Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sbk2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: premparbat

HI Shweta & Sush,

I dont think she swallowed her pride for love. To me it was more of La preserving her pride to be this bigger person. She understood that that there was nothing for her at the RM and any blame game would not get her what she wants. I dont think she understands Arnav that wel leither else she would not have been the one walking out of the door. She understood the image of ASR that he chose to show the world and there too she needed Khushi's help as a shield.

One regret I do have of her character is that she let Arnav off the hook a tad bit easy. She did feel that something was not right and even till the last moment did not question him as to why did he lead her to this merry dance ? There is nothing to be gained at this point in a breakup but this is something I strongly feel should be questioned.  She even asked him not to feel guilty ? Hell no he is guilty Lavanya and this should be with him for as long as it can.  This was Khushi's point as well in the poolside conversation...you cannot walk away breaking people's heart.

Anyway La did good and she is a better person for the Live-In relatioship she walked into.

@ bold: so true! But I guess La has always felt deep down that this relationship was pretty much one sided! 
But yes, it would have been a more natural reaction to at least question him as to why he promised her marriage when he did not love her.
Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Good post Shweta. I had always wanted La to act this way. There did not seem any malice or resentment for Khushi and yes, she knew Arnav had feelings (pretty strong ones at that) for Khushi.

La, however, did not tell Khushi about Arnav's feelings for two reasons:

(1) she wasn't sure whether he will act on them or remain distant.  If she were to tell Khushi Arnav loves her and Arnav keeps his feelings bottled up, Khushi's heart will be broken again. She did not want to do that to her dear friend.

(2) Khushi herself has just had a break up and is emotionally disturbed. This is not the time to tell her that she is loved by another man, especially when La is not sure what are Khushi's feelings for Arnav.

She truly loved Arnav because even in the face of rejection she thought about what is good for him and did her bit by giving those broad hints to Khushi. She asked her to watch over Arnav and understand him for he has problems understanding himself. By doing so she showed that she cared for both of them. She also stood up for him in front of his family and asked them to not blame him alone.

Ironically La understood Arnav better when she was on her way out than she did all those months they were together.  She saw him more clearly when she stopped seeing things from her point of view and instead saw them from his.  Earlier she was blinded by her love for him and was willing to accept so little from him.  It is to Khushi's credit that La understood her self worth and demanded for more. 

La is well aware of Khushi's hand in shaping her personality and thanks her whole heartedly.  La may have changed herself to be more acceptable to Arnav's family.  When finally his family accepts her, the man she did all this for rejects her.  So it may appear self defeating for La but then if one has to look at the larger picture, La is better off without Arnav than with him because she would have been locked in a loveless marriage which will lose its sheen for her once the first flush of being the newly wed bride wears off.  Now that Khushi has awakened the sensitive and caring side of La and taught her the importance of love and family values, she will in time find a man who will understand and cherish her for who she is. At the end of her journey in Shantivan La has become a better person and grown in character by leaps and bounds.  That is what counts in life.

I hope after this arduous and painstaking transformation of La, the CVs dont transform her back to that annoying snob she was before.  If she is to return later in the show, I want it to be as a friend to Khushi in her hour of need.  She can well do with a friend like La during such trying times.
Edited by Opti - 12 years ago
Zuzana thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hi Shwets, 

Wonderful analysis of La...I didnt think I would say this..but really liked her in yesterday''s epi. She was the epitome of graciousness. What touched my heart was she knew that ASR had feelings for kushi and La understood that he himself doesnt know that..she accepted the reality and she knew there is nothing to fight for!πŸ‘ La has analysed the situation very carefully..she is not impulsive as kushi is...though we used to call her tube light I felt her analytical skills are wonderfull..she takes time but comes to the right decision. I was wondering do real people accept such situations like finding their BF in love with their own friends so graciously? So hats off to the CVs for showing her in such light.πŸ‘

@sharu and Shwets: I agree with you both...why to worry what if she comes back as a vamp..though after seeing her yesterday I cant fathom her in a -ve role..she even left the place after knowing arhi are meant for each other..so why should she come back . At this point she is being wonderful and lets appreciate that...we will now worry abt arhi😍

@Ratna: I do concur with you that she should tell Arnav about Shyam now...somebody close to Anj should know what a creep he is as kushi cannot always keep watch over Anj or shyam..she should share this asap with Arnav.
sbk2 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Opti

Good post Shweta. I had always wanted La to act this way. There did not seem any malice or resentment for Khushi and yes, she knew Arnav had feelings (pretty strong ones at that) for Khushi.

La, however, did not tell Khushi about Arnav's feelings for two reasons:

(1) she wasn't sure whether he will act on them or remain distant.  If she were to tell Khushi Arnav loves her and Arnav keeps his feelings bottled up, Khushi's heart will be broken again. She did not want to do that to her dear friend.

(2) Khushi herself has just had a break up and is emotionally disturbed. This is not the time to tell her that she is loved by another man, especially when La is not sure what are Khushi's feelings for Arnav.

She truly loved Arnav because even in the face of rejection she thought about what is good for him and did her bit by giving those broad hints to Khushi. She asked her to watch over Arnav and understand him for he has problems understanding himself. By doing so she showed that she cared for both of them. She also stood up for him in front of his family and asked them to not blame him alone.

Ironically La understood Arnav better when she was on her way out than she did all those months they were together.  She saw him more clearly when she stopped seeing things from her point of view and instead saw them from his.  Earlier she was blinded by her love for him and was willing to accept so little from him.  It is to Khushi's credit that La understood her self worth and demanded for more. 

La is well aware of Khushi's hand in shaping her personality and thanks her whole heartedly.  La may have changed herself to be more acceptable to Arnav's family.  When finally his family accepts her, the man she did all this for rejects her.  So it may appear self defeating for La but then if one has to look at the larger picture, La is better off without Arnav than with him because she would have been locked in a loveless marriage which will lose its sheen for her once the first flush of being the newly wed bride wears off.  Now that Khushi has awakened the sensitive and caring side of La and taught her the importance of love and family values, she will in time find a man who will understand and cherish her for who she is. At the end of her journey in Shantivan La has become a better person and grown in character by leaps and bounds.  That is what counts in life.

I hope after this arduous and painstaking transformation of La, the CVs dont transform her back to that annoying snob she was before.  If she is to return later in the show, I want it to be as a friend to Khushi in her hour of need.  She can well do with a friend like La during such trying times.

Thanks Opti!

I loved your insightful response, especially the part about why La did not tell Khushi about Arnav's feelings for her - brilliantly put!

Yes, La started understanding Arnav better on her way out...

They have given her such a graceful exit, I do hope they don't take the route of other soaps and bring her back as a vindictive person in the future!
I mean she herself has realized that Arnav has feelings for her - so even if Arhi get married, she should not have a reason to be spiteful or vengeful.

Today's episode belonged hands down to Lavanya/Sana!
sbk2 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zuzana

Hi Shwets, 

Wonderful analysis of La...I didnt think I would say this..but really liked her in yesterday''s epi. She was the epitome of graciousness. What touched my heart was she knew that ASR had feelings for kushi and La understood that he himself doesnt know that..she accepted the reality and she knew there is nothing to fight for!πŸ‘ La has analysed the situation very carefully..she is not impulsive as kushi is...though we used to call her tube light I felt her analytical skills are wonderfull..she takes time but comes to the right decision. I was wondering do real people accept such situations like finding their BF in love with their own friends so graciously? So hats off to the CVs for showing her in such light.πŸ‘

@sharu and Shwets: I agree with you both...why to worry what if she comes back as a vamp..though after seeing her yesterday I cant fathom her in a -ve role..she even left the place after knowing arhi are meant for each other..so why should she come back . At this point she is being wonderful and lets appreciate that...we will now worry abt arhi😍

@Ratna: I do concur with you that she should tell Arnav about Shyam now...somebody close to Anj should know what a creep he is as kushi cannot always keep watch over Anj or shyam..she should share this asap with Arnav.

Zu my dear...

I too would have loved if she told Arnie about Shyam...but I don't think that is going to happen so soon. Shyam will put on an act of having reformed and Khushi may believe the facade...who knows?!

And yes, loved how they showed La realizing that Arnav has feelings for K. That does kind of nullify the situation for her to turn vengeful in the future! However, soaps are known to pull all kinds of twists, so we never know!

Loved La in the epi today, more than ever. Sana did full justice to her role. K and La's scene brought tears to my eyes. 
I do hope Arnav finds out about him sooner than later.

Originally posted by: sbk2

Hmmm. Why aren't you able to embed videos...problem with your browser?

I've heard of her in that serial, will check it out!

Works sometimes doesn't work sometimes..Just like La's brain till now..
Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Shweta, I noticed one thing when I re-watched the scene between La and Khushi. When Khushi was telling La that they will both meet their respective princes and depending on who meets her prince first, she will invite the other for her wedding, La thinks back on all the instances when Arnav let out his feelings for Khushi. She then woefully says that she will not be able to attend the wedding.  This shows that she is human after all and no matter how graciously she accepts the fact that Arnav and she are not meant to be, she still cannot bear to see him become someone else's.

I hope they do not use this later to show her turn back to being mean when she sees Arnav and Khushi together.  So far this show has had its unique way of handling so called cliched situations. I hope they keep it that way and not turn it into just another run of the mill soap.
sbk2 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Opti

Shweta, I noticed one thing when I re-watched the scene between La and Khushi. When Khushi was telling La that they will both meet their respective princes and depending on who meets her prince first, she will invite the other for her wedding, La thinks back on all the instances when Arnav let out his feelings for Khushi. She then woefully says that she will not be able to attend the wedding.  This shows that she is human after all and no matter how graciously she accepts the fact that Arnav and she are not meant to be, she still cannot bear to see him become someone else's.

I hope they do not use this later to show her turn back to being mean when she sees Arnav and Khushi together.  So far this show has had its unique way of handling so called cliched situations. I hope they keep it that way and not turn it into just another run of the mill soap.

Opti,

That's what they'll probably use, if they decide to bring her back in the future. 
She'll not be able to stand seeing them together and may turn negative πŸ˜’

I don't blame her for feeling that way though! It is heartbreaking to go through what she is going through right now...and then later to see that person settled down with someone else is definitely painful and frustrating.
SillyPepper thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Sharmi πŸ€—

Missed you yesterday buddy!

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Get ready for some childish comedy by Khushi tomorrow...you're getting what you looove about her...finally your intezaar is over for such scenes πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

As for Khushi pushing La and ASR's relationship...I have a mixed take on it. In her mind it is like a prince -princess love story. She cannot imagine relationships breaking up.
And when she heard about the broken engagement, she as usual thought that ASR forced it...judging from his previous behavior.
She reacted on an impulse and gave it her best shot to salvage the situation.
We as viewers know it was not right - they were never meant to be like La said.

Shyam toh Snake hai hi...he doesn't care about his own wife...what the hell does he care about La and ASR?

Khushi jerking her hands out of La's when she mentioned ASR...mixture of guilt, discomfort that La senses something and kind of like a shock - she had buried whatever was in her heart for Arnav. And now suddenly La was trying to dig it out!

Thanks for responding Dear! 

Sweetsy πŸ€— Thanx for missing me...me too missed u !Wil b AWOLing for few days
Well Shwets, If the scene s funny for me I wil laugh , if silly I wil slobber... not dat I will not drool while laughing... πŸ˜†
Yes Shwets, she does not want relations 2 break... though not meant for harming her nature of barging into others personal space (Physical n emotional πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†) crosses limits...
Like it s ASR-La relationship , she cannot go beyond limits...which s quite indecent..Well, dats her character!
Edited by cindrella255 - 12 years ago
Zuzana thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Zu my dear...

I too would have loved if she told Arnie about Shyam...but I don't think that is going to happen so soon. Shyam will put on an act of having reformed and Khushi may believe the facade...who knows?!

And yes, loved how they showed La realizing that Arnav has feelings for K. That does kind of nullify the situation for her to turn vengeful in the future! However, soaps are known to pull all kinds of twists, so we never know!

Loved La in the epi today, more than ever. Sana did full justice to her role. K and La's scene brought tears to my eyes. 
I do hope Arnav finds out about him sooner than later.

Shwets..kushi is taking too much into her hands...she said to Shyam that she will watch over him ..how does she think she will do it..she doesnt stay in RM so much and what if this guy can go behind another girl..that thought has not crossed kushi at all..so she needs to tell somebody else who can see that this Shyam guy doesnt play truant again..she is still very naive...poor thing will learn the hard way when her chracteristic of trusting other easily will come back and haunt her

Any ways this thread is for La..I dont want to bring the topic about creep and spoil it..lets keep this discussion for further..Yes Sana was fab..loved the way her charcater has shaped up!πŸ‘πŸΌ