I wanted to quit then - Anuj Sarma

luvmusic thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

It was posted earlier, but this has pics n is somehow more appealing

I wanted to quit Indian Idol then: Anuj Sharma

As The Indian Idol Contest approaches its Grand Finale, Subhash K Jha chats up the three Finalists...

Anuj: "The feeling of being in the Top 3 is beyond words. I can't believe Karunya, Sandeep and I have come so far! Yes, there was an ugly incident some weeks ago when people protested at the elimination of Ameya Date and my inclusion in the contest. I was pained and shocked.

The judges and the audience were all discussing why Ameya needed to be in the running. But no one asked me how it felt to be dismissed in such a rude manner. Very frankly I was numbed. Why was it happening to me?

When I was about to be voted out earlier, no one had spoken up for me. And if they so loved Ameya why didn't they vote for him ? I thought it was wrong. I wanted to quit there and then. I felt like a loser. I felt I had no business standing there on the platform.

But the judges assured me they had nothing against me….And I was praised by them in my very next performance. I've been singing since my childhood.

I used to sing in mother tongue Himachali (I'm from Kangra). Now I've a chance to sing in Hindi. Indian Idol has got me a national platform. Logon ne bahut pyar diya. I plan to continue my struggle in Mumbai. Meri pehchaan to ban chuki hai. Now I'll work hard.

Karunya: "I'm very confident about myself. But confident isn't enough. I also need the public's support…So do my colleagues Sandeep and Anuj. They will give me tough competition …On stage we're competitors.

Otherwise Sandeep, Anuj and I are buddies. We are TOO friendly. We don't let our competitive spirit show in public. We won't allow external pressures to break our unity. We've made a pact to remain together regardless of who becomes the Indian Idol. Do people really say I'll be the Indian Idol?

There's a lot of difference between what's said and the voting pattern. Why, I don't know. Yes, I know the judges love me. I'm very thankful to them. I'm lucky to have come so far.. No matter what the results I intend to pursue a career in singing in Mumbai.

Let me tell you, I gave up my studies in engineering and came to Hyderabad only for the purpose of being the Indian Idol. Not to be the first or second runner-up. But if I don't win the title I won't lose confidence.

I'll think that God has bigger plans for me. Fan following? (shyly) It's suddenly on me, and I've no choice but to deal with it. It does feel nice. But the attention embarrasses me. I wonder what my parents back home in Hyderabad must be thinking."

Sandeep: "Yes, I'm nervous about the outcome. But the stress to perform isn't that much any longer. I know I've made it to the Top 3. Aage kya hota hai dekhte hain. I'm doing my best. I consider the competition to be really tough.

Both Anuj and Karunya are very good singers. And I'd be foolish to undermine their talent. Muqabla ekdum zabardast hai. The three of are friends forever. Yes, all three of us want to be Indian Idols. But our friendship goes beyond competition

In the past few weeks all three of us have been a support system for one another I agree we're competitors. But our bonding goes beyond. I'm from Bikaner, have been in Mumbai struggling for three years. My aim is to be a playback singer. I've been learning music from my guru Ratnadeep. My struggle to sing well will continue beyond Indian Idol.

Source: http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=10155

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dancnballa23 thumbnail

Dang......i feel bad for Anuj how he felt the day of Amey's ouster.

PS: Thanks for the article😊

Edited by Dancnballa23 - 18 years ago
sonaahana thumbnail
Yea just feeling bad for anuj!!!