India-Forums

Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain
Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain

No-one is 'wrong'

*Reemz* IF-Stunnerz
*Reemz*
*Reemz*

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 2:50pm | IP Logged
And that's a major reason why I love this show. I know there were contrasting opinions on the Swamini v Manvi issue and in my opinion, they're both right in their own place. Swamini is a disciplinarian hence in her stern voice she attempted to teach Jeevika the rules & regulations of the Wadehra household on the second day itself. Like a good bahu, Jeevika obediently listened till the disruption named Manvi called her and she was completely distracted.  Swamini had got annoyed already (bit too soon I thought for the first phone call). A sister can call her sister right? BUT after the second, third and fourth phone call...it was but natural for Swamini to be angry. This attachment is beyond her understanding! When Manvi has Beeji and Chachi at home, why is she continuously bugging Jeevika? In her place, Swamini is absolutely justified raising an issue with these constant calls. It's not 'normal'...not in her book anyway.

Manvi...she doesn't think sometimes. I can see many people saying that she should grow up and become more understanding of the situation. If this was a real life situation then sure I may have agreed but her behaviour causes the high voltage (not melodramatic) drama. Say she wasn't childish, say she didn't act impulsively...how would the story move forward? For selfish reasons, I don't want her to become mature because I enjoy the yin & yang personalities of the sisters. Real life is different and  I would raise my eyebrow at Manvi's behaviour but in this serial, you could not have it any other way because she genuinely is finding it really hard to stay without her sister hence these cooking tips are just EXCUSES. She's not calling Jeevika because she wants to know what how much salt to put in etc. All she wants to do is talk to her sister because she can't let go of her.

It's all fine and dandy to say that we all have to 'let go' because its the right thing to do, it's 'healthy' and we must all move on and settle in our new life. But WHY should we view everything through one perspective?  Why does JM's attachment become 'unhealthy' to some of us just because we haven't actually seen anything like that in real life? Does it matter? Love IS love and it's not necessary to come under the pretext of romance. It comes in all forms and there are some relationships which should be respected rather than mocked. JM maybe extreme but you don't see them trying to trample over the other's happiness just so they can stay together.

Coming to Jeevika, her role is to balance. Without disrespecting Swamini Bua, she defended her sister's actions and stood up for her (rightly so). At the same time, Jeevika will be the first one to scold Manvi if she thinks she has done something wrong. Like today when Manvi wouldn't stop calling , Jeevika asked her straight up 'what are you doing?'. Some mention JM's cheesiness and in-your-face dialogues but there is a lot of subtleties to this relationship as well. There are layers in the smallest of conversations between the two sisters. It didn't long for Jeevika  to humour her baby sister again. She slipped back in easily to tell her about the paneer. The most oh-natural part was Manvi asking whether Jeevika was in the bathroom with Viren ROFL It was such a naughty comment to make but you know what? This is what sisters do. They're cheeky with each other because they know they can get away with it. 

Ok this became a long post without intending to but in conclusion...everyone has their own point of view but that doesn't automatically put someone in the right and the other in the wrong.

Edited by *Reemz* - 20 December 2011 at 3:38pm

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

cdeevianeevirmaan84deadly-kissshiningstarzjenna_pmasinHawa-Hawaiihamzanuharev4evaashred12a2zahid

-Pj- IF-Rockerz
-Pj-
-Pj-

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 3:30pm | IP Logged
Reemz you put this post up, after I turn off my laptop. Typical (on my part) I'll just comment from my phone then. :D

I'm going to start with the funny aspect first and that was the last phone convosation Maanvi and Jeevika had. When Maanvi asked if Jeevika was in the bathroom with Viren, I must have had the cheekist grin in my face. But like you said this is what sisters abs best friends talk about. I just loved it.

Now in to the phone calls. I do agree that Swanini has a right to be upset with the numerous of disturbances caused by Maanvi when she was trying to expain to Jeevika about the ways of the house. Yet she did get annoyed rather quickly, I get that she dislikes Maanvi but she is still Jeevika's sister she's always going to be part of her life.

Maanvi is immature but if she wasn't then there wouldn't be anything to propell the story. She of course calls Jeevika for her selfish reasons because she can ask the others in the house if how to cook. But she likes to talk to her Di and there is not anything wrong in that. I love Maanvi as a character but I have often thought if she was an actual person, I probably would get irratied by her after a while. But as for watching a show I absolutely love her.

Finally Jeevika, she will learn one day how to balance her in-laws against her sister. I think it's a balancing act many wives have encountered, trying to keep the peace between third respective families. She loves Maanvi with all get heart and will be the first to stick up for her. She is also the first person to scold her if she's wrong, so it is not like her love is blind.

I apologise for the longish post, I probably could write more but I can't seem to make words right now, after my 9 hour shift at work.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

*Reemz*

rev4eva IF-Dazzler
rev4eva
rev4eva

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 10:24pm | IP Logged
Love your post a lot. Smile

Originally posted by *Reemz*

And that's a major reason why I love this show. I know there were contrasting opinions on the Swamini v Manvi issue and in my opinion, they're both right in their own place. Swamini is a disciplinarian hence in her stern voice she attempted to teach Jeevika the rules & regulations of the Wadehra household on the second day itself. Like a good bahu, Jeevika obediently listened till the disruption named Manvi called her and she was completely distracted.  Swamini had got annoyed already (bit too soon I thought for the first phone call). A sister can call her sister right? BUT after the second, third and fourth phone call...it was but natural for Swamini to be angry. This attachment is beyond her understanding! When Manvi has Beeji and Chachi at home, why is she continuously bugging Jeevika? In her place, Swamini is absolutely justified raising an issue with these constant calls. It's not 'normal'...not in her book anyway.
// I think the difference in character and principles between Manvi & Swamini is the main reason for Swamini to be irked by the name of Manvi itself. Swamini's first impression on Manvi was not positive; Manvi was the total brat in comparison to Jeevika. Swamini being a disciplinarian, she tends to get irritated even by the slightest disturbance caused. One thing Swamini needs to know, when she accepted Jeevika, she needs to accept Jeevika's family as well. You can't expect the girl to leave behind all her ties esp Manvi after knowing the kind of bond both of them share. You don't set timetable for your family to call you. Her irritation on the first call was not acceptable but her irritation on the consequence calls was justifiable.

Manvi...she doesn't think sometimes. I can see many people saying that she should grow up and become more understanding of the situation. If this was a real life situation then sure I may have agreed but her behaviour causes the high voltage (not melodramatic) drama. Say she wasn't childish, say she didn't act impulsively...how would the story move forward? For selfish reasons, I don't want her to become mature because I enjoy the yin & yang personalities of the sisters. Real life is different and  I would raise my eyebrow at Manvi's behaviour but in this serial, you could not have it any other way because she genuinely is finding it really hard to stay without her sister hence these cooking tips are just EXCUSES. She's not calling Jeevika because she wants to know what how much salt to put in etc. All she wants to do is talk to her sister because she can't let go of her.
// Being typical Manvi, she can go to both extreme. Is either she is too impulsive or too mature at times. She always realizes the consequences to her actions a bit too late. I may presume that Jeevika was with her all the time to shield her and undo her mistakes but I guess the separation will mould Manvi better.  Unfortunately this characteristic makes Manvi so loveable to me

It's all fine and dandy to say that we all have to 'let go' because its the right thing to do, it's 'healthy' and we must all move on and settle in our new life. But WHY should we view everything through one perspective?  Why does JM's attachment become 'unhealthy' to some of us just because we haven't actually seen anything like that in real life? Does it matter? Love IS love and it's not necessary to come under the pretext of romance. It comes in all forms and there are some relationships which should be respected rather than mocked. JM maybe extreme but you don't see them trying to trample over the other's happiness just so they can stay together.
// Totally agree with you

Coming to Jeevika, her role is to balance. Without disrespecting Swamini Bua, she defended her sister's actions and stood up for her (rightly so). At the same time, Jeevika will be the first one to scold Manvi if she thinks she has done something wrong. Like today when Manvi wouldn't stop calling , Jeevika asked her straight up 'what are you doing?'. Some mention JM's cheesiness and in-your-face dialogues but there is a lot of subtleties to this relationship as well. There are layers in the smallest of conversations between the two sisters. It didn't long for Jeevika  to humour her baby sister again. She slipped back in easily to tell her about the paneer. The most oh-natural part was Manvi asking whether Jeevika was in the bathroom with Viren ROFL It was such a naughty comment to make but you know what? This is what sisters do. They're cheeky with each other because they know they can get away with it.
// Can't agree more.  I just think that if Jeevika told Manvi that she is busy with Swamini bua in the start, maybe Manvi would have gotten the hint. Jeevika did love her sister but it doesn't mean she let her get away with everything. There are several times where she scolded Manvi for her mistakes.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Sabu0211*Reemz*

*Reemz* IF-Stunnerz
*Reemz*
*Reemz*

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 12:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ejaz_biggestfan

Reemz you put this post up, after I turn off my laptop. Typical (on my part) I'll just comment from my phone then. :D Sorry...lol!!! Writing on the phone is TEDIOUS!! 

I'm going to start with the funny aspect first and that was the last phone convosation Maanvi and Jeevika had. When Maanvi asked if Jeevika was in the bathroom with Viren, I must have had the cheekist grin in my face. But like you said this is what sisters abs best friends talk about. I just loved it. ROFL I absolutely loved that part especially because I was watching it with my own sister. We both could relate to the mood of the conversation.

Now in to the phone calls. I do agree that Swanini has a right to be upset with the numerous of disturbances caused by Maanvi when she was trying to expain to Jeevika about the ways of the house. Yet she did get annoyed rather quickly, I get that she dislikes Maanvi but she is still Jeevika's sister she's always going to be part of her life. She did get annoyed too quickly. It didn't take time at all and it's unfair because it was only Jeevika's second day. Why can't her sister call her?!Confused For all she knows, it could have been the first call (though we all know it wasn't ROFL)

Maanvi is immature but if she wasn't then there wouldn't be anything to propell the story. She of course calls Jeevika for her selfish reasons because she can ask the others in the house if how to cook. But she likes to talk to her Di and there is not anything wrong in that. I love Maanvi as a character but I have often thought if she was an actual person, I probably would get irratied by her after a while. But as for watching a show I absolutely love her. Sometimes people forget that this is a fictional piece of work and not everything has to be shown practically just because we live in a world where certain rules have to be followed. Enjoy the fiction and stop looking for reality in every nook and cranny.

Finally Jeevika, she will learn one day how to balance her in-laws against her sister. I think it's a balancing act many wives have encountered, trying to keep the peace between third respective families. She loves Maanvi with all get heart and will be the first to stick up for her. She is also the first person to scold her if she's wrong, so it is not like her love is blind. There will be many times where she will be stuck between her in laws and Manvi & Viren and Manvi.

I apologise for the longish post, I probably could write more but I can't seem to make words right now, after my 9 hour shift at work. Appreciate all that you did write <3 I can totally understand. I find it hard to get the energy to write everyday but somehow JM give me the motivation to write

Sabu0211

*Reemz* IF-Stunnerz
*Reemz*
*Reemz*

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 12:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rev4eva

Love your post a lot. Smile Thank you very much :))

Originally posted by *Reemz*

// I think the difference in character and principles between Manvi & Swamini is the main reason for Swamini to be irked by the name of Manvi itself. Swamini's first impression on Manvi was not positive; Manvi was the total brat in comparison to Jeevika. Swamini being a disciplinarian, she tends to get irritated even by the slightest disturbance caused. One thing Swamini needs to know, when she accepted Jeevika, she needs to accept Jeevika's family as well. You can't expect the girl to leave behind all her ties esp Manvi after knowing the kind of bond both of them share. You don't set timetable for your family to call you. Her irritation on the first call was not acceptable but her irritation on the consequence calls was justifiable. Agree. Manvi is everything that Swamini is AGAINST. First of all she should at least respect Jeevika's family even if they aren't up to her 'standards'. Whatever Manvi is, she hasn't done anything to directly upset Swamini! Ok maybe Jeevika shouldn't have straight away picked up Manvi's call and cut Swamini off (but that is JM for you and the effect they have on each other) but that was the first time she saw the sisters talk on the phone after the wedding. Shouldn't she respect their sentiments?

// Being typical Manvi, she can go to both extreme. Is either she is too impulsive or too mature at times. She always realizes the consequences to her actions a bit too late. I may presume that Jeevika was with her all the time to shield her and undo her mistakes but I guess the separation will mould Manvi better.  Unfortunately this characteristic makes Manvi so loveable to me So true! She doesn't really think of the consequence logically. Like she wanted to be the mature one by staying away from Jeevika's wedding but she forgot that her sister would never sit on the mandap without her presence.

// Totally agree with you

// Can't agree more.  I just think that if Jeevika told Manvi that she is busy with Swamini bua in the start, maybe Manvi would have gotten the hint. Jeevika did love her sister but it doesn't mean she let her get away with everything. There are several times where she scolded Manvi for her mistakes. LOL yeh that would have helped if Jeevika told Manu about Swamini in the first place but I guess there wouldn't have been any drama to talk about. How on earth is Buaji going to cope with Manvi's physical presence in the house?!ROFL

shrarrti Senior Member
shrarrti
shrarrti

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
I was just thinking about this.  I feel the reason Swamini Bhua is so angry and feels so insulted about being mistaken for Jeevika is because she doesn't know how to make palak paneer!  So she wouldn't be able to tell Maanvi the recipe and therefore can not feel superior because she doesn't know everything!  Lol! LOL

*Reemz*

*Reemz* IF-Stunnerz
*Reemz*
*Reemz*

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 12:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shrarrti

I was just thinking about this.  I feel the reason Swamini Bhua is so angry and feels so insulted about being mistaken for Jeevika is because she doesn't know how to make palak paneer!  So she wouldn't be able to tell Maanvi the recipe and therefore can not feel superior because she doesn't know everything!  Lol! LOL

Haww it could well be the reason ROFL All she does is sit with her nose up in the air thinking she knows it all. What does she do anyway?!Ermm I thought the high class woman she is, she would have some sort of job at least rather than sitting at home and not doing anything.
hamzanuha IF-Dazzler
hamzanuha
hamzanuha

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 12:42pm | IP Logged
Agree with all the points posted by everyone.

Just would like to add one thing. IMO, Swamini would've been irritated by any call which interrupted her 'important' discourse, not just Maanvi's. Swamini has a very high opinion of herself & her importance & the Wadera family. But the fact that it was Maanvi calling was like a lit matchstick to a barrel of petrol. BOOM!

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top