Ram & Priya - What actually went wrong?

Posted: 12 years ago
Ok guys, I was just trying to analyse the current situation from both Ram's and Priya's perspective, and I realised that neither both of them are wrong, nor totally right. Both of them had their own share of mistakes.

Firstly, I would like to mention that I liked the way
they have shown the development towards Priya finally breaking down and asking Ram about his past 😊. Initially, they showed how she was walking by the beach and contemplating the whole issue. She then decides she will not doubt Ram, but very naturally she reacted when Ram came in front of her. I know, Ram is not "emotionally" her husband, but I guess somewhere along the line she has started loving him, thats why this reaction. If it was just after marriage, am sure she wouldnt have been that affected as she wasnt emotionally connected with him at all at that time, so whatever he said or did wouldnt have affected her much. But eventually, especially after honeymoon, we can see both of them are developing feelings for each other. Thats why she reacted so aggressively inspite of telling herself that she wouldnt ask Ram anything about this woman, nor doubt him. Infact if you see, she is quite mature enough to understand and interpret the situation reasonably well, even though she got emotional. If it was any other serial, the moment the wife would have seen her husband hugging some other woman, she would have run away from there and immediately doubted him. But atleast Priya asked Ram directly without/before doubting him. She kept saying, "mere dil aur dimaag mein ajeeb kashmokash hain", and that was a very realistic reaction to the situation. I'm sure however intelligent/sensible/understanding a woman might be, in such a situation the brains and heart would definitely and naturally confuse each other. 

Regarding the conflict between Ram-Priya, as I mentioned earlier, both of them were neither totally right/wrong, having their own share of mistakes.

Priya's mistake was that instead of just simply asking Ram about who was the girl who was hugging him, she brought out those kangans and asked him about them. She kept repeating "mujhe aapke ateet ke baare mein kuch nahin jaana hain...", but kept contradicting herself by asking him about that girl and his connection with those kangans. She was indirectly asking him about his past, though she kept trying to camouflage it by keeping on saying "main aapke ateet ke baare main kuch nahin jaana chahti", but the fact is that to talk about those kangans or that girl who was a part of his past, is like asking him his past itself, but in an indirect manner. She should have simply asked him about the girl, without bringing the kangans into the picture. If you have noticed, till the time she took out those kangans, Ram was calm and was feeling bad seeing her cry and was trying to console her, but the moment she took out those kangans only he became angry and agitated. It must have seemed to him as though she was hiding those kangans till then, waiting to take them out and question Ram at an appropriate time. Thats why he must have got annoyed.

Then, Priya also conveniently forgot that Ram did try to talk to her about his past, but it was SHE who refused to listen to him and laughed it off, and walked away. If she would have patiently listened to him at that time, maybe he was in a mood to tell her everything about his past. But the way she asked him with those kangans, obviously he wasnt in a mood to give her an explanation.

Now Ram is also not totally right. First of all, he should stop screaming at Priya like this. And I cant understand one thing, if Ram was ready to tell Priya the truth about his past previously, then why is he having a big problem in telling it to her now? I'm just assuming the reason why he had a problem in giving an explanation to Priya this time was because he got really annoyed with her, at the way she just slapped that question on his face, when his past seems to be a very delicate issue for Ram. Maybe he was in no mood to discuss it with her because he dint like her attitude.

But Ram also dint totally make sense...he told Priya that she shouldn't be bothered about his past, unless he does something wrong in the present, but what if his past itself is becoming a part of his present? When Priya realised that Apeksha is a part of his past, she dint even question Ram and told her that she trusts Ram, and even if she was a part of his past, she doesnt care. But she took the matter seriously, ONLY when she saw the same girl hugging Ram. So Ram was letting his past involve in his present, so how can he blame Priya then? Not only that, he was also acting like a hypocrite when he asked Priya not to be bothered about his past, as Ram himself was "bothered" when he THOUGHT Ashwin was Priya's past, and the possibility that she STILL loves him. He became really restless, and lost his peace of mind over the same. And it was the same Ram who did jasoosi of Ashwin to find out the truth about his and Priya's relationship. Why at that time he dint think "whatever!" even if Priya liked Ashwin? Why did he have to take so much of trouble to find out about Priya's relation with Ashwin? So wasnt he behaving like a hypocrite when he asked Priya to stay out of his past, and his past relationships?!

So I would say, neither Priya nor Ram were totally wrong or totally right. Both of them behaved according to the situation, and both of their emotions erupted spontaneously and uncontrollably. Both of them were hurt and disturbed, which provoked their respective reactions. And now, both of them are trying to verify their actions and mistakes (Priya in consultation with her dad, and Ram with Vikram), so I hope they patch up soon 😊.

Good analysis. But I hope they both sit down and talk about it.
Originally posted by ek1229

Good analysis. But I hope they both sit down and talk about it.

Definitely they will solve the problem in a very simple manner, without heavy duty dramas. Thats been the track record of BALH till now, so hopefully the matter will be resolved in a similar fashion 😉.
You have written it so nicely. I totally agree with you.
I absolutely agree with ur post...they acted according to the situation...they didn't act by considering the past facts...They keep saying to each other that they don't give a damn about the past..then why feel the pain?? I believe they will talk soon and sort out the differences..

By the way Aparna,,,,loved ur siggy...i think that siggy was ur birthday gift...how sweet...and it keeps us reminding of the elusive man 😍😳

Edited by ltl1deewani - 12 years ago
Yeah! You are right! But this happens to
All of us too I guess! Time does make things
Better as people react differently with time
😃 oh gr8 you put the situation really well.👏
My best analysis of this is that they r falling in love and any1 falling in love reacts in such a way.and to me you always fight with the one u love the most!!! So much fightn omw so much love to come.raya is gna blow us apart when they start confessing their love for each other!!!

Originally posted by ltl1deewani

I absolutely agree with ur post...they acted according to the situation...they didn't act by considering the past facts...They keep saying to each other that they don't give a damn about the past..then why feel the pain?? I believe they will talk soon and sort out the differences..

By the way Aparna,,,,loved ur siggy...i think that siggy was ur birthday gift...how sweet...and it keeps us reminding of the elusive man 😍😳

Hey Swasti...nice to see you here 😊! And ya, those siggies were gifted to me by my friends on my bday, they look so cool na 😃?! MR looks too irresistible na in the first one 😉?

Regarding Ram and Priya, both of them were emotionally driven and acted accordingly. Emotions took over diplomacy, and both of them got carried away and reacted accordingly. But ya, very soon they will have a really sweet patch up I feel 😳.

Originally posted by fosla

Yeah! You are right! But this happens to
All of us too I guess! Time does make things
Better as people react differently with time

Yup, we all get driven by emotions according to the nature of various situations at hand. So cant totally blame Ram-Priya for the way both of them behaved/reacted.