality then where is the show supposed to go?๐Ÿ˜•  For example, Manayta saying that her baba is the most important thing in her life yet when she learns the truth, she forgets him overnight and is ready to settle down with Akash. Another one would be Akash going that he will suppourt Manayta no matter what but when the time came for him to support her, he goes "Go to your home, that's where you belong". In my opinion, Manayta and Akash's personality seems to be least sketched out (like I said their personality seems all over the place) whereas Uday, J, Dadisa and all the other characters are very well defined (even if they are not, the actors have given them a very well defined personality). The only saving grace of the show seems to be are the actors and MANVEER but if you take MANVEER out of the equation, this show has nothing new to offer aside from really good acting. I have always felt that despite the good concept, actors, sets, costumes, that this show is missing something but never been able to put my finger on it so if any of u guys know then please tell me. 

SORRY for the long post, I am just letting out my frustrations with the show. If you have frustrations regarding my post or with Manayta, you are more than welcome to comment. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I understand your point, although I missed episodes after Manayta found out her father wasnt her father, I feel like her reaction was justified, she just found out her 'father' was someone who had kidnapped her as a child, Although she hates him, she can't forget him, he was her sole family for so long, her personalities all over the place cause she's confused her whole identity was erased, and now from a poor "chawl-wali" she's a Princess..to me it made sense, and I feel she's rude to her grandma cause well although her grandma's intentions were n the right place she tied her up...its hard to forget that.. :P

Manayta wasnt rude to everyone, she's nice to Unnati as Unnati made an effort to be friends with her, she's nice to her mom too... I think Monia/Manayta is just confused, having J as a sister probably doesnt help =P

I agree with every single word

Manyata doesn't have to like her family, but she can still respect them. She must have learned to treat her elders with respect, but she doesn't do so at all

And she just sems to have blotted her Baba out of her memory. There's only Aakash and its so silly
For 2 days while she was kept forcably in the Rajmahal she tried desperately to get to her Baba, but now its like he doesnt even exist anymore

And as for the Rajwaare, I am surprised at these people.
They should be cautious as to whether this is the real Manyata or not and get a DNA test done to be sure
This will help clear up so many misunderstandings

Manyata needs to mature up a little

Yuks
I feel that we, as the audience feel that she is very immature and she was not completely acting like a child in the beginning. She had some senses in the start when her baba would say something, she would obey it and also reflect on her actions. That Manyata has been lost.
To be hones, the creatives are making her character so wreckless to
create  a comical effect and to make things interesting. But for some
people it kind of becomes confusing and annoying at the end of the
day...

I agree with you my dear, and I understand the frustration, but inorder to BUILD her Charecter, she needs to Break Down first (metophorically speaking).

Her recklessness, attitude problem and disregard for the obvious love standing infornt of it - with the conditions and expectations of course- is a test in someway: both for her family, and for the audience.
Be patient my dear!
All is well๐Ÿ˜‰
Originally posted by queenyuks

I agree with every single word

Manyata doesn't have to like her family, but she can still respect them. She must have learned to treat her elders with respect, but she doesn't do so at all

And she just sems to have blotted her Baba out of her memory. There's only Aakash and its so silly
For 2 days while she was kept forcably in the Rajmahal she tried desperately to get to her Baba, but now its like he doesnt even exist anymore

And as for the Rajwaare, I am surprised at these people.
They should be cautious as to whether this is the real Manyata or not and get a DNA test done to be sure
This will help clear up so many misunderstandings

Manyata needs to mature up a little

Yuks

Yeah, I was surprised as well that these people didn't do a DNA test. All proof they require is a scar on the back (there could be more than one person with the same scar). I mean what century are they living in??๐Ÿ˜• DNA tests can be done so easily these days and it will prove to them and Manayta that she is really the princess. 
Originally posted by imdudehead

I understand your point, although I missed episodes after Manayta found out her father wasnt her father, I feel like her reaction was justified, she just found out her 'father' was someone who had kidnapped her as a child, Although she hates him, she can't forget him, he was her sole family for so long, her personalities all over the place cause she's confused her whole identity was erased, and now from a poor "chawl-wali" she's a Princess..to me it made sense, and I feel she's rude to her grandma cause well although her grandma's intentions were n the right place she tied her up...its hard to forget that.. :P

Manayta wasnt rude to everyone, she's nice to Unnati as Unnati made an effort to be friends with her, she's nice to her mom too... I think Monia/Manayta is just confused, having J as a sister probably doesnt help =P

Even if her old identity is erased, she is given a new one but she does not want it. All she wants is to be with Akash (not even her baba who had raised her for 16 years which really shocked me that she did not spare this man 1 moment of thought after finding the truth). As for her being nice, she only seems to be nice to people who are nice to her and not the other way around (meaning she try being nice to someone at first). 
Originally posted by -Vishwa-

I feel that we, as the audience feel that she is very immature and she was not completely acting like a child in the beginning. She had some senses in the start when her baba would say something, she would obey it and also reflect on her actions. That Manyata has been lost.
To be hones, the creatives are making her character so wreckless to
create  a comical effect and to make things interesting. But for some
people it kind of becomes confusing and annoying at the end of the
day...

Yeah, the CVs have completely destroyed her character for comedy. They have given her personality a complete 180 degree turn. Comic scenes should be funny due to the original personalities of the character such as in IPKKND (another show that I watch), the comic scenes are funny due to the original personality of the characters and not because they have changed them around. 
Originally posted by reeha...k

I agree with you my dear, and I understand the frustration, but inorder to BUILD her Charecter, she needs to Break Down first (metophorically speaking).

Her recklessness, attitude problem and disregard for the obvious love standing infornt of it - with the conditions and expectations of course- is a test in someway: both for her family, and for the audience.
Be patient my dear!
All is well๐Ÿ˜‰

I am trying to be patient but sometimes you just feel like shaking the character and saying, "Wait a minute...you were not like this. what happened to you?"

i understand what you are trying to say but remember the story is along the lines of monia realizing her true self as a princess. The cv's need to show her in these immature light inorder for us to differentiate when she finally accepts that she is a princess and should behave like one. 
There is going to be a character build up eventually but its only been like what - three tv days since she has been in the rajmahal?
She has a right to strike out because Uday is the one who physically brought her at the rajmahal - and that too with the force he used he practically kidnapped her, And then when she finally arrives at the rajmahal they tied her up like she was some kind of slave.
How can she even begin to trust these people who changed her life so drastically and forced her to accept a bitter truth that the person who she cherished is not her father.
As for her wanting to be with akash- he was kind to her and i am sure it must have hurt to the core when her "father" told her that he had kidnapped her and akash was the only practical friend who she could have sought comfort in. I am sure she must had hate for her father for betraying her so.
And for her being rude to J - J has made her intentions and feelings clear towards Manyata from the day J first saw her - so all Manyata is doing is protecting herself from being attacked by J (which i am sure J will do once Uday starts to force his interest on Manyata).

I believe we should give the story some time - we will see a change in Manyata eventually when she gets comfortable and starts to trust these people. And also this story has nothing to do with real life - it was supposed to be along the lines of a fairy tale,